These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Rubicon 1.1] Omnidirectional Tracking Links

First post First post First post
Author
Mike Voidstar
Voidstar Free Flight Foundation
#81 - 2014-01-16 21:23:21 UTC
Just do a balance pass on drones already.

They have unique problems, and I am sorry that using their strengths in null sec has caused issues with the vocal minority. They deserve some deve time and love.

I am not opposed in general to making omnis active, but look at the whole setup and please stop killing them an inch at a time to make the gun bunnies happy.
Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#82 - 2014-01-16 21:38:42 UTC
Cloora wrote:
CCP Fozzie, I think most of us are fine with these changes, but for the love of all things in New Eden, can you change all scripted modules to have the scripts BUILT IN TO THEM?!

I hate having to find and buy all the scripts to make a module work like it was designed to in some back woods null sec. Just make the modes selectable. I hate getting into batte and then realizing I forgot the other script when I need to change....

I expect the answer is "not without a month's worth of programming".

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#83 - 2014-01-16 22:06:11 UTC
That's actually a good question... why do we even have scripts in the first place?

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

TinkerHell
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#84 - 2014-01-16 22:17:49 UTC
Did you really just buff Sentry drones?
Kassasis Dakkstromri
State War Academy
Caldari State
#85 - 2014-01-16 22:39:03 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
*Snip* Please refrain from spreading baseless rumors. ISD Ezwal

Totally disapprove of a change like this in the middle of a War! Srsly? ShockedAttention

CCP you are bad at EVE... Stop potential silliness ~ Solo Wulf

Ponder Stuff
Jump 2 Beacon
Deepwater Hooligans
#86 - 2014-01-16 22:42:25 UTC
Well done fozzie........ :/
ZheoTheThird
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#87 - 2014-01-16 22:42:59 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
Hey, Sentries are the most used weapon system in the game for both PvE and PvP of every scale, let's buff them!

Thanks for making afktars and domi blobs even stronger than they are, Sentries really needed a buff, seeing as how they were severely underused in the current meta.
*Snip* Please refrain from spreading baseless rumors. ISD Ezwal
Michael Harari
Genos Occidere
TRUTH. HONOUR. LIGHT.
#88 - 2014-01-16 22:45:42 UTC
Seems pretty reasonable to me, they probably should have always been like that.

Any plans for lowslot drone tracking modules?
Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#89 - 2014-01-16 23:06:52 UTC
Capqu wrote:
why don't drone control range modules have stacking penalties yet

its 2014 fozzie

Mathematically an additive bonus that increments by a fixed amount ALREADY IS stacking penalised automatically. Adding a fixed amount has diminishing percentage returns.

If the DLA gave a percentage increase in drone control range a stacking penalty would be necessary. The DLA gives a fixed bonus so the stacking nerf is already built into the module.

Example of current T1 DLA (adds 20km) and assuming initial drone control range before DLA of 60 km.

1st DLA adds 30% to range
2nd DLA adds 25% to range
3rd DLA adds 20% to range
4th DLA adds 17 % to range
5th DLA adds 14% to range

Warde Guildencrantz
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#90 - 2014-01-16 23:19:03 UTC
Kagura Nikon wrote:
Warde Guildencrantz wrote:
as long as my ishtar can volley with bouncers from 150k still, okay

with bouncers.. yes but less effectively (more within falloff). With curators you wont snipe that far anymore.

i only used wardens or bouncers for that kind of stuff

TunDraGon ~ Low sec piracy since 2003 ~ Youtube ~ Join Us

Gizznitt Malikite
Agony Unleashed
Agony Empire
#91 - 2014-01-16 23:42:28 UTC

Will these changes be live before the NEO tournament in March?
Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#92 - 2014-01-16 23:51:57 UTC
Leigh Akiga wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Weaselior wrote:
"every time I use an overpowered flavor of the month ship it gets nerfed"
"this must be a conspiracy against me, not that overpowered flavor of the months always get nerfed eventually"

Love how you guys are completely losing your **** over a 5% nerf (which I am on record as saying is completely stupid and unfair), but I am complaining about something that is OP.

Not too much hypocrisy there.

The first clue that there was a problem came in the alliance tournament with the number of Dominix doctrines.

