These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Announcement regarding rewards and prizes to fansites and third-party contributors

First post First post First post
Author
Daionnis
BoneSquad
Black Rabbit.
#961 - 2013-10-18 04:44:17 UTC
DNSBLACK wrote:
Hey CCP; DNS just set you RED and welcome to the sand box. Somer is a enemy of DNS and you have them set blue please

take a look in your lobby it is time to PVP. http://i.imgur.com/Hk1UAInh.jpg

Yes I still have control of this charcter still waiting for my eastern block friends to wakr up and drink some coffee.

Holy crap!

A personal wardec!
Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#962 - 2013-10-18 04:48:57 UTC
Daionnis wrote:
DNSBLACK wrote:
Hey CCP; DNS just set you RED and welcome to the sand box. Somer is a enemy of DNS and you have them set blue please

take a look in your lobby it is time to PVP. http://i.imgur.com/Hk1UAInh.jpg

Yes I still have control of this charcter still waiting for my eastern block friends to wakr up and drink some coffee.

Holy crap!

A personal wardec!

It's funny you say that. I think the players, with this legitimized RMT thing, just wardeced CCP.

Signatures should be used responsibly...

raven666wings
Cyber Chaos Crew
#963 - 2013-10-18 05:00:20 UTC  |  Edited by: raven666wings
DarkDecay wrote:
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=287597&find=unread

Read this and substitute 6 billion ISK free with that gtc that costs $105...

edit: using some fake currency and fake raffle to avoid rmt entanglements of course... Roll

edit: and check out the 'Tournament Prize Ships Raffle' thread too for your chance to buy, eh, I mean raffle unique ships!

Dayum dude... howcome you undercutting your plex so low??? $8.75 a pop (minus the 1/12 of the GTC value)?? for real?? Twisted dayum... I was gonna raffle some plex packs too but not gonna compete with that price... won't go lower than $13 a pop Lol
Money Makin Mitch
Paid in Full
#964 - 2013-10-18 05:08:15 UTC
Ship Toaster wrote:
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=6369&find=unread

17. Lottery style sales are not permitted. Auctions and buyouts are the appropriate method for selling a character.

The DNSBlack thing has never been allowed.

he didn't lotto the character. he lotto'ed a chance to bid on the character.
xxVastorxx
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#965 - 2013-10-18 07:13:45 UTC
Giveing them a free trip to fanfest would of been a better option.
YesYes NoNoNo
Karmic Rebalance
#966 - 2013-10-18 07:26:38 UTC  |  Edited by: YesYes NoNoNo
Money Makin Mitch wrote:
interesting. thanks for the update DNSBlack. i wonder how much i could pimp myself out for. Twisted

As the owner of the char "Daquaris" whom to my knowledge is the only one to have ever ripped blink AND chribba (thanks for that tower, next time scoop faster) off, I was wondering the same thing.

$1500 in Uncle Daq's Lucky funtime super happy not isk lotto tickets sounds about right to me.

e: Confirmation https://twitter.com/Daquaris/status/391105496620343296
Scatim Helicon
State War Academy
Caldari State
#967 - 2013-10-18 07:35:53 UTC
I think I love you guys.

Hmm. Scatim just passed 103m SP, I wonder what I could "raffle" him off for.

Every time you post a WiS thread, Hilmar strangles a kitten.

Anton Menges Saddat
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#968 - 2013-10-18 07:48:32 UTC
ITT: CCP learns what happens when keeping it real goes wrong Twisted
Herr Kutz
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#969 - 2013-10-18 08:01:43 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
oh and you can chose all of the blinks when you set the auction your self

Actually, no you can't. When starting a blink you can only choose one ticket. If you are fast AND lucky, you can get sufficient tickets to dramatically increase your odds of winning, but you will very rarely see one blink completed by one person because of the speed other people playing will click on the tickets.
Frying Doom
#970 - 2013-10-18 08:11:21 UTC
Herr Kutz wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:
oh and you can chose all of the blinks when you set the auction your self

Actually, no you can't. When starting a blink you can only choose one ticket. If you are fast AND lucky, you can get sufficient tickets to dramatically increase your odds of winning, but you will very rarely see one blink completed by one person because of the speed other people playing will click on the tickets.

