These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

WiS pledge fundrising

First post First post
Author
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#241 - 2014-05-06 18:38:25 UTC
Soulpirate wrote:

I would too if I hadn't completely lost faith in this company to effectively develop new content
of any kind. .

You lost faith in something thats happening continuously and is unavoidable to come into contact with?

I suppose the moon was faked by NASA too huh

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#242 - 2014-05-06 18:39:32 UTC
Salpad wrote:

Lots of people are used to avatar-based play and movement in other MMOs and MMORPGs, and so they look at EVE, and note the complete absence of genuine avatar play, and they decide not to try it out.

Its certainly one way to keep them out, yes

That and ganking their **** in every time you can.

That helps too

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#243 - 2014-05-06 18:46:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Khanh'rhh
Little Dragon Khamez wrote:
Keep on repeating the same old lie Rhes, perhaps if you do it often enough people might believe it's true.

Just jumping up and down and yelling "tears!!!" "lies!!" seems to be your thing, huh?

CCP themselves said subscription numbers were in free-fall. You don't do a complete 180 on 2 years of development work unless there is a massive near-fatal disaster right on your doorstep.
Do you just want to pretend it didn't happen? Do you want to pretend CCP didn't have to fire 20% of their work-force they lost so much money over it?
Which easily-verifiable fact do you want to scream "TEARS AND LIES!" at, in particular, so I can give you cited evidence you're wrong?

Anywayyyyyyyy

CCP have a 5-year road-map that doesn't include going anywhere near WiS, so lets come back in 5 years time. There's still plenty of SciFi themed sex dungeons on SL left that you can go and keep yourself busy with until CCP release space barbies. This is a better idea than clutching at straws, and trying to turn dev quotes that don't explicitly say they will never ever ever do it as some sort of ray of hope that it will arrive soon.

n.b. if you want dev quotes, pull up the WiS megathread that's been around for ages. There's plenty of dev quotes which allude to the fact there's precisely no work being done on it.

Salpad wrote:
Sibyyl wrote:
Lots of people are used to avatar-based play and movement in other MMOs and MMORPGs, and so they look at EVE, and note the complete absence of genuine avatar play, and they decide not to try it out.

I've been convinced all along that ambulation will open up EVE to a wider audience. Most of those won't stick around, of course, but recruiting another 150k long-term players, e.g., would be nice for CCP.

Your source for this is yourself, btw. If there were any truth to it at all, you would have seen an up-tick of interest in Eve when they released Incarna. This didn't happen.

Every major subscription spike in the history of the game has come from:
- Massive scams hitting the news
- Massive battles hitting the news

Neither of which have anything to do with avatars.

Do you care to want to link me to all the people trying Eve after events like BR-, and then leaving because "Urgh, I can't walk around in a meaningful way"?

Ubat Batuk wrote:
I am really happy to see that I am not a minority after all.

2 people is a severe minority. Hopefully that helps.

"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." -Soviet infantry manual,

Hazzard
Chaotic Dynamics
#244 - 2014-05-06 19:53:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Hazzard
Soulpirate wrote:
Hazzard wrote:
I'd give $200 to help fund it.

They really should do a kickstarter to gauge interest, I bet there are quite a few people that would post money to make this happen.

I would too if I hadn't completely lost faith in this company to effectively develop new content
of any kind.

If you give CCP any money, expect them to spend it on whimsical crap that they will lose interest
in and never finish. Perhaps, they will expand their office space with more recreation space and increase
their holiday pay/time.

I've been here since beta and I think they do a fine job adding new content to the game. It's hardly recognizable from the beta days. Sure we all want more, but it's much easier to ask for more then it is to provide it in any balanced fashion.

I don't think creating a kickstarter would cost CCP much, and if we get WiS out of it that would be amazing. Even if the kickstarter flops perhaps there could be other ideas floated for a kickstarter.. things people in Eve want but that simply cost too much to tackle or require dedicated resources. (take a look at the ideas and suggestions form, there is no end to interesting ideas people have for this game.)
Ubat Batuk
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#245 - 2014-05-06 20:40:47 UTC
Hazzard wrote:
Soulpirate wrote:
Hazzard wrote:
I'd give $200 to help fund it.

They really should do a kickstarter to gauge interest, I bet there are quite a few people that would post money to make this happen.

of any kind.

