These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Announcement regarding rewards and prizes to fansites and third-party contributors

First post First post First post
Author
Kate stark
#1381 - 2013-11-08 22:14:46 UTC
Is it safe to say that this thread is now a monologue rather than the dialogue we hoped it would be?

Yay, this account hasn't had its signature banned. or its account, if you're reading this.

Frying Doom
#1382 - 2013-11-08 22:24:07 UTC
Kate stark wrote:
Is it safe to say that this thread is now a monologue rather than the dialogue we hoped it would be?

Maybe someone should send CCP a dictionary with that word highlighted.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Kate stark
#1383 - 2013-11-08 22:26:06 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
Kate stark wrote:

Maybe someone should send CCP a dictionary with that word highlighted.

I feel like that would be akin to sending a starving man a book by Delia Smith.

Yay, this account hasn't had its signature banned. or its account, if you're reading this.

The Legendary Soldier
United.
#1384 - 2013-11-09 00:08:24 UTC

If I had ignored angry customers this long, I would now be looking for a new job....Evil

Need to place a high-sec POS? Premade corps for sale, or your corps standings boosted. Trading since January 2012. Many corps sold/boosted - see my thread: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=63128&find=unread

DNSBLACK
Dirt Nap Squad
#1385 - 2013-11-10 06:32:57 UTC
The longer we stew the more you tend to **** us off. The sad part is you know you have no right answer to this and it is either save you friend somer who paid for your free trip to vegas or save the sand box. I guess after the last live event and how f!@# up it was you are leaning towards letting somer off the hook. To bad you could have done so much more. Hey the rubicon funny video was a winner and a waste of my time. Give an answer please.
Skeito
Quay Industries
#1386 - 2013-11-10 11:01:57 UTC
After getting a subs running out mail and contacting them saying why my sub was been left to run out, I was interested in the reply that I got back from a GM which basically said that from now on, these incentives offered by Somer are not exactly illegal/outlawed/call it what you will, more a case of you now need CCP permission to be able to do it.

I just find that strange and very worrying and am hoping that the GM just had a bad day doing petitions and just worded it wrongly.
Skeito
Quay Industries
#1387 - 2013-11-10 11:04:39 UTC
Argus Sorn wrote:
So they stopped but are still tracking data for "future bonuses".

No one can stop the data tracking of course, but this just makes it sound like they are planning to try and subvert the EULA via a loophole or something.

Personally, I think people should support all of the other lotteries out there that stopped the bonus activity immediately. Competition is good and these lotteries are more deserving of your business.

Why not set up a third party website, where lottery/gambling sites register a their api keys and certain financial data is made public to the community? A watchdog site?

as per my previous post, it seems as though if you ask for CCP permission to do this, it may be allowed in the future.
The Legendary Soldier
United.
#1388 - 2013-11-10 13:05:42 UTC  |  Edited by: The Legendary Soldier
Argus Sorn wrote:

Why not set up a third party website, where lottery/gambling sites register a their api keys and certain financial data is made public to the community? A watchdog site?

Although there is a question of honesty, that is not the biggest question.

ALL lotteries make money - whether honest or not.

WHERE DOES THE ISK GO?

It seemed clear that CCP were not going to do the right thing because it was right.

Only a lot of bad publicity, or mass un-subscriptions would force them.

Sadly most people don't understand how this affects them, so there is not enough force.
At least now, we know we are dealing with an entity that has no integrity, and can be bought at the right price.

Need to place a high-sec POS? Premade corps for sale, or your corps standings boosted. Trading since January 2012. Many corps sold/boosted - see my thread: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=63128&find=unread

Frying Doom
#1389 - 2013-11-10 20:53:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Frying Doom
I see CCP still has not responded and is back to removing things it does not like from the forums.

And now we have GMs interfering because of DUST players.

EvE Online, so hardcore it comes with a free stuffed animal.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Deka Ekato
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#1390 - 2013-11-11 03:26:30 UTC
Originally posted on 16/10/2013, Post 714,

Deka Ekato wrote:
CCP / CSM,

"In regards to the CSM / CCP survey"

- Have you addressed the issues? A : No. You have only addressed your own business concerns.
- Do you know what the issues are? It seems you are turning a blind eye, ignoring your customers. Just for a few, ( hell, alot ) dollars more
- This is the best course of action you can come up with in trying to fix this issue? ( I don't think you are trying to fix anything at all )

Sad, pathetic and disgusting. You are absolutely ######### on your customers. ( You can use any "mean" word to fill in the blank )

Somer, CCP's proxy Aurum store.
Brought to you by "Greed is Good" and Somer Blink, ( wearing his designer jeans and monocle, and a wide smile ) Sad

- Seriously CCP, how many working days do you need to formulate a response to your customer concerns regarding Somer?
- Are you ever going to give an answer to these concerns?