Did they change it. I know you used to be able to and there was a stink over someone laundering their money via Somer by buying all of the blinks.

either way around it means that you are more than likely to get some of the blink isk converted into real isk, the actual decline percentage matters little.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Chiimera
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#971 - 2013-10-18 08:13:29 UTC
DNSBLACK wrote:
Hey CCP; DNS just set you RED and welcome to the sand box. Somer is a enemy of DNS and you have them set blue

please take a look in your lobby it is time to PVP. http://i.imgur.com/Hk1UAInh.jpg

Pictures of my bro DNSBlack ITT https://i.imgur.com/d3pLnfi.jpg
sally Deninard
mss industry
#972 - 2013-10-18 08:21:51 UTC  |  Edited by: sally Deninard
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
Trebor Daehdoow wrote:

The one thing that is entirely predictable is that no matter what, CSM will get sh*t on. (potential future candidates, take note!)

WRT to the politician analogy made a few posts back, keep in mind that CCP isn't a politician, CCP is the King. The King gets to set the rules, and if the King decides to change the rules, he does so by divine right.

CSM gets to tell the King, "Your Majesty, we believe what you are doing is bad for the Kingdom."

1) The second and third sentences tell in a nutshell why CSM is a weak approach. It's a lot better than zero, but you guys get bypassed at whim, because CSM not only lacks of "veto" powers but also lacks of simple "visibility on everything" powers. Thus flying dogpiles can happily go for the fan without you being shown them.

A common misconception about power is that people believe once they are gifted it they can retain it without any effort.
The reason the CSM have no power is because they do not try to dominate with pack mentality and solidarity. (i`m looking at you in this case Teg).
If this doesn`t work they need to gain support from a high powered group (ie players) , giving them power by proxy. Then they can apply dominance.

The CSM has no power because they choose to have no power and hide behind the excuse of NDA`s etc as if CCP has them tied up in legal knots.
Balderdash.... they can lobby player support, without telling players what the next SOMER paintjob looks like.

"it`s like taking a knife to a gunfight " is implying that someone lost an engagement by being ill prepared or not equally capable, the man with the gun has the power.
There are kings amongst men who can enter a gunfight unarmed and de-escalate to a peaceful resolution, in turn they can enter peaceful negotiations with an assault rifle. These are the true holders of power.
All this CSM has no power QQ is bullshit, you are weak because you do not act , lobby or attack.
Chiimera
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#973 - 2013-10-18 08:26:14 UTC
SHENANIGANS!
Handsome Feller
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#974 - 2013-10-18 08:32:00 UTC
Money Makin Mitch wrote:
Ship Toaster wrote:

17. Lottery style sales are not permitted. Auctions and buyouts are the appropriate method for selling a character.

Going by dnsblack's character selling process, you have to enter the lottery to be able to buy the character. It is an intrinsic part of the process of buying the character. You can argue all you want about semantics, but if CCP decide that the quoted part of the ToS apply to the whole process and not just the final exchange step, expect bio massed characters and many many tears. If this happens, anyone who gets upset about it should realise it's not a court of law but a court of CCP and their mighty swinging todger of doom.
Frying Doom
#975 - 2013-10-18 08:36:38 UTC
Handsome Feller wrote:
Money Makin Mitch wrote:
Ship Toaster wrote:

Going by dnsblack's character selling process, you have to enter the lottery to be able to buy the character. It is an intrinsic part of the process of buying the character. You can argue all you want about semantics, but if CCP decide that the quoted part of the ToS apply to the whole process and not just the final exchange step, expect bio massed characters and many many tears. If this happens, anyone who gets upset about it should realise it's not a court of law but a court of CCP and their mighty swinging todger of doom.

Should that happen I think people would be rightfully pissed.

