These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

About the Eos' model

First post First post First post
Author
Rin Corsi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#41 - 2013-06-01 21:18:03 UTC
T2 Myrm? My body is ready.
Jonas Sukarala
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#42 - 2013-06-01 21:19:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonas Sukarala
Also couldn't all pirate ships get unique hulls?
Also find it odd with navy frigs being unique and only one how about some more ships here?
- Breacher fleet issue - missiles and mobility like talwar mwd bonus
- Tristan navy issue - drones like navy vexor
- Merlin navy issue - blasters and HP bonus
- Tormentor navy issue - drones/lasers

'Tech3 ships need to be put down, like a rabid dog drooling everywhere in the house, they are out of line' CCP Ytterbium Nerf missile range into place where is the TD missile change?  ..projectiles should use capacitor. ABC's should be T2 HABC and nerf web strength its still too high

Yaturi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#43 - 2013-06-01 21:21:25 UTC
zbaaca wrote:
SanshaGrey wrote:
Jonas Sukarala wrote:
all T2 hulls would be awesome with unique models based on the appropriate hull.

+1. Sound cool for me. HACs do have different hulls, why shouldn't CS and AS have them? Just imagine Kestrel-based Hawk, Tristran-based Ishkur, not to mention Hurri-Sleip. Wouldn't that be AWESOME?

good idea

Superb idea
Alua Oresson
League of the Shieldy
SLYCE Pirates
#44 - 2013-06-01 21:28:31 UTC
Personally, I don't like the idea. This was already done with the Covert Ops ships, and it ended up with having an ugly Helios. I think that it could have been done earlier fairly easy, but too much time has passed now to change them.

http://pvpwannabe.blogspot.com/

Zamnir Kuha
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#45 - 2013-06-01 21:31:52 UTC
Why not keep the Field Command Ships as they are? Personally all the fleet command ships would look better with the Harbinger/myrmordon/cane/drake skins.
Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#46 - 2013-06-01 21:35:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Alvatore DiMarco
CCP Fozzie wrote:
This is something I've been thinking about during my predesign for the command ships.

I'll start with this disclaimer, we will never feel that we need to make hull designs match the function of every ship. So there's no NEED to switch the hulls on any command ships. This is not something we've decided to do, but it is something we could do and would like your opinions on.

It might be interesting to convert half the command ships into the other BC hull, picking the one that matches their weapon type at the T1 level.

That would (potentially) mean:

• Eos would use the Myrm hull
  • Sleipnir would use the Hurricane hull
  • Abso would use the Harb hull
  • Nighthawk would use the Drake hull

• This is the kind of thing that we'd expect many people would have strong opinions about, and since it wouldn't have direct gameplay effects we wouldn't consider it worth doing unless there was some significant community support for the idea that overwhelms the opposition.

So, hypothetically, what do you guys think?

This absolutely must happen.

Maybe you could convince an art dev to make some sketches of how they would look. Or perhaps Apricot Baby could stop in on this thread and throw us some models of it.
    Caius Argentis
    Sebiestor Tribe
    Minmatar Republic
    #47 - 2013-06-01 21:37:37 UTC
    Do it.
    Grarr Dexx
    Cassowaries
    #48 - 2013-06-01 21:38:41 UTC
    Not the Sleipnir :/ such an iconic ship.
    Shinzhi Xadi
    Doomheim
    #49 - 2013-06-01 21:41:36 UTC
    As a 5+ year eve player, I think this is a wonderful idea!

Make it so!

Mac Pro dual 6-core Xeon 3.06ghz, 24gig ecc ram, EVGA GTX 680 Mac Edition, Intel SSD, OS X Yosemite and Windows 8.1 Pro.

criativa
    Zugleich Techniken
    #50 - 2013-06-01 21:43:56 UTC
    CCP Fozzie wrote:
    This is something I've been thinking about during my predesign for the command ships.

• So, hypothetically, what do you guys think?

Yes, please!

+1
    Qestroy
    TaxIsTheft
    #51 - 2013-06-01 21:45:21 UTC
    CCP Fozzie wrote:
    Threestep wrote:
    I like it. Would they still keep their corp/paint schemes?

Yes, they'd have the same paintjob as before, just with different hulls.

The art guys have also been slowly updating many T2 ships to have modified geometry compared to the T2 hulls, so either way someday the command ships will likely end up being a bit different, but that would likely come later.

Yes. Give me a sexy red harbinger, now :P
    Alvatore DiMarco
    #52 - 2013-06-01 21:46:02 UTC
    Grarr Dexx wrote:
    Not the Sleipnir :/ such an iconic ship.

