These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Announcement regarding rewards and prizes to fansites and third-party contributors

First post First post First post
Author
Argus Sorn
Star Frontiers
Brotherhood of Spacers
#941 - 2013-10-17 23:10:48 UTC
EVE-GAMES wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:

Well it is nice to know we can convert our characters back to cash instead of useless isk, especially now as isk will have no value.

Thanks DNS BLACK, well done, you will be missed but for 2.5k I really understand that Lol

So after 47 pages of ranting and thinly veiled insults, your ok with it now?

Seems a bit hypocritical to be upset when others do something you perceive as wrong, but if you can profit from it.... suddenly it becomes acceptable.

I think you are missing something here...
Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#942 - 2013-10-17 23:15:43 UTC
Sean DT wrote:
NYT article about EVE Online:

It's from 2007 but it might as well have been written yesterday 2013 :-)

The New York Times :

"In a Virtual Universe, the Politics Turn Real"

"The kingdom is in crisis. After pledging to treat its citizens equally, the government stands accused of unfairly favoring one powerful, well-connected political faction. Many citizens have taken to open dissent, even revolt, and some are threatening to emigrate permanently."

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/07/arts/07eve.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Pirate

My favorite bit:

NY Times wrote:

So now CCP plans the radical step of opening itself up to independent oversight: nine player-overseers who will act as ombudsmen for the game’s subscribers. The company says it will hold the elections in the fall.

“I envision this council being made up of nine members selected by the players themselves, where you announce your candidacy, and if you win the election, they come here to Iceland, and they can look at every nook and cranny and get to see that we are here to run this company on a professional basis,” said Mr. Petursson, CCP’s chief executive. “They can see that we did not make this game to win it.”

Too bad Hilmar was just paying lip service to the NYT, and we never got the CSM as advertised.

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

EVE-GAMES
EVE-GAMES.NET
#943 - 2013-10-17 23:17:37 UTC
Doc Fury wrote:
EVE-GAMES wrote:

What I said was, in essence, I've been getting away with doing this for years, so surely if it was against the EULA CCP would have banned me by now.

FYP.

I lol'ed and liked Lol

Actually we are new, (Launched in May of this year) and we implemented the GTC + Bonus program to be competitive. It's extremely difficult to gain market share without offering, at least, the same bonuses as other sites.

And for the record....we have never received assistance or gifts or prizes or any other "help" from CCP (some of you seem to be assuming we have)

o7

https://eve-games.net

DarkDecay
Real money traders
#944 - 2013-10-17 23:19:06 UTC
Shai 'Hulud wrote:
I have thrown my hat in the ring Bear

(see In-Game Events and Gatherings forum)

Dude, no need to be shy, advertise that sale!

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=287581&find=unread

sally Deninard
mss industry
#945 - 2013-10-17 23:20:19 UTC
EVE-GAMES wrote:
Doc Fury wrote:
EVE-GAMES wrote:

What I said was, in essence, I've been getting away with doing this for years, so surely if it was against the EULA CCP would have banned me by now.

FYP.

I lol'ed and liked Lol

Actually we are new, (Launched in May of this year) and we implemented the GTC + Bonus program to be competitive. It's extremely difficult to gain market share without offering, at least, the same bonuses as other sites.

And for the record....we have never received assistance or gifts or prizes or any other "help" from CCP (some of you seem to be assuming we have)

o7

It`s cool we can lobby to get you a personalized ship like the new SOMER blink faction cruiser in Rubicon.
Frying Doom
#946 - 2013-10-17 23:20:38 UTC
EVE-GAMES wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:

I was ranting against it because it appeared to me to be RMT but as you have said CCP has told you that this is legit and above board. Subsequently if it is not RMT and not limited to a select few then it is fine. Personally I think it will be the end of EvE as you can now also buy a GTC and Billions in Black isk that you can convert via a "raffle" into real isk but what do I know. If it is ok by CCP and not limited to who can do it, it is good to go.

So if we can "raffle" our characters of for GTC sales and RL cash, I am all for it.

Oh as to the CCP/CSM survey, I don't think we will be needing that now as I doubt anyone will care.

Please don't put words in my mouth, I never stated CCP has told me this is legit and above board.

What I said was, in essence, if CCP has not ordered a takedown request or reprimanded Blink for the practice (and even assisted them in some cases) than it seems logical to assume they have no issue with it.

EVE-GAMES wrote:
I set policy from CCP's interpretation of the EULA.
I have yet to see an argument that convinces me that what I and other sites are doing is RMT, and so far....neither has CCP

Emphasis Mine

So you are aware of CCPs interpretation but have never communicated with them. Your words not mine.

But I myself are happy to accept your above statement as true.

If you will excuse me I have a character transfer to sort out Lol

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

sally Deninard
mss industry
#947 - 2013-10-17 23:28:40 UTC
Frankly it`s late in the UK and all I can think about is cashing out a couple of freighters in some sort of odd mss creds way to finance 8 budweisers, all above board of course.
Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#948 - 2013-10-17 23:52:02 UTC
Well... it's interesting to watch this unfold. I don't care about WHAT is done policy-wise... just that the policy be evenly applied. It seems it is being evenly applied. That's refreshing, actually. Assuming I understand what's happening here, I have only two points left:

• If you can sell a character in this way, you can sell anything. This is loophole in the system. However, this game is often ABOUT finding loopholes. You guys are all good at it. So, in effect, everyone will be selling "raffle tickets" via GTCs and then raffling off... what? Blocks of ISK? Gear, items & ships? Obviously characters... for RL cash. Thus, RMT is legal. str8up.

