These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Upcoming Feature and Change Feedback Center

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[December] Missile Disruptors and Tweaks to Missile Guidance Mods

First post First post
Author
Samaz Ralan
Doomheim
#441 - 2015-11-21 20:02:29 UTC
It seems logical that the Gallente Ewar ships would get a bonus to Missile Disruption... does ecm turn off a gallente ship's drones?
d0cTeR9
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#442 - 2015-11-21 21:27:19 UTC
Yay... now the lowest dps weapon in the game can do even less damage! Lol

Been around since the beginning.

Queotzcatl
RENEGADES YIY HEKATEK
#443 - 2015-11-22 15:21:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Queotzcatl
I think we much need T2 F.O.F. . at this point.. a type uneffected by all sorts of disruption.

AND make at least some missile ships undisruptable. I am thinking about MORDU's especially.
Don't forget missiles are SMART in reality.
I'm against this TD missile module. What about Drones then?
Kill velocity of a missile is going to hurt so bad a missile ship effectiveness that is almost baerely hitting small *and FAST targets, it will kill it definitely.
Rethink the whole please, kill flight time is one thing, velocity is another...
and nerf the numbers to a more bearable percentage, we just got sniping capabilities back, what about sleepers, will they fit those as well? I am worried of implications.

For defence missiles what about anti-drones F.o.F?

Maybe change Defence missiles to Flares, that would reduce explosion velocity...
and give up the TD module, for the jackdow sake and all of PVE.
Take us out F.O.F range and there will be mass upsets all around...
Queotzcatl
RENEGADES YIY HEKATEK
#444 - 2015-11-22 15:41:38 UTC
Samaz Ralan wrote:
It seems logical that the Gallente Ewar ships would get a bonus to Missile Disruption... does ecm turn off a gallente ship's drones?

Drones can be set to Aggressive... why Caldari dont get some smart anti/drone F.o.F. instead?
Shalashaska Adam
Snakes and Lasers
#445 - 2015-11-22 20:48:26 UTC
What are the full stats for these new modules?

That info being released before December?
Tyranis Marcus
Bloody Heathens
#446 - 2015-11-23 22:21:27 UTC
So some sort of drone telemetry disruptors are next, right?

We have omnidirectional tracking enhancers and omnidirectional tracking links. (low and midslot items)

We need a counter. Probably more-so than we needed a counter for missiles.

Do not run. We are your friends.

Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#447 - 2015-11-24 03:00:30 UTC
Tyranis Marcus wrote:
So some sort of drone telemetry disruptors are next, right?

I remember a few months back there were tweets and such that hinted it was an upcoming thing. Haven't heard of it since unfortunately.
Mike Whiite
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#448 - 2015-11-24 14:56:13 UTC
is any of this on the test server yet, or can we except the same, glorious devotion to testing and tweaking as the missile guidance modules?

Trinkets friend
Sudden Buggery
Sending Thots And Players
#449 - 2015-11-26 14:45:12 UTC
Just going to go ahead and say, before MD's go live, this is a stupid idea and CCP Larrikin should be ashamed. Bad Aussie. Bad.
afkalt
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#450 - 2015-11-26 15:03:37 UTC
Trinkets friend wrote:
Just going to go ahead and say, before MD's go live, this is a stupid idea and CCP Larrikin should be ashamed. Bad Aussie. Bad.

No no no.

It's right an proper that there are more counters to missiles than guns, that they do less paper and applied DPS. Or something.
Queotzcatl
RENEGADES YIY HEKATEK
#451 - 2015-11-27 23:25:20 UTC
Remember is already quite a pain have to kill some stupidly fast warp disruption drones while Ecm'd and only thing you got is some stupid F.O.F. missiles, now add to that dwarfed missiles velocity and flight time kill... eventually could they go backwards???

It could be ok but at least Buff all of missiles velocity altogether...
....just my opinion..
Wanda Fayne
#452 - 2015-11-27 23:40:00 UTC
We get the remote missile tracking module at the time of the missile disruptor release too*

*I'm just going to assume this is true.

