These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Announcement regarding rewards and prizes to fansites and third-party contributors

First post First post First post
Author
Slappy Andven
Gildinous Vangaurd
The Initiative.
#1261 - 2013-10-29 17:09:07 UTC
Ace Boogi wrote:
but you might wanna watch your recruitment for the next couple months, because now i may be putting a couple of awoxer toons in for when the time is just right Twisted

Come at me, Bro. Pirate

-- 

Slappy Andven

CEO Natural Born Killas

Ace Boogi
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#1262 - 2013-10-29 17:10:04 UTC
Slappy Andven wrote:
Ace Boogi wrote:
but you might wanna watch your recruitment for the next couple months, because now i may be putting a couple of awoxer toons in for when the time is just right Twisted

Come at me, Bro. Pirate

i assume you have a rorqual or two to aid you in your carrier construction endeavors. might wanna make sure you watch them carefully Twisted
Slappy Andven
Gildinous Vangaurd
The Initiative.
#1263 - 2013-10-29 17:13:43 UTC
Ace Boogi wrote:
i assume you have a rorqual or two to aid you in your carrier construction endeavors. might wanna make sure you watch them carefully Twisted

Well, you know what they say about assumptions. Big smile

Anyway, If you're done waving your E-Peen, I'm in favor of anything that generates good game content.

-- 

Slappy Andven

CEO Natural Born Killas

Ace Boogi
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#1264 - 2013-10-29 17:16:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Ace Boogi
Slappy Andven wrote:
Ace Boogi wrote:

Anyway, If you're done waving your E-Peen, I'm in favor of anything that generates good game content.

i agree, any and all content is welcome.

i am happy that you took it sportingly instead of with tears.

and tbh i (probably) won't actually do it, because i'm too damn lazy to undock Lol
Slappy Andven
Gildinous Vangaurd
The Initiative.
#1265 - 2013-10-29 17:19:59 UTC
Ace Boogi wrote:
Slappy Andven wrote:
Ace Boogi wrote:

me too, and yes, i'm actually too lazy to do any of that **** Lol so i (probably) won't. but i am happy that you took it sportingly instead of with tears.

See? That right there is one of the things I absolutely love about this game. It shouldn't matter who blows up who, it's all fun. In my day job, I'm stuck behind a desk doing Unix system administration all day. I love my job, but it can be pretty damn boring. Eve is anything at all but boring. Lol

-- 

Slappy Andven

CEO Natural Born Killas

raven666wings
Cyber Chaos Crew
#1266 - 2013-10-29 17:51:15 UTC  |  Edited by: raven666wings
Unsubbed all my 172 alts. Came in looking for a good space sci-fi mmorpg, left when I saw it was a good pile of $hit Oops
Kate stark
#1267 - 2013-10-29 18:26:31 UTC
i like poetic's alternative form of protest: just blatantly RMT all your isk in to cash and **** the consequences.

Yay, this account hasn't had its signature banned. or its account, if you're reading this.

Kirren D'marr
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1268 - 2013-10-29 18:27:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Kirren D'marr
raven666wings wrote:
Unsubbed all my 172 alts. Came in looking for a good space sci-fi mmorpg, left when I saw it was a good pile of $hit Oops

You unsubbed us all? I guess this thread will be pretty quiet from here on out... Blink

On a more serious note, I'm surprised this hasn't been linked in this thread yet:

Katarina Reid wrote:
Headshot

Not sure if im allowed to link the letter given to resellers but it says to stop players trading ingame items for cash. ETC + bonus items may not be direclty or indirectly traded by the buyer for isk. EULA says cant sell ingame stuff for cash. 10 days for reseller to stop it or else.

You can still support me for no reward when you buy your ETC's here

$660 made for me
377 sale of ETC's
$13,195 for CCP
188b given out

So, when is SOMER getting its bonus ISK practice shut down? Any rule has to be applied equally, right? Or are they still hiding behind the "it's not really ISK" defense?

