These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Let me tell you why people are killing highsec miners. A manifesto.

First post
Author
Killstealing
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#301 - 2011-12-05 17:49:15 UTC
Oreb Wing wrote:
As i'm currently sitting in my station doing some PI because of a war'dec, i thought I'd do some forum surfing. Clumsy miner that i am, I stumble upon this. I can say, after a great deal of eye rubbing, that I skimmed through a lot more replies than I did your Miner exegesis. Compelling, and very lively writing. I had a few good laughs. But I was more saddened by troll replies that missed the mark, even by a far margin than you. :) Either way. My friend, my miner's hat off to you, for such a tale. But now the real question. Will it ever go back on my head? Seeing that blood-thirsty pirates are ganking not only mining exhumers, but missioneers as well, my applaud fades. You see, not all of us have daddy's ISK to fall back on. I don't multi-box, because, frankly, I already have a job. I shoot **** in real life, and gut fish with my bare hands. I smoke my cigars and drink my good whiskey as I mine or stare at the hills. For that to me is peace in a time of REAL wars. But I wonder how I will afford my 20 mil skills when people spend more time watching a gate than others do asteroids. I doubt I'll ever PLEX, because that would change the game for me and i'm the kind of guy that doesn't mind paying the monthly fee because i'm not a moocher. I mine when i wanna have a cold one and shoot the **** with some friends. I got plenty of theft in real life. No short supply of villains i'd like to strangle too. Power, as many other things, accompany other attributes, but extremists, in any case, I despise above all others. For even pissant little trolls manage to find moderation. This single-mindedness, though buttery and sweet sounding, gives me a ******* spiritual cavity.

for a manly man like you you sure act like a vagina
Mortis vonShadow
Balanaz Mining and Development Inc.
#302 - 2011-12-05 17:57:28 UTC
Killstealing wrote:

For an internet tough guy, you are a vagina.

Some days you're the bug, and some days your the windscreen.                   And some days, you're just a man with a gun.

Jenshae Chiroptera
#303 - 2011-12-05 18:08:43 UTC
That was the longest typed up bit of trolling I have ever seen. Shocked

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Oreb Wing
Last Rites.
#304 - 2011-12-06 14:40:26 UTC
Mortis vonShadow wrote:
Killstealing wrote:

That's what i get for posting half awake.
Oreb Wing
Last Rites.
#305 - 2011-12-07 00:35:15 UTC
Oreb Wing wrote:
Mortis vonShadow wrote:
Killstealing wrote:

That's what i get for posting half awake.

Allowing myself to get personal with this is like stirring a big pile of dog **** with a short stick. When it draws attention you feel some kind of guilty association. But becoming defensive leads to the same road as this Adolf mentality. When you dehumanize others, you become the monster yourself. I was wrong and I should have remained objective, but when this leviathan raises its snout, one must stand on one of two sides. For those who are silent are equal to those that flee from battle.

This is no longer a game when you cross that line, James.
Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#306 - 2011-12-07 01:06:42 UTC
Killstealing wrote:
Weaselior wrote:
as thanks for all that goonswarm will be paying me 600m isk

plus whatever our insurance rates are for tornados idk

replace + bonus for killing pubbies

seriously I don't know why people think the insurance removal is a big deal

it is a big deal

people think they don't need a tank anymore and can fit for max harvesting again

and for some reason it still keeps raining thoraxes

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

non judgement
Without Fear
Flying Burning Ships Alliance
#307 - 2011-12-07 01:13:20 UTC
People still read this? Oh well.

I thought it was just a long winded excuse for why I do the things I do in EVE. No one really cares why people do bad things in EVE, and knowing why they do them isn't going to change anything. But writing an huge essay about it, screams out many things about yourself more so than telling others why you do the things you do. If we are to take this seriously and not just think writing all that doesn't mean he actually believes it. Seems more to me that it's just writing whatever they can to put what they do in a better light, like they are some sort of saint.