- The so called "survey" as mentioned by your proxy PR Department, ( the CSM ), is not an answer, nor is it in any way a way to solve the issues.

Has CCP reached the point where they don't want customers, they just simply want your money?

Hey CSM members, where the hell are you??????????????

CCP, IMO, you no longer have any integrity.
Anya Klibor
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#1391 - 2013-11-11 06:12:17 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
I see CCP still has not responded and is back to removing things it does not like from the forums.

Wait, where's my stuffed animal?

WHERE THE F*** IS MY STUFFED ANIMAL CCP?!

Leadership is something you learn. Maybe one day, you'll learn that.

Frying Doom
#1392 - 2013-11-11 10:32:32 UTC
Anya Klibor wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:

Wait, where's my stuffed animal?

WHERE THE F*** IS MY STUFFED ANIMAL CCP?!

You just have to petition CCP

They get out everything these days

Skill Points, the ability to run a business, everything. Including stuffed animalsLol

Artemis Ellery Sazas
Shock and Awe Inc.
#1393 - 2013-11-11 12:00:05 UTC
This has been a disgrace from the start. What a horrible way to run a business. Change the rules as you go and refuse any real communication with your clients. Has the CSM given a reason why they are not holding CCP's feet to the fire? Where are all the CSM members and why haven't we heard anything from them either? Either they have no real influence with CCP or they are a bit too cozy with them. Would be nice to hear some input and regular updates from the CSM members concerning this matter. What does CSM stand for again?

If the player base really wants to get CCP's attention, start boycotting live events, in game events and start dropping accounts. They will crumble when enough pressure is applied and their egos get bruised enough. Right now they don't give a **** about the average player and that needs to change.

I have already dropped half my accounts and more will be dropped shortly.

No, you can't have all my stuff, but thanks for asking.
Kate stark
#1394 - 2013-11-11 20:25:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Kate stark
If ccp can't even be arsed to post in this thread, i can't be arsed to construct a proper post to point out that we're still being ignored and they're clearly full of **** and don't care about the topic.

you can always forgive a **** up if it's dealt with, but just ignoring pretty much all of the feedback when there has been over 140 pages from 2 threads alone is just a joke.

thowlimer
Roprocor Ltd
#1395 - 2013-11-11 20:33:59 UTC
Unless my memory has gone completely soggy over the last weeks it seems something fishy is going on behind the scenes
if you check the https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=275730&find=unread (list of blogs etc in information portal)
I cant see any community spotlight link for Somer in there and i could have sworn CCP made one of those earlier ...

*tinfoil hat off*

thowlimer
Abditus Cularius
Clancularius Industries
#1396 - 2013-11-12 00:27:43 UTC
thowlimer wrote:
Unless my memory has gone completely soggy over the last weeks

I'm betting it sucked from the start.

That list summarizes 2013. The post you're thinking of was in 2012

thowlimer
Roprocor Ltd
#1397 - 2013-11-12 06:34:27 UTC
Abditus Cularius wrote:
thowlimer wrote:
Unless my memory has gone completely soggy over the last weeks

I'm betting it sucked from the start.

That list summarizes 2013. The post you're thinking of was in 2012

so at leat the memory was 10/10, google search skills 0/10 tho Oops
The Legendary Soldier
United.
#1398 - 2013-11-12 10:24:13 UTC
thowlimer wrote:
Unless my memory has gone completely soggy over the last weeks it seems something fishy is going on behind the scenes
if you check the https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=275730&find=unread (list of blogs etc in information portal)
I cant see any community spotlight link for Somer in there and i could have sworn CCP made one of those earlier ...

*tinfoil hat off*

thowlimer

Were you thinking of this?

http://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/world-news/somer-blink-celebrates-900-trillion-isk-in-prizes-2/

Argus Sorn
Star Frontiers
Brotherhood of Spacers
#1399 - 2013-11-12 23:03:22 UTC
No word yet eh?

I find that little bit about SOMER still tracking purchases for "future rewards" a little fishy. And no I am not insisting that they plan to violate the EULA in the future.

What they are doing, is making people believe that there will be in game rewards to be had in the future, so that they buy isk from them. This is dishonest and manipulative marketing.

CCP should just flat out say that GTC's must resell at a price of x with no promises of possible rewards, in game or otherwise. It is pretty apparent that the GTC sellers are not allowed to undersell each other, and so why should their referral agents be allowed to promise special bonuses?

All in CCP's hands now I suppose. I suppose all I can do is just laugh at the poor fools who continue to throw SOMER their RL cash in the secret hopes of being thrown an isk bone.
Dark Magni
The Church of Awesome
#1400 - 2013-11-12 23:44:16 UTC
This whole thing must be hilarious for Somer, he has totally got CCP under his thumb and jumping through loops for him.

I mean, if anyone has won eve, it is Somer, frankly.