You can do that with isk/ships/plex/items/skillbooks but not characters. It would not just look like but be CCP playing favorites again. Except this time it would be them determining who is allowed to run a lottery.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Handsome Feller
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#976 - 2013-10-18 09:03:53 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
Handsome Feller wrote:

You can do that with isk/ships/plex/items/skillbooks but not characters. It would not just look like but be CCP playing favorites again. Except this time it would be them determining who is allowed to run a lottery.

Or alternatively you could view it as being a very sensible measure to have in place because sale & transfer of characters is a considerably different beast when compared to say, a Damage Control II (soundwave might like that reference). As far as I know, the "no lottery" rule for selling characters has been around for many years. Getting upset about it now is somewhat silly. Accounts / characters must surely have as much protection as possible.

It's a shame that dnsblack didn't make his point by selling say, an iScorp (lovely irony!) using this method as things would get really interesting. As it is, CCP could, if they so choose to, easily justify a ban hammer and bio mass due to it being a character sale. However, now that players are selling limited edition ships via the lottery / RL money method, I'm looking forward to see what ccp shall do.
DarkDecay
Real money traders
#977 - 2013-10-18 09:15:23 UTC
raven666wings wrote:
DarkDecay wrote:
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=287597&find=unread

Read this and substitute 6 billion ISK free with that gtc that costs $105...

edit: using some fake currency and fake raffle to avoid rmt entanglements of course... Roll

edit: and check out the 'Tournament Prize Ships Raffle' thread too for your chance to buy, eh, I mean raffle unique ships!

Dayum dude... howcome you undercutting your plex so low??? $8.75 a pop (minus the 1/12 of the GTC value)?? for real?? Twisted dayum... I was gonna raffle some plex packs too but not gonna compete with that price... won't go lower than $13 a pop Lol

lol, not like I need to make a massive real life profit as all I want to do is shove CCP's nose in it so they dont **** in the house again...
Frying Doom
#978 - 2013-10-18 09:16:40 UTC
Handsome Feller wrote:

Or alternatively you could view it as being a very sensible measure to have in place because sale & transfer of characters is a considerably different beast when compared to say, a Damage Control II (soundwave might like that reference). As far as I know, the "no lottery" rule for selling characters has been around for many years. Getting upset about it now is somewhat silly. Accounts / characters must surely have as much protection as possible.

It's a shame that dnsblack didn't make his point by selling say, an iScorp (lovely irony!) using this method as things would get really interesting. As it is, CCP could, if they so choose to, easily justify a ban hammer and bio mass due to it being a character sale. However, now that players are selling limited edition ships via the lottery / RL money method, I'm looking forward to see what ccp shall do.

There is a great deal of difference between a character and an item. The damage done by selling items for example 600 plex via this method is a lot more damaging to the game and if they included the whole process people would rightfully be asking why they don't include the whole process for the others and especially the gambling sites that started this.

Lady Cleopatra Ollerenshaw
Doomheim
#979 - 2013-10-18 09:40:15 UTC

I haven't laughed this much since Aunt Maude used the wrong croquet mallet! P
DarkDecay
Real money traders
#980 - 2013-10-18 09:56:13 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
Handsome Feller wrote:
Money Makin Mitch wrote:
Ship Toaster wrote:

Yo Handsome, there was no paid lottery for a character at any stage. So no buying of a character was ever part of this process.

The lottery was a freebie for those who buy gtc, an incentive to buy from DNS; the cash for GTC is separate from the lottery. The cash for gtc is legal. The offering of freebies via made up currency to boost your sales is legal. Link these two together and you have a winner.

This is the legal sleight of hand that makes rmt into not-rmt.

This is what we do not like.

Oh, and buy my plex twelve pack at 50% the price of CCP's! What about an ISK injection? I do those too... Get those unique ships you always dreamed about. Check out the 'In-Game Events and Gatherings' part of this very forum as that is where CCP said these EVE stuffz to fake currency to raffle to $$$ should go.