In anycase my point really is going to be that it doesn't matter why people do **** in EVE. They do it and most of us are used to it happening. So the why doesn't make much difference to us. When you think about half the crap written in the OP, it doesn't just explain why he does what he does, its more just trying to justify what he's doing. It doesn't make a difference what someone writes. It doesn't make everything okay. If they were okay with what they do then they probably wouldn't have bothered writting it.

In the end I see it as tongue in cheek, humorous writting and I don't think anyone should take it seriously.

Wow it's amazing how much I can write when I'm bored. I was thinking of only writing a few sentences.
Zaroff Zarofdium
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#308 - 2011-12-07 01:32:56 UTC
its like stupid people think the NPC's seed their ships in eve. like no one but bots made their ships. im not even a miner but at least respect the fact that someone has made my ship. but you know what they say. ignorence is bliss
Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#309 - 2011-12-07 01:45:19 UTC
Zaroff Zarofdium wrote:
its like stupid people think the NPC's seed their ships in eve. like no one but bots made their ships. im not even a miner but at least respect the fact that someone has made my ship. but you know what they say. ignorence is bliss

yes, a drone region ratter made the minerals for it

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#310 - 2011-12-07 01:45:37 UTC
granted that was probably a bot too but at least a more advanced bot

Killer Gandry
The Concilium Enterprises
#311 - 2011-12-07 01:50:34 UTC
In short.

I gank miners in high sec because it's easier than ganking miners in null sec.
I gank bot's in high sec because "surely" there are no bots in null sec.

Ganking miners in high sec is easy, that is the only reason why there are ganks. No way for a miner to determine if that ship that warped into the belt is actually a threat untill it locks.

In null sec anything not blue is a danger so very easier to reckognise.

The programs used in null sec to have their bots warp to a safe spot and cloak or to a PoS doesn't work in high sec, so there you have it.
That is the whole and only reason why the ganks in high sec.

All alliance leaders say they disapprove of bots, but let me post a counterquestion then.

Would they be man enough to step down from their positions if proven they do harbor bots? Since the leadership is always responsable for the people they have in their corp/alliance.
Ofcourse not. Hell, no way they would take responcebility for their "team" .

Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#312 - 2011-12-07 02:00:56 UTC
we have proven our anti-botting credentials by murdering scores of bots, while you and people like you protest our vigorious anti-botting actions

its not us that needs to prove our bona fides, friend

Krios Ahzek
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#313 - 2011-12-07 02:03:07 UTC
Killer Gandry wrote:

The programs used in null sec to have their bots warp to a safe spot and cloak or to a PoS doesn't work in high sec, so there you have it.

Actually they'd work, they just don't bother checking that option since it happens in highsec and obviously nothing wrong can happen, right?

Though All Men Do Despise Us

Krios Ahzek
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#314 - 2011-12-07 02:10:16 UTC
Also I'm in love with this thread

Nikola Aivoras
Mercantilist Corporation of New Eden
#315 - 2011-12-07 02:12:06 UTC
Krios Ahzek wrote:

Yeah, it's a lot of fun to watch the mudslinging.
Krios Ahzek
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#316 - 2011-12-07 02:13:40 UTC
Nikola Aivoras wrote:
Krios Ahzek wrote:

Wrong on both counts.
I'm not merely watching and that's not mud.

Nikola Aivoras
Mercantilist Corporation of New Eden
#317 - 2011-12-07 02:16:42 UTC
Krios Ahzek wrote:
Nikola Aivoras wrote:
Krios Ahzek wrote:

Wrong on both counts.
I'm not merely watching and that's not mud.

Well, I'm watching and I suppose you'd know if it wasn't mud...
Krios Ahzek
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#318 - 2011-12-07 02:17:57 UTC
Just smell it, it should become obvious

Sicex
#319 - 2011-12-07 02:35:45 UTC
Beautiful. Pirate
Jaroslav Unwanted
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#320 - 2011-12-07 03:34:30 UTC
Weaselior wrote:
we have proven our anti-botting credentials by murdering scores of bots, while you and people like you protest our vigorious anti-botting actions

its not us that needs to prove our bona fides, friend

heh...

anti-botting .. funny..

I thought you playing game and having fun... but no ... you actually provide an service ..