These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New dev blog: The Genolution CA-2 implant is yours to redeem

First post
Author
Krathos Morpheus
Legion Infernal
#81 - 2011-12-12 21:45:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Krathos Morpheus
Andski wrote:
Take anything other than the remap and you're literally Hitler
Use a dictionary. Or look here if you don't know how to use that either.
Anna Lynne Larson
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#82 - 2011-12-12 21:57:28 UTC
CCP Hekatonkheires wrote:
Aleksey Diaklov wrote:
Anna Lynne Larson wrote:
Oh, question. Is the FUel Block blueprint option fuel block BPO'S or BPC's? Because I was operating on the assumption that they were BPO's and if they aren't, I'd like my choice back so I can choose something else

I second this question.
Are the Fuel Block Blueprints BPOs or BPCs?

Checking now, will post back shortly.

BPO's according to Greyscale.

Thank you for your response.
Andski
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#83 - 2011-12-12 22:06:48 UTC
Krathos Morpheus wrote:
Andski wrote:

i am well aware of the proper use of the word "literally," thank you!

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Cameron Zero
Sebiestor Tribe
#84 - 2011-12-12 22:14:38 UTC
Andski wrote:
Krathos Morpheus wrote:
Andski wrote:

i am well aware of the proper use of the word "literally," thank you!

I LITERALLY laughed out loud.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. …"

Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#85 - 2011-12-12 22:15:49 UTC
Sooo, 2,000 Aurum? That would make 7,500, added to the 5,500 i already got and didn't used so far (15,000, if we consider my 2 accounts).

"Why, oh why, Ms. Fazmarai is not using all that Aur, when she's all that concerned about Barbies in Space?"

I am glad that you asked. i am not using them because the NEx items that interest me most are not available anywhere, just are placeholders in the TQ market and universally seeded elements at Sisi. Also, as a matter of principle, I feel opposed to wearing some shoes worth as much as a Battleship (and anyway i bought them with a 80% slack at Jita).

I didn't did the maths, but probably all gifts are worth the same (well, that Quafe stuff is cheaper than evrything), but this Aurum gift is a dilemma. Shall I take it to prove we bloody are interested in it? Or shall i pass to show we're not going to buy the NEx as long as the prices are insane?

(Not to mention the bothersome silence being kept about this matter)

Probably will wait untl next week...

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#86 - 2011-12-12 22:20:17 UTC
AkJon Ferguson wrote:
FFS stop reissuing unique items, CCP.

They just keep doing it don't they? ...yet a ship that NO ONE has, the Gold Magnate, gets no re-issue. Hay CCP... I think you should give everyone in the game a Gold Magnate. Just for fun... THAT would be a sweet gift. As it is, I'm torn between more Zepyrs and the Aurum so I can buy more goggles.

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Atmega
Men in space
#87 - 2011-12-12 22:32:30 UTC
Thanks for implant and remap, lovely gift (no joke)
Keatro
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#88 - 2011-12-12 22:35:16 UTC
Is there any way we can get our aurum transfered to our main from our alts? I'd get the aurum if i could get it all + my old aurum transfered to my account to buy a monocle, my asshat factor will go through the roof!
Maul555
Xen Investments
#89 - 2011-12-12 22:45:29 UTC
Keatro wrote:
Is there any way we can get our aurum transfered to our main from our alts? I'd get the aurum if i could get it all + my old aurum transfered to my account to buy a monocle, my asshat factor will go through the roof!

this +1billion

Why cant we transfer arum like we can isk and plex? The aurum I have saved up on my combined accounts would become useful if I could pool it into 1 or 2 characters.
Gothiczwerg
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#90 - 2011-12-12 22:45:33 UTC
what about mining gifts? 50 T2 mining crystals for each ore.... or special ice mining crystals (12) or a hulk P
Mashie Saldana
V0LTA
WE FORM V0LTA
#91 - 2011-12-12 22:48:32 UTC
bruggie wrote:
I see one of the gifts is an attribute remap... obvious questions:
1) for those of us that still have one will it add so you have 2?
2)For those of us that would get one in say a few months from now because the year after using their last one would be over, will they get that one as well? so they also have 2 remaps at that point in time? Or does it turn into an early remap possibility and the year starts counting again from using the gifted one for that char?

Let me ask the Elves (QA) Team in the Icelandic AM. I believe it is simple +1, but would prefer to confirm it.

