These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

New dev blog: The Genolution CA-2 implant is yours to redeem

First post
Author
Il Feytid
State War Academy
Caldari State
#41 - 2011-12-12 19:11:39 UTC
Nex apparatu5 wrote:
If you're not taking the remap, you're wrong.


My thoughts exactly.
Mioelnir
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#42 - 2011-12-12 19:14:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Mioelnir
Is the remap for every character on the account? Only for one?

If for one, can I choose for which one or will it be like with the FreeSP/Aurum that it is auto-decided based on some voodoo metric?
If the later, can we petition to move the remap to a different character?

[Edit]
Or is it maybe a tradeable ingame-item that gives the remap on use?
Maxwell Albritten
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#43 - 2011-12-12 19:19:03 UTC
Mioelnir wrote:
Is the remap for every character on the account? Only for one?

If for one, can I choose for which one or will it be like with the FreeSP/Aurum that it is auto-decided based on some voodoo metric?
If the later, can we petition to move the remap to a different character?


I'm guessing you'll redeem it the way you do any other gift. You select the character you want it on, then redeem the gift via present icon.
CCP Hekatonkheires
C C P
C C P Alliance
#44 - 2011-12-12 19:24:23 UTC
Aleksey Diaklov wrote:
Anna Lynne Larson wrote:
Oh, question. Is the FUel Block blueprint option fuel block BPO'S or BPC's? Because I was operating on the assumption that they were BPO's and if they aren't, I'd like my choice back so I can choose something else

I second this question.
Are the Fuel Block Blueprints BPOs or BPCs?


Checking now, will post back shortly.
Altarica
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#45 - 2011-12-12 19:24:55 UTC
CCP Hekatonkheires wrote:
bruggie wrote:
I see one of the gifts is an attribute remap... obvious questions:
1) for those of us that still have one will it add so you have 2?
2)For those of us that would get one in say a few months from now because the year after using their last one would be over, will they get that one as well? so they also have 2 remaps at that point in time? Or does it turn into an early remap possibility and the year starts counting again from using the gifted one for that char?


Let me ask the Elves (QA) Team in the Icelandic AM. I believe it is simple +1, but would prefer to confirm it.


Please, exact confirmation on how this gift remap works will save your GM's a lot of time later in the month when people start to petition that it has not worked how they imagine it was going to.

The two major questions are

1) if you can currently remap your character's stats will this give you an extra remap so that you can (if you want to) remap twice in a day

2) if you canNOT currently remap will this simply reset the counter so that you can remap early (this is how the remaps worked when the learning skills were removed)

CCP Hekatonkheires
C C P
C C P Alliance
#46 - 2011-12-12 19:32:20 UTC
CCP Hekatonkheires wrote:
Aleksey Diaklov wrote:
Anna Lynne Larson wrote:
Oh, question. Is the FUel Block blueprint option fuel block BPO'S or BPC's? Because I was operating on the assumption that they were BPO's and if they aren't, I'd like my choice back so I can choose something else

I second this question.
Are the Fuel Block Blueprints BPOs or BPCs?


Checking now, will post back shortly.


BPO's according to Greyscale.
Akita T
Caldari Navy Volunteer Task Force
#47 - 2011-12-12 19:34:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Akita T
Question : for the "Neural Surgery" Holiday Gift option (description "Attribute Remap"), does that mean "+1 to existing free remaps" to the highest SP character or does it mean something else ?

I ask this because I already have 3 free remaps stockpiled and would love to get 4, but would hate it if for some reason I'd actually be getting something else instead (not sure what else could it be, but still, doesn't hurt to ask) or in my case, get nothing at all, or worse, get my free remaps reset to 2 or worse, 1.
gargars
Willco Inc.
#48 - 2011-12-12 19:38:01 UTC
First off CCP thank you - giving us a choice of gifts is stellar.

A corp mate going on vacation soon for the holidays asks a question:

If someone is offline before the 22nd of December and not back until mid-January, will they still be able to get a gift? Meaning if they pick now will the item be put into their hangar or do they lose it or?

(You might want to have the answer to this put into the blog as am guessing it will come up over and over with so many going on holiday).

Again thanks!
Daneel Trevize
Give my 11percent back
#49 - 2011-12-12 19:38:28 UTC
Altarica wrote:
2) if you canNOT currently remap will this simply reset the counter so that you can remap early (this is how the remaps worked when the learning skills were removed)
And it was ****, and there was rage...
ITTigerClawIK
Galactic Rangers
#50 - 2011-12-12 19:49:11 UTC
just curious but why is the Large Imperial Navy set only 5 crystals? i dont know any Amarr BS's that only use 5 lasers apart from the Paladin but not everyone owns one of those now, can we get that amount incrased to 8 at the very least?
Maxwell Albritten
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#51 - 2011-12-12 19:50:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Maxwell Albritten
ITTigerClawIK wrote:
just curious but why is the Large Imperial Navy set only 5 crystals? i dont know any Amarr BS's that only use 5 lasers apart from the Paladin but not everyone owns one of those now, can we get that amount incrased to 8 at the very least?

I imagine to keep it all equal isk wise. There was probably an limit they set for max isk in goods they wanted to give out. I haven't crunched the numbers, but I imagine there is a fair balance between all of them in terms of isk.

And if you're upset that it's at 5...then don't get that one? There's a reason you're given a choice. Why is everyone's default reaction always set to whine?
Jack Dant
The Gentlemen of Low Moral Fibre
#52 - 2011-12-12 19:55:24 UTC
Mioelnir wrote:
Is the remap for every character on the account? Only for one?