"your comments just confirms this whole idea is totally pathetic" -Lan Wang-

• - "hub humping station gamey neutral logi warspam wankery" -Ralph King-Griffin-
Chan'aar
State War Academy
Caldari State
#453 - 2015-11-28 18:08:17 UTC
Chance Ravinne wrote:
I am concerned that missiles could take too large of a hit here, in addition to some application losses from the Aegis stacking penalty introduction. I'd love to see base application stats looked at even if it means nerfing say bombers to compensate for increased torpedo viability.

This, missile application needs to be looked at across all sizes.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#454 - 2015-11-28 18:14:02 UTC
Wanda Fayne wrote:
We get the remote missile tracking module at the time of the missile disruptor release too*

Right... Roll

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Bloody Ozran
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#455 - 2015-11-28 21:05:35 UTC
As a new guy I feel kinda weird about this, ecm affects all, though you need a specific item to use it for full effect, but damps on maulus I fly often is just so strong, works on anything, even logistic ships. But as I want to fly amarr I felt that crucifier is just not as good, then I heard about missile disruption and I was like yay \o/, it won't be that weird to bring it in a fleet if I dont know what we will fight, but meh, it will.

Why is it that damps are so strong, webs and painters also work on all, but amarr t1 ewar frig doesnt get real love here, by adding another item I need to fit instead of a script as some people suggest. It would be still weaker compared to damps, but I could finally fly it without feeling useless when missile ships appear. Total balance is impossible, but at least getting closer is a good goal and imo the script version of this idea would be getting closer to balanced ewar options.

Now, and even after, it is just maulus all the way over crucifier. :(
FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#456 - 2015-11-28 22:26:39 UTC
Wanda Fayne wrote:

LOL

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#457 - 2015-11-29 01:03:20 UTC
Bloody Ozran wrote:
As a new guy I feel kinda weird about this, ecm affects all..

... I stopped reading right there.

Let me explain what an ECM module does, it insta-pops all ships at activation, disbands all alliances, captures all stations, kills all gates and crushes all wormhole connections.

By using one of them you become invulnarable for the whole duration, all supercap are being destroyed, all wallets are emptied and the market erased.
All buy orders are cancled and all sell order are cancled. All assests you have will be deleted and everyone has to start over with an Ibis.

Good luck!

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#458 - 2015-11-29 01:12:09 UTC
Wanda Fayne wrote:

I wish. That's what's really missing in all these changes.
Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#459 - 2015-11-29 01:15:13 UTC
Bloody Ozran wrote:
As a new guy I feel kinda weird about this, ecm affects all, though you need a specific item to use it for full effect, but damps on maulus I fly often is just so strong, works on anything, even logistic ships. But as I want to fly amarr I felt that crucifier is just not as good, then I heard about missile disruption and I was like yay \o/, it won't be that weird to bring it in a fleet if I dont know what we will fight, but meh, it will.

Why is it that damps are so strong, webs and painters also work on all, but amarr t1 ewar frig doesnt get real love here, by adding another item I need to fit instead of a script as some people suggest. It would be still weaker compared to damps, but I could finally fly it without feeling useless when missile ships appear. Total balance is impossible, but at least getting closer is a good goal and imo the script version of this idea would be getting closer to balanced ewar options.

Now, and even after, it is just maulus all the way over crucifier. :(

The thing about damps is that their dependence on a static battlefield. If someone is already close and locked on a target, a damp does nothing.

the ways to maneuver around the negative bonus are easy to do, but the power is in forcing a choice for the pilots being damped.
Otso Bakarti
Doomheim
#460 - 2015-11-29 12:46:49 UTC
Steve Ronuken wrote:
Kiki Abraxas wrote:
why not fix things that are broken such as sov mechanics :) and then go back to adding new ****

Sometimes I think that people just don't understand that not all development is created equal.
Some times I think that people don't realize the impact of not having unlimited personnel and funding, as well as the natural fact of the 24-hour day. Also, it seems the adage "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" is lost on some people.

There just isn't anything that can be said!