These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

How much would you pay to be able to Wardec an NPC corp?

Author
Doc Severide
Doomheim
#141 - 2013-05-16 21:50:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Doc Severide
Bloody Wench wrote:
Might get them out into some real Corps.

Which corps are those?

I have no interest at all in filling out a bloody 30 page application and wasting my time trying to impress someone whose opinion means nothing to me, just to get into another "basic, boring, run of the mill corporation." This is a game For fart sakes not the CIA...

Tell me how I'll never get in a "Good" Corp. We all know everyone wants to get into a Good Corp. Um, No... I fly Solo, I have for years, it's how I will play until joining a corp isn't an exercise in stupidity. Am I missing out on things? Sure but I can live with it just fine. I'm getting value for my 15 bucks a month and that all that matters to me...
Arielle Lima
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#142 - 2013-05-16 22:08:23 UTC
It's not just a matter of getting us to join corps.

Corps simply don't want us.

The supposed "Good" corps have such tough entrance rules that many people just can't meet them. And people like me also don't want to be providing our API's all the time. It's the principal of the thing. Way to many hoops to jump through. So you might say "Well then you can forget about getting in a good corp". Fine...we don't want to join a corp anyway thats why I sit for 4 years in an NPC Corp...And then there is all the stories I have heard about new players joining a corp only to have theri paltry items stolen and them kicked out the same day.

Oh and then we join a corp and are required to sit on comms every time we log in, are ordered to CTA's when sometimes we just want to log in for 1/2 an hour, and then sitting for 2 hours prepping for a roam that fails 15 minutes after starting because 1/2 the people had to leave to burp the baby or respond to a nagging wife... I'm amazed that anything ever actually gets off the ground...
To Be Me
Doomheim
#143 - 2013-05-16 22:09:46 UTC
zero.

thumbs up if you like :))))

Asuri Kinnes
Perkone
Caldari State
#144 - 2013-05-16 22:10:39 UTC
Bloody Wench wrote:
250m a week?

A Billion?....Two? TEN?

I think it would be a good change to the game. Certainly for those hundreds of players in them. Might get them out into some real Corps.

tl:dr Immunity to wardecs is 'tehghey'.

2008 wants it's thread back...

Bob is the god of Wormholes.

That's all you need to know.

Corey Fumimasa
CFM Salvage
#145 - 2013-05-16 22:22:03 UTC
Arielle Lima wrote:

The supposed "Good" corps have such tough entrance rules that many people just can't meet them. And people like me also don't want to be providing our API's all the time. It's the principal of the thing. Way to many hoops to jump through. So you might say "Well then you can forget about getting in a good corp". Fine...we don't want to join a corp anyway thats why I sit for 4 years in an NPC Corp...And then there is all the stories I have heard about new players joining a corp only to have theri paltry items stolen and them kicked out the same day.

Oh and then we join a corp and are required to sit on comms every time we log in, are ordered to CTA's when sometimes we just want to log in for 1/2 an hour, and then sitting for 2 hours prepping for a roam that fails 15 minutes after starting because 1/2 the people had to leave to burp the baby or respond to a nagging wife... I'm amazed that anything ever actually gets off the ground...

Corps don't want you! I'm shocked! Simply stunned. I don't know what to say...

FW is always looking for people, same RvB but you need an alt income for that. Once you have a beginner pvp corp in your folder for 2 or 3 months, and you can fly in lowsec then corps will be more interested.

There's plenty of come as you are casual alliances out there that can put together great fleets and group ops.
Josef Djugashvilis
#146 - 2013-05-16 22:23:47 UTC
Steve Ronuken wrote:
Gealbhan wrote:
Where's the Honor, Glory and Bragging Rights in killing a bunch of one day old newbs. Oh, that's right there is none. Arrow

How about the 5 year old vet who's staying in the NPC corp?

They pays their money, they plays their game.

Oh, that's right, Eve is only a sand-box if folk play the way you want them to.

This is not a signature.

Arielle Lima
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#147 - 2013-05-16 23:00:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Arielle Lima
Corey Fumimasa wrote:
Arielle Lima wrote:

Corps don't want you! I'm shocked! Simply stunned. I don't know what to say...

FW is always looking for people, same RvB but you need an alt income for that. Once you have a beginner pvp corp in your folder for 2 or 3 months, and you can fly in lowsec then corps will be more interested.

There's plenty of come as you are casual alliances out there that can put together great fleets and group ops.

I'm speaking figuratively.

I've done FW. unless you are in an FW corp people don't want you in their fleets because "You are way to new. You must be a spy"...

RvB... um no, it's way too limited...

