These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Upcoming Feature and Change Feedback Center

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[December] Remote Rep Tiericide and Falloff

First post First post
Author
Gen Mo'Kai
DKY Pharmaceuticals
#61 - 2015-11-27 10:10:03 UTC
When will the amount of armor/shield/hull repair be calculated?

For example: if I am in falloff and start cycling an remote armor repper, then move into optimal before the cycle is completed, will the amount of armor applied be determined when I started cycling the module, or when the armor actually applies at the end of the cycle?
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#62 - 2015-11-27 10:59:23 UTC
Gen Mo'Kai wrote:
When will the amount of armor/shield/hull repair be calculated?

For example: if I am in falloff and start cycling an remote armor repper, then move into optimal before the cycle is completed, will the amount of armor applied be determined when I started cycling the module, or when the armor actually applies at the end of the cycle?

Based on the fact you can start the cycle on someone it and they can then go out of range and it fail currently, I'd guess at the end, but good question.
Fossor Wintersky
Ordinus Ursorum Cautorum
#63 - 2015-11-27 11:31:21 UTC
Oh. lol.

Useless changes.

It's a time to delete characters and uninstall game. 'cause it's not a game already.
afkalt
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#64 - 2015-11-27 11:44:46 UTC
Fossor Wintersky wrote:
Oh. lol.

Useless changes.

It's a time to delete characters and uninstall game. 'cause it's not a game already.

Crack on then.
Dantelion Shinoni
SQUIDS.
#65 - 2015-11-27 12:22:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Dantelion Shinoni
Torgeir Hekard wrote:
Xe'Cara'eos wrote:

I'm seeing this as an indirect nerf to small gangs......

I'm seeing this as a rather direct nerf to small gangs because Le Blob doesn't care about long cycles because with 100500 logis you are already staggering reps by virtue of human factor, because blob logi fits are largely unaffected (5-1 basi is exactly the same as it was), because who cares about 80% rep efficiency when you have 300% overrep, but now you can rep up that drooling moron that MJDed in the middle of the enemy fleet with a couple dozen logi of yours.

Small gangs will adapt. Plus it's probably too late to add something that would help curb blob-overrepping since those are due pretty soon.

I would like to see more emphasis on making target switching more powerful by increasing the rep cycles even more, maybe go 30%, 75% slower for armor and shield reps. Might be a tad extreme though.
Khan Wrenth
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#66 - 2015-11-27 12:35:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Khan Wrenth
Dantelion Shinoni wrote:
Small gangs will adapt. Plus it's probably too late to add something that would help curb blob-overrepping since those are due pretty soon.

I would like to see more emphasis on making target switching more powerful by increasing the rep cycles even more, maybe go 30%, 75% slower for armor and shield reps. Might be a tad extreme though.

I had a proposal that, in my opinion, nerfed the power of large blobs while mostly leaving small gang alone. https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=449157 The single paragraph that starts with "The basics" boils down the proposal and explains the premise.

On another note, I find it kind of odd that an announcement about major shift to mechanics that play such a large role in this game is spelled out mere days before the change. More minor parts of the game get more forewarning on the forums and more time for testing on Sisi.
Thercon Jair
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#67 - 2015-11-27 13:28:24 UTC
I am not 100% certain yet, but the changes seem to widen the gap between cap transfer and non-cap transfer logistics.

Range on cap transfers between logistics never was an issue, and cap transfer based builds could use non-cap recharge utilised slots to increase other stats, lock range, speed, sensor strength, while cap recharge based logistics will have bigger issues staying cap stable while trying to approach the tank and utility of the transfer logistics.
Daichi Yamato
Jabbersnarks and Wonderglass
#68 - 2015-11-27 13:30:41 UTC
Which is where the advantage in quick release cycle lies. If they feel they need to hold the changes till a later date they can, or if the changes are released and break the game we dont have to wait long for a balance pass.

