These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

First Maxed Eve account.

First post
Author
Avvy
Doomheim
#241 - 2016-02-15 12:50:56 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Avvy wrote:
... Without the hard cap I knew there was going to be some kind of ****storm.
There would be anyway. Now that everything is for sale for RL $, CCP has lost all integrity.
First it was a hand, a kiss then a bit role play costumes but now anything anyone wants to pay for; they can have.

Well I don't know what MMO you will be playing then as they're all going the same way.

Jenshae Chiroptera
#242 - 2016-02-15 13:01:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenshae Chiroptera
Lan Wang wrote:
Avvy wrote:
There would be anyway. Now that everything is for sale for RL $, CCP has lost all integrity.
First it was a hand, a kiss then a bit role play costumes but now anything anyone wants to pay for; they can have.
i cant buy a Polaris with 99% resists across the board for rl money though, that would be real p2w Roll
For the pedant in the room:
Everything a player can normally acquire through time or effort can be bought for real life cash.
Avvy wrote:
Well I don't know what MMO you will be playing then as they're all going the same way.
Wurm Online for now, (and yes for stupid cash you can buy things there also).

I will keep an eye out for the game that bucks the trend and stands upon their integrity.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#243 - 2016-02-15 13:03:35 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
Avvy wrote:
i cant buy a Polaris with 99% resists across the board for rl money though, that would be real p2w Roll
Everything a player can normally acquire through time or effort can be bought for real life cash.

thats the thing though, time and effort is already made, nothing is conjured out of thin air

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Jenshae Chiroptera
#244 - 2016-02-15 13:06:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenshae Chiroptera
Lan Wang wrote:
Thats the thing though, time and effort is already made, nothing is conjured out of thin air
There was a time, when you paid for access to a game world, where you were anonymous, role playing was the norm and people would start on a level playing field, no matter their real life circumstances.

Now people can pay to cheat their way forward in games that have corrupted communities of tantrum kids.

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Avvy
Doomheim
#245 - 2016-02-15 13:10:39 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:
Avvy wrote:

thats the thing though, time and effort is already made, nothing is conjured out of thin air

It's why they went the injector route, they wanted to keep it a player run market.

Look at it this way, CCP gave players the means it was the players that decided to use those means. So effectively it was the players decision.

If players hadn't of put sp injectors onto the market, there would have been none for sale.
Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#246 - 2016-02-15 13:13:26 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
Thats the thing though, time and effort is already made, nothing is conjured out of thin air
There was a time, when you paid for access to a game world, where you were anonymous, role playing was the norm and people would start on a level playing field, no matter their real life circumstances.

Now people can pay to cheat their way forward in games that have corrupted communities of tantrum kids.

That time is long gone in the gaming world and id rather ccp try and generate funds than go bust and i lose everything i have achieved with this char.

take your pick

1. Let ccp try and monetize the people willing to spend rl cash who want to play but have no interest in trying to compete with 10 year plus vets.

2. block ccp from making any money and live off sub money and eventually die because its not a successful business.

Sorry but id rather ccp lived so i can play the game that i invested money into

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Jenshae Chiroptera
#247 - 2016-02-15 13:23:32 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:

That time is long gone in the gaming world and id rather ccp try and generate funds than go bust ...
3) Solid game design rather than band aids and sell outs to teenage fantasy. Greater challenges at higher levels for a better sense of achievement.
Couple all of that with a more effective marketing strategy.

People strive to go to Oxford and Harvard.
EVE has lasted so long because it was niche; because it held out apples far out of reach and people kept climbing to reach them.

As I kept saying in the WiS thread, they could have us walk right through the CQ door and into a Dust social area.
We could change games but keep the same characters if we had two accounts.

There are many ways to widen the scope of EVE, to set the bar higher, make it more of a quality experience but they just keep on selling out.

Not even once

Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
EDENCOM DEFENSIVE INITIATIVE
#248 - 2016-02-15 13:30:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
Lan Wang wrote:

Games have become business as any other, so people throwing cash on games, and willing to spend more, will be satisfied.
And remember, CCP only allows players to redistribute earned SP with other characters, something that was allowed with character bazaar earlier. Now its just more convenient, and some SP are lost. Twisted
Jenshae Chiroptera
#249 - 2016-02-15 13:41:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenshae Chiroptera
Nana Skalski wrote:
... And remember, CCP only allows players to redistribute earned SP with other characters, something that was allowed with character bazaar earlier. Now its just more convenient, and some SP are lost. Twisted

Avvy wrote:
So although you couldn't put the sp exactly where you wanted to, you could buy a character that closely matches what you wanted, so not really a great deal of difference.
Except for characters on the bazaar having a HISTORY and often a public set of skills that wouldn't have changed much and kill board with losses to check.

