These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Tiamat Issues

First post First post
Author
Cat silth
Diversity 101
Domain Research and Mining Inst.
#41 - 2015-02-17 14:44:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Cat silth
click on launcher wait 30 mins no notifications about and patch being installed - wait further 15 still noting close re open still not downloading patch or starting to download patch -

How do i get the patch to download when the launcher isnt even intializing the patch ?

- it just sitting there normally id get a yellow bar going along the bottom , any suggestions
marly cortez
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#42 - 2015-02-17 14:46:25 UTC
.[/quote].I am well aware that we were already discussing it, but in a thread other than where the aforementioned query was raised. As with anything we do relating to graphics, we have to bear in mind that individuals will have different opinions on what looks good. We keep a close eye on feedback relating these features to assess if we need to change or remove them in light of considerable feedback, this lighting feature is no different, but it has to be out "in the wild" for some time for that feedback to accrue. I sat with the Art Director and other QA and assessed the feature again when concerns were raised in the other thread, we all liked the effect - personal opinions obviously.[/quote]

This is the sort of attitude directed at players by CCP Dev's that the players get so upset about, The 'Eat the Vomit we serve or leave' thing we get so much of.

While you and your art director might like what your crayons produce, the fact that you do not give players the facility to tone down your excesses in anyway or even a 'My EYES....MY EYES TURN IT OFF' button, means players simply have to put up with it or simply leave the game which in the view of most is not really the idea of EVE on any level.

To have your retina burned out simply by entering a system because as many have pointed out the graphics are so bright in there should have been addressed, Many players have asked for some form of graphics control beyond the clunky minimum and maximum types we now have and it is something you should have taken note of.

As you point out perception is relative to the customer.....That is not exclusive to Graphics.

Humanity is the thin veneer that remains after you remove the baffled chimp.

Thebriwan
LUX Uls Xystus
#43 - 2015-02-17 14:55:51 UTC
marly cortez wrote:
This is the sort of attitude directed at players by CCP Dev's that the players get so upset about, The 'Eat the Vomit we serve or leave' thing we get so much of.

And THIS is the sort of attitude, that upsets me so much.
You've got a polite answer why something is the way it is.
And all you doing is rant about what YOU want and what YOU like.
CCP Sledgehammer
C C P
C C P Alliance
#44 - 2015-02-17 15:05:44 UTC
marly cortez wrote:

While you and your art director might like what your crayons produce, the fact that you do not give players the facility to tone down your excesses in anyway or even a 'My EYES....MY EYES TURN IT OFF' button, means players simply have to put up with it or simply leave the game which in the view of most is not really the idea of EVE on any level.

To have your retina burned out simply by entering a system because as many have pointed out the graphics are so bright in there should have been addressed, Many players have asked for some form of graphics control beyond the clunky minimum and maximum types we now have and it is something you should have taken note of.

As you point out perception is relative to the customer.....That is not exclusive to Graphics.

I agree with your point that there should be more options to cover specific graphical features. It is a conversation that is ongoing within my team at the moment. Also regarding nebulae brightness, another ongoing conversation. However, with regards to the attitude you mention, that is not at all what I was insinuating in my post, all I was endeavoring to say was that we have to assess things based on voluminous feedback, which at the moment does not exist for this feature.

Graphical QA Analyst | EVE Quality Assurance | Team TriLambda

Castelo Selva
Forcas armadas
Brave Collective
#45 - 2015-02-17 15:11:06 UTC
What the hell!?!
Patch was about 900+MB, and then, suddenly, it just reset to zero and start all process again!
And no, my connection do not dropped. I am still here, reading the forum and news on the net. Everything is fine with my connection.
Therefore, I am now very anxious if it will keep failing repeatedly…
I think I probably live in a far place to one of the CCP CDN, since it takes me more than 2 hours to download the 1Gb patch.
If the reset to start keep happening, I may not be able to play today…
Is there any way to get the patch file from other forms, so I can just import it with the laucher?

Castelo
Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#46 - 2015-02-17 15:11:36 UTC
CCP Sledgehammer wrote:
The flickering whilst at warp is intended, it's the warp tunnel bouncing light off your ship's hull. As for strobelighting from planets, I am not sure what you mean, is there any chance you could submit a bug report FAO me with a video showing what you mean?

I've warped around a couple of times now on that planet and can't reproduce the effect anymore. When I warped the first time past the Lava planet, there was a fairly bright red reflection rushing over my hullw, even though I was several tens of thousand kilometers away from the planet. Doesn't seem to occur anymore. I'll keep an eye on it, though.

