These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Assembly Hall

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Titan fair to bump or not?

First post First post
Author
Zion Maldor
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#81 - 2014-09-25 13:41:27 UTC
"The Council of Stellar Management (CSM) is a player-elected council to represent the views of the players to CCP."

CCP's definition not ours.

The views of the players are being voiced so represent.

CCP has a long history of being consistently inconsistent. This is just one small example of the type of inconsistency that causes the player base to ask that question....why I am paying for this again? This isn't "bitter vet" syndrome but just another example of the CORE player base of Eve going "huh?"

- Zion

Talon Draygo
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#82 - 2014-09-25 16:18:21 UTC
Its ok guys, We have consistently had low numbers logged in to eve for weeks. Let CCP keep screwing us and maybe the game will die and we can all win eve together.

Seriously though, any pvper in this game worth his salt would of bumped that Titan if it had its nose sticking out. Id do it right now if the situation presented itself.

For once in your life CCP, be clear on something.
Koz Katral
Collapsed Out
Pandemic Legion
#83 - 2014-09-25 16:26:05 UTC
Talon Draygo wrote:

Seriously though, any pvper in this game worth his salt would of bumped that Titan if it had its nose sticking out. Id do it right now if the situation presented itself.

Thats ultimately why I feel so strongly about this - any one in this thread would of probably done it too given the opportunity - until now it has been completely acceptable, and we still have no official idea whether it is or not because of GM incompetence and their inability to publish clear guidelines.

Its like changing the speed limit on a road from 40 to 30, and the prosecuting the people who travelled at 40 before the change for speeding - It's just mind boggling stupid.
Whirl
Eve Rejects
Effort.
#84 - 2014-09-25 16:36:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Whirl
An interesting post from ONI Industries website (The corp that lost the Titan - which has been reimbursed by CCP)

It's in Japanese but can easily be translated, it's a little broken but even they claim that indeed the nose of the titan was hanging out, after they had finished bridging a fleet. See link below (japanese), or the image for translation...

http://oniindustry.com/archives/4011

Translation: http://i.imgur.com/uAeli2m.jpg

So...
They bridged a fleet, "part of the hull had come out" as the provided screenshot by gfy clearly shows, which ONI are confirming in that post, they thought it was safe, the pilot alt tabbed to his main, and only switched back to see when his armour alarm went off...

I wonder what the details of the reimbursement petition were... If he was outside the forcefield as they themselves claim, how does this land under the exploit notification that its illegal to bump ships out of the shields, FROM THE INSIDE. Their own news posting confirms that the ship was exposed.

Obviously, the point of contention here is, no one knows what "inside" means, because CCP's own documentation is completely vague.

And the consequence of this vague rule, has resulted in a reimbursed titan, and a player losing his entire account for something he should NOT be perm banned for...
Bob TSlob
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#85 - 2014-09-25 17:00:42 UTC
I am glad a number of CSM members have commented here. As you all may not be GMs or have direct contact, you do have a louder voice to speak to the GMs if you see that there is an issue that needs to be dealt with. Hopefully the outcry from so many pilots and possible the support from a number of CSM members will get CCP to re evaluate their actions.
TrouserDeagle
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#86 - 2014-09-25 17:25:06 UTC
nobody is even talking about the possibility of the titan guy getting un-reimbursed :(
Zion Maldor
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#87 - 2014-09-25 18:03:42 UTC
My perspective is it is really less about the reimbursement of the titan, and more about player interaction with CCP. One minute they take no action, the next minute it's a Senior GM banning a player for something that was ok a few months ago? A player never knows from one minute to the next which side of the coin you are going to fall on as CCP never makes anything clear.

Flawed game mechanic and the guy gets his titan back? Ok, whatever.

Ban a player because of the flawed mechanic suddenly because today was your day to have a bug up your butt about titan bumping? Ok for some people to do and others not to do? Silly.

We all know we can go out and pick up another character but who knows what you'll do next that was ok yesterday that someone decides isn't ok today and you are back to square one. Silly.

