These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Announcement regarding rewards and prizes to fansites and third-party contributors

First post First post First post
Author
Dark Magni
The Church of Awesome
#1581 - 2013-12-02 08:49:55 UTC
is this some kind of joke?
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#1582 - 2013-12-02 08:50:55 UTC
I feel like Ive just had my stomach pumped

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Abrazzar
Vardaugas Family
#1583 - 2013-12-02 09:19:34 UTC
Dark Magni wrote:
is this some kind of joke?

If it is, it's not funny.
TheGunslinger42
All Web Investigations
#1584 - 2013-12-02 12:03:54 UTC
It's ok the ISD are here to clean the place up.

heh

heh

heh
Brendan Anneto
Gladiators of Rage
Fraternity.
#1585 - 2013-12-02 12:58:43 UTC
Forlorn Wongraven wrote:
Jealous people killing a reward that CCP gives out to people who support the community. As far as the first somer lottery was concerned this was a mistake and CCP actually fixed it.

Also thanks, Guard!

Somer Blink does't support the community. They are a Third-Party for profit organisation that was created for the sole purpose of fattening their wallets. all they are is a gambling site. They do not support the community in any way shape or form, except by heping people blow their isk.

I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your terror comes, When your terror comes like a storm, And your destruction comes like a whirlwind, When distress and anguish come upon you.   Proverbs 1:26-27

RAW23
#1586 - 2013-12-02 13:01:06 UTC
Isn't that Stratios that's been discussed on the last few pages just the same one that was the new prize after the Guardian Vexors etc were cancelled? If so, then why does anyone think CCP has 'unpaused' the declared pause in the rewards programme?

There are two types of EVE player:

those who believe there are two types of EVE player and those who do not.

Mra Rednu
Oyonata Gate Defence Force.
#1587 - 2013-12-02 16:24:23 UTC
Brendan Anneto wrote:
Forlorn Wongraven wrote:
Jealous people killing a reward that CCP gives out to people who support the community. As far as the first somer lottery was concerned this was a mistake and CCP actually fixed it.

Also thanks, Guard!

Somer Blink does't support the community. They are a Third-Party for profit organisation that was created for the sole purpose of fattening their wallets. all they are is a gambling site. They do not support the community in any way shape or form, except by heping people blow their isk.

This, yet CCP is blind to it either intentionally or through stupidity.
Kate stark
#1588 - 2013-12-02 18:28:40 UTC
ISD Ezwal wrote:
If you are perceiving a problem with ISD behaviour on the forum or are disagreeing with the way (your) posts are being moderated, please feel free to read the CCP policies and follow the procedure found under the header 'Complaints'.

not to be rude, but you ISDs are irrelevant.

we're unable to get an answer to a worth while issue, do you really think you're relevant enough for ccp to investigate if we do have an issue with your moderation?

if you answered yes; stop kidding yourself.

Yay, this account hasn't had its signature banned. or its account, if you're reading this.

Octoven
Stellar Production
#1589 - 2013-12-03 05:07:47 UTC
CCP Guard wrote:

For the time being we are pausing all plans for rare in-game rewards to select third party contributors. We want to carefully consider your feedback and determine what our framework should be and what improvements to the level of transparency are needed so that the rewards program serves its intended purpose of making the EVE Universe a better place. We’ll also make prizes and rewards a summit topic when the CSM visits us this winter, as well as consult with them until that time. Some of this work has already started, and the result will be a formalized and transparent framework for everything related to supporting all types of fansites and third-party community services. We aim to circulate our initial design to the CSM in the next few days, and you should see a dev blog in a few weeks.

That’s it for now, let us know your thoughts.

I take it CCP has unpaused the plans for rare in-game rewards to select third party contributors. The worst bit is the Stratios Emergency Responder should never have been given out to these parties. The Ishukone Watch Scorpions at least were re-skined with worst stats than any other scorpions. The Strat Emergency Reponder has nearly twice better stats. So I have a few questions here.

Why was the way to obtain these ships not revealed to the player base prior to them being put in game?
Why are select players being given ships that exceed the stats of the ship for which it is based off of?

I believe giving certain players stuff that is free and unique is fine but it must NOT be better than an item for which you can get in game by working at it. The emergency responder is better than the stratios and to be frank here that is a bit of an insult to the community. As I stated, if you wish to give somer blink or any other site rare-in game ships that are re-skinned that is fine with me; however, I have issue with the fact its stats are better. The stats on the Emergency Responder need to be adjusted to match those of the standard Stratios.
Kate stark
#1590 - 2013-12-03 06:23:46 UTC
Octoven wrote:
CCP Guard wrote:

For the time being we are pausing all plans for rare in-game rewards to select third party contributors. We want to carefully consider your feedback and determine what our framework should be and what improvements to the level of transparency are needed so that the rewards program serves its intended purpose of making the EVE Universe a better place. We’ll also make prizes and rewards a summit topic when the CSM visits us this winter, as well as consult with them until that time. Some of this work has already started, and the result will be a formalized and transparent framework for everything related to supporting all types of fansites and third-party community services. We aim to circulate our initial design to the CSM in the next few days, and you should see a dev blog in a few weeks.