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

CCP Sledgehammer
C C P
C C P Alliance
#47 - 2015-02-17 15:14:10 UTC
Rivr Luzade wrote:
CCP Sledgehammer wrote:
The flickering whilst at warp is intended, it's the warp tunnel bouncing light off your ship's hull. As for strobelighting from planets, I am not sure what you mean, is there any chance you could submit a bug report FAO me with a video showing what you mean?

I've warped around a couple of times now on that planet and can't reproduce the effect anymore. When I warped the first time past the Lava planet, there was a fairly bright red reflection rushing over my hullw, even though I was several tens of thousand kilometers away from the planet. Doesn't seem to occur anymore. I'll keep an eye on it, though.

Thanks! As I say, if you do see it again submit a bug report with my name in it somewhere.

Esme Moya Mencken
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#48 - 2015-02-17 15:22:28 UTC
CCP Sledgehammer wrote:
I agree with your point that there should be more options to cover specific graphical features. It is a conversation that is ongoing within my team at the moment. Also regarding nebulae brightness, another ongoing conversation. However, with regards to the attitude you mention, that is not at all what I was insinuating in my post, all I was endeavoring to say was that we have to assess things based on voluminous feedback, which at the moment does not exist for this feature.

Don't these "ongoing conversations" seem to suggest, in and of themselves, that more options control for graphical features ought to exist? What's to gain from not introducing options like these? There's some 90+ page thread about disabling the no-longer-quite-so-new jump graphics/animation...people STILL post there.

Options, CCP. Please provide options.
Sillydude
Zero Core Labs
#49 - 2015-02-17 15:30:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Sillydude
Downloaded patch 3 times. WOOT!
First attempt the install got up to 12.5%
2nd attempt 2.5%
3rd attempt 2.5%

Running EVE Online Repair Tool now. Currently downloading a 4.83 GB Patch now?!?

I see others have this trouble as well. Has anyone seen a DEV response on this? I can't seem to find one.

Upgrades are always exciting for me. Just not in the way CCP developers intended?
Lil' Brudder Too
Pistols for Pandas
#50 - 2015-02-17 15:30:29 UTC
CCP Claymore wrote:
Duo Roman wrote:
I'm trying to use a Design Laboratory (in a Wormhole) to create a Svipul blueprint out of a Small Hull Section, but I can't start the job. It says "The selected blueprint activity is not supported at the current facility".
Aren't invention jobs done in Design labs?

It's the first time I attempt an invention so I don't know if it's working as intended or not.

You need to use an experimental laboratory for T3 stuff.

This might be partially because the ONLY thing that even mentions the words "Reverse Engineering" is the Experimental Lab itself. Not a single relic says it anywhere in their description, and misleadingly use the word "invention" in every aspect as to how to use them.
Cat silth
Diversity 101
Domain Research and Mining Inst.
#51 - 2015-02-17 15:34:00 UTC
Cat silth wrote:
click on launcher wait 30 mins no notifications about and patch being installed - wait further 15 still noting close re open still not downloading patch or starting to download patch -

How do i get the patch to download when the launcher isnt even intializing the patch ?

- it just sitting there normally id get a yellow bar going along the bottom , any suggestions

Managed to fix it by bypassing the launcher and running the eve repair tool from the programme files folder it patched me up and up and running now
Lil' Brudder Too
Pistols for Pandas
#52 - 2015-02-17 15:37:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Lil' Brudder Too
CCP Sledgehammer wrote:
The flickering whilst at warp is intended, it's the warp tunnel bouncing light off your ship's hull.

Pray tell where the insanely intense lightning storm that is apparently very strong and very close to my ship....that i cannot see....if this is supposed to be a reflection from the warp tunnel, the warp tunnel does not show anything like what is being 'bounced' of my ships hull.

(no this is not an invitation to add more lightning to the warp tunnel, but a request to take the dumb lightning flashes off the hulls)
Raphendyr Nardieu
Avanto
Hole Control
#53 - 2015-02-17 15:38:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Raphendyr Nardieu
As fellow capsuleer.

With installation problems I would success to check that a) you do not have any eve related processes on (reboot the machine if not sure) b) you have disk space (I believe everyone has).
If the problem persists, tell about your system (OS, version, CPU, GPU)

As with download, to help track the problem I would success to tell what is your geological location.

With graphical problems, please tell what GPU you have. Some things might bug on others.

I have to say that I believe CCP has been doing good work. I played first time on 2009, then 2013 and now from starting of this year and I think the UI and experience has gone way up in last half a year. Also if my memory serves me right, back then there was like no graphical options at all (or very few).
Though I also would like to see "Advanced Graphical Options" button.

