These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Star Citizen v EVE

First post First post First post
Author
digitalwanderer
DW inc
#1361 - 2014-05-17 11:14:07 UTC
And so it is confirmed officially....Deployment of arena commander will start on may the 29th.

Twisted
raven666wings
Cyber Chaos Crew
#1362 - 2014-05-17 11:46:33 UTC  |  Edited by: raven666wings
digitalwanderer wrote:
And so it is confirmed officially....Deployment of arena commander will start on may the 29th.

Twisted

Glad my EVE sub runs out on the 28th... that's what I call perfect timing.

Also... thread page 69 - best page! We did it guyz Twisted
digitalwanderer
DW inc
#1363 - 2014-05-17 11:57:44 UTC  |  Edited by: digitalwanderer
I just had to:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdNn5TZu6R8

After all the teasing and thinking it would be a rip off from Chris Roberts and all other arguments trying to sink it, it's deserved for all those that posted the same negative crap in multiple posts on this entire thread.
Winterblink
#1364 - 2014-05-17 13:54:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Winterblink
If you actually read their post on the RSI site, the date is still a PLANNED date, so nothing is absolute. Also if you read their plans, they will be starting their intensive bug testing in two days, and will be doing that right up until building a RC for deployment.

My prediction is they will either miss their date, or it will release as a bug ridden catastrophe which they will eventually fix.

Edit: I'd love to be proven wrong of course.
digitalwanderer
DW inc
#1365 - 2014-05-17 16:02:25 UTC
Winterblink wrote:
If you actually read their post on the RSI site, the date is still a PLANNED date, so nothing is absolute. Also if you read their plans, they will be starting their intensive bug testing in two days, and will be doing that right up until building a RC for deployment.

My prediction is they will either miss their date, or it will release as a bug ridden catastrophe which they will eventually fix.

We're getting more than planned though, as what was planned was the single player for everyone initially and at the same time for everyone, and then adding multiplayer gradually but they're configuring as many cloud servers as possible right now.
Winterblink
#1366 - 2014-05-17 16:03:30 UTC
digitalwanderer wrote:
Winterblink wrote:

We're getting more than planned though, as what was planned was the single player for everyone initially and at the same time for everyone, and then adding multiplayer gradually but they're configuring as many cloud servers as possible right now.

I was referring to dates, not content.
digitalwanderer
DW inc
#1367 - 2014-05-17 16:22:18 UTC
Winterblink wrote:
digitalwanderer wrote:
Winterblink wrote:

I was referring to dates, not content.

With more content comes more bugs and potentially large enough to delay the launch, so it kinda goes hand in hand.
Winterblink
#1368 - 2014-05-17 16:29:01 UTC
digitalwanderer wrote:
With more content comes more bugs and potentially large enough to delay the launch, so it kinda goes hand in hand.

Only if you let it. The concept is called scope creep, and needs to be managed properly for software projects to have a chance of being successful.
digitalwanderer
DW inc
#1369 - 2014-05-17 16:44:14 UTC
Winterblink wrote:
digitalwanderer wrote:

Only if you let it. The concept is called scope creep, and needs to be managed properly for software projects to have a chance of being successful.

I'm not even mentioning successful, but the release of of the next module which everyone knows is at the minimum, a beta release?

They have to be pretty sure it's at least good enough to have actually made an announcement, and this time, on an exact day.
Aspalis
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#1370 - 2014-05-17 17:43:34 UTC
digitalwanderer wrote:
Winterblink wrote:
digitalwanderer wrote:

I'm not even mentioning successful, but the release of of the next module which everyone knows is at the minimum, a beta release?

They have to be pretty sure it's at least good enough to have actually made an announcement, and this time, on an exact day.

I wouldn't hold my breath, they will announce the exact day, only to delay.

Marcus Gord: "Aspalis is an onion. Many layers, each one makes you cry."

raven666wings
Cyber Chaos Crew
#1371 - 2014-05-17 23:51:16 UTC  |  Edited by: raven666wings
Chris Roberts wrote:
We will keep you updated as this process continues; if there are any unexpected changes, the community will know what they are AND how they impact the schedule as soon as I do.

This is what is unique about Star Citizen – you are getting a very close and personal look at what development is like from the inside. Enjoy the ride!

