These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Can we do something about the idiots in highsec already CCP?

First post First post
Author
Mashie Saldana
V0LTA
WE FORM V0LTA
#21 - 2013-11-05 11:20:25 UTC
This is strange, I have never been ganked in highsec and my cargohold is most of the time worth it.

Tauranon
Weeesearch
CAStabouts
#22 - 2013-11-05 11:23:40 UTC
I don't think this one will run out anywhere near as much line as the economics thread did.
To Be Me
Doomheim
#23 - 2013-11-05 11:26:01 UTC
Yes you said it right, this is eve online.. Now dont expect it to be rainbow pokemon 2.


And its in the deep roots of eve to fear when you click "connect". You arent supposed to think this is a normal fair game, it is not.


You see ccp permabanned 4 of my accounts for some stupid thing and i didnt cry.

Now go shed your tears away on your moms shoulders


ps: you should also need skills and brains to fit a proper tank in your badger. Same rules applied.

thumbs up if you like :))))

Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#24 - 2013-11-05 11:26:50 UTC
KnowUsByTheDead wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:


I'm not interested in that rubbish. EvE Online is supposed to be a complex game, kills should earned. If you want to roleplay some idiot roleplay then fine, but you should still EARN your kills. Low skill easy kills please **** off and go to play a FPS already.



Actually Ziona, let me lay some logic on you...

This is a sandbox game that is usually regarded as being "cold and harsh."

Now...

Which is more harsh?

A low skill, easy kill...

Or a fight fought heroically...

Hmmmm?

Or let me put it in plainly...

There is no bushido in space. Big smileTwistedRoll

The problem is not the kill, the problem is the risk. Let me explain. I have 2 billion in implants in my head, I'm flying around in Goonsec in a 2 billion isk HAC. Today I had 2.5 billion extra in my hold which I got to high sec. So that's 6.5 billion I'm risking. Today I got a wormhole to high sec to stash the loot in a station. No problems.

However, lets imagine instead I got pinged at a gate by a gank squad of cats. 5 Cats could do it easily in a 0.5

Now I'm risking 6.5 billion and my main and they're risking a couple of disposable alts (and we all know they recycle them) and 2 million isks in ship and fittings. So a crap load of risk for me and literally zero risk for them. Its un-EvE like.

The strong should profit and the weak should not, but the whole thing has turned upside down and the weak scared losers are the ones profiting off the strong. Why? Because we have ****** low skilled ships that cost next to nothing doing HAC damage and no consequences anymore for suiciding.

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#25 - 2013-11-05 11:32:15 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
KnowUsByTheDead wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:


I'm not interested in that rubbish. EvE Online is supposed to be a complex game, kills should earned. If you want to roleplay some idiot roleplay then fine, but you should still EARN your kills. Low skill easy kills please **** off and go to play a FPS already.



Actually Ziona, let me lay some logic on you...

This is a sandbox game that is usually regarded as being "cold and harsh."

Now...

Which is more harsh?

A low skill, easy kill...

Or a fight fought heroically...

Hmmmm?

Or let me put it in plainly...

There is no bushido in space. Big smileTwistedRoll

The problem is not the kill, the problem is the risk. Let me explain. I have 2 billion in implants in my head, I'm flying around in Goonsec in a 2 billion isk HAC. Today I had 2.5 billion extra in my hold which I got to high sec. So that's 6.5 billion I'm risking. Today I got a wormhole to high sec to stash the loot in a station. No problems.

However, lets imagine instead I got pinged at a gate by a gank squad of cats. 5 Cats could do it easily in a 0.5

Now I'm risking 6.5 billion and my main and they're risking a couple of disposable alts (and we all know they recycle them) and 2 million isks in ship and fittings. So a crap load of risk for me and literally zero risk for them. Its un-EvE like.

The strong should profit and the weak should not, but the whole thing has turned upside down and the weak scared losers are the ones profiting off the strong. Why? Because we have ****** low skilled ships that cost next to nothing doing HAC damage and no consequences anymore for suiciding.


So you are crying because some people used teamwork in a multiplayer game to outwit your soloing?

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.

KnowUsByTheDead
Sunlight...Through The Blight.
#26 - 2013-11-05 11:32:36 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:


The problem is not the kill, the problem is the risk. Let me explain. I have 2 billion in implants in my head, I'm flying around in Goonsec in a 2 billion isk HAC. Today I had 2.5 billion extra in my hold which I got to high sec. So that's 6.5 billion I'm risking. Today I got a wormhole to high sec to stash the loot in a station. No problems.