Looking forward to test new features in few hours... Damn that there is real work to do.
CCP Claymore
C C P
C C P Alliance
#54 - 2015-02-17 15:38:24 UTC
Lil' Brudder Too wrote:
CCP Claymore wrote:
Duo Roman wrote:
I'm trying to use a Design Laboratory (in a Wormhole) to create a Svipul blueprint out of a Small Hull Section, but I can't start the job. It says "The selected blueprint activity is not supported at the current facility".
Aren't invention jobs done in Design labs?

It's the first time I attempt an invention so I don't know if it's working as intended or not.

You need to use an experimental laboratory for T3 stuff.

This might be partially because the ONLY thing that even mentions the words "Reverse Engineering" is the Experimental Lab itself. Not a single relic says it anywhere in their description, and misleadingly use the word "invention" in every aspect as to how to use them.

As per, I think, your comment on another thread. There is an open defect about this issue now.

After the Invention changes in a previous patch we stopped using the term "Reverse Engineering" and everything is "Invention" now. So we are working to make sure all references to "Reverse Engineering" are replaced with "Invention".

Quality Assurance Analyst Team Psycho Sisters

DEFANDER
CSV - Like in politics - rules apply differently
#55 - 2015-02-17 15:39:08 UTC
Hello,

Ok, so:

1. First time i started the launcher - aka 10 min ago, it did not patch and just threw me in the game.
Logged in to the character and ALL my setting got reset.
Everything.

2. Now i started the client again - and it's patching [(2/3): CREATING EVE_ONLINE_861477-862956_WIN.PATCH: 13.5% - DOWNLOADING 155.92 MB / 1.12 GB ].

Will the settings still be reset after this patch concludes ?
CCP Habakuk
C C P
C C P Alliance
#56 - 2015-02-17 15:40:48 UTC
For those with launcher problems:
You might want to try to download the latest launcher version - just to be sure that everything is clean: http://cdn1.eveonline.com/EveOnlineLauncher/release/EVEOnlineLauncher_2_2_859950.exe

CCP Habakuk | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Five 0 | (Team Gridlock)

Bug reporting | Mass Testing

Presidente Gallente
Best Kept Dunked
#57 - 2015-02-17 15:48:45 UTC
CCP Darwin wrote:
Presidente Gallente wrote:
The cloaking effect still shows a hexagonal pattern on my Nvidia card. Problem with the "High" shader?

The cloaking effect should have a geometric pattern to it. It's part of the design.

If the effect looks substantially different from this, then please use F12 in-game to submit a bug report, with a screenshot, and we'll get it evaluated.

OK. Thanks. I saw some vids after the cloaking effect was released and there wasn't a pattern like this.

Example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdPUTPcS-tk
Lil' Brudder Too
Pistols for Pandas
#58 - 2015-02-17 15:56:10 UTC
CCP Claymore wrote:
So we are working to make sure all references to "Reverse Engineering" are replaced with "Invention".

So, what your saying is, you are trying to make it to where there will be nothing at all to point someone who wants to 'invent' a T3 hull to the actual mechanic and structure with which it is done...solid plan. (and has taken you 7 months so far to do this...how exactly is this new release cadence making it quicker to fix stuff again? )

Why not just roll "reverse engineering" or "invention" as you want to call it, into...i don't know, the actual "Invention" mechanic...instead of having "invention" and "other more different invention", with not real communicated difference between the two?
CCP Sledgehammer
C C P
C C P Alliance
#59 - 2015-02-17 15:59:53 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Sledgehammer
Esme Moya Mencken wrote:
CCP Sledgehammer wrote:

Don't these "ongoing conversations" seem to suggest, in and of themselves, that more options control for graphical features ought to exist? What's to gain from not introducing options like these? There's some 90+ page thread about disabling the no-longer-quite-so-new jump graphics/animation...people STILL post there.

Options, CCP. Please provide options.

I believe they do. Unfortunately it's never as simple as wanting to do something about it. We have other teams' requirements, engine health and modernization, new assets and renovation of old assets to name but a few of the things that we have to consider when taking on work.

I want you to know that we are not ignoring these concerns, even if it seems to you - on the outside - that no work is being done in relation to them.

Criss Amarr
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#60 - 2015-02-17 16:07:02 UTC
Hi I'm stuck at 2.5% 3/3 Applying patch.
I redownloaded this patch 5 times.

http://imgur.com/ABrEyXa