Would definitely want to know how option two will work regarding resetting current countown. It would be perfect to get a remap with the countdown remaining the same
Hao Wu
Mercurialis Inc.
Goonswarm Federation
#92 - 2011-12-12 23:53:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Hao Wu
Morwen Lagann wrote:
bruggie wrote:
2)For those of us that would get one in say a few months from now because the year after using their last one would be over, will they get that one as well? so they also have 2 remaps at that point in time? Or does it turn into an early remap possibility and the year starts counting again from using the gifted one for that char?

Let me ask the Elves (QA) Team in the Icelandic AM. I believe it is simple +1, but would prefer to confirm it.

Yeah, I'd like to know the answer here too, considering I and many other people got ****** over when learning skills were removed by item #2 there. Despite being told we were going to get "an additional" remap.

+1

We don't mind if CCP you screw everyone over equitably, but penalising a random section of players based on when they remapped... that doesn't cut it thanks

But nice idea for holiday gifts this year, good job CCP Lol
Adrenalinemax
Lap Dancers
Brothers of Tangra
#93 - 2011-12-13 00:04:27 UTC
Marlona Sky wrote:
Nex apparatu5 wrote:
If you're not taking the remap, you're wrong.

My thoughts exactly.

I already have 3 remaps, 100mil SP and one of the old characters with 15 charisma and if I remap, I have to move it back up to current levels and lose out on the ability to ever shift those points again.
Ottersmacker
Genos Occidere
TRUTH. HONOUR. LIGHT.
#94 - 2011-12-13 00:07:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Ottersmacker
Thanks CCP, the gift selection you have given us is really nice. There is great variety and most of the options seem fairly balanced in value.

For myself, the neural surgery option is a no-brainer (and thus a very bad pun). I hope it will be fair for everyone that selects it in the sense the remap timer is not reset with the +1. Surely the redeeming system can be used for this somehow (none-tradeable token? idk).

i just locked an open door.. strange, yet symbolically compelling.

Spugg Galdon
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#95 - 2011-12-13 00:25:23 UTC
I don't understand why the remap is FOTM. What am I missing? I already have all the skills I want and I am literally running out of things to train now. Please enlighten me
DJB16
DJB Alpha
#96 - 2011-12-13 00:32:27 UTC
ok remap option
my next remap is on the 11th of january

how long can i keep the remap in the redeemable items?

if i cant keep it in redeemables untill after my current waiting timer will it just give me my remap 15 days sooner or will u really do a +1 to my number of remaps while keeping my current timer?

i would like the answer asap coz if it goes the stupid way and just giving me my remap few days in advance ill say fk it and get the 1000 fuel blocks for each race POS towers like my mates 10+ accounts is doing
Lone Gunman
Forhotea Corporation
#97 - 2011-12-13 00:33:21 UTC
Spugg Galdon wrote:
I don't understand why the remap is FOTM. What am I missing? I already have all the skills I want and I am literally running out of things to train now. Please enlighten me

Skills and Skill points increase your characters resale value, if not bragging rites.
Warzon3
Perkone
Caldari State
#98 - 2011-12-13 00:49:00 UTC
Lone Gunman wrote:
Spugg Galdon wrote:

Skills and Skill points increase your characters resale value, if not bragging rites.

well I want to have more remaps cause if I ever want to sell my char I think any buyer would love to have 3 remaps (hopefully 4 remaps soon) it might not seem much but I think it will increase the sales value
Hikaru Kuroda
Extheria
#99 - 2011-12-13 00:53:30 UTC
Hao Wu wrote:
Morwen Lagann wrote:
bruggie wrote:

Yeah, I'd like to know the answer here too, considering I and many other people got ****** over when learning skills were removed by item #2 there. Despite being told we were going to get "an additional" remap.

+1

We don't mind if CCP you screw everyone over equitably, but penalising a random section of players based on when they remapped... that doesn't cut it thanks

But nice idea for holiday gifts this year, good job CCP Lol

I'm in the same situation. I'll have a remap available in next January and would like to know if the countdown won't restart if I choose it.
Ekrund
BREACH INC.
#100 - 2011-12-13 02:23:09 UTC
bruggie wrote:
^^ This. Lots of people asking about the remap I want to know as well. I have no remaps left, but one due to be available soon. If I take the remap gift, I then have a remap available. Will I go to 2 available remaps when my 12 month period expires?