However, lets imagine instead I got pinged at a gate by a gank squad of cats. 5 Cats could do it easily in a 0.5

Now I'm risking 6.5 billion and my main and they're risking a couple of disposable alts (and we all know they recycle them) and 2 million isks in ship and fittings. So a crap load of risk for me and literally zero risk for them. Its un-EvE like.

The strong should profit and the weak should not, but the whole thing has turned upside down and the weak scared losers are the ones profiting off the strong. Why? Because we have ****** low skilled ships that cost next to nothing doing HAC damage and no consequences anymore for suiciding.



So what that there is no risk?

You are getting caught up on the killboard, and isk lost.

You are getting caught up on space pixels.

I fly around in my training pod, every day, down the highway. Who cares? Isk can be remade.

"Isk" is not "EvE." It is the lubricant that "EvE" uses to run smoothly.

Now I feel like you are a bot-aspirant, Ziona.

Are you Code-compliant?

Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Trii Seo
Goonswarm Federation
#27 - 2013-11-05 11:32:59 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
KnowUsByTheDead wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:


I'm not interested in that rubbish. EvE Online is supposed to be a complex game, kills should earned. If you want to roleplay some idiot roleplay then fine, but you should still EARN your kills. Low skill easy kills please **** off and go to play a FPS already.



Actually Ziona, let me lay some logic on you...

This is a sandbox game that is usually regarded as being "cold and harsh."

Now...

Which is more harsh?

A low skill, easy kill...

Or a fight fought heroically...

Hmmmm?

Or let me put it in plainly...

There is no bushido in space. Big smileTwistedRoll

The problem is not the kill, the problem is the risk. Let me explain. I have 2 billion in implants in my head, I'm flying around in Goonsec in a 2 billion isk HAC. Today I had 2.5 billion extra in my hold which I got to high sec. So that's 6.5 billion I'm risking. Today I got a wormhole to high sec to stash the loot in a station. No problems.

However, lets imagine instead I got pinged at a gate by a gank squad of cats. 5 Cats could do it easily in a 0.5

Now I'm risking 6.5 billion and my main and they're risking a couple of disposable alts (and we all know they recycle them) and 2 million isks in ship and fittings. So a crap load of risk for me and literally zero risk for them. Its un-EvE like.

The strong should profit and the weak should not, but the whole thing has turned upside down and the weak scared losers are the ones profiting off the strong. Why? Because we have ****** low skilled ships that cost next to nothing doing HAC damage and no consequences anymore for suiciding.


They need to identify you, find you, catch you and kill you. It takes more skill than you think, it's actually easier to bubble a gate and sit on it.

If you're that scared, adapt and fly cloaked. If you don't and get ganked, well, you're the prey and they'll profit. It's very EVE like that even a low-skilled character can hurt a veteran if the latter is careless.

Proud pilot of the Imperium

Arek'Jaalan: Heliograph

Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#28 - 2013-11-05 11:35:08 UTC
Mashie Saldana wrote:
This is strange, I have never been ganked in highsec and my cargohold is most of the time worth it.


I haven't been ganked either. That's not the point. The point is its too easy, theres no risk and it costs nothing. If you gank there should be a cost, there is not. 2 million is not a cost, its pocket change.

Like I said in another thread on a similiar topic, before destroyers and easy ganking were introduced, it would cost you a battleship to gank, now it costs you a catalyst. That's a 98% reduction in cost. That's too cheap.

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

KnowUsByTheDead
Sunlight...Through The Blight.
#29 - 2013-11-05 11:39:08 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Mashie Saldana wrote:
This is strange, I have never been ganked in highsec and my cargohold is most of the time worth it.


I haven't been ganked either. That's not the point. The point is its too easy, theres no risk and it costs nothing. If you gank there should be a cost, there is not. 2 million is not a cost, its pocket change.

Like I said in another thread on a similiar topic, before destroyers and easy ganking were introduced, it would cost you a battleship to gank, now it costs you a catalyst. That's a 98% reduction in cost. That's too cheap.


Destroyers and Easy Ganking are merely the next evolutionary step after the Large Weapon BC's came out. Because some EFT warrior figured out you could apply the same dps with few handful's of destroyers, as you could with the evolutionary step above it.

It is people developing the sandbox, Ziona.

Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Seven Koskanaiken
Shadow Legions.
#30 - 2013-11-05 11:39:18 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
KnowUsByTheDead wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:


I'm not interested in that rubbish. EvE Online is supposed to be a complex game, kills should earned. If you want to roleplay some idiot roleplay then fine, but you should still EARN your kills. Low skill easy kills please **** off and go to play a FPS already.



Actually Ziona, let me lay some logic on you...

This is a sandbox game that is usually regarded as being "cold and harsh."

Now...

Which is more harsh?

A low skill, easy kill...

