These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Kronos] Mordu's Legion

First post First post First post
Author
Mike Flynn
Energy
#61 - 2014-05-12 16:52:32 UTC
Sydious wrote:
For a ship that's supposed to kite, the frigate has a really low lock range.

Good.
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#62 - 2014-05-12 16:53:04 UTC
ZecsMarquis wrote:
I'm no genius but kiting BS's are really a "thing". I know theres some spped mach, navy mega etc. fits out there but in general in a BS you are brawling or sniping straight up. Assuming the Barghest is gonna be around a bil, in what way is it better than a Golem or CNR? Links plus RF Disruptor does the job. I'm kinda disappointed. I was expecting some akin to the Vindi webs like a explo rad bonus so torps can do full damage to a battleship. CCP hates missiles it seems :/ Does any1 disagree?

EDIT: Arent* really a thing

You can keep your target on grid longer if it tries to get away while you are solo but I really don't know how big of a niche this actually is. Any fleet would have something else to point than a BS imo.
afkalt
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#63 - 2014-05-12 16:53:09 UTC  |  Edited by: afkalt
Errr 10 effective launchers on that cruiser?

That's more than a freakin' Cerberus!!

Edit: that frig is nuts too.
Twisted Chick
Sebiestor Tribe
#64 - 2014-05-12 16:53:12 UTC
CCP Rise wrote:
Say hello to the newest pirate faction in New Eden, Mordu's Legion.

This thread will be focused on the ships themselves, details about how to get them should be coming shortly but we're still making some tweaks to that.

Mordu's ships are focused on three main themes: speed, missiles, and warp scram/disruptor range. The primary goal is to have a very capable set of kiting ships that are especially attractive to PVPers. They will get bonuses from Caldari and Gallente spaceship command skills. We initially wanted to fill the Caldari/Minmatar faction gap, but the existing factions didn't really support that and adding story and assets for an entirely new faction wasn't practical. Mordu's Legion suits our goals extremely well in every other way so we are very happy with them (and their scary stealth pizza pan art).

Look forward to hearing what you guys think, we are pretty excited.

=======================================================================================

GARMUR

Caldari Frigate Bonus per level:
25% bonus to missile damage

Gallente Frigate Bonus per level:
10% bonus to warp scrambler and warp disruptor range

Role Bonus:
200% bonus to missile velocity
50% penalty to missile flight time

Slot layout: 3H, 4M, 3L; 0 turrets, 3 launchers
Fittings: 38 PWG, 178 CPU
Defense (shields / armor / hull) : 680 / 590 / 560
Capacitor (amount / cap/sec) : 400 / 2.05
Mobility (max velocity / agility / mass / align time): 415 / 3.2 / 987000 / 4.38s
Drones (bandwidth / bay): 0 / 0
Targeting (max targeting range / Scan Resolution / Max Locked targets): 28km / 650 / 5
Sensor strength: 13
Signature radius: 32

=======================================================================================

ORTHRUS

Caldari Cruiser Bonus per level:
20% bonus to missile damage

Gallente Cruiser Bonus per level:

Role Bonus:

Slot layout: 6H, 5M, 4L; 0 turrets, 5 launchers
Fittings: 900 PWG, 390 CPU
Defense (shields / armor / hull) : 2950 / 2280 / 2100
Capacitor (amount / cap/sec) : 1550 / 3.16
Mobility (max velocity / agility / mass / align time): 245 / .48 / 9362000 / 6.23s
Drones (bandwidth / bay): 25 / 25
Targeting (max targeting range / Scan Resolution / Max Locked targets): 50km / 300 / 7
Sensor strength: 21
Signature radius: 120

BARGHEST

Caldari Battleship Bonus per level:
5% bonus to missile damage

Gallente Battleship Bonus per level:

Role Bonus:

Slot layout: 8H, 6M, 6L; 0 turrets, 7 launchers
Fittings: 11600 PWG, 700 CPU
Defense (shields / armor / hull) : 11200 / 8750 / 8100
Capacitor (amount / cap/sec) : 6100 / 5.28
Mobility (max velocity / agility / mass / align time): 148 / .098 / 98467000 / 13.38s
Drones (bandwidth / bay): 50 / 75
Targeting (max targeting range / Scan Resolution / Max Locked targets): 76km / 110 / 7
Sensor strength: 29
Signature radius: 370

I want all of this NOW!!!!!!! I want that BS the most though.

Title: She who hunts Pandas

"Remember you can't spell Slaughter without Laughter!"

~Pinkamena Diane Pie~
Align Planet1
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#65 - 2014-05-12 16:53:13 UTC
I really like the missile velocity bonus vs. flight time penalty. The numbers may not be entirely elegant, but I think it will work very well in practice. I can see the frigate in particular being pretty nasty against interceptors that like to burn away from incoming missiles.

On the other hand, if the damage bonus for the Barghest isn't a typo, it should be.
CCP Rise
C C P
C C P Alliance
#66 - 2014-05-12 16:53:32 UTC
Adjusted OP to reflect that missile damage bonuses are all per level.

Fozzie putting together a blurb on where the BPCs will come from and I'll update OP with that soon. Short version is that they will be available for Mordu's Legion LP as well as off new NPCs in low sec.

@ccp_rise

Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#67 - 2014-05-12 16:57:16 UTC
would have combined well with missiles being added to TE's .. any chance of that happening Rise?
that and the cruiser and the Battleship have the same range torps vs HAMS.. bizzare anyone?

