These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Announcement regarding rewards and prizes to fansites and third-party contributors

First post First post First post
Author
RAW23
#1281 - 2013-10-30 17:36:52 UTC
TheGunslinger42 wrote:

Long story short: somer alt / shill.

The IWS is not "vanity trash" because it is worth the price of a supercap as a result of it's rarity/special nature. It doesn't have to *do* something to be worth a lot. A gold nugget doesn't *do* much but it's still worth a chunk of money.

Here is a Somer employee selling their 'vanity trash' for nearly 20 billion isk 9 days after CCP gifted them.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=273452

The IWS might be vanity trash but it is exceedingly valuable vanity trash and CCP's gifts were worth c. 600 billion at market value.

There are two types of EVE player:

those who believe there are two types of EVE player and those who do not.

Kate stark
#1282 - 2013-10-30 19:17:33 UTC
RAW23 wrote:
TheGunslinger42 wrote:

The IWS is not "vanity trash" because it is worth the price of a supercap as a result of it's rarity/special nature. It doesn't have to *do* something to be worth a lot. A gold nugget doesn't *do* much but it's still worth a chunk of money.

Here is a Somer employee selling their 'vanity trash' for nearly 20 billion isk 9 days after CCP gifted them.

The IWS might be vanity trash but it is exceedingly valuable vanity trash and CCP's gifts were worth c. 600 billion at market value.

imagine the outcry if goons were just gifted 600bn isk from thin air.

Yay, this account hasn't had its signature banned. or its account, if you're reading this.

Argus Sorn
Star Frontiers
Brotherhood of Spacers
#1283 - 2013-10-30 20:55:56 UTC
Kate stark wrote:
RAW23 wrote:
TheGunslinger42 wrote:

imagine the outcry if goons were just gifted 600bn isk from thin air.

Goons have created more content and enjoyment for me than SOMERblink ever will.

They can have a few ishy scorps as far as I am concerned.

Better yet - give the scorps to Test Alliance, they've given me even more hours of enjoyment than the Goons and lord knows they need the help right now.
raven666wings
Cyber Chaos Crew
#1284 - 2013-10-31 05:08:04 UTC  |  Edited by: raven666wings
DNSBlack's thread got locked with a derp post:

CCP Eterne wrote:
I am locking this as trading any in-game goods in exchange for ISK, even through ETC reselling or the like.

??? Lol

English translation : I am locking this as only Somer Blink can RMT.
Kate stark
#1285 - 2013-10-31 06:22:41 UTC
raven666wings wrote:
DNSBlack's thread got locked with a derp post:

CCP Eterne wrote:
I am locking this as trading any in-game goods in exchange for ISK, even through ETC reselling or the like.

??? Lol

English translation : I am locking this as only Somer Blink can RMT.

alternatively "i'm locking this thread because i don't know what's going on and i can't find 2 irrelevant threads to redirect you to".

nothing against CCP eterne but his reasons for locking threads related to this whole debacle have had the most hilarious and obscure reasons i've ever seen in all of my years of shitposting on forums.

Yay, this account hasn't had its signature banned. or its account, if you're reading this.

Kestler Jagrafess
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1286 - 2013-10-31 07:32:16 UTC
For those of you who think I'm a Somer alt or a shill.. get burnt. I honestly couldn't care less if they get shut down tomorrow. The big picture is everyone wants to cry about them getting stuff. CCP gave them something that was meant to be given away. If you're dumb enough to pay the price of a supercap for something they've said there will be more of that's your problem. Market value in this game is decided by the players. If something is stupid expensive it's because someone will pay that, not because it's worth it.
TheGunslinger42
All Web Investigations
#1287 - 2013-10-31 09:26:15 UTC
Kestler Jagrafess wrote:
For those of you who think I'm a Somer alt or a shill.. get burnt. I honestly couldn't care less if they get shut down tomorrow. The big picture is everyone wants to cry about them getting stuff. CCP gave them something that was meant to be given away. If you're dumb enough to pay the price of a supercap for something they've said there will be more of that's your problem. Market value in this game is decided by the players. If something is stupid expensive it's because someone will pay that, not because it's worth it.

It's funny you should call other people "dumb" when you're the one who appears incapable of understanding why this is an issue. Stating "the big picture is everyone wants to cry about them getting stuff" is either laughably wrong or you're deliberately constructing a strawman to attack.

That is not the big picture, that's not why people are bothered.