If you give CCP any money, expect them to spend it on whimsical crap that they will lose interest
in and never finish. Perhaps, they will expand their office space with more recreation space and increase
their holiday pay/time.

I've been here since beta and I think they do a fine job adding new content to the game. It's hardly recognizable from the beta days. Sure we all want more, but it's much easier to ask for more then it is to provide it in any balanced fashion.

I don't think creating a kickstarter would cost CCP much, and if we get WiS out of it that would be amazing. Even if the kickstarter flops perhaps there could be other ideas floated for a kickstarter.. things people in Eve want but that simply cost too much to tackle or require dedicated resources. (take a look at the ideas and suggestions form, there is no end to interesting ideas people have for this game.)

I support this.
Little Dragon Khamez
Guardians of the Underworld
#246 - 2014-05-06 20:56:55 UTC
Khanh'rhh wrote:
Keep on repeating the same old lie Rhes, perhaps if you do it often enough people might believe it's true.

Just jumping up and down and yelling "tears!!!" "lies!!" seems to be your thing, huh?

Apologies Khanh'rhh I haven't been ignoring you.

I've been prioritizing you....

Dumbing down of Eve Online will result in it's destruction...

Little Dragon Khamez
#247 - 2014-05-06 21:04:35 UTC
Khanh'rhh wrote:

stuff

TL, but sadly did read...

It's been said plenty of times, by plenty of people drawn from plenty of credible reliable sources (including ccp sources) that people rioted about the greed is good memo, incarna went into freefall because of the plans for the obnoxious pay to win store plus the community didn't want the same nex store selling stuff that wasn't made in game by an industrialist anywhere.

I just love the way you goons rush to defend each other, there must be awesome buttsex going on in your HQ.

And you've got the temerity to call us sheep.

I have no idea how to help you grow some IQ. It looks like you are stuck for life for the brainpower of a glass of water.

Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#248 - 2014-05-06 21:26:23 UTC
I just love the way you goons rush to defend each other

Having friends is a foreign concept to you?

EVE is a game about spaceships and there's an enormous amount of work to do on the in-space gameplay before players (or developers) are ready to sacrifice it for a totally new type of gameplay - CCP Rise

Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#249 - 2014-05-06 21:35:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Khanh'rhh
It's been said plenty of times, by plenty of people drawn from plenty of credible reliable sources (including ccp sources) that people rioted about the greed is good memo, incarna went into freefall because of the plans for the obnoxious pay to win store plus the community didn't want the same nex store selling stuff that wasn't made in game by an industrialist anywhere.

The memo didn't get leaked till the threadnaughts were long since into full swing. Maybe the third or fourth day? I don't remember specifically. People had been angry that no development was being done on FiS for 2 years.

You're selectively quoting history to try to force some idea that WiS itself wasn't the issue. It was an issue, along with it's actual implementation.

What are you even doing here? You must realise that CCP know this, right?

If you want to affect change then you aren't going to do it by going "LALALALALALALALALAL!" and ignoring the issues with trying to proceed.
CCP know why they threw away 2 years of development and abandoned the whole project, and it's not because of the Greed is Good memo. If CCP thought that the only problem was the potential introduction of micro-transactions, they would have simply promised to never do them and continued with the WiS development. This is pretty basic, right? You don't throw away millions of dollars of development to fix a problem that doesn't exist?
People wanted CCP to work on spaceships. CCP started working on spaceships, and there was much rejoicing. Your willful ignorance to believe anything else was the issue won't convince anyone here, and it won't convince CCP who know the facts of the situation from handing out pink-slips to 20% of their friends.

"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." -Soviet infantry manual,

raven666wings
Cyber Chaos Crew
#250 - 2014-05-06 22:06:24 UTC  |  Edited by: raven666wings
Khanh'rhh wrote:
CCP started working on spaceships, and there was much rejoicing.

Spaceship #1

Spaceship #2

Spaceship #3

I can see why you were much rejoiced. You raged and usubbed for them to "work on EVE"... and they wrote you an apology letter and hired CCP Fozzie and Rise to mess with +1's and -1's for you.... while working on other games Lol
Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#251 - 2014-05-06 22:09:07 UTC
raven666wings wrote:
Khanh'rhh wrote:
CCP started working on spaceships, and there was much rejoicing.