T3's need to be versatile so no rigs are necessary ... they should not have OP dps and tank

ABC's should be T2, remove drone assist, separate HAM's and Torps range, -3 HS for droneboats

Nerf web strength, Make the blaster Eagle worth using

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#68 - 2014-05-12 16:57:52 UTC
CCP Rise wrote:
Adjusted OP to reflect that missile damage bonuses are all per level.

Fozzie putting together a blurb on where the BPCs will come from and I'll update OP with that soon. Short version is that they will be available for Mordu's Legion LP as well as off new NPCs in low sec.

Are you planning on adding more Mordu LP stores that presently exist?

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#69 - 2014-05-12 16:58:00 UTC
Since these ships are going to be simular in price if not more expensive then SOE i would like these bonus added to the role:

50% reduction in MWD sig radius bloom
37.5% bonus to shield repair amount

[quote=CCP Rise]=======================================================================================

GARMUR

Caldari Frigate Bonus per level:
25% bonus to missile damage

Gallente Frigate Bonus per level:

Role Bonus:

ORTHRUS

Caldari Cruiser Bonus per level:
20% bonus to missile damage

Gallente Cruiser Bonus per level:

Role Bonus:

BARGHEST

Caldari Battleship Bonus per level:
5% bonus to missile damage

Gallente Battleship Bonus per level:

Role Bonus:

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Dave Stark
#70 - 2014-05-12 16:58:51 UTC
these ships could be literally useless, and i'll still want to be the pilot of the HMS Frying Pan.
Therishia Amarthon
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#71 - 2014-05-12 16:59:29 UTC
These ships + best speed mods, disruptors and **** + offgrid boosts... i have a bad feeling about them outclassing everything in terms of combat efficiency. Anything that cant outrun them will die.. cos sling shoting a ship that will have something like 40+ disruption range is impossible with a 10km scram. And if you are fast enough to get in scram range, tanky enough to not give a ####, or has range enough to hit them from distance, they will just warp off.
Vulfen
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#72 - 2014-05-12 16:59:45 UTC
I'm Disappointed in the slot layout on the BS 6 Mids when it's designed to have a point means your going to be trying to fit a 4 slot tank (after prop mod & point ) CCP please drop the ultility High a give it another Mid
Tengu Grib
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#73 - 2014-05-12 17:01:08 UTC
I am very excited for these.

Rabble Rabble Rabble

Praise James, Supreme Protector of High Sec.

Mike Flynn
Energy
#74 - 2014-05-12 17:01:48 UTC
Pliskkenn wrote:
So what you're telling me is, they were designed around being Caldari/Minmatar and we'd finally get some nice missile kiters, but then the lore precluded this? :P

How is it Caldari/Minmatar. Gallente get point range. Minmatar web range.
Capqu
Half Empty
xqtywiznalamywmodxfhhopawzpqyjdwrpeptuaenabjawdzku
#75 - 2014-05-12 17:02:27 UTC
i'm glad the cruiser has a damage bonus and not a rate of fire bonus so it actually works with rapid lights

they all look cool tbh, thankzs rise

the frigate dmg is too high tho imo
Thalesia
Real Bad Company
#76 - 2014-05-12 17:03:07 UTC
I have great concerns about the bhaghests tanking capability with only 6 mid slots and no shiled bonus of any kind.
1 slot has to go to disruptor/scram
1 to prop mod
leaving 4 slots, 2 extenders, 1 em and 1 adaptive... I think for the price (500ish?, wild guess) the ship needs greater tanking capabilties when it's bonus's specificly take away mid slots.

I recommend 4 % shield resists per level, or an additional mid slot.
maybe give it t2 resists or close to so that the ship can be truly gloriously fit with dual point like it's ment to without losing all of it's tank.
Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#77 - 2014-05-12 17:03:12 UTC
Vulfen wrote:
I'm Disappointed in the slot layout on the BS 6 Mids when it's designed to have a point means your going to be trying to fit a 4 slot tank (after prop mod & point ) CCP please drop the ultility High a give it another Mid

the mach seems too do fine with 5 mids..

T3's need to be versatile so no rigs are necessary ... they should not have OP dps and tank

ABC's should be T2, remove drone assist, separate HAM's and Torps range, -3 HS for droneboats

Nerf web strength, Make the blaster Eagle worth using

Mike Flynn
Energy
#78 - 2014-05-12 17:04:07 UTC
Vulfen wrote:

Seems to me sir that this ship could easily dual tank. All in the line actually.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#79 - 2014-05-12 17:04:56 UTC
Thalesia wrote:
leaving 4 slots, 2 extenders, 1 em and 1 adaptive... I think for the price (500ish?, wild guess) the ship needs greater tanking capabilties when it's bonus's specificly take away mid slots.

I think "500-ish" is probably a tad unrealistic. The Barghest will easily fetch $1.5-billion or more...

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Salpad
Carebears with Attitude
#80 - 2014-05-12 17:05:12 UTC
Steve Ronuken wrote:
200% bonus to speed + 50% penalty to flight time = 50% bonus to range.

Where X is speed, and Y is flight time:
XY is Range.

With bonuses and penalties:
3X * 0.5Y = 1.5XY

Yes. Except that your DPS arrives three times as fast. That matters too.

Based on my PVE experience, it makes a huge difference in wasted salvos, at least for flying level 4 in a BS, but based on what I've heard, it'll matter even more for PVP.