Why a switch on/off? Because the new animation doesn't add anything to gameplay and it's graphically annoying. In other words, it's worse than bad: it's useless. Simple as that.     _ - Kina Ayami_

Careby
#1269 - 2013-10-29 19:32:25 UTC
Kirren D'marr wrote:
Katarina Reid wrote:
...stop it or else....

So, when is SOMER getting its bonus ISK practice shut down? Any rule has to be applied equally, right...

I'm guessing "or else"
raven666wings
Cyber Chaos Crew
#1270 - 2013-10-29 20:57:13 UTC  |  Edited by: raven666wings
Kirren D'marr wrote:

Katarina Reid wrote:
Headshot

Not sure if im allowed to link the letter given to resellers but it says to let Katarina give bonus isk with referrals until she cleans her wallet within 10 days, this way we can keep profiting from this fast GTC sales buck and then continue with Somer Blink RMT breaching the EULA alone.

You can still support me for no reward when you buy your ETC's here

$660 made for me
377 sale of ETC's
$13,195 for CCP
188b given out

Letter translated to english Blink
Ace Boogi
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#1271 - 2013-10-29 21:06:54 UTC
Kirren D'marr wrote:

So, when is SOMER getting its bonus ISK practice shut down? Any rule has to be applied equally, right? Or are they still hiding behind the "it's not really ISK" defense?

go sit in their in-game channel, even now, their staff is directing people to their affiliate link for the bonus credit.

they seriously have no ******* scruples.
Frying Doom
#1272 - 2013-10-29 23:22:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Frying Doom
The more I look at this the more I believe CCP did not actually research Somer Blink before endorsing them.

If a member of CCP has claimed that they did research Somer Blink, they are either incompetent or receiving bribes.

I can not even believe for a second that CEO CCP 'Greed is Good' Hilmar, failed in risk management so badly when presented with the facts.

What are the facts?

• Somer has made CCP Millions in GTC sales
  • To sign up for a Somer Blink account you must use the in game browser.
  • CCP convert the GTC into isk which is then sent in-game to Somer Blink.
  • Under UK law this gambling is illegal as you can cash out for plex and subsequently receive a service, this game.
  • Somer Blinks site is protected by a whois service located in Panama.
  • In a court of law, it would be nearly impossible to actually prove who owns Somer Blink.
  • Somer Blinks site has no reference to its location as a business or where it is hosted.

That is why I cannot believe anyone at CCP actually looked at this beyond, how much money they were getting from Somer Blink.

No CEO would look at a Gambling site protected by an offshore company in Panama, with its name servers hidden to prevent detection of its jurisdiction and consider them a good risk to have so deeply in-bedded into their company.

CCP has broken its own TOS for the sake of this business and frankly for what? A few million dollars, after they have spent so much more building this game.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#1273 - 2013-10-30 05:22:00 UTC
Slappy Andven wrote:
Gogela wrote:
What I've noticed in life is that people who say "life isn't fair" tend to be people who make a lot of excuses and fail to achieve their goals. If people could do what SOMER did, that would be fine. ATM you get banned for trying.

Rather just the opposite. I say life isn't fair because that's a reality. Sometimes the journey of a thousand miles DOES end very very badly. The point however, is not to give up. Yes, the game is rigged, fixed, unfair. Whatever. It's the journey that matters, not the destination. Much like the World of Darkness (a game I have played for more than 10 years), the value is in the struggle - there is no "win" condition.

The rules of Earth are the same for everyone. You are born. You learn some s*** (or don't), you make use of it as best you can, and you die. Those are the basic rules of the life game. All the smack that happens on earth falls under that rule set. The gods never step in. It's all between us humans. That would be the metaphor to compare CCP assistance to. They are the gods/makers of EvE, and they shouldn't interfere. The journey matters when you want to make the most of your personal life, sure. For those who would conquer, it's the end state. If you want to talk about EvE as a whole, it is the conquerors that require a fight sans interference from Poseidon. That would be my opinion on the matter at hand...

