These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

About the Eos' model

First post First post First post
Author
IamBeastx
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#21 - 2013-06-01 20:53:13 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:

• Eos would use the Myrm hull
  • Sleipnir would use the Hurricane hull
  • Abso would use the Harb hull
  • Nighthawk would use the Drake hull

• Yes to EOS hull change.
    Yes to Abso hull change.
    Yes to Nighthawk hull change.

No to sleipnir hull change, this ship is far too widely known and remembered with its current hull, almost EVERY tournament and day to day fighting it gets seen.

Change the claymore hull maybe, but deffo no to sleipnir hull change imo.

All my life i wanted to be someone, now i know i should have been more specific.

AyayaPanda
    Ministry of War
    Amarr Empire
    #22 - 2013-06-01 20:56:40 UTC
    Although fat chicken looks better than harby, I still approve this proposal.
    Joelleaveek
    Center for Advanced Studies
    Gallente Federation
    #23 - 2013-06-01 20:57:31 UTC
    yes, oh please yes.
    Yaturi
    The Scope
    Gallente Federation
    #24 - 2013-06-01 20:58:07 UTC
    Yes to hull switch

Cry Thank you Fozzie
    Torskelrak
    Revenent Defence Corperation
    Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
    #25 - 2013-06-01 21:00:08 UTC
    Good idea. How about making the different gang link modules change the shape of the ship slightly like a moduler ship?
    EG. Information gang links make the ship have slightly more antenna's
    Armour gang links, make the ship slightly bulkier, like adding extra armour plates

Or maybe a fleet ship is slightly different to the field ship bit same hulls?
    Shu-Ning
    Garoun Investment Bank
    Gallente Federation
    #26 - 2013-06-01 21:00:28 UTC
    I like that idea. Different models bring more fun.
    Bienator II
    madmen of the skies
    #27 - 2013-06-01 21:00:41 UTC
    a black harb + a red harb? You are asking if we would want to have those? HELL YES!

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Seth Asthereun
    Blank-Space
    Northern Coalition.
    #28 - 2013-06-01 21:01:53 UTC
    IamBeastx wrote:
    CCP Fozzie wrote:

Yes to Abso hull change.

No to sleipnir hull change, this ship is far too widely known and remembered with its current hull, almost EVERY tournament and day to day fighting it gets seen.

This!!!!
    Jonas Sukarala
    Deep Core Mining Inc.
    Caldari State
    #29 - 2013-06-01 21:02:12 UTC
    IamBeastx wrote:
    CCP Fozzie wrote:

Yes to Abso hull change.

i kind of agree on the no to sleipnir using the cane model i find it hard to imagine even though it should follow the cane model..
    The sleipnir is quite iconic autocannon ship like the vaga.
    I don't think people would mind an exception in this case.

'Tech3 ships need to be put down, like a rabid dog drooling everywhere in the house, they are out of line' CCP Ytterbium Nerf missile range into place where is the TD missile change?  ..projectiles should use capacitor. ABC's should be T2 HABC and nerf web strength its still too high

Jennifer Christage
    Token Industries
    The Yacht and Whiskey Club
    #30 - 2013-06-01 21:03:01 UTC
    No, the old models are iconic and should remain as they are.
    Turelus
    Utassi Security
    #31 - 2013-06-01 21:04:26 UTC
    The Ferox hull is just way more sexy than the Drake though...

Why not wait until these new changes the art teams working on than change it now and then changing it again later when we're again getting used to it? Also that seems a better reason to change than doing this now "just because" and upsetting everyone who currently likes the looks.

Turelus CEO Utassi Security

CCP Fozzie
    C C P
    C C P Alliance
    #32 - 2013-06-01 21:05:44 UTC
    Cards on the table, the Sleipnir is the ship I have the greatest emotional attachment to of any ship in EVE. It would look great as a Hurricane, but it would also look DIFFERENT and that makes me feel confused feelings deep inside my heart.

I also don't think this kind of change would be worthwhile unless we did all four and converted them into those specific hulls, since any deviation would make it harder for a new player trying to get information from their looks.