Learn some basic reading comprehension and understand the arguments before ranting against things no one is saying.
Shai 'Hulud
#1288 - 2013-10-31 10:51:06 UTC
Kestler Jagrafess wrote:

RAW23 wrote:
TheGunslinger42 wrote:

If we are going to talk specific values, let's get it right...

SOMER was gifted up to 5 trillion ISK, in total (that we know of).

The most useful slaves are those that believe themselves to be free

Kate stark
#1289 - 2013-10-31 19:12:44 UTC
Kestler Jagrafess wrote:

actually no, the issue is that ccp are handing out large amounts of high value assets spawned from thin air to select groups of players without any form of control other than "we think it's cool". does it really need to be explained why producing high value assets out of thin air is a bad idea (before we even get on to the lack of governing criteria)?
it was simply a dumb, reckless, and irresponsible way to reward somer.

also if it's expensive because some one will pay it, then it is worth it... that's pretty much how it's defined. an items i only ever worth as much as some one is willing to pay for it.

Dark Magni
The Church of Awesome
#1290 - 2013-10-31 20:47:06 UTC
@ CCP

What action have you planned to resolve our concerns?

Alternatively when can we expect a statement?
Frying Doom
#1291 - 2013-10-31 22:00:27 UTC
Dark Magni wrote:

Example on-line Survey

1. How would you like us to tell you we will never issue a statement.

a) I am sorry what concerns?
b) We will tell you when hell freezes over.
c) We aint telling you squat, it is out game not yours.
d) Please Submit a petition so we can promptly tell you to get bent and then ban you if you share that with anyone else.
e) Have you considered buying GTC via Somer Blink, this may help to relieve your frustrations.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

The Legendary Soldier
United.
#1292 - 2013-10-31 22:23:53 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:

b) We will tell you when hell freezes over.

Funnily enough, that was exactly what I was thinking.

Need to place a high-sec POS? Premade corps for sale, or your corps standings boosted. Trading since January 2012. Many corps sold/boosted - see my thread: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=63128&find=unread

Ace Boogi
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#1293 - 2013-11-01 03:42:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Ace Boogi
[03:37:23] Firebat2 > according to http://evenews24.com/2013/10/29/somer-blinks-bonus-gets-closed-down/ we can no longer get bonus isk. yet the blink site is still advertising it, what gives?

[03:38:19] Sara Utama > so they are upping the ante for those 10 days.. possibly kicking the hornets nest, or possibly just paying for a ton of server time while they can

[03:38:50] Andre Ox > We spoke to CCP this morning - there's some annoying people that were trying to exploit the program some fansites (us included) used for years now, but for evil purpose. So they're changing policy, and asked us to close out the bonus after the 7th :)

[03:39:58] Andre Ox > The people who get nuked from orbit are the ones who just make up their own interpretations of things then leap into action without asking any questions. :p

(apparently Markee is sold out now)

[03:41:10] Andre Ox > Fire - They're planning to stock heavy, so they shouldn't run out again tomorrow :)

[03:42:20] Angie Munoz > So out of curiosity if you guys became a resellers and cut MD out of the loop and gave the bonus still would that be against rules?

[03:42:43] Angie Munoz > at that point you are just a reseller promoting a business i would think

[03:42:46] Andre Ox > Angie - The letter of the law? Probably not. But it'd definitely be wizzing all over the spirit of the law, and we'd rather not do that to CCP.

[04:10:11] Icarus Narcissus > I've gotten 12 GTCs in the past 3 days and now this :P

[04:16:43] Cain Atticus > but will the promotion stay?

[04:16:49] Sohlstyss Mahm > yes, until the 7th of November

[04:16:54] Andrev Nox > Yeah, they're out of stock at the moment. But they restock in the morning, and the 1b bonus promotion lasts through the 7th :)

[04:18:48] Xeator > kinda bummed that i bought gtc the day before this 1b credit offer :<

[04:19:04] Xeator > only 200m :'(

[04:19:22] Vadol > thats 200m more than you would get on teh 8th

[04:19:28] Brandon MH > I won a plex with my 200m credit, so I'm pretty happy with that return.

[04:20:10] Mhari Dson > I've never bought a GTC but I think I'm about to work one into my budget

[04:21:37] Andrev Nox > Xeator, Brandon - I backdated the credit on your GTC bonuses for you now :)

[04:22:00] Brandon MH > seriously?? wow. that is completely unnecessary.

