These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

First Maxed Eve account.

First post
Author
Nat Silverguard
Aideron Robotics
#221 - 2016-02-15 03:43:29 UTC
W33b3l wrote:
I said this would happen. No one believed. I'm better at seeing patterns then most though.

I saw this coming when aurum was introduced. Once you open the door.

If memory serves, the money grabs started getting bad again after Soundwave left.

You can argue this isn't as bad as it seems. The joke on you is this is no where the end of it. You allow this crap to happen, it opens the door for more BS that will effect something you care about eventually.

There is more game ruining, money grabbing crap to come SOONtm


lol, get over yourself dude, everybody saw this coming, the only difference is everybody that knows better know these issue wouldn't matter.

do you think the silent majority who understand the actual situation wouldn't speak up if a true P2W comes out? if a legit P2W feature comes, an item like golden ammos or invulnerable mods, that can directly affect the outcome of a fight, then yes, i am gonna quit as well. but this, meh.


Just Add Water

Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#222 - 2016-02-15 03:47:38 UTC
The huge bonus is you no longer need to sub when your not able to play.

For the past 5 years or more I have kept several characters subbed even during periods I cannot play for real life reasons for several months - just becasue of SP.

Starting in two days time I will be totally unsubbed on all characters for the first time since about 2010.

The reason I can now do this is I can come back in a few months and throw ISK at my various alts and catch up.

Caleb Seremshur
Naked Oiled Bodybuilders
Parasitic Legion.
#223 - 2016-02-15 05:14:32 UTC
Hasikan Miallok wrote:
The huge bonus is you no longer need to sub when your not able to play.

For the past 5 years or more I have kept several characters subbed even during periods I cannot play for real life reasons for several months - just becasue of SP.

Starting in two days time I will be totally unsubbed on all characters for the first time since about 2010.

The reason I can now do this is I can come back in a few months and throw ISK at my various alts and catch up.



I guess that's a perk but not one I'd be selling.

The game needs more people in space. No stories or legends are being told by people who aren't involved.
Daniela Doran
Doomheim
#224 - 2016-02-15 05:45:24 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
I begin to think that Skill Injectors are a cash grab before CCP sells EVE to Perfect World, EA or some other company that can squeeze out the last blood from a stone.

Yea it makes since. I mean the guys at CCP can't really be this incompetent unless they fully intended on bleeding the last ounce of life out of this game while they still can. Not to mention the Devs silence in those DevBlogs.

Either they are trying to bleed this game out then shut down development of Eve and focus entirely on Valkyrie or it is as you say.

Also the new camera angles remind me of EA typical game effects.
Caleb Seremshur
Naked Oiled Bodybuilders
Parasitic Legion.
#225 - 2016-02-15 06:05:05 UTC
Daniela Doran wrote:
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
I begin to think that Skill Injectors are a cash grab before CCP sells EVE to Perfect World, EA or some other company that can squeeze out the last blood from a stone.

Yea it makes since. I mean the guys at CCP can't really be this incompetent unless they fully intended on bleeding the last ounce of life out of this game while they still can. Not to mention the Devs silence in those DevBlogs.

Either they are trying to bleed this game out then shut down development of Eve and focus entirely on Valkyrie or it is as you say.

Also the new camera angles remind me of EA typical game effects.


Okay let's real talk here for a minute.

They hired an EA manager because working for EA means you know how to play in the big time.
They might be squeezing blood from a stone right now but to be fair they're mostly capitalising on the people who we affectionately know as whales anyway. Jump in, blow $400 on stuff and then get pwnd and leave. Same cycle just doubled down. It's cynical but that's business.
You're assuming they'd switch off the servers while you still pay $12/month? Really? They'd actively kill $5mil a month for what reason? To be perfectly fair and honest counting for inflation you're paying less for eve year on year and them not raising the sub fee is costing them money - for our benefit only.

Are they switching over to a semi-F2P model to compensate for that last point? Duh. Yes. And WOW has woken up to this as well after raping their customers wallets for $15 a month for 10 years.

The silence from devs you mention is a tactic deliberately employed by companies who do not want to defend their behaviour. Jim Sterling recently pointed this out in one of his videos but I've observed the tactic for many years previously while I beta tested bf2/2142 and lastly WAR for EA. As recently as that failed enterprise they were using the old cold shoulder trick to suffocate dissatisfaction and while it's reprehensible to see CCP now use it I can understand why - because it's effective.