NPC Corp FTW...
Bloody Wench
#148 - 2013-05-16 23:12:07 UTC
Arielle Lima wrote:

Why not just be in your own corp then? It costs bugger all.

[u]**Shepard Wong Ogeko wrote: **[/u]  CCP should not only make local delayed in highsec, but they should also require one be undocked to use it. Then, even the local spammers have some skin in the game. Support a High Resolution Texture Pack

Six Six Six
Doomheim
#149 - 2013-05-16 23:26:00 UTC
Bloody Wench wrote:
Arielle Lima wrote:

Actually I wouldn't advise a solo corp unless you're an alt or trader. The conversation is dire.
Arielle Lima
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#150 - 2013-05-16 23:44:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Arielle Lima
Bloody Wench wrote:
Arielle Lima wrote:

I have my own corp. I also have a few non training alts that live in an NPC corp just so I have someone to chat with...This is one of the training characters I have to resell...
La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#151 - 2013-05-17 01:30:22 UTC  |  Edited by: La Nariz
Josef Djugashvilis wrote:
Steve Ronuken wrote:
Gealbhan wrote:
Where's the Honor, Glory and Bragging Rights in killing a bunch of one day old newbs. Oh, that's right there is none. Arrow

For some reason its only okay to use this reasoning against pvpers but when pvpers use it, its not okay, unrealistic and will destroy CCP's financial integrity. The only thing your sub money gets you is the ability to log in, it does not guarantee you a single player online experience.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#152 - 2013-05-17 01:54:53 UTC
Doc Severide wrote:
I have no interest at all in filling out a bloody 30 page application

Show me a single corp that wants you to fill out a 30-page application. I'll wait.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Christopher Caldaris
Caldaris Enterprises LLC
#153 - 2013-05-17 02:11:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Christopher Caldaris
I play this character as a solo RP character. I have a backstory, and goals to fulfill within my RP set story. It's not part of my lore to leave Hi-Sec at the moment, I haven't gotten to that part of my story yet.

I have an alt account that I use to try and do ship PvP, I was killed about 40 times in a row and lost all my money, it wasn't fun and I sucked at it.

I left my previous Corps because of war declaration. The enemy sat outside our station for hours and hours, we were a small, rag-tag group of people who enjoyed mining and deep conversation, we were unable to enjoy the game, so we were forced to leave each other and move on to other things.

I don't care if someone is in an NPC Corp, I don't care if NPC Corps are able to have war declared upon them, I just care that I can log into the game, play another chapter of my story, deal with any curveballs that are thrown at me, and progress.

If CCP decide to make NPC corps a war target so be it, either deal with it or unsubscribe, if CCP decide to make being in NPC corps even safer so be it, either deal with it or unsubscribe.
Destiny Corrupted
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
Senpai's Afterschool Anime and Gaming Club
#154 - 2013-05-17 02:13:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Destiny Corrupted
Christopher Caldaris wrote:
If CCP decide to make NPC corps a war target so be it, either deal with it or unsubscribe, if CCP decide to make being in NPC corps even safer so be it, either deal with it or unsubscribe.

I understand and respect your sentiment, but the problem with NPC corporations and safety isn't some kind of matter of principle in the sense that we pvpers simply shun that kind of play style; it's that the safety shrouds these peoples' ability to make copious amounts of money with an impenetrable barrier of NPC protection. That's simply not good for a game like EVE online.

I wrote some true EVE stories! And no, they're not of the generic "my 0.0 alliance had lots of 0.0 fleets and took a lot of 0.0 space" sort. Check them out here:

https://truestories.eveonline.com/users/2074-destiny-corrupted

Christopher Caldaris
Caldaris Enterprises LLC
#155 - 2013-05-17 02:19:07 UTC
Destiny Corrupted wrote:

I understand and respect your sentiment, but the problem with NPC corporations and safety isn't some kind of matter of principle in the sense that we pvpers simply shun that kind of play style; it's that the safety shrouds these peoples' ability to make copious amounts of money with an impenetrable barrier of NPC protection. That's simply not good for a game like EVE online.

I understand, and there may not be an easy solution that everyone can agree on. Some people may have to make a choice, to continue playing, or to end their time in space. I will adapt to whatever comes at me, because I truly enjoy playing the game, floating among my rocky compatriots is a relaxing activity for me. If CCP decide to let people kill everyone in Hi-Sec, well then I guess I'll have to figure out how to mine and dodge at the same time.
Six Six Six
Doomheim
#156 - 2013-05-17 03:07:12 UTC
Destiny Corrupted wrote:

I understand, and there may not be an easy solution that everyone can agree on. Some people may have to make a choice, to continue playing, or to end their time in space. I will adapt to whatever comes at me, because I truly enjoy playing the game, floating among my rocky compatriots is a relaxing activity for me. If CCP decide to let people kill everyone in Hi-Sec, well then I guess I'll have to figure out how to mine and dodge at the same time.

