These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Star Citizen v EVE

First post First post First post
Author
Mina Sebiestar
Minmatar Inner Space Conglomerate
#1581 - 2014-06-07 06:02:06 UTC
don't think you can go inside...videos shows interiors.

You choke behind a smile a fake behind the fear

Because >>I is too hard

digitalwanderer
DW inc
#1582 - 2014-06-07 16:11:46 UTC
Rajeet Achmar wrote:
digitalwanderer wrote:
Checked both ships in the game and the AX114 Boom slang looks the most aggressive overall outside, though the shard collective does have the better interior.....Public voting is tomorrow.

How in the hell did you get inside the damn thing? I was sprinting around pressing F in desperation lol.

You can't as was said above, but having said that and just looking at the exterior, i'd say the boom slang AX114 wins it by looking more massive and aggressive outside, even though the 4 horsemen interior is superb but the outer nacelles just look weird.
digitalwanderer
DW inc
#1583 - 2014-06-07 16:34:45 UTC  |  Edited by: digitalwanderer
For those that haven't seen them for themselves:

AX114 boom slang from shard collective:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB1-cGWauV0

Or the 4 horsemen redeemer :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvIEAIk-yiU
Mina Sebiestar
#1584 - 2014-06-07 17:24:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Mina Sebiestar
i prefer reedemer my self

inside will matter more to me and outside is far from bad, unique and more original imo.

Because >>I is too hard

Rajeet Achmar
Rajeet Achmar Corporation
#1585 - 2014-06-08 01:03:05 UTC
Im in the redeemer corner, IMO it has a lot better polish on some of the modeling and design. (cough the completely ridiculous looking rear landing gear on the boom slang)

It just looks nicer and more well designed in my opinion.
digitalwanderer
DW inc
#1586 - 2014-06-08 02:47:01 UTC
Rajeet Achmar wrote:
Im in the redeemer corner, IMO it has a lot better polish on some of the modeling and design. (cough the completely ridiculous looking rear landing gear on the boom slang)

It just looks nicer and more well designed in my opinion.

It's mostly how to take off as the main issue...I think they'll have to add thrusters to one side of those plier shaped nacelles to take off...something like this:

https://i.imgur.com/malBoe4.jpg

With the boom slang was pretty obvious how the engines would work and I loved the 2 crew arrangement with one on the bottom and another on the top.
Mina Sebiestar
#1587 - 2014-06-09 03:42:33 UTC
LolTruckers in space

Unrelated.

Because >>I is too hard

Dessau
The Scope
#1588 - 2014-06-09 07:05:18 UTC
Been tempted to buy in for the past few days, but the price tag of a Cutlass and a proper HOTAS setup are a bit rich for me. Still sidelined.
Matilda Cecilia Fock
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#1589 - 2014-06-09 09:38:40 UTC
Mina Sebiestar wrote:

Man, that's campy...

...but they have such a potential if they don't take themselves *too* seriously. Lol

Q: Should we be worried? A: Nope. (...) Worry a lot if Fozzie, Masterplan, Rise, Veritas, Bettik, Ytterbium, Scarpia, Arrow, or even Greyscale leaves. Worry a little if Punkturis, karkur, SoniClover, Affinity, Goliath, or Xhagen leaves.

digitalwanderer
DW inc
#1590 - 2014-06-09 16:41:12 UTC
Funny part is that this is actually how the game looks when you're playing it, so it isn't pre rendered at all....Big smile
Mashie Saldana
V0LTA
WE FORM V0LTA
#1591 - 2014-06-11 15:10:25 UTC
Anything released yet or are they still fixing bugs?
Bertrand Butler
Cras es Noster
#1592 - 2014-06-11 16:20:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Bertrand Butler
Mashie Saldana wrote:

Single player is out. Flight model somewhat borked. Will get better though.
Multi-player (the actual reason for delaying this since December) is quoted by a developer as "broken, crashes, no release yet".
DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#1593 - 2014-06-11 16:39:22 UTC
Bertrand Butler wrote:
Mashie Saldana wrote:

Single player is out. Flight model somewhat borked. Will get better though.
Multi-player (the actual reason for delaying this since December) is quoted by a developer as "broken, crashes, no release yet".

that would worry me a bit. Based on the earilyer bug, they might still be having network issues with multiplayer. But meh.

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

Soulpirate
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1594 - 2014-06-11 22:00:05 UTC
Multi-player starts this week, with 100 or so players, then next week they will try 1000 or more, then ramp it up again the following week.

Todays GameSpot demo.
Rajeet Achmar
Rajeet Achmar Corporation
#1595 - 2014-06-12 18:54:31 UTC
I really want a "Carrack" now, sounds like a ship Id like.
digitalwanderer
DW inc
#1596 - 2014-06-12 21:07:26 UTC
Just entered the 47 million mark, and at the pace it's going with the engine tuning kit, we'll probably be at the 48 million mark by next week, which the funny part is that there's no objective for it yet....Big smile
Matilda Cecilia Fock
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#1597 - 2014-06-12 21:41:22 UTC
digitalwanderer wrote:
Just entered the 47 million mark, and at the pace it's going with the engine tuning kit, we'll probably be at the 48 million mark by next week, which the funny part is that there's no objective for it yet....Big smile

50 million mark: Stop giving us your money, save it for when we're selling the game dammit! Twisted

Aka: Star Citizen, the game nobody ever bought after being pledged by every possible player... Lol

Q: Should we be worried? A: Nope. (...) Worry a lot if Fozzie, Masterplan, Rise, Veritas, Bettik, Ytterbium, Scarpia, Arrow, or even Greyscale leaves. Worry a little if Punkturis, karkur, SoniClover, Affinity, Goliath, or Xhagen leaves.

DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#1598 - 2014-06-12 22:24:29 UTC
Matilda Cecilia Fock wrote:
digitalwanderer wrote:

50 million mark: Stop giving us your money, save it for when we're selling the game dammit! Twisted

Aka: Star Citizen, the game nobody ever bought after being pledged by every possible player... Lol

That would be a tad funny 'crap all our subscribers paid earlier.. mm what are we gonna do?!?1'

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

Bertrand Butler
Cras es Noster
#1599 - 2014-06-13 01:45:16 UTC
digitalwanderer
DW inc
#1600 - 2014-06-13 03:12:40 UTC
Impressive work on the redeemer in white:

http://i.imgur.com/hSId30u.jpg

You'd never tell this was done in a contest and would think it was done in house by CIG themselves.