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Nova Satar
Pator Tech School
#1274 - 2013-10-30 11:41:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Nova Satar
nobody gives a **** what the reward wass, the issue people have is that after 7 years of handing out permanent bans for anybody who sold isk, you have no perfected isk selling for yourselves and are rewarding people who boost your sales!!

Somer is a huge isk sink, people buy plex to pay for their tickets, and you are happy with that. I don't blame you from a business angle, but the way you go about it is ridiculous. and even the OP in this thread just reads like you are taking your customers for fools. You didnt request that the rewards were kept quiet, but you did HOPE that they would be.
Nova Satar
Pator Tech School
#1275 - 2013-10-30 11:44:55 UTC
CCP Guard wrote:

Why hasn’t my favorite fansite or community enterprise received something nice too?

Because they don't generate PLEX sales.

fixed it for you.
Kestler Jagrafess
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1276 - 2013-10-30 12:50:21 UTC
Alright I'm not sure how many times my points have been hit on but bare with me. I'm not reading all 64 pages of responses.

So far I've seen a lot of people bashing SB for "stealing isk." They don't steal it. They operate the same way any form of gambling operates. Someone doesn't have a lot of something and they want more. Take a chance bet what you have and you either come out on top or you lose everything. That's gambling. Personally I've thrown so much into SB and I lose it all every time, but I still play 'cause maybe someday I'll make up for what I've lost and even if I don't it's fun to me.

That being said; There are several bashing SB for being a promoter for ETC's and putting money in CCP's wallet. Last time I checked CCP uses that money (and all the other money they make) to host all kinds of events for their players, and continue to add content to the game we all love. If you don't love EVE, your frozen corpse should be turned into a tourist attraction in Jita. On top of actually helping to fund CCP with their promotion system, SB also donates portions of their earnings to player events in game. Example: funding every tournament team with 10 bil. Maybe everyone else in EVE just has 10b to throw around on a tournament or whatever. If you're one of those with too much to figure what to do with it, donate some to me. I'll gladly accept it. Maybe these guys are stuffing their wallets with isk, but some of it goes back to the players to make the game more interesting.

Now, SB aside. I've seen a lot of posts that run something along the lines of: Bound items suck. Vanity trash is cool. Out of game stuff is fine too. Just don't give anything to [so&so]

The IWS IS "vanity trash" its a non functional "cool looking," for those of you who don't understand what skinned means, ship. It's entire existence is devoted to being given out as a prize for whatever CCP wants. If you don't like what they sell for don't buy one. If you're holding onto it to sell it for major gains, sell it now. CCP staff have already hit this one enough. I don't even know why it's so hard to comprehend. It's worthless. They're giving out more. Maybe they'll do something else about how they give it out, but there will be more. Maybe they should just give one out to every account on Christmas or around the holidays. Then no one gets to cry that they don't have one or they cost too much or too little.

I agree with those that say bound items suck. Out of game stuff is cool too, but that's CCP putting real money towards giving more players more stuff. They already give out plenty and have stated more than once that sometimes they'll throw out a t-shirt or resin ships. Personally I like the idea of maybe someday getting something for not trying to blow up every ship I see, or however I'm supposed to support the community. In game they can create the "vanity trash." It's something cool to have, and once it's created they can give out as many as they want.

The only real problem I see is transparency. I would like to know who CCP is giving things to. Not only does it say "Hey, we're not playing favorites with [so&so]" but it also throws them out on the metaphoric D-scan. I'm all for checking out new fansites, or maybe finding a new tool to use with EVE, and I feel like that would be a great way to showcase those. I know we've already got the community spotlight, but I feel that this could add to that.

Long story short, keep doing what you're doing CCP. You didn't get this far with an awesome fanbase for no reason, and we're not going anywhere any time soon.
TheGunslinger42
All Web Investigations
#1277 - 2013-10-30 14:38:55 UTC
Kestler Jagrafess wrote:
Alright I'm not sure how many times my points have been hit on but bare with me. I'm not reading all 64 pages of responses.