That’s it for now, let us know your thoughts.

I take it CCP has unpaused the plans for rare in-game rewards to select third party contributors. The worst bit is the Stratios Emergency Responder should never have been given out to these parties. The Ishukone Watch Scorpions at least were re-skined with worst stats than any other scorpions. The Strat Emergency Reponder has nearly twice better stats. So I have a few questions here.

Why was the way to obtain these ships not revealed to the player base prior to them being put in game?
Why are select players being given ships that exceed the stats of the ship for which it is based off of?

I believe giving certain players stuff that is free and unique is fine but it must NOT be better than an item for which you can get in game by working at it. The emergency responder is better than the stratios and to be frank here that is a bit of an insult to the community. As I stated, if you wish to give somer blink or any other site rare-in game ships that are re-skinned that is fine with me; however, I have issue with the fact its stats are better. The stats on the Emergency Responder need to be adjusted to match those of the standard Stratios.

before it was deleted we discussed this; the more likely outcome is that somer were not one of the "select third party contributors" subject to the pause.

Yay, this account hasn't had its signature banned. or its account, if you're reading this.

TheGunslinger42
All Web Investigations
#1591 - 2013-12-03 10:17:02 UTC
So CCP are already back on the "handing out special shinies to people they like" kick?

After months of desperately ignoring the outcry from the last time it happened, they do it right again

hahahahahaha
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#1592 - 2013-12-03 10:21:12 UTC
TheGunslinger42 wrote:
So CCP are already back on the "handing out special shinies to people they like" kick?

After months of desperately ignoring the outcry from the last time it happened, they do it right again

hahahahahaha

Last year would like to hear your comments

Please write to them at

Old Hat
Po Box 1998
The Heap
Boring OldTwaddle
Getwiththeprogrammeshire
C1 1PP

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Dark Magni
The Church of Awesome
#1593 - 2013-12-03 11:09:35 UTC
Strat Emergency Reponder ....

What?
Tina Tin Tits
Doomheim
#1594 - 2013-12-03 13:56:40 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
TheGunslinger42 wrote:

hahahahahaha

Last year would like to hear your comments

Please write to them at

Old Hat
Po Box 1998
The Heap
Boring OldTwaddle
Getwiththeprogrammeshire
C1 1PP

Which is sadder?

Coming here to complain about CCP's behaviour which annoys you?
Or coming here because you dont care to complain about people who do care?

Whilst I dont care enough to quit playing, it has annoyed me enough to rationalise and close some accounts.
This character is now sold, and its account closed.
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#1595 - 2013-12-03 14:01:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Ramona McCandless
Tina Tin **** wrote:

Which is sadder?

Coming here to complain about CCP's behaviour which annoys you?
Or coming here because you dont care to complain about people who do care?

Whilst I dont care enough to quit playing, it has annoyed me enough to rationalise and close some accounts.
This character is now sold, and its account closed.

Option 3

Thinking you know whats being talked about when you clearly dont, then commenting and saying "neener neener neener you can hurt me because I care so little I sold this toon" like anyone gives a stuff

Oh and suggesting that theres anything in spaceship pixels game that isnt sad anyway

Ruskarn Andedare
Lion Investments
#1596 - 2013-12-03 14:05:47 UTC
Wasn't the Emergency Responder the version that CCP provided for the Somer EVE Vegas lottery to replace the unique ships they were about to make non-unique?

i.e. nothing new, we discussed this ages ago, as Ramona was trying to point out but the subtlety was too much for a few people
Tina Tin Tits
Doomheim
#1597 - 2013-12-03 14:40:41 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
[quote=Tina Tin ****]

Thinking you know whats being talked about when you clearly dont, then commenting and saying "neener neener neener you can hurt me because I care so little I sold this toon" like anyone gives a stuff

I suggest you read what i said again, because you clearly failed to comprehend it.
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#1598 - 2013-12-03 14:45:34 UTC
Tina Tin **** wrote:

I suggest you read what i said again, because you clearly failed to comprehend it.

Same back with knobs on

Kate stark
#1599 - 2013-12-03 18:30:31 UTC
Ruskarn Andedare wrote:
Wasn't the Emergency Responder the version that CCP provided for the Somer EVE Vegas lottery to replace the unique ships they were about to make non-unique?

i.e. nothing new, we discussed this ages ago, as Ramona was trying to point out but the subtlety was too much for a few people

no idea.

i know, ccp could reply to the thread and tell us!

Dark Magni
The Church of Awesome
#1600 - 2013-12-04 10:43:55 UTC
Dear CCP,

What is the new policy with respect to CCP giveaways?

In addition what is CCP's position with respect to the claims that Somer has received unfair favouritism?

I put these questions simply, and I think politely. I do not see why a reply would not be appropriate.

Dark