— Chris Roberts

It feels good to be part of a mature game community like this Cool where developers don't have to go around hiding things from spoiled brats while spoon feeding them some porridge.
Webvan
All Kill No Skill
#1372 - 2014-05-18 00:23:52 UTC
digitalwanderer wrote:

Twisted

Groovy, hope they do that on time. What, 12 days until this thread dies? ...well for at least a little while.. Blink
Sort of like what happened with Black Prophecy. It was the coming messiah, no one could stand up to it's glassy-eyed pre-launch fandom invading every part of the interwebs. RIP BP o7

I'm in it for the money

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12

Vortexo VonBrenner
Doomheim
#1373 - 2014-05-18 00:36:33 UTC
Doubt I'll stop playing EVE because of Star Citizen. I bought into the alpha/beta thing, and I'll check it out...eventually...
digitalwanderer
DW inc
#1374 - 2014-05-18 01:05:46 UTC
Webvan wrote:
digitalwanderer wrote:

Twisted

Groovy, hope they do that on time. What, 12 days until this thread dies? ...well for at least a little while.. Blink
Sort of like what happened with Black Prophecy. It was the coming messiah, no one could stand up to it's glassy-eyed pre-launch fandom invading every part of the interwebs. RIP BP o7

You know the funny part?.... if the game really is launched on the 29th, the same users that had doubts and endlessly posted them on this very thread, will still find a reason to continue to be negative and spinning it their way.....

Roll
DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#1375 - 2014-05-18 03:42:49 UTC  |  Edited by: DaReaper
digitalwanderer wrote:
Webvan wrote:
digitalwanderer wrote:

Twisted

You know the funny part?.... if the game really is launched on the 29th, the same users that had doubts and endlessly posted them on this very thread, will still find a reason to continue to be negative and spinning it their way.....

Roll

you know what's even funnier? The fact that you think just because the dfm or Arena Commander, is launched on the delayed third time, time, that it will change any of the opinions of us. It won;t. Because that is a small aspect of what is suppose to come out, as a whole. DFM could come out and just compete with valk and that might be the end.

My guess, once everything is put together, all what 5 components he is launching sperately, come together and you see the big picture, only then will you know. I don;t think is vapor ware, i actually think it will all come out. I just doubt it will a) be a huge success long term and b) do jack **** to eve.

I hold judgement on A, but most of the crap spouted by the two who seem to be holding there breath till this thing come out, make me think this game will be the biggest flop in video game history. But i was wrong about the ipad so what do i know.

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#1376 - 2014-05-18 03:45:57 UTC
digitalwanderer wrote:
Webvan wrote:
digitalwanderer wrote:

Twisted

Roll

and of course, as i said above, until the ENTIRE game is out, and all the pieces are working together, you really dunno how it will play or run. As each on there own could be a lot of fun, but the moment you sandwich it together you might find that was fun alone, now is a pita with all the other stuff added.

Eve For life.

digitalwanderer
DW inc
#1377 - 2014-05-18 04:13:44 UTC  |  Edited by: digitalwanderer
See, the excuses start to come out rather than eat their own words....P

I never mentioned the entire game even once or how it'll balance out or any of that, it was you that insisted more times than I can count that we still had nothing to show for it except the hangar....

Roll
DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#1378 - 2014-05-18 15:29:41 UTC
digitalwanderer wrote:
See, the excuses start to come out rather than eat their own words....P

I never mentioned the entire game even once or how it'll balance out or any of that, it was you that insisted more times than I can count that we still had nothing to show for it except the hangar....

Roll

correct. because they still don;t. in 11 days they might. but i never talking about DFM, i mean he entire game. As until then you don;t know how anything will actually work. which is what i have said form my very first post. you just seem to think that the DFM being out, if it comes out, changes things, when it doesn;t. Reading comprehension ftw

Eve For life.

raven666wings
Cyber Chaos Crew
#1379 - 2014-05-18 16:32:49 UTC  |  Edited by: raven666wings
DaReaper wrote:

correct. because they still don;t. in 11 days they might. but i never talking about DFM, i mean he entire game. As until then you don;t know how anything will actually work. which is what i have said form my very first post. you just seem to think that the DFM being out, if it comes out, changes things, when it doesn;t. Reading comprehension ftw

Please refer to this post to learn how the final version of the game will work. That information has been released before by the community manager and the lead game designer.
Dorian Tormak
RBON United
#1380 - 2014-05-18 16:41:50 UTC
Seems like some people still have a death grip on Star Citizens ball sack.

I feel like a SC "fan" is more like just an Eve bitter veteran.

Holy Satanic Christ! This is a Goddamn Signature!