Spaceship #1

Spaceship #2

Spaceship #3

I can see why you were much rejoiced. You raged and usubbed for them to "work on EVE"... and they wrote you an apology letter and hired CCP Fozzie and Rise to mess with +1's and -1's for you.... while working on other games Lol

This might help:

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

raven666wings
Cyber Chaos Crew
#252 - 2014-05-06 22:16:27 UTC
Doc Fury wrote:
This might help:[/url]

It might, but I'd advise you to take this instead.
Webvan
All Kill No Skill
#253 - 2014-05-06 22:27:16 UTC
raven666wings wrote:
Job creation and done by private investment? This is somehow a bad thing?

I'm in it for the money

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12

raven666wings
Cyber Chaos Crew
#254 - 2014-05-06 22:41:40 UTC  |  Edited by: raven666wings
Webvan wrote:

Oh boy... more fallacy deconstruction... not right now plz.
Little Dragon Khamez
#255 - 2014-05-06 22:48:46 UTC
Khanh'rhh wrote:

The memo didn't get leaked till the threadnaughts were long since into full swing. Maybe the third or fourth day? I don't remember specifically. People had been angry that no development was being done on FiS for 2 years.

You're selectively quoting history to try to force some idea that WiS itself wasn't the issue. It was an issue, along with it's actual implementation.

What are you even doing here? You must realise that CCP know this, right?

If you want to affect change then you aren't going to do it by going "LALALALALALALALALAL!" and ignoring the issues with trying to proceed.
CCP know why they threw away 2 years of development and abandoned the whole project, and it's not because of the Greed is Good memo. If CCP thought that the only problem was the potential introduction of micro-transactions, they would have simply promised to never do them and continued with the WiS development. This is pretty basic, right? You don't throw away millions of dollars of development to fix a problem that doesn't exist?
People wanted CCP to work on spaceships. CCP started working on spaceships, and there was much rejoicing. Your willful ignorance to believe anything else was the issue won't convince anyone here, and it won't convince CCP who know the facts of the situation from handing out pink-slips to 20% of their friends.

I'll remind you that I was there. I remember what happened.

If incarna was an unwanted feature and the source of all the rage, how come ccp caved into pressure to release the other three non minmatar captain's quarters in the next expansion, if incarna was an unwanted feature?

Webvan
All Kill No Skill
#256 - 2014-05-06 22:57:11 UTC
raven666wings wrote:
Webvan wrote:

Oh boy... more fallacy deconstruction... not right now plz.

$20mil for it came from convertible bonds raised from Icelandic institutional investors.
Investment and job creation. It's how companies operate. Oh but it doesn't add to your CCP smear, so yes continue to ignore.

I'm in it for the money

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12

Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#257 - 2014-05-06 22:57:31 UTC
If incarna was an unwanted feature and the source of all the rage, how come ccp caved into pressure to release the other three non minmatar captain's quarters in the next expansion, if incarna was an unwanted feature?

Because most of the work on them was already done and they were hoping it would shut people like you up.

EVE is a game about spaceships and there's an enormous amount of work to do on the in-space gameplay before players (or developers) are ready to sacrifice it for a totally new type of gameplay - CCP Rise

Little Dragon Khamez
#258 - 2014-05-06 23:01:08 UTC
Rhes wrote:
I just love the way you goons rush to defend each other

Having friends is a foreign concept to you?

I have plenty of friends in plenty of places, right across the cluster. They've become good friends in real life and we speak on the telephone as well as teamspeak. We keep up on Facebook and meet a couple of times a year, despite the fact that we live on different continents and in different time zones.

I am not short of friends, I don't imagine that you are either, but the difference between me and you is that I don't assume that someone is friendless because I don't agree with their position in a discussion.

That would be unintelligent wouldn't it?

Little Dragon Khamez
#259 - 2014-05-06 23:04:21 UTC
Rhes wrote:

Because most of the work on them was already done and they were hoping it would shut people like you up.

Well if there was enough of us to require shutting up, then clearly there's enough demand for avatar content.

raven666wings
Cyber Chaos Crew
#260 - 2014-05-07 00:27:16 UTC
I just wonder if all these anti-WiS people posting here even bothered to read the title of this thread. Thats right, WiS pledge fundrising. Cmon, grow some ballz and drop your pledges or go spam anti-WiS goon propaganda somewhere else.

+$150 for WiS+Legion+Valkyrie on Unreal4 without pay2win