So far I've seen a lot of people bashing SB for "stealing isk." They don't steal it. They operate the same way any form of gambling operates. Someone doesn't have a lot of something and they want more. Take a chance bet what you have and you either come out on top or you lose everything. That's gambling. Personally I've thrown so much into SB and I lose it all every time, but I still play 'cause maybe someday I'll make up for what I've lost and even if I don't it's fun to me.

That being said; There are several bashing SB for being a promoter for ETC's and putting money in CCP's wallet. Last time I checked CCP uses that money (and all the other money they make) to host all kinds of events for their players, and continue to add content to the game we all love. If you don't love EVE, your frozen corpse should be turned into a tourist attraction in Jita. On top of actually helping to fund CCP with their promotion system, SB also donates portions of their earnings to player events in game. Example: funding every tournament team with 10 bil. Maybe everyone else in EVE just has 10b to throw around on a tournament or whatever. If you're one of those with too much to figure what to do with it, donate some to me. I'll gladly accept it. Maybe these guys are stuffing their wallets with isk, but some of it goes back to the players to make the game more interesting.

Now, SB aside. I've seen a lot of posts that run something along the lines of: Bound items suck. Vanity trash is cool. Out of game stuff is fine too. Just don't give anything to [so&so]

The IWS IS "vanity trash" its a non functional "cool looking," for those of you who don't understand what skinned means, ship. It's entire existence is devoted to being given out as a prize for whatever CCP wants. If you don't like what they sell for don't buy one. If you're holding onto it to sell it for major gains, sell it now. CCP staff have already hit this one enough. I don't even know why it's so hard to comprehend. It's worthless. They're giving out more. Maybe they'll do something else about how they give it out, but there will be more. Maybe they should just give one out to every account on Christmas or around the holidays. Then no one gets to cry that they don't have one or they cost too much or too little.

I agree with those that say bound items suck. Out of game stuff is cool too, but that's CCP putting real money towards giving more players more stuff. They already give out plenty and have stated more than once that sometimes they'll throw out a t-shirt or resin ships. Personally I like the idea of maybe someday getting something for not trying to blow up every ship I see, or however I'm supposed to support the community. In game they can create the "vanity trash." It's something cool to have, and once it's created they can give out as many as they want.

The only real problem I see is transparency. I would like to know who CCP is giving things to. Not only does it say "Hey, we're not playing favorites with [so&so]" but it also throws them out on the metaphoric D-scan. I'm all for checking out new fansites, or maybe finding a new tool to use with EVE, and I feel like that would be a great way to showcase those. I know we've already got the community spotlight, but I feel that this could add to that.

Long story short, keep doing what you're doing CCP. You didn't get this far with an awesome fanbase for no reason, and we're not going anywhere any time soon.

Long story short: somer alt / shill.

The IWS is not "vanity trash" because it is worth the price of a supercap as a result of it's rarity/special nature. It doesn't have to *do* something to be worth a lot. A gold nugget doesn't *do* much but it's still worth a chunk of money.
raven666wings
Cyber Chaos Crew
#1278 - 2013-10-30 16:32:13 UTC  |  Edited by: raven666wings
Kestler Jagrafess wrote:

Long story short, I'm a CCP/Somer shill posting desperate damage control attempts. Next I'm gonna hire a youtube girl to make a video on it. I realised how far I have messed the game up beyond repair as all the the players are unsubbing and cashing out their isk before they leave.

Fixed that for you Blink

PS - Ask to quit while you can brah.
Gregor Parud
Imperial Academy
#1279 - 2013-10-30 16:47:53 UTC
Kestler Jagrafess wrote:
I'm a clueless fanboy

Should have just posted that, would have saved you a lot of typing tbh.
Ace Boogi
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#1280 - 2013-10-30 17:25:52 UTC
TheGunslinger42 wrote:

Long story short: somer alt / shill.

The IWS is not "vanity trash" because it is worth the price of a supercap as a result of it's rarity/special nature. It doesn't have to *do* something to be worth a lot. A gold nugget doesn't *do* much but it's still worth a chunk of money.

i guess a nyx only refines to 1 trit bro Big smile