Or a fight fought heroically...

Hmmmm?

Or let me put it in plainly...

There is no bushido in space. Big smileTwistedRoll

The problem is not the kill, the problem is the risk. Let me explain. I have 2 billion in implants in my head, I'm flying around in Goonsec in a 2 billion isk HAC. Today I had 2.5 billion extra in my hold which I got to high sec. So that's 6.5 billion I'm risking. Today I got a wormhole to high sec to stash the loot in a station. No problems.

However, lets imagine instead I got pinged at a gate by a gank squad of cats. 5 Cats could do it easily in a 0.5

Now I'm risking 6.5 billion and my main and they're risking a couple of disposable alts (and we all know they recycle them) and 2 million isks in ship and fittings. So a crap load of risk for me and literally zero risk for them. Its un-EvE like.

The strong should profit and the weak should not, but the whole thing has turned upside down and the weak scared losers are the ones profiting off the strong. Why? Because we have ****** low skilled ships that cost next to nothing doing HAC damage and no consequences anymore for suiciding.


MWD cloak through the gates. Fit stabs + inertias. Contract the loot to a courier. Contract the whole ship and travel in a covops.

-_-
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#31 - 2013-11-05 11:41:43 UTC
KnowUsByTheDead wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:


The problem is not the kill, the problem is the risk. Let me explain. I have 2 billion in implants in my head, I'm flying around in Goonsec in a 2 billion isk HAC. Today I had 2.5 billion extra in my hold which I got to high sec. So that's 6.5 billion I'm risking. Today I got a wormhole to high sec to stash the loot in a station. No problems.

However, lets imagine instead I got pinged at a gate by a gank squad of cats. 5 Cats could do it easily in a 0.5

Now I'm risking 6.5 billion and my main and they're risking a couple of disposable alts (and we all know they recycle them) and 2 million isks in ship and fittings. So a crap load of risk for me and literally zero risk for them. Its un-EvE like.

The strong should profit and the weak should not, but the whole thing has turned upside down and the weak scared losers are the ones profiting off the strong. Why? Because we have ****** low skilled ships that cost next to nothing doing HAC damage and no consequences anymore for suiciding.



So what that there is no risk?

You are getting caught up on the killboard, and isk lost.

You are getting caught up on space pixels.

I fly around in my training pod, every day, down the highway. Who cares? Isk can be remade.

"Isk" is not "EvE." It is the lubricant that "EvE" uses to run smoothly.

Now I feel like you are a bot-aspirant, Ziona.

Are you Code-compliant?

No I'm not, I'm training up 8 alts to multi-box with. You know where you can stick your code right? Have a problem come find me and we'll talk about it.

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

Mashie Saldana
V0LTA
WE FORM V0LTA
#32 - 2013-11-05 11:41:48 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Mashie Saldana wrote:
This is strange, I have never been ganked in highsec and my cargohold is most of the time worth it.


I haven't been ganked either. That's not the point. The point is its too easy, theres no risk and it costs nothing. If you gank there should be a cost, there is not. 2 million is not a cost, its pocket change.

Like I said in another thread on a similiar topic, before destroyers and easy ganking were introduced, it would cost you a battleship to gank, now it costs you a catalyst. That's a 98% reduction in cost. That's too cheap.

Maybe we should make it cost ISK to disable the weapon safety for 5 minutes on a ship, say 100m? Lol
Tauranon
Weeesearch
CAStabouts
#33 - 2013-11-05 11:42:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Tauranon
Infinity Ziona wrote:

The problem is not the kill, the problem is the risk. Let me explain. I have 2 billion in implants in my head, I'm flying around in Goonsec in a 2 billion isk HAC. Today I had 2.5 billion extra in my hold which I got to high sec. So that's 6.5 billion I'm risking. Today I got a wormhole to high sec to stash the loot in a station. No problems.

However, lets imagine instead I got pinged at a gate by a gank squad of cats. 5 Cats could do it easily in a 0.5

Now I'm risking 6.5 billion and my main and they're risking a couple of disposable alts (and we all know they recycle them) and 2 million isks in ship and fittings. So a crap load of risk for me and literally zero risk for them. Its un-EvE like.

The strong should profit and the weak should not, but the whole thing has turned upside down and the weak scared losers are the ones profiting off the strong. Why? Because we have ****** low skilled ships that cost next to nothing doing HAC damage and no consequences anymore for suiciding.


You own a proteus alt - and the ziona character herself must also be trivially close to flying one, which is largely invulnerable to a small battleship smartbomb trap through ehp, and can covops nullifier itself (ie move to highsec without requiring a wormhole), and it has a covops cloak for transiting highsec, and due to its potential ehp is highly likely to survive an undock gank attempt or even a horribly unlucky highsec decloaking. (since nobody would have a chance to scan you to figure what you are carrying its extremely unlikely you'd ever cop an organised ganking even if you did get uncloaked by accident).