I'm fairly sure the Hurricane is more iconic.
    Destoya
    Habitual Euthanasia
    Pandemic Legion
    #53 - 2013-06-01 21:47:05 UTC
    Alvatore DiMarco wrote:

I'm fairly sure the Hurricane is more iconic.

The alliance tournament community would like to respectfully disagree
    Alvatore DiMarco
    #54 - 2013-06-01 21:54:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Alvatore DiMarco
    Duly noted. It may also be worth mentioning that the Cyclone isn't even a projectile boat anymore so changing the turret-based Sleip to a Cane hull is much more sensible anyway.

Saying "this ship is iconic, don't change it" when other iconic ships have been fooled around with (Tempest, Apocalypse, Megathron, Raven to a degree) doesn't seem entirely consistent to me.

Honestly, if only one ship is going to stand in the way of this then my opinion is that perhaps it's best to just change that ship. It's the same opinion I'd have about changing any ship. There is tons of support for a CreoDron Myrmidon and I've yet to see any missile pilots see a Kaalakiota Drake and not say "Hell yes I would fly that". There aren't any people saying "A Carthum Conglomerate Harbinger would be awful", either.

I'll go around to all the people I know and see about getting them to come voice their opinions here, whatever they may be. Everyone else who has more than a passing interest in this should do the same.
    Kirimeena D'Zbrkesbris
    Republic Military Tax Avoiders
    #55 - 2013-06-01 21:56:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Kirimeena D'Zbrkesbris
    If Sleipnir is to keep cyclone hull - change it to missile boat because i dont want to see missile hurricane if CCP follows own idea of different weapon platforms on command ships.
    AC Cane is more iconic than AC Sleipnir, especially with recent Cyclone changes. imo.

Opinions are like assholes. Everybody got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.

Nova Fox
    Novafox Shipyards
    #56 - 2013-06-01 21:56:49 UTC
    If its an all or nothing deal... well slephnir you had a fair run but I think a hurricane dressed in your role and colors would be suitable.

I am all for this, variety is good.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Liner Xiandra
    Sparks Inc
    #57 - 2013-06-01 21:57:36 UTC
    I'm all for it if it also gets a slight model alteration that isn't just a new texture job.
    Mourning Souls
    Minmatar Republic
    #58 - 2013-06-01 22:01:17 UTC
    CCP Fozzie wrote:

• Yes!
    Hell yes!
    Please no, Damnation would be very cool though.
    I don't like the Drake hull, but it could look cool so I'm okay with it.
    Alvatore DiMarco
    #59 - 2013-06-01 22:04:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Alvatore DiMarco
    Kirimeena D'Zbrkesbris wrote:
    If Sleipnir is to keep cyclone hull - change it to missile boat because i dont want to see missile hurricane if CCP follows own idea of different weapon platforms on command ships.
    AC Cane is more iconic than AC Sleipnir, especially with recent Cyclone changes. imo.

Err.. Nobody's changing the Sleip to missiles. The Claymore is going to become the missile CS and the Sleip will remain AC.

Liner Xiandra wrote:
    I'm all for it if it also gets a slight model alteration that isn't just a new texture job.

Given the way the Art department is giving all the Marauders unique custom models, I would anticipate all the T2 ships are going to be made to look somewhat different from their T1 counterparts. It may not happen right at first, but it would almost certainly happen.
    Rroff
    Antagonistic Tendencies
    #60 - 2013-06-01 22:05:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Rroff
    CCP Fozzie wrote:
    Cards on the table, the Sleipnir is the ship I have the greatest emotional attachment to of any ship in EVE. It would look great as a Hurricane, but it would also look DIFFERENT and that makes me feel confused feelings deep inside my heart.

I also don't think this kind of change would be worthwhile unless we did all four and converted them into those specific hulls, since any deviation would make it harder for a new player trying to get information from their looks.

So it's kinda an all or nothing deal, which is what makes it such a difficult question.

Have to agree with this Sleipnir with the Claymore hull is iconic the Hurricane hull for it just seems wrong somehow. The rest of the switches make sense tho but also at the same time the Eos is the best looking take on the Brutix hull IMO and I'd be sad to see it go (while I think the myrm hull makes more sense).

Shame in a way there can't be 2 identical stat versions of the hull with the different looks i.e. CreoDron issue Eos for the Brutix look and Navy issue Eos for the Myrmidon hull (or whoever would be appropriate for issuing that hull - roden?) but that could be confusing.