These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Balancing bumping and looting mechanics

First post
Author
Bella Jennie
Doomheim
#1121 - 2016-02-06 16:44:26 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Bella Jennie wrote:

if I'm an ignorant, lazy, selfish liar; why do you even bother to engage me?

Because it amuses me to watch you flail around and making a fool of yourself.

Also, because I don't like lying. Some poor new player might come on here, see your nonsense, and not know any better. People like you are the true "griefers" in EVE Online, constantly lying to new players and trying to get them to bore themselves to death.

in other words, you just like to troll

well, troll on..

this game currently favors the DOUCHEBAGS

Mag's
Azn Empire
#1122 - 2016-02-06 16:44:44 UTC
bigbud skunkafella wrote:
Scipio Artelius wrote:
bigbud skunkafella wrote:
fleet engagement flag would have to be activated by the victim of the bumping for the umpteenth time, so the above scenario could only happen if the victim chose to engage,

You have never said that, let alone umpteen times.

my whole proposal for a fleet engagement type flag contained the proviso that it would be activated by the victim . please read my posts properly if you wish me to continue responding to your ahem, constructive criticisms.
OK so I read this and thought, did he really say this for the umpteenth time? So I thought, let's check.

Up until this post, bb talked mostly of MJD. But as you can see, that was his first talk of his flag idea. No mention of the pilot having to activate the flag.

Here he talks more about his idea and fleshes it out some. There is talk of activation, but not that the pilot will be doing it.

He quotes his idea again here.

In this post he talks again about getting a flag, but no mention of how it's activated.

Now this post is interesting. He does mention the following.
Quote:
...freighter pilot accepts fleet invo from ag fleet, then activates his limited engagement timer on machs, who immediately engage freighter as code logi warp in to rep machs and ag fleet engage machs...
He mentions activation of a limited timer, but it's not all that clear how it's activated.

Here he talks of his idea and a fleet engagement timer and not a limited one, but nothing about activation.

This post he tries to give more info regarding speeds etc and when a fleet flag would be awarded. No mention of activation.

At this point he talks of it being a 'limited fleet engagement'/'suspect timer. But again, no words on activation.

This post also talks of when a flag would be awarded, but not about it's activation.

Timers timers everywhere, but not an activation in sight.

He again talks about timers being awarded, but no clarity on activation.

Here he does mention when the timer activates on the bumper. Apparently when the freighter activates his warp drives. So not a manual activation?

And here he mentions activation, but not that's it's done manually.

Ahem.

So I do find his umpteenth time and read my posts properly statements, to be a little out of sorts with what he actually did post.
I believe he has me blocked, due to posting uncomfortable facts. So can someone explain his error and ask him to apologize to Scipio please.

Thank you kindly. Big smile

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Bella Jennie
Doomheim
#1123 - 2016-02-06 16:46:19 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Bella Jennie wrote:
.you think getting deeply into the definition of "CAREBEAR" serves the topic of this thread?
You suggested I would be open to being called a carebear, you obviously thought it served the topic of this thread.

You have my rebuttal to your suggestion.

Oh I see.. whatever I write, you feel compelled to respond? P

this game currently favors the DOUCHEBAGS

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#1124 - 2016-02-06 16:50:44 UTC
Bella Jennie wrote:
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Bella Jennie wrote:
.you think getting deeply into the definition of "CAREBEAR" serves the topic of this thread?
You suggested I would be open to being called a carebear, you obviously thought it served the topic of this thread.

You have my rebuttal to your suggestion.

Oh I see.. whatever I write, you feel compelled to respond? P
When a post is addressed to me personally, it is common courtesy to reply. You're apparently unaware of this, given your failure to reply to a multitude of posts that addressed you personally.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

ISD Decoy
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#1125 - 2016-02-06 16:56:23 UTC
I think I cleaned 8 pages of this thread last time. I'm not going to do it again.

The topic has been beaten to death and some feel the need to throw personal attacks at each other. Locked... forever...!

Quote:
2. Be respectful toward others at all times.

The purpose of the EVE Online forums is to provide a platform for exchange of ideas, and a venue for the discussion of EVE Online. Occasionally there will be conflicts that arise when people voice opinions. Forum users are expected to be courteous when disagreeing with others.

3. Ranting is prohibited.

A rant is a post that is often filled with angry and counterproductive comments. A free exchange of ideas is essential to building a strong sense of community and is helpful in development of the game and community. Rants are disruptive, and incite flaming and trolling. Please post your thoughts in a concise and clear manner while avoiding going off on rambling tangents.

4. Personal attacks are prohibited.

Commonly known as flaming, personal attacks are posts that are designed to personally berate or insult another forum user. Posts of this nature are not conductive to the community spirit that CCP promotes. As such, this kind of behavior will not be tolerated.

5. Trolling is prohibited.

Trolling is a defined as a post that is deliberately designed for the purpose of angering and insulting other players in an attempt to incite retaliation or an emotional response. Posts of this nature are disruptive, often abusive, and do not contribute to the sense of community that CCP promote.

6. Racism and discrimination are prohibited.

Racism, gender stereotyping, hate speech, and sexism are not permitted on the EVE Online Forums. Derogatory posting that includes race, religion or sexual preference based personal attacks and trolling can result in immediate suspension of forum posting privileges.

7. Discussion of real life religion and politics is prohibited.

Discussion of real life religion and politics is strictly prohibited on the EVE Online forums. Discussions of this nature often creates animosity between forum users due to real life political or military conflicts. CCP promotes the growth of a gaming community where equality is at the forefront. Nationalist, religious or political affiliations are not part of EVE Online, and should not be part of discussion on the EVE Online forums.

8. Use of profanity is prohibited.

The use of profanity is prohibited on the EVE Online forums. This includes the partial masking of letters using numbers or alternate symbols, and any attempts at bypassing the profanity filter.

ISD Decoy

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department