IMO this is the very last thing a gallente pilot ought to be moaning about, for Tokyo express missions we have the -best- ship.
KnowUsByTheDead
Sunlight...Through The Blight.
#34 - 2013-11-05 11:46:06 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:


No I'm not, I'm training up 8 alts to multi-box with. You know where you can stick your code right? Have a problem come find me and we'll talk about it.



Oh no!!!

8 alts you say?!?!?!?!

That is just...wow. Shocked

Damn, I better just biomass myself, because I just don't know what I could possibly do. Cry

Roll

Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#35 - 2013-11-05 11:48:08 UTC
Every game has it's whiny, entitled, risk averse group that expect to be catered to. At this point in EVE history it's the suicide gankers doing the crying and getting all the perks.

I suspect that like most unbalanced mechanics over the years it will be fixed soon enough.

Mr Epeen Cool
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#36 - 2013-11-05 11:51:23 UTC
Tauranon wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:

The problem is not the kill, the problem is the risk. Let me explain. I have 2 billion in implants in my head, I'm flying around in Goonsec in a 2 billion isk HAC. Today I had 2.5 billion extra in my hold which I got to high sec. So that's 6.5 billion I'm risking. Today I got a wormhole to high sec to stash the loot in a station. No problems.

However, lets imagine instead I got pinged at a gate by a gank squad of cats. 5 Cats could do it easily in a 0.5

Now I'm risking 6.5 billion and my main and they're risking a couple of disposable alts (and we all know they recycle them) and 2 million isks in ship and fittings. So a crap load of risk for me and literally zero risk for them. Its un-EvE like.

The strong should profit and the weak should not, but the whole thing has turned upside down and the weak scared losers are the ones profiting off the strong. Why? Because we have ****** low skilled ships that cost next to nothing doing HAC damage and no consequences anymore for suiciding.


You own a proteus alt - and the ziona character herself must also be trivially close to flying one, which is largely invulnerable to a small battleship smartbomb trap through ehp, and can covops nullifier itself (ie move to highsec without requiring a wormhole), and it has a covops cloak for transiting highsec, and due to its potential ehp is highly likely to survive an undock gank attempt or even a horribly unlucky highsec decloaking. (since nobody would have a chance to scan you to figure what you are carrying its extremely unlikely you'd ever cop an organised ganking even if you did get uncloaked by accident).

IMO this is the very last thing a gallente pilot ought to be moaning about, for Tokyo express missions we have the -best- ship.

Holy crap. I'm not in the least worried about myself The likelihood of me getting ganked is about 0. If a CFC kills me I'll congratulate them, get another ship and go back out there. They are at least attack-able and kill-able. They are taking risks. They deserve the kill. The point that you all seem to be missing with your "eve is not supposed to be safe" crap is that that is exactly what it is for the gankers. 100% SAFE, no risk, no effort, nothing. Quick biomass and you're all fresh to start over.

That's what I'm saying. It should not be zero risk to gank but it currently is. That's whats wrong. Everyone else is risking except the gankers.

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

Athena Maldoran
Doomheim
#37 - 2013-11-05 11:52:21 UTC
with the amount of tears this person provides on the forum, even I want to gank him :D
Mythrandier
Solace Corp
#38 - 2013-11-05 11:52:46 UTC

Infinity Ziona wrote:

The strong should profit and the weak should not, but the whole thing has turned upside down and the weak scared losers are the ones profiting off the strong. Why? Because we have ****** low skilled ships that cost next to nothing doing HAC damage and no consequences anymore for suiciding.


See this is the problem. You went into this assuming you were the “strong” element of this argument.
A gang (I.E multiple people working together, it IS an MMO after all) are always going to win. No matter how much ISK you are flying, you will get out played if they bring friends and you don’t.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -  D. Adams.

CMD Ishikawa
New Eden Public Security Section 9
#39 - 2013-11-05 11:54:32 UTC
"2.5 bill on my HAC cargo hold"
"The strong should profit and the weak should not"

Someone please gank her as soon as possible, thanks ...
Seven Koskanaiken
Shadow Legions.
#40 - 2013-11-05 11:56:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Seven Koskanaiken
CMD Ishikawa wrote:
"2.5 bill on my HAC cargo hold"
"The strong should profit and the weak should not"

Someone please gank her as soon as possible, thanks ...


Isn't it just? It's like a snob parking their Ferrari on a council estate then complaining that how dare the weak untermensch steal it. Roll