My sub expires in April, when does yours?
Professor Humbert
Project Fruit House
#226 - 2016-02-15 06:05:32 UTC
Although I have yet to find an urgent need for an injector, I like the idea because we now have a legit way to completely destroy some SP's from the game. Already bunch of injectors destroyed

Doesn't an Extractor extract 500,000 SP flat?
Teckos Pech
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#227 - 2016-02-15 06:09:22 UTC
Professor Humbert wrote:
Although I have yet to find an urgent need for an injector, I like the idea because we now have a legit way to completely destroy some SP's from the game. Already bunch of injectors destroyed

Doesn't an Extractor extract 500,000 SP flat?


Yes, an injector must have 500,000 SP. No more, no less.

So blowing one up means that those SP leave the game, permanently.

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

Indahmawar Fazmarai
#228 - 2016-02-15 07:56:50 UTC
Vincent Athena wrote:
Another way CCP could have done a limit:

Everyone has a "cerebral limit" on their SP.
The limit starts at something sort of large, say 10 million.
For each character, the limit increases at the maximum possible training rate, which I think I heard is 2700 SP per hour.
You cannot inject SP over your cerebral limit.


Well before the SP issue was discussed, I suggested to "borrow" SP so a player could insta-skill certain SPs but at a price of greatly diminished SP acquisition until his total SP matched what he would had gained "naturally".

Like "take 500,000 SP now, but have 1/10th acquisition rate until they're paid back".

Obviously I think it would have been a lesser evil and a more coherent way to implement fast skilling, but CCP apparently can't make a better game so they started selling it in a different way.
Abannan
Pew Pew Pirates
Villore Accords
#229 - 2016-02-15 09:17:13 UTC
What does it matter though, except the fact of "oh i'm poor I can't afford to do this"
Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari
End of Life
#230 - 2016-02-15 09:27:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
Abannan wrote:
What does it matter though, except the fact of "oh i'm poor I can't afford to do this"

For me, there are all the individual mechanics that are each something tangible about the game. But then there's a deeper quality that they produce when they all come together. It's more of an intangible quality that creates an attraction (and commitment) to the game.

When the mechanics change, so does that additional quality. Sometimes it's good. Sometimes it isn't.

In this case, it feels like something about the overall quality of the game has been lost and now the genie is out of the bottle, there's no mechanics changes that will be able bring that back.

Sort of difficult to explain and nothing to do with the ability to afford it. It's more emotional than financial.
Teckos Pech
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#231 - 2016-02-15 09:32:31 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:
Abannan wrote:
What does it matter though, except the fact of "oh i'm poor I can't afford to do this"

For me, there are all the individual mechanics that are each something tangible about the game. But then there's a deeper quality that they produce when they all come together. It's more of an intangible quality that creates an attraction (and commitment) to the game.

When the mechanics change, so does that additional quality. Sometimes it's good. Sometimes it isn't.

In this case, it feels like something about the overall quality of the game has been lost and now the genie is out of the bottle, there's no mechanics changes that will be able bring that back.

Sort of difficult to explain and nothing to do with the ability to afford it. It's more emotional than financial.


So when this guy is primaried and podded again and again just because....that will mean what?

Keep in mind this player has spent the equivalent of $30,000 to get his 1 character to maxe in everything, but he'll die again and again to a small gang of characters with 1/10th his SP.

Unless he gangs up he is going to be everyone's favorite target.


"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

Adeline Rais
Rais Industries and Research Incorporated
#232 - 2016-02-15 09:41:26 UTC
I find all this very hard to stomach.







Won't somebody think of the children!?
Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari
End of Life
#233 - 2016-02-15 09:44:53 UTC
Teckos Pech wrote:
So when this guy is primaried and podded again and again just because....that will mean what?

Keep in mind this player has spent the equivalent of $30,000 to get his 1 character to maxe in everything, but he'll die again and again to a small gang of characters with 1/10th his SP.

Unless he gangs up he is going to be everyone's favorite target.



I don't know. Does he ever undock?

