These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Proteus] Reduction in Fighter and Fighter Bomber scan resolution

First post First post First post
Author
Niraia
Starcakes
Cynosural Field Theory.
#201 - 2015-01-06 15:18:24 UTC
Hi Fozzie, see portrait for feedback.

Promiscuous Female
GBS Logistics and Fives Support
#202 - 2015-01-06 15:22:53 UTC
Lee Janssen wrote:
RIP in peace 40k dps Nyx

this is the only appropriate response to the thread
Hitman 001
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#203 - 2015-01-06 15:35:26 UTC
1. of all whay would you use fighterbombers aganst subcaps, they deal like 8 dmg to a batleship. 2. you should fix the pos asignin figters problem, meanin the carrier is in the pos , figters dont return and are asigned. Wich they abuse to ****... Fix that, fix the damn poses first, then try to " fix" other ****.
Tykonderoga
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#204 - 2015-01-06 16:40:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Tykonderoga
The real issue is the fact that this is a made up exploit, if it even is an exploit. The real issue the disdain that devs like Fozzie have for Supers and Titans. NCDOT is the largest owner of supers in the game, and let me tell you a little secret, we don't use them, not for months. They are used strategically and very rarely. So when I hear people rant and rave about them being overpowered and an i-win-button, it is completely inaccurate. The days of fishing with supers died in this patch.

Supers are supposed to be powerful and intimidating machines of war, not highly specialized, vulnerable manatees that can be killed by small to medium-sized gangs. Oh, and they are taken down by small to medium-sized gangs. They are supposed to be a force multiplier. They are supposed to powerful and intimidating and able to screw you over in your 200mil isk HAC. They are not supposed to be killed in a comical way by a small force.

So I am calling out Fozzie. Just tell us what the long term rebalancing on Supers is. It is unfair to those who invest in a character and tens of billions of isk to buy one and properly fit one. You owe us that. You owe us honesty and not dishonesty.

Some players have poured over a decade into your game. That means over a decade of subscriptions and time. Now you are telling us that our end game is virtually useless. Now you are telling us our play style is irrelevant . You are telling us that what you can train in months and acquire in a few hundred mil is the true end game. You are telling us that you have to take in every mouthbreather who can fly an ibis. You are telling us to destroy our community, which we like small, to attract the new player.

How is that fair? How is that right?
afkalt
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#205 - 2015-01-06 16:46:18 UTC  |  Edited by: afkalt
Let me see if I have this straight.

Because your capital ship target swapping is now bad on SUBCAPS, all your supers are now utterly worthless and you're basically ragequitting?

Sounds one hell of a lot like the people who quit, rage and/or whine after code gank them.

PS: Supported caps dont die to small gangs, stupid caps die to small gangs.
Tykonderoga
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#206 - 2015-01-06 16:48:57 UTC
afkalt wrote:

Because your capital ship target swapping is now bad on SUBCAPS, all your supers are now utterly worthless and you're basically ragequitting?

Sounds one hell of a lot like the people who quit, rage and/or whine after code gank them.

I'm sorry, but I can't hear you over the voice of your anonymous and presumably noob character.
Soldarius
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#207 - 2015-01-06 16:55:26 UTC
Alvatore DiMarco wrote:
Can you take away Carriers' sentry drones too, please?

Mr Omniblivion wrote:
Carriers are fine with sentries, Ishtars need to have sentries nerfed :)

lel. Nice. Would it not be simpler to just nerf sentries?

PErsonally, I feel that sentries have no place on sub-large ship hulls. What we have is a meta of BS-sized weapons on a HAC, with HAC application stats. I would be perfectly fine with Ishtars having bonuses to small, medium, and large drones. Make them hit hard and fast. Velocity and application bonuses to all subcap drones? Cool. LEave sentry combat to caps.

Another alternaitve is to make sentries, fighters, and fighter-bombers require more bandwidth, and adjust caps to have more bandwidth so their ability to use those drones is not affected. Meanwhile, subcaps would not be able to field a full flight of sentries like they can now.

http://youtu.be/YVkUvmDQ3HY

Daide Vondrichnov
French Drop-O-Panache
Snuffed Out
#208 - 2015-01-06 16:55:52 UTC
Tykonderoga wrote:
The real issue is the fact that this is a made up exploit, if it even is an exploit. The real issue the disdain that devs like Fozzie have for Supers and Titans. NCDOT is the largest owner of supers in the game, and let me tell you a little secret, we don't use them, not for months. They are used strategically and very rarely. So when I hear people rant and rave about them being overpowered and an i-win-button, it is completely inaccurate. The days of fishing with supers died in this patch.

Supers are supposed to be powerful and intimidating machines of war, not highly specialized, vulnerable manatees that can be killed by small to medium-sized gangs. Oh, and they are taken down by small to medium-sized gangs. They are supposed to be a force multiplier. They are supposed to powerful and intimidating and able to screw you over in your 200mil isk HAC. They are not supposed to be killed in a comical way by a small force.

So I am calling out Fozzie. Just tell us what the long term rebalancing on Supers is. It is unfair to those who invest in a character and tens of billions of isk to buy one and properly fit one. You owe us that. You owe us honesty and not dishonesty.