- Zion
Talon Draygo
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#88 - 2014-09-25 18:25:29 UTC
TrouserDeagle wrote:
nobody is even talking about the possibility of the titan guy getting un-reimbursed :(

CCP wont do that cause it will make them look like ****. But they can unban someone fairly easily.
TrouserDeagle
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#89 - 2014-09-25 18:28:08 UTC
Talon Draygo wrote:
TrouserDeagle wrote:

CCP wont do that cause it will make them look like ****. But they can unban someone fairly easily.

makes them look less bad than not doing it.
Jazz Caden
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#90 - 2014-09-25 18:31:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Jazz Caden
It is honestly just unfair treatment being displayed. Simple as that, no questions about it. The CSM probably think whatever they are currently doing is more important than this single pilots issue, but what they don't understand is what we have all been screaming about in here for a while now.
This could (and probably will) happen again very soon. And players want to know the details of what will get you banned and what is fair game simple as that.
So there are two options for CCP in my opinion:
1. Clarify the rules well enough for even the newest players to understand it.
Or...
2. Make a statement to the players explaining why favoritism towards large nullsec groups is continually shown and allows players in those groups to play the game on a separate set of rules than others.

Simple enough I think.

Respectfully,
Jazz
Doominator
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#91 - 2014-09-26 09:37:17 UTC
Can someone just answer the question being asked here... Is this titan fair game? And what is CCP's definition of "inside"
Isadie
suddenly nyx
#92 - 2014-09-26 13:34:59 UTC
Doominator wrote:
Can someone just answer the question being asked here... Is this titan fair game? And what is CCP's definition of "inside"

if i would seen a titan partialy out of pos shields i would bump it to. so make the rule clear. and unban aglon .
Chandaris
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#93 - 2014-09-26 13:44:34 UTC
How long does this need to drag on for before we get a straight answer from CCP on this matter?
Anabaric
Hostile.
PURPLE HELMETED WARRIORS
#94 - 2014-09-26 13:55:40 UTC
Doominator wrote:

Not empty quoting.

Community Manager www.Battleclinic.com @battleclinic Loadouts + Killboards + Forums Twitter @anabaric_eve www.the-bastards.net Recruitment: OPEN

Targanoth
Black Reach LLC
SONS of BANE
#95 - 2014-09-26 14:55:45 UTC
Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them.

CCP Step up and speak.

No captain can do very wrong if he places his ship alongside that of an Enemy

Jazz Caden
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#96 - 2014-09-26 17:06:27 UTC
At this point I think "blah blah logical statement, unban Algon" will suffice.
CCP- making 5+ year veterans consider unsubbing bc we would rather make decisions based on our mood rather than use common sense or actually put effort into something...

You see if this were a small issue and we were all crying about it in this thread i would understand CCP ignoring it... but come on, this guy was Perma banned... without good reason plus we all want a freaking question answered that could get even more people Perma banned. That is not alot to ask, just give us a clear answer.

#FreeAlgon
Eldwinn
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#97 - 2014-09-26 17:10:25 UTC
Still waiting for a reply that actually answers the question. Could we at least get an acknowledgement that you are even paying attention? Something like, "hey".
Foxstar Damaskeenus
why did i join this corp
Not Purple Shoot It.
#98 - 2014-09-26 19:16:47 UTC
Our player is still unfairly banned at this moment. At least half the people in this thread have played Eve for 5 years and gone to fan fest.

Hundreds or thousands of dollars spent on PLEX an subscriptions and years of dedicated play and CCP bans someone on a whim.

I sense a severe lack of empathy on the part of the game management department.

"[this thread] is a cesspit of trolling and flaming" ISD Buldath

Talon Draygo
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#99 - 2014-09-26 19:44:21 UTC
Well we are already averaging 21,000 people online in US prime time as opposed to the usuall 35 to 40,000.

Keep ignoring your player base CCP. Soon you wont have one.
Drakan290
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#100 - 2014-09-26 20:42:19 UTC
Absolutely stunning in the lack of communication, even when petitioned about the situation again.

If you're not going to unban Aglon, then you might as well start banning some Titan pilots, and don't flap your gums about ''Risk'' being the mitigating factor. That's almost as ridiculous as the permaban handed out here.

Clarity and even handedness, all we're asking for.