These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

More total players online at the same time. 70k possible?

First post
Author
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#81 - 2015-03-17 21:11:11 UTC  |  Edited by: BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
DeMichael Crimson wrote:

And in my opinion yes, this game is slowly loosing it's appeal (dying) to the older 'Vet' players as well despite all of the new lackluster 'Changes' constantly being done. It's turning into a regular 'theme-park' game where everyone can do everything within the first couple months of playing this game. The UI and the game screen itself has been filled up with so many 'Extras' that players have to purchase top of the line Computers each year just to be able to play the game on low graphics settings.

I have a four year old computer without a graphics card and I'm running just fine. Eve has some of the lowest system specs of any 3D game on the market.

Founder of Violet Squadron, a small gang NPSI community! Mail me for more information.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie's Space Mediation Service!

Ioci
Bad Girl Posse
#82 - 2015-03-17 21:55:16 UTC
EVE crested, IMO. It might take another 10 years to see it decline to such a state they go buy to play, no subscription but as a subscription game, the golden years are in the past.

Up until 3 days ago I ran EVE on a Pentium D dual core 2.8 and while I had to run it on low settings, it never failed to run. So to the guy saying you need top end hardware? No. Add to that, the power supply fan wasn't working on that dual core and it would cause heat spikes that shut the computer down with some games. EVE wasn't one of them.

70K possible? 100K is "possible". The servers are rated for it. I don't see it happening. I'm fine with being wrong on this.

R.I.P. Vile Rat

Jenshae Chiroptera
#83 - 2015-03-19 04:29:28 UTC
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie wrote:
Have you talked to the guys at my local game store? Screw this!
I have managed one quality convert to EVE this year and been busy with a lot of other things.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Tren-chance Kumamato
The Chaos Void
#84 - 2015-03-19 09:49:04 UTC
Joia Crenca wrote:
I haven't been seeing a rise in online play, but CCP has been making changes here and there (such as removing the clone level and sp loss) that make life nicer. So I'd think we'll probably retain more folks over time, but still, I'd like to see more people playing.

Perhaps more adverts in different places that they're shown now?

Use your buddy invites and invite your friends and get them to invite their friends and get their friends of friends to invite their friends of friends, all with your buddy link! Win win.