These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Let me tell you why people are killing highsec miners. A manifesto.

First post
Author
Nikola Aivoras
Mercantilist Corporation of New Eden
#21 - 2011-12-02 03:22:10 UTC
Ethzera wrote:
An interesting read which succeeded in changing my opinion of high sec miners.

Though this entire thread is going to be just people commenting on the sheer number of words, as if they've never read a book before in their life.

What, you believe the fantastic drivel this man has come up with?

I suppose you believe the people who tell you the grass is purple, even though you see that it is clearly green?

He has cited nothing. Everything in this thread is speculation based on speculation.
Krios Ahzek
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#22 - 2011-12-02 03:24:55 UTC
''Brevity is the soul of wit''- Some dead guy who isn't really relevant to discussions about space miners and the killing thereof

Seriously I'm pretty sure I read something that would resemble the executive summary of this very large post somewhere on one of the many suicide ganking/propaganda/ice interdiction threads of the last few months. It was really unnecessary.

Though All Men Do Despise Us

Ethzera
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2011-12-02 03:26:23 UTC
Nikola Aivoras wrote:
I suppose you believe the people who tell you the grass is purple, even though you see that it is clearly green?

At least I have the capacity to accept that things may not be as they seem. Just because you see green grass doesn't mean it's truly green, or that it's even really there. But this is a philosophical discussion for another time.
Du'Kar
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#24 - 2011-12-02 03:28:10 UTC
Read it all while afk mining three accounts in hi sec....got any more reading material? Big smile
Du'Kar
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#25 - 2011-12-02 03:29:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Du'Kar
double post
Nikola Aivoras
Mercantilist Corporation of New Eden
#26 - 2011-12-02 03:30:19 UTC
Ethzera wrote:
Nikola Aivoras wrote:

At least I have the capacity to accept that things may not be as they seem. Just because you see green grass doesn't mean it's truly green, or that it's even really there. But this is a philosophical discussion for another time.

Spare me the new-age philosophical crap. It's a way for relativists to justify their actions when they can't find a reason in the real world. After all, the world is really an illusion, right?
Tenchi Sal
White Knights of Equestria
#27 - 2011-12-02 03:30:53 UTC
This is your brain... This is your brain on drugs... any questions?
Mara Tessidar
Perkone
Caldari State
#28 - 2011-12-02 03:32:07 UTC
I love Mittens, no homo
SmashTech
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#29 - 2011-12-02 03:33:01 UTC
Mara Tessidar wrote:
I love Mittens, no homo

I love mittens, all the homo
Russell Casey
Doomheim
#30 - 2011-12-02 03:33:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Russell Casey
Mara Tessidar wrote:
I love Mittens, no homo

But you're a girl.

Wait? Does that mean he's really a chick?Shocked
Jonni Favorite
Red Slice Enterprise
#31 - 2011-12-02 03:35:30 UTC
It's time for miner strikes Test Department style: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xgrkFOAF0Y
Mara Tessidar
Perkone
Caldari State
#32 - 2011-12-02 03:35:47 UTC
I was merely making a factual statement, twit.
Grozdan Boyadijev
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#33 - 2011-12-02 03:37:44 UTC
Obvious karttoon alt, but a good read.

8/10 quality points given.
XIRUSPHERE
In Bacon We Trust
#34 - 2011-12-02 03:40:51 UTC
Reads like it was written from a small wood cabin in remote Montana Lol

The advantage of a bad memory is that one can enjoy the same good things for the first time several times.

One will rarely err if extreme actions be ascribed to vanity, ordinary actions to habit, and mean actions to fear.

Dradius Calvantia
Lip Shords
#35 - 2011-12-02 03:41:11 UTC
+1 person who actually read all of that.

I have to say, good read. It is these sort of characters that give EVE the depth that it has. I am glad that there are still people around willing to put this much thought into the game.

Zions Child
Higashikata Industries
#36 - 2011-12-02 03:42:34 UTC
What in god name is this?
Shivus Tao
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#37 - 2011-12-02 03:44:05 UTC
Nikola Aivoras wrote:
Ethzera wrote:
Nikola Aivoras wrote:

Spare me the new-age philosophical crap. It's a way for relativists to justify their actions when they can't find a reason in the real world. After all, the world is really an illusion, right?

I love you.

Relativism is a plague that should have been eradicated at its source.
Handsome Hussein
#38 - 2011-12-02 03:45:29 UTC
Quality post, would read again. And again.

Leaves only the fresh scent of pine.

non judgement
Without Fear
Flying Burning Ships Alliance
#39 - 2011-12-02 03:46:16 UTC  |  Edited by: non judgement
Someone has spent too much time at uni writing long papers or something. I hope he does something else with his time besides writing long winded speeches. He should get a job working for a politician somewhere.

I could have said what he did in maybe only a few sentences.

I don't usually mine but I now have a strong urge to start mining again for some weird reason.
Jonni Favorite
Red Slice Enterprise
#40 - 2011-12-02 03:47:56 UTC
But seriously, cool story bro but WOW!!! dude this is a game and you wrote a manifesto that rivals Mein Kampf. Did you miss the daily dosage of whatever you're on? Shocked