So it's kinda an all or nothing deal, which is what makes it such a difficult question.

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
    Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

zbaaca
    Republic Military Tax Avoiders
    #33 - 2013-06-01 21:06:29 UTC
    i would say , if change models then change all of them , no exceptions, if leave them as they now then , again, all of them

Bugs are opportunities to cause unprecedented amounts of destruction. --Zorgn ♡♡♡

Destoya
    Habitual Euthanasia
    Pandemic Legion
    #34 - 2013-06-01 21:06:32 UTC
    I'm kind of torn to be honest.

On one hand the current field command ships are extremely iconic (sleipnir and absolution especially). However, eos being a myrmidon makes more sense, and differentiation in the ship class is good and would serve to illustrate the differences between the rebalanced command ships (like the current HACs)

I think it would really depend in what form differentiated t2 hulls would come, and how fast. Dont think it would be a huge issue for nostalgia purposes if sleipnir got a badass hurricance model or similar.
    Willaev
    The Fork
    Clever Use of Neutral Toons
    #35 - 2013-06-01 21:10:12 UTC
    CCP Fozzie wrote:

• So, hypothetically, what do you guys think?

1000x Yes.
    Alex Decu
    TOP DAMAGE Ltd.
    Unspoken Alliance.
    #36 - 2013-06-01 21:12:01 UTC
    Definitely yes to all hull changes.
    Cause sometimes you are bored to see same ship model for years.
    ISD Suvetar
    ISD Community Communications Liaisons
    ISD Alliance
    #37 - 2013-06-01 21:14:09 UTC
    CCP Fozzie wrote:

• AWW YISS!

[b]ISD Suvetar Captain/Commando Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs) Interstellar Services Department[/b]

SanshaGrey
    Data Retrieval Inc.
    #38 - 2013-06-01 21:15:17 UTC  |  Edited by: SanshaGrey
    Jonas Sukarala wrote:
    all T2 hulls would be awesome with unique models based on the appropriate hull.

+1. Sound cool for me. HACs do have different hulls, why shouldn't CS and AS have them? Just imagine Kestrel-based Hawk, Tristran-based Ishkur, not to mention Hurri-Sleip. Wouldn't that be AWESOME?
    Theodore Giumbix
    Science and Trade Institute
    Caldari State
    #39 - 2013-06-01 21:16:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Theodore Giumbix
    CCP Fozzie wrote:
    That would (potentially) mean:

• This is the kind of thing that we'd expect many people would have strong opinions about, and since it wouldn't have direct gameplay effects we wouldn't consider it worth doing unless there was some significant community support for the idea that overwhelms the opposition.

So, hypothetically, what do you guys think?

This would actually make more sense.

And speaking about things that makes sense, Caldari also needs some faction hybrid boats, we have enough missile/drone faction boats.
    - frigates: Caldari Navy Hookbill (missile) , Worm (missile & drones) , even tho Merlin is a hybrid boat
    - cruisers: Caracal Navy Issue (missile) , Osprey Navy Issue (missile) , Gila (missile&drones even tho the moa & eagle use hybrid guns)
    - battlecruisers: Drake Navy Issue (missile)
    - battleships: Raven Navy Issue (missile), Scorpion Navy Issue (missiles), Rattlesnake (missile&drones)

How about some faction ferox/rokh hull boats with hybrid guns for caldari and change Gila to use hybrid guns too ?

Yo, New Eden, got capsuleers in da house. What's up? And their pimped rides. Yo, capsuleer, if ya want me to unpimp your ride, lemme hear ya say Wat?

zbaaca
    Republic Military Tax Avoiders
    #40 - 2013-06-01 21:17:59 UTC
    SanshaGrey wrote:
    Jonas Sukarala wrote:
    all T2 hulls would be awesome with unique models based on the appropriate hull.

+1. Sound cool for me. HACs do have different hulls, why shouldn't CS and AS have them? Just imagine Kestrel-based Hawk, Tristran-based Ishkur, not to mention Hurri-Sleip. Wouldn't that be AWESOME?

good idea

Bugs are opportunities to cause unprecedented amounts of destruction. --Zorgn ♡♡♡