[04:22:03] Xeator > omg, youre the best :D

---

so they're basically thumbing their nose at the community while laughing their way to the bank and playing their protection under CCP til literally the last possible minute.
Frying Doom
#1294 - 2013-11-01 04:14:10 UTC
With Somer Blink increasing their bonus to 1 Billion isk, it just shows how much of a community based service they really are.

Every other site has closed their bonus, Somer has increased theirs to maximize their profits while they can.

They will probably up it again in a few days to squeeze every last dollar out of this community.

With behavior like this CCP might has well have done a spotlight on a loan shark.

What ever credibility CCP had is being fire saled off by Somer.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Ace Boogi
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#1295 - 2013-11-01 04:27:47 UTC
their customers know that the credit is isk, and that it's for them to cash out free ****. all the arguments that it isn't RMT fall flat on their face. Andrev Nox is even backdating GTC purchases and giving retroactive credit to fuel more sales. they really are acting shamelessly, because they have no fear of repercussions.
Frying Doom
#1296 - 2013-11-01 05:09:45 UTC
"Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive"
--Sir Walter Scott

Ace Boogi
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#1297 - 2013-11-01 05:16:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Ace Boogi
[05:10:35] augie bendoggy > i know there has been alot of "grey area " discussion.. but really.. if it makes people buy more plexs from ccp.. what do they have to complain about

[05:11:44] Andrev Nox > Augie - it wasn't ever a grey area. Years ago, when we started it, we got CCP's blessing, up and down the chain, before a single GTC was bonused :)

[05:11:46] Andrev Nox > The problem comes from a few problem children who screamed "how high" after Mittens said "jump," who were abusing the system that's been in place for dozens of sites for years. So they had to change policy to shut down the malicious players.

---

in case you're getting ready to delete these, ISD. don't worry. i've been screenshotting everything as well :) if you have to, i would ask that out of consideration you just edit the logs out instead, as i will just repost them in in-game screenshot form anways.

looks like we got an answer. CCP approved of this RMT up and down the chain.

yet for some reason they threatened everyone else with bans. because using the same system Somer does is abuse... or something.

and apparently asking for fairness and equal enforcement of the EULA makes you a problem child and malicious.
Kate stark
#1298 - 2013-11-01 06:28:12 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
With Somer Blink increasing their bonus to 1 Billion isk, it just shows how much of a community based service they really are.

Every other site has closed their bonus, Somer has increased theirs to maximize their profits while they can.

They will probably up it again in a few days to squeeze every last dollar out of this community.

With behavior like this CCP might has well have done a spotlight on a loan shark.

as if we wouldn't do any differently.

this is eve. this is also why ccp should have set up some kind of system and guidelines before going ahead with this dumb idea that has clearly just backfired spectacularly.

Frying Doom
#1299 - 2013-11-01 06:54:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Frying Doom
Kate stark wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:

as if we wouldn't do any differently.

this is eve. this is also why ccp should have set up some kind of system and guidelines before going ahead with this dumb idea that has clearly just backfired spectacularly.

It would depend on my perspective.

If I was doing it for the cash, then hell yeah I would make as much as I can before my gravy train ran out.

If I was a community site and I had set the site up for the community and not for myself, then I would take down the bonus immediately, as I had been informed that my actions were viewed in a bad light and were hurting the community I had set the site up for in the first place.

But CCP really should have set up properly guide lines and altered the EULA so it was an equal field for all, before they allowed this in the first place.

raven666wings
Cyber Chaos Crew
#1300 - 2013-11-01 07:16:00 UTC  |  Edited by: raven666wings
TheGunslinger42 wrote:
Kestler Jagrafess wrote:

It's funny you should call other people "dumb" when you're the one who appears incapable of understanding why this is an issue. Stating "the big picture is everyone wants to cry about them getting stuff" is either laughably wrong or you're deliberately constructing a strawman to attack.

That is not the big picture, that's not why people are bothered.

Learn some basic reading comprehension and understand the arguments before ranting against things no one is saying.

He claims he isn't a Somer shill, would he be a CCP one? Roll Definitely learning the trade somewhere.

Dark Magni wrote:
@ CCP

What action have you planned to resolve our concerns?

Don't expect them to state the truth. It would imply that they would lose their jobs like in T20. All they will give you is a testament-sized fallacy made of their own fabricated questions and answers.

Attention EVE Crowd, I will now Control the rumors in these Productions.

Q1: Why do we spawn isk for Somer Blink and let them RMT?

A1: Because it's good for the community.

I know you might not agree but we at CCP cannot make everyone happy.

There is only one way to fix the issue and the best you can do to make it happen is to stop giving them money.