I don't mind him (or me if it was me) becoming New Eden's Most Wanted. That would be a kind of fun list to be on.
Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#234 - 2016-02-15 10:26:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Tyberius Franklin
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:
Vincent Athena wrote:
Another way CCP could have done a limit:

Everyone has a "cerebral limit" on their SP.
The limit starts at something sort of large, say 10 million.
For each character, the limit increases at the maximum possible training rate, which I think I heard is 2700 SP per hour.
You cannot inject SP over your cerebral limit.


Well before the SP issue was discussed, I suggested to "borrow" SP so a player could insta-skill certain SPs but at a price of greatly diminished SP acquisition until his total SP matched what he would had gained "naturally".

Like "take 500,000 SP now, but have 1/10th acquisition rate until they're paid back".

Obviously I think it would have been a lesser evil and a more coherent way to implement fast skilling, but CCP apparently can't make a better game so they started selling it in a different way.
The problem with mechanics like that is that they're long term, and based on the numbers even short term non-factors. The only time it's useful is when whatever number of SP granted achieves some certain milestone which is somehow important enough to significantly delay the next one, and further expend some level of expense for it as required.

I can certainly see the draw of this mechanic while not feeling personally enticed to use it, your idea though I wonder what's the point. Getting a weeks worth of SP while gaining close to nothing the prior seems worse than just trudging along at a 1x pace, which of course would only work to increase frustration with waiting on skills.

At that point there's room to argue for not changing the system at all since over time the effects are more superficial than anything else. But if you're of the opinion that any good change has to be merely a superficial deviationfrom what was prior (and further doesn't actually do anything save make training feel that much worse for a period of time) I can see how casting aspersions seems justified.
Jenshae Chiroptera
#235 - 2016-02-15 12:06:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenshae Chiroptera
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:
CCP apparently can't make a better game so they started selling it in a different way.
Caleb Seremshur wrote:
And WOW has woken up to this as well after raping their customers wallets for $15 a month for 10 years.
My sub expires in April, when does yours?
You need a second job or a better one if you feel sexually and violently assaulted by paying $15 for a whole month of entertainment.
My account will be cancelled after I vote for Xenuria.
Nana Skalski wrote:
EVE is not what you are thinking it is. Its just an experiment, social experiment. They are testing adaptation of human mind to quickly changing environment. The winner will get all icelandic exotic dancers and a ton of hakarl. Cool
Not any more. CCP has become a large part of Iceland's economy and they have a greater responsibility to the community around them than messing with a bunch of people online.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Avvy
Doomheim
#236 - 2016-02-15 12:38:00 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:
Teckos Pech wrote:
So when this guy is primaried and podded again and again just because....that will mean what?

Keep in mind this player has spent the equivalent of $30,000 to get his 1 character to maxe in everything, but he'll die again and again to a small gang of characters with 1/10th his SP.

Unless he gangs up he is going to be everyone's favorite target.



I don't know. Does he ever undock?

I don't mind him (or me if it was me) becoming New Eden's Most Wanted. That would be a kind of fun list to be on.



I doubt it was done as a playable character. I think it was done just because it could be.

I'd have done same if I had his kind of isk, just to prove a point. I'd been saying for sometime that I think there needed to be a hard cap to protect those high level sp characters. Without the hard cap I knew there was going to be some kind of ****storm.
Jenshae Chiroptera
#237 - 2016-02-15 12:42:34 UTC
Avvy wrote:
... Without the hard cap I knew there was going to be some kind of ****storm.
There would be anyway. Now that everything is for sale for RL $, CCP has lost all integrity.
First it was a hand, a kiss then a bit role play costumes but now anything anyone wants to pay for; they can have.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#238 - 2016-02-15 12:45:19 UTC
Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat
#239 - 2016-02-15 12:48:52 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Avvy wrote:
... Without the hard cap I knew there was going to be some kind of ****storm.
There would be anyway. Now that everything is for sale for RL $, CCP has lost all integrity.
First it was a hand, a kiss then a bit role play costumes but now anything anyone wants to pay for; they can have.


i cant buy a Polaris with 99% resists across the board for rl money though, that would be real p2w Roll

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Sexy Cakes
Have A Seat
#240 - 2016-02-15 12:50:45 UTC
So what? Kid's still awful in space.

Not today spaghetti.