I was hoping for more of a nerf to cruiser logi ranges

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

Lugh Crow-Slave
#69 - 2015-11-27 13:43:22 UTC
It's a bit backwards that shield will be cycling slower than armor why are we flipping this fir RR. If it's because shield reps at the start then that makes no seance as you still have to run a full cycle before swapping
M1k3y Koontz
Speaker for the Dead
Stay Feral
#70 - 2015-11-27 14:05:16 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
It's a bit backwards that shield will be cycling slower than armor why are we flipping this fir RR. If it's because shield reps at the start then that makes no seance as you still have to run a full cycle before swapping

*sense

And if we think about shield reps needing to "recharge" before the next cycle then it makes sense having to fully cycle before boosting again.

How much herp could a herp derp derp if a herp derp could herp derp.

Sof0s
Parental Control
Didn't want that Sov anyway.
#71 - 2015-11-27 14:09:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Sof0s
I dont like the range change its bad for the game having support ships able to rep at such extreme ranges even with 20% rep power cause enemy fleets cant usually fire at enemies at 80~90Km+ unless they are in sniper doctrine .
Longer cycles makes fleets prefer armor logi setups instead of shields thats not good also .
But i am sure CCP will fix it 3 or 4 years from now .
biz Antollare
The Graduates
The Initiative.
#72 - 2015-11-27 14:19:04 UTC
Logi wasnt broken.

Fozzie go find something better to do instead of "fixing" things that dont need to be fixed.
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#73 - 2015-11-27 14:31:28 UTC
Arrendis wrote:
Tethys Luxor wrote:
Logi V is a now an even more powerful skill.

As opposed to being the 'if you don't have it, fly the T1 support cruiser' skill it's been for any serious logi-work?

Before T1 cruiser change it was even "better" with Logi V or go DPS bro...
Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#74 - 2015-11-27 14:33:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Harvey James
shouldn't large reps have a slower cycle time than mediums? and then cap reps longer than larges

T3's need to be versatile so no rigs are necessary ... they should not have OP dps and tank

ABC's should be T2, remove drone assist, separate HAM's and Torps range, -3 HS for droneboats

Nerf web strength, Make the blaster Eagle worth using

Thercon Jair
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#75 - 2015-11-27 14:42:59 UTC
Harvey James wrote:
shouldn't large reps have a slower cycle time than mediums?

I'd be actually more in favour of ballancing cruiser sized logis around medium remote reps and medium remote cap transfers and then introducing a BS sized logistics platform utilising large reps and cap transfers, and add a signature resolution/explosion radius-like attribute that corresponds to the size (but don't mess up minmatar ships receiving less reps because they're usually a bit smaller than the turret resolution of the size).

It's strange that frigates use small, cruisers use large, and cruisers are used for cruiser and up fleets.
Anzsi
V0LTA
WE FORM V0LTA
#76 - 2015-11-27 15:17:08 UTC
hahaa ccp taked something for my idea :)

I like this logi-changes.

my post earlier this year: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=5884010
Lugh Crow-Slave
#77 - 2015-11-27 15:48:44 UTC
why is it armor reps will also be repping more hp/s?
Arrendis
TK Corp
#78 - 2015-11-27 16:18:12 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
why is it armor reps will also be repping more hp/s?

Probably the same reason they have a longer optimal: they land at the end of the cycle. Shield reps land the moment the module activates, so you make them suffer a bit for their speed, and increase the differentiation between the two types of fleet.
Pic'n dor
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#79 - 2015-11-27 17:24:50 UTC
longer cycle time + more cap usage == big nerf on logi

nerf nerf nerf nerf

COUCOU TOUCHE TOUCHE

Skyler Hawk
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#80 - 2015-11-27 17:50:48 UTC
Since you're rebalancing remote rep modules anyway, wouldn't it make sense to introduce faction and deadspace large remote armor reps and shield boosters to complement the existing mediums and smalls?