Then we have this alliance update from esteemed CSM Member Progodlegend:

"Yes, that's right. “Ishtar.” As promised ever since the HAC rebalance changes were first announced, the hour of Ishtar Secunda is now upon us. Disregard Domis; acquire Ishtars. The sentry drone is victory; the sentry drone is life."

And then look at what is being fielded in 0.0 today:

Goons: Dominix
EMP/TEST: Dominix
PL/NC/N3: Sentry carriers, Ishtars, Proteus-(which recently had its fit tweaked to drop sentries wlolo) (Heavy Domi use last year during Fountain War)
Fountain Conflict/kerfluffle: FA/Li3: Dominix
Razor: Ishtars
Triumvirate: ishtars
Lead Farmers: Ishtars
DARKNESS.: Switching to Dominix
SOLAR FLEET: Switching to Dominix

Literally everyone in 0.0 is flying Ishtars, Dominix or sentry carriers ShockedShockedShocked

but these changes just make the domi MORE POWERFULL relative to its opposition that was nerfed way more

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Omega Crendraven
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#93 - 2014-01-16 23:56:03 UTC
CCP Fozzie BEST DEVELOPER ON CCP, PLEASE INTRODUCE RLML SENTRY DRONES

Big smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smile
Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#94 - 2014-01-16 23:59:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Hasikan Miallok
Interesting side effect of the new version is that using a silly number of omnis (say 3 tracking-scripted 2 range-scripted and a scope rig to pull the optimal up a bit) seems to give better tracking and range then using a similar number of the existing omnis.
I am disposable
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#95 - 2014-01-17 00:35:44 UTC
ROFL...a sentry drone tracking buff? Seriously?
I am disposable
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#96 - 2014-01-17 00:37:05 UTC
Kagura Nikon wrote:
Leigh Akiga wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Weaselior wrote:
"every time I use an overpowered flavor of the month ship it gets nerfed"
"this must be a conspiracy against me, not that overpowered flavor of the months always get nerfed eventually"

Love how you guys are completely losing your **** over a 5% nerf (which I am on record as saying is completely stupid and unfair), but I am complaining about something that is OP.

Not too much hypocrisy there.

The first clue that there was a problem came in the alliance tournament with the number of Dominix doctrines.

Then we have this alliance update from esteemed CSM Member Progodlegend:

"Yes, that's right. “Ishtar.” As promised ever since the HAC rebalance changes were first announced, the hour of Ishtar Secunda is now upon us. Disregard Domis; acquire Ishtars. The sentry drone is victory; the sentry drone is life."

And then look at what is being fielded in 0.0 today:

Goons: Dominix
EMP/TEST: Dominix
PL/NC/N3: Sentry carriers, Ishtars, Proteus-(which recently had its fit tweaked to drop sentries wlolo) (Heavy Domi use last year during Fountain War)
Fountain Conflict/kerfluffle: FA/Li3: Dominix
Razor: Ishtars
Triumvirate: ishtars
Lead Farmers: Ishtars
DARKNESS.: Switching to Dominix
SOLAR FLEET: Switching to Dominix

Literally everyone in 0.0 is flying Ishtars, Dominix or sentry carriers ShockedShockedShocked

but these changes just make the domi MORE POWERFULL relative to its opposition that was nerfed way more

CCP's balance methods are rather perplexing I have to admit.
Tauranon
Weeesearch
CAStabouts
#97 - 2014-01-17 01:17:49 UTC
Rattlesnake, Gila, Navy Dominix ?

ie I see a whole lot of balancing of modules around the two overpowered gallente droneboats.

Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#98 - 2014-01-17 01:23:49 UTC
This'll help the Nestor be more effective- I like that
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#99 - 2014-01-17 01:51:33 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
That's actually a good question... why do we even have scripts in the first place?

I'm guessing because the code can't do it. I don't know of any module type which can change it's active properties by user selection without the use of a charge.

We do have reactive armor hardener doing it on the fly for you so that might mean it is actually possible to get rid of the scripts at some point.
Neverlasting Fear
Oruze Cruise
White Stag Exit Bag
#100 - 2014-01-17 03:53:29 UTC
Fozzie why don't you just add a reload feature to sentries, after firing 5 or 7 times, they have a 40 second reload timer, this is a fair and balanced way of fixing all the problems with sentries without doing a ton of work.