Now, a "newbie" can do a fast turn around and hustle you into an expensive loss.

Bring on the risk aversion ten-fold.
Your excuse for CCP is wearing thin with repetition.

SP destroyed -> SP farms are being grown as we speak.

Not even once

Avvy
Doomheim
#250 - 2016-02-15 13:45:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Avvy
Nana Skalski wrote:
... And remember, CCP only allows players to redistribute earned SP with other characters, something that was allowed with character bazaar earlier. Now its just more convenient, and some SP are lost. Twisted

Avvy wrote:
So although you couldn't put the sp exactly where you wanted to, you could buy a character that closely matches what you wanted, so not really a great deal of difference.
Except for characters on the bazaar having a HISTORY and often a public set of skills that wouldn't have changed much and kill board with losses to check.

Now, a "newbie" can do a fast turn around and hustle you into an expensive loss.

Bring on the risk aversion ten-fold.
Your excuse for CCP is wearing thin with repetition.

SP destroyed -> SP farms are being grown as we speak.

I'm not sure if you're talking to Nana, me or yourself with those quotes.

Edit:

As your edit added sp farms, there were already sp farms in the form of characters for the bazaar.
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#251 - 2016-02-15 13:49:20 UTC
We are coming to a point when I will defend players who throw money to the CCP and you will defend players denying CCP their money. Guess who CCP will listen more. Twisted
Gary Bell
Black Dragon PHP
Brave Collective
#252 - 2016-02-15 13:54:46 UTC
I mean honestly yes, it does take a bit out of the games feely squishy parts.. But it literally makes no difference to the way the game is day to day. People like that did it for the hell of it and because they wanted the fame.. Nothing more.

The percentage of eve players that are able to do this are very small and you could prob go your entire eve career without ever meeting one in any aspect. Eve has to large a universe and player base.

Last to remake the point. Eve has basically been play to wins sense plexs came about. Any person with enough drive and RL cash could buy 200 plexs and convert them to isk and buy a Char off the market. Then simply delete the posts from the forum and no one would be any the wiser.

This will make no difference to the game what so ever except alot of the bittervets will be able to unplug mining and there will be alot more link and cyno five alts running around.

Oh, and farming sp will be a new profession insted of farming large batches of chars to sell...

Get over it they got some money in the coffers now so they can stop laying people off and maybe give us some new cool things to play with in game.

Tear level

HIGH
Jenshae Chiroptera
#253 - 2016-02-15 14:04:30 UTC
Gary Bell wrote:
I mean honestly yes, it does take a bit out of the games feely squishy parts.. But it literally makes no difference to the way the game is day to day. ...
There are penalties to the character bazaar.

Why strive when you can just buy?
Why buy for a low achievement game?

Not even once

high sec alt
Doomheim
#254 - 2016-02-15 14:14:58 UTC
shameless post so I can follow
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#255 - 2016-02-15 14:22:46 UTC
Avvy wrote:

OH NOES!!!!!!! Someone did on a single character what could already be done with many characters!!! It's the end of the world!!!!

Buying an alt army off the bazaar could already give you all what this guy can do now in a more practical way because you could do many at the same time. His one maxed character can only do one thing at a time.
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#256 - 2016-02-15 14:26:10 UTC
Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#257 - 2016-02-15 14:31:35 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
Avvy wrote:

OH NOES!!!!!!! Someone did on a single character what could already be done with many characters!!! It's the end of the world!!!!

Buying an alt army off the bazaar could already give you all what this guy can do now in a more practical way because you could do many at the same time. His one maxed character can only do one thing at a time.

this. he still needs alts to be 100% efficient hahaha

Jenshae Chiroptera
#258 - 2016-02-15 14:33:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenshae Chiroptera
Frostys Virpio wrote:
... OH NOES!!!!!!! Someone did on a single character ...
13 page thread and you think I am talking specifically about one character? Roll

Not even once

Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#259 - 2016-02-15 14:39:48 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
... OH NOES!!!!!!! Someone did on a single character ...
12 page thread and you think I am talking specifically about one character? Roll

The only thing different from normal day that happened is that it was done on a single character. You could already buy an alt army and have access to every function in the game. You just un-loaded a bunch of PLEX on the market and then went to the bazaar with a checklist to fill.

Some obscure combo of skill would cost you a lot but chance are most stuff could be found anyway. What really is different now?
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#260 - 2016-02-15 14:41:33 UTC
Removed an off topic post.

Also, the Polaris frigate is unable to shoot anything and has no fitting slots. Well it's got one mid depending on the variant, but it's not an offensive ship.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department