PvPers keep wanting to reduce possible income generated in high-sec as I understand it (or at least that's part of it).

Problem I see with that is if you lower the rewards too low then those rewards become meaningless and people won't bother with them.

There's also a lot of people in high-sec that don't make copious amounts of money, which would more than likely cause problems for them if rewards were cut.

The funny thing is the ones you set out to hurt will more than likely be the ones least effected (ok, maybe hurt is not the right word, but it's late here).

Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#157 - 2013-05-17 03:09:01 UTC
La Nariz wrote:
Josef Djugashvilis wrote:
Steve Ronuken wrote:
Gealbhan wrote:

For some reason its only okay to use this reasoning against pvpers but when pvpers use it, its not okay, unrealistic and will destroy CCP's financial integrity. The only thing your sub money gets you is the ability to log in, it does not guarantee you a single player online experience.

"Sandbox" has always been and always will be a stupid fail argument for both side of the debate. It should be clear to everyone that an argument that can be flipped from one side to the other without any effort at all is a stupid argument. Everybody has all the freedom they want as long as they accept the result of thier action. Some action have different penalties/cost as decided by the devs. If those rules are to be cahnged, it should be for actual reason and not "SANDBOX!!!!" .

We all need to remember when we were kids playing in actual sandbox. You had the right to kick the other guy's sandcastle as long as you were willing to get concordoken by whoever was watching over kids. Your sec status was usualy taking the form of informing your parent. Grinding that abck up could take weeks if not months..
Christopher Caldaris
Caldaris Enterprises LLC
#158 - 2013-05-17 03:17:06 UTC
Six Six Six wrote:
Destiny Corrupted wrote:

PvPers keep wanting to reduce possible income generated in high-sec as I understand it (or at least that's part of it).

Problem I see with that is if you lower the rewards too low then those rewards become meaningless and people won't bother with them.

There's also a lot of people in high-sec that don't make copious amounts of money, which would more than likely cause problems for them if rewards were cut.

The funny thing is the ones you set out to hurt will more than likely be the ones least effected (ok, maybe hurt is not the right word, but it's late here).

I certainly don't make copious amounts of money doing my mining, and I respect those that have figured out how to do it. There is a fine balance to these types of things, if you make it so easy to kill people in Hi-Sec, then the people who enjoy playing in Hi-Sec will be unhappy, if you make it too hard to kill people in Hi-Sec, then the people who want to do the killing will be unhappy.

The only reward that you should aquire in this game is the one you make for yourself. I can't speculate on what changes to the game mechanics could bring about. If it is announced that NPC corps will be allowed to be war targets, then that's what's going to happen. All the incessant arguing and bickering back and forth about who is right and who is wrong it pointless.

Destiny Corrupted
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
Senpai's Afterschool Anime and Gaming Club
#159 - 2013-05-17 03:41:29 UTC
The only reward that you should aquire in this game is the one you make for yourself. I can't speculate on what changes to the game mechanics could bring about. If it is announced that NPC corps will be allowed to be war targets, then that's what's going to happen. All the incessant arguing and bickering back and forth about who is right and who is wrong it pointless.

Our voices do influence the decisions CCP makes. While as developers they make many calls entirely unilaterally, there are plenty of cases where player sentiment is the deciding factor in the implementation of new features.

I wrote some true EVE stories! And no, they're not of the generic "my 0.0 alliance had lots of 0.0 fleets and took a lot of 0.0 space" sort. Check them out here:

https://truestories.eveonline.com/users/2074-destiny-corrupted

Bloody Wench
#160 - 2013-05-17 05:27:50 UTC
I'm very impressed with the rational discussion in this thread. There's been one or two attempts to devolve it into yet another exercise in name calling and yet nobody has bitten.

So kudos to all of you.

These NPC corps, if they could be mobilised into a coherent fighting force, holy crap!
Several hundred pilots online across all time zones, you'd be unstoppable.
Even just a Rifter zerg would strike fear into the hearts of 'leetpvp' types.
Don't get me wrong the losses would be tremendous, but hilarious to see.
You'd have alliances docking up left and right and then THEY would come here and moan about being on the other side of the fence for a change.

Like a disorganised GoonSwarm, it would go down in history.

My little wish for eve.

[u]**Shepard Wong Ogeko wrote: **[/u]  CCP should not only make local delayed in highsec, but they should also require one be undocked to use it. Then, even the local spammers have some skin in the game. Support a High Resolution Texture Pack