If for one, can I choose for which one or will it be like with the FreeSP/Aurum that it is auto-decided based on some voodoo metric?
If the later, can we petition to move the remap to a different character?

[Edit]
Or is it maybe a tradeable ingame-item that gives the remap on use?

Asking all of this.

If it gets applied as all the previous +1 remaps, it will be useless to people who have a remap coming, and very useful to those who have stockpiled extra ones.

What happens in lowsec, stays in lowsec, lowering the barrier to entry to lowsec PVP: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=476644&#post476644

ITTigerClawIK
Galactic Rangers
#53 - 2011-12-12 19:55:54 UTC
Maxwell Albritten wrote:
ITTigerClawIK wrote:
just curious but why is the Large Imperial Navy set only 5 crystals? i dont know any Amarr BS's that only use 5 lasers apart from the Paladin but not everyone owns one of those now, can we get that amount incrased to 8 at the very least?

I imagine to keep it all equal isk wise. There was probably an limit they set for max isk in goods they wanted to give out. I haven't crunched the numbers, but I imagine there is a fair balance between all of them in terms of isk.

And if you're upset that it's at 5...then don't get that one? There's a reason you're given a choice. Why is everyone's default reaction always set to whine?


wasnt whineing just thouhgt it was odd that there was a fair amount of munition for a full rack of guns in all the other packs apart from this one
ITTigerClawIK
Galactic Rangers
#54 - 2011-12-12 19:57:47 UTC
Maxwell Albritten wrote:
ITTigerClawIK wrote:
just curious but why is the Large Imperial Navy set only 5 crystals? i dont know any Amarr BS's that only use 5 lasers apart from the Paladin but not everyone owns one of those now, can we get that amount incrased to 8 at the very least?

I imagine to keep it all equal isk wise. There was probably an limit they set for max isk in goods they wanted to give out. I haven't crunched the numbers, but I imagine there is a fair balance between all of them in terms of isk.

And if you're upset that it's at 5...then don't get that one? There's a reason you're given a choice. Why is everyone's default reaction always set to whine?


wasnt whineing just thouhgt it was odd that there was a fair amount of munition for a full rack of guns in all the other packs apart from this one. other than that the rest of the packs look brilliant.
ITTigerClawIK
Galactic Rangers
#55 - 2011-12-12 19:58:02 UTC  |  Edited by: ITTigerClawIK
ok dunno what happend with tripple post there O_o but im not supprised tbh with these forums.
Mioelnir
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#56 - 2011-12-12 20:03:44 UTC
ITTigerClawIK wrote:
Maxwell Albritten wrote:
ITTigerClawIK wrote:
just curious but why is the Large Imperial Navy set only 5 crystals? i dont know any Amarr BS's that only use 5 lasers apart from the Paladin but not everyone owns one of those now, can we get that amount incrased to 8 at the very least?

I imagine to keep it all equal isk wise. There was probably an limit they set for max isk in goods they wanted to give out. I haven't crunched the numbers, but I imagine there is a fair balance between all of them in terms of isk.

And if you're upset that it's at 5...then don't get that one? There's a reason you're given a choice. Why is everyone's default reaction always set to whine?


wasnt whineing just thouhgt it was odd that there was a fair amount of munition for a full rack of guns in all the other packs apart from this one

I don't fly a single amarrian ship, but I think it was 1000 shots per lense for faction and 2000 for t2 at average damage levels.

So 5 lenses (5000 activations) fit just fine with the 5000 round stacks.
Akrasjel Lanate
Lanate Industries
#57 - 2011-12-12 20:06:20 UTC
CCP Guard wrote:
CCP Hekatonkheires has a new dev blog where he tells you about the second implant in the holiday implant set, made available today.

Read his blog here and remember to give us any feedback you might have.

Why you make it so hard.
I don't know which Holiday Gift to choose ShockedWhat?

CEO of Lanate Industries

Citizen of Solitude

Akita T
Caldari Navy Volunteer Task Force
#58 - 2011-12-12 20:09:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Akita T
Well, a navy crystal lasts for exactly 4000 shots (100% chance of 0.00025 damage if memory serves right - erroneously and roundedly displayed as "1% volatility, 0.00 HP damage" in-game ) as opposed to the (on average) 1000 shots of a T2 crystal (10% chance of 0.01 damage), so the 5 large crystals of each type you get are good for a total of 20k shots for each size class, so when you compare it to the mere 2500 you're getting for the rest of the ammo, even a single imperial crystal looks like a better deal.

Yup, look at the wiki:
http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Imperial_Navy_Multifrequency_L vs http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Aurora_L
Volatility Damage 0.00025 HP for the navy, 0.01 HP for the T2.
Displayed rounded to 0.00 in-game for the navy one.
Also, "volatility 1%" actually means 100%. And 0.1% actually means 10%. It's an old thing, but that's how it is.
Trainwreck McGee
Doomheim
#59 - 2011-12-12 20:14:24 UTC
wow good gifts this year. CCP is leeeaaarrrnniinnnggg. seriously though awesome.

CCP Trainwreck - Weekend Custodial Engineer / CCP Necrogoats foot stool

electrostatus
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#60 - 2011-12-12 20:16:33 UTC
Wait, do we choose one of the following 23 options, or one from each of the subsections? I.E. one from 'I am the Destroyer', one from 'Survival Rations' and so on?

Asteroid Timer: Know exactly when that roid depletes! PI Profit Calculator: calculates your profits and taxes of any PI product depending on how you built them!