• CCP said it would be a while for their conversations with the company owners to materialize. I would say there's a good bit of time here for this thing to explode. I think a few more of you get away with this and they are going to need a new section of the forums just for "raffles"

Signatures should be used responsibly...

raven666wings
Cyber Chaos Crew
#949 - 2013-10-18 00:10:37 UTC  |  Edited by: raven666wings
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=3751264#post3751264

Shai 'Hulud wrote:
I am holding a raffle for the following 5 tournament reward ships:
Cambion
Vangel
Malice
Freki
Utu

To enter, you simply buy a 30 day gtc from me for $1000 USD and you will receive a bonus "shai ticket."...

LMFAO Twisted might follow the lead and raffle some shiet myself too
DarkDecay
Real money traders
#950 - 2013-10-18 00:12:18 UTC  |  Edited by: DarkDecay
Time to get this rmt crap stopped dead by taking it to the limit like any good eve player would. Time to kick CCP in the balls just like they did to me by giving somer all that isk for nothing.

edit: cant link the url for some reason, but it is in the In-Game Events and Gatherings thread...
Money Makin Mitch
Paid in Full
#951 - 2013-10-18 00:13:39 UTC
beating CCP at their own metagame. i love it Twisted
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#952 - 2013-10-18 01:13:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Vaerah Vahrokha
DarkDecay wrote:
Time to get this rmt crap stopped dead by taking it to the limit like any good eve player would. Time to kick CCP in the balls just like they did to me by giving somer all that isk for nothing.

edit: cant link the url for some reason, but it is in the In-Game Events and Gatherings thread...

Ah ah ah this new chain of "raffles" is the best "players poll" the CSM could want to setup.

Some are already replying with unsub, others by exploiting the loophole.

A classic in EvE history and a players poll filled in with a facts pen, before it's even presented Twisted
Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#953 - 2013-10-18 02:16:15 UTC
raven666wings wrote:

Shai 'Hulud wrote:
Cambion
Vangel
Malice
Freki
Utu

To enter, you simply buy a 30 day gtc from me for $1000 USD and you will receive a bonus "shai ticket."...

If you do the math, the time you spent getting those awesome ships... for even 5 grand... is well below minim wage. Must be a minmatar slave RPer...

Paul Tsukaya
Doomheim
#954 - 2013-10-18 02:18:00 UTC
I'll be shocked if I don't wake up tomorrow to find the DNSBlack character biomassed.

Whoever brought the character from you for cash (even though they will try and ague that's not what took place) will look like an idiot.
Ship Toaster
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#955 - 2013-10-18 02:27:56 UTC
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=6369&find=unread

17. Lottery style sales are not permitted. Auctions and buyouts are the appropriate method for selling a character.

The DNSBlack thing has never been allowed.
Frying Doom
#956 - 2013-10-18 02:28:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Frying Doom
Paul Tsukaya wrote:
I'll be shocked if I don't wake up tomorrow to find the DNSBlack character biomassed.

Whoever brought the character from you for cash (even though they will try and ague that's not what took place) will look like an idiot.

How? That would mean CCP having to admit that it has been letting companies like Somer Blink get away with RMT for ages and if they did that they would have no recourse other than to confiscate all of somers in game assets and remove the RMT amounts from all those who profited from the RMT(being Somer's staff and anyone who bought a GTC from Somer). Besides as I understand it the lottery was for the right to bid on the character not the character its self.

This is why you have to be careful playing favorites in the sand box.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Shai 'Hulud
#957 - 2013-10-18 02:30:29 UTC
Gogela wrote:
raven666wings wrote:

Shai 'Hulud wrote:
Cambion
Vangel
Malice
Freki
Utu

If you do the math, the time you spent getting those awesome ships... for even 5 grand... is well below minim wage. Must be a minmatar slave RPer...

A lot of assumptions there. I think "master" would be a more apt description than slave Blink

The most useful slaves are those that believe themselves to be free

DNSBLACK
Dirt Nap Squad
#958 - 2013-10-18 04:19:14 UTC  |  Edited by: DNSBLACK
Hey CCP; DNS just set you RED and welcome to the sand box. Somer is a enemy of DNS and you have them set blue

please take a look in your lobby it is time to PVP. http://i.imgur.com/Hk1UAInh.jpg

Yes I still have control of this charcter still waiting for my eastern block friends to wakr up and drink some coffee.
Daktar Jaxs
Sniggerdly
Pandemic Legion
#959 - 2013-10-18 04:22:54 UTC
poor ole CCP, just keep slipping over and ending up with their own **** in their ass
Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#960 - 2013-10-18 04:34:44 UTC
Shai 'Hulud wrote:

A lot of assumptions there. I think "master" would be a more apt description than slave Blink

Possibly. All I know about it is what I see on the forums. I have all the non-uniqe ships, save titans (for which I get BPCs... but my ship collection includes:
Guardian-Vexor
Freki
Mimir
Utu
Adrestia
Malice
Vengal
Cambion

These ships average about 70 bil atm.

So a grand is a pretty low-ball estimate of what they are worth. I'm thinking about buying that set of ships in fact.