Some players have poured over a decade into your game. That means over a decade of subscriptions and time. Now you are telling us that our end game is virtually useless. Now you are telling us our play style is irrelevant . You are telling us that what you can train in months and acquire in a few hundred mil is the true end game. You are telling us that you have to take in every mouthbreather who can fly an ibis. You are telling us to destroy our community, which we like small, to attract the new player.

Supers are supposed to be caps hunters... Deal with it.
afkalt
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#209 - 2015-01-06 16:57:12 UTC
Tykonderoga wrote:
afkalt wrote:

I'm sorry, but I can't hear you over the voice of your anonymous and presumably noob character.

That's ok, your tears are utterly delicious.

OM NOM NOM.
Tykonderoga
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#210 - 2015-01-06 16:58:07 UTC
Daide Vondrichnov wrote:
Tykonderoga wrote:

Supers are supposed to be caps hunters... Deal with it.

If that is all you took away from what I wrote then you have poor critical thinking skills, friend.
Promiscuous Female
#211 - 2015-01-06 16:58:18 UTC
Tykonderoga wrote:
NCDOT is the largest owner of supers in the game

[citation needed]
afkalt
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#212 - 2015-01-06 17:00:06 UTC
Promiscuous Female wrote:
Tykonderoga wrote:

[citation needed]

Going by the tearfest in here.....may be something to it.
Aryth
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#213 - 2015-01-06 17:01:22 UTC
Tykonderoga wrote:
NCDOT is the largest owner of supers in the game, and let me tell you a little secret, we don't use them, not for months.

No you aren't.

Leader of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal.

Creator of Burn Jita

Vile Rat: You're the greatest sociopath that has ever played eve.

EvilweaselFinance
GoonCorp
Goonswarm Federation
#214 - 2015-01-06 17:01:27 UTC
Tykonderoga wrote:
The real issue is the fact that this is a made up exploit, if it even is an exploit. The real issue the disdain that devs like Fozzie have for Supers and Titans. NCDOT is the largest owner of supers in the game

actually you're not

you're just not good at anything else so without your supers you're nothing
Mario Putzo
#215 - 2015-01-06 17:02:23 UTC
Tykonderoga wrote:

What a horse **** post.

Supers should never be in consideration for "end all be all" nor should Titans or any ship in the game. They should be strong but should be susceptible to a coordinated attack even by smaller ships. Every ship should be vulnerable, and capable against everything else. Also there is no such thing as endgame in a sand box, and the moment something begins to shape up as one it is time for a change, and since Supers and Titans are not at the point of being "endgame" are still rarely used, and do not function as an I win button any more than 1000 dudes in Battleships do.

Of course saying that doesn't mean I agree with this change. It is an unnecessary nerf to every function of fighters and bombers, in effort to stop and exploit, that most people probably didn't even know about until this thread. If this is truly to stop an exploit just put a relaunch timer on the drone bay so players can't pick up and drop drones.

I mean if this is supposed to curb an abuse, what about ECM Drones that can be picked up and dropped still without any change in delay?

Fix the actual issue if there is an issue.

Promiscuous Female
#216 - 2015-01-06 17:04:36 UTC
lawl having your raison d'être drowned out by goons

good thing you define your existence as being diametrically opposed to us or you'd be sitting in one hell of an existential crisis right now
Promiscuous Female
#217 - 2015-01-06 17:08:27 UTC
Tykonderoga wrote:

this is why y'all chickened out on turkey day Y-2ANO right, when we brought supercaps down to rep the station
EvilweaselFinance
GoonCorp
Goonswarm Federation
#218 - 2015-01-06 17:15:43 UTC
Mario Putzo wrote:

people keep saying this and not really 'getting' it

ccp has a limited number of people who are good enough at the engine code to tinker with it in the ways completely fixing this would require

in addition, we have no idea of the amount of work this would require and it's probably relatively considerable

so we have the question, what is a better result: spend a lot of valuble engine coding time fixing a rare bug, or making it go away with mechanics changes (which can be done by non-programmers)

this obviously took a short amount of time to figure out and implement and works just fine in fixing the bug in the most egregious situations and does so without draining dev time from more pressing priorities, a clear win
EvilweaselFinance
GoonCorp
Goonswarm Federation
#219 - 2015-01-06 17:16:48 UTC
the histronics from people who were apparently abusing the **** out of this bug is the cherry of course
Mario Putzo
#220 - 2015-01-06 17:21:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Mario Putzo
EvilweaselFinance wrote:
Mario Putzo wrote:

people keep saying this and not really 'getting' it

ccp has a limited number of people who are good enough at the engine code to tinker with it in the ways completely fixing this would require

in addition, we have no idea of the amount of work this would require and it's probably relatively considerable

They didn't seem to have an issue adding a whole new timer mechanic to the use of jump drives, portals and bridges though.

Moreover we should not be willing to accept what is a terrible change because CCP is either to inept, or to lazy to code an actual fix to the problem.

Again if this is a problem, why are only Fighters and Bombers being targeted. If this is a clear cut issue of Drones being abused by skirting cycle timer delays, then why are ECM drones not on this list?