These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

TORNADO (pic released by CCP)

First post
Author
Kamden Line
Sovereign Citizen and other Tax Evasion Schemes
#41 - 2011-10-18 09:03:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Kamden Line
Reminds me of the Revenant super-cap that actually requires you to train two racial carriers.
Sh0plifter
Underworld Property Accounting Partnership
#42 - 2011-10-18 10:39:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Sh0plifter
Alec Freeman wrote:
SMT008 wrote:
Add it to the Thukker Tribe ? Since those guys are minmatars. Longrange webs, shield tanking powerhouse.

A battleship with web bonuses would be extremely awesome. Also a great loot pinata for the currently underused officer webs.

Bhaalghorn? Vindicator?

Honestly, these do look nice. I forsee them being stupid popular for fleet battles considering they get the EWAR bonuses to all of them, minus the caldari one. Looks like it could be the new drake though. Lol Hopefully these require you to have multiple skill sets to certain levels to even fly the ship. I'd hate to see people flying them who dont even have the skill-set to even remotely fly this thing close to right.

Start maxing out your EWAR-powers. Fleet fights about to get rough.
Headerman
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#43 - 2011-10-18 11:07:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Headerman
Tornado + True Sansha webber FTW

I think it would need a touch more CPU and PG than the Pest though

Australian Fanfest Event https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=90062

Cypher Decypher
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#44 - 2011-10-18 11:08:38 UTC
Turn it into the Minnie Black Ops boat.

The Panther looks so dull :(
Zhilia Mann
Tide Way Out Productions
#45 - 2011-10-18 16:45:05 UTC
Scatim Helicon wrote:
The competition was just to get the hull model into the game, not necessarily in the form that the designer intended, so there's no guarantee that the Tornado will be a battleship (let alone one with 7 midslots and a web bonus as was put on the original contest entry).

More relevantly, I remember pouring over the fine print and I for one never saw a promise to make the hull pilotable by players at all. Let's hope it doesn't go that direction, but that's a loophole everyone seems to have forgotten in the past year.
Tanya Powers
Doomheim
#46 - 2011-10-18 18:02:08 UTC
Cypher Decypher wrote:
Turn it into the Minnie Black Ops boat.

The Panther looks so dull :(

Hahaha Panther is SEXY compared with Sin.

Wylee Coyote
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#47 - 2011-10-18 19:06:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Wylee Coyote
Zhilia Mann wrote:
More relevantly, I remember pouring over the fine print and I for one never saw a promise to make the hull pilotable by players at all. Let's hope it doesn't go that direction, but that's a loophole everyone seems to have forgotten in the past year.

You didn't read well enough then...
http://news.deviantart.com/article/128272/
Last sentence of the first paragragh.

Directly linked to via CCP themselves here;
http://www.eveonline.com/news.asp?a=single&nid=4111&tid=1

Linked to again in the contest results at the bottom (Read contest article button);
http://news.deviantart.com/article/133951/

All this was found in the first two responses to googling "Eve ship building contest"...
Kordoc
Death Metal Rooster
#48 - 2011-10-18 20:11:33 UTC
Limited Edition.
Quantity = One.
Lottery.
Tickets bought with AUR.

Zhilia Mann
Tide Way Out Productions
#49 - 2011-10-18 20:36:21 UTC
Wylee Coyote wrote:
You didn't read well enough then...
http://news.deviantart.com/article/128272/
Last sentence of the first paragragh.

Directly linked to via CCP themselves here;
http://www.eveonline.com/news.asp?a=single&nid=4111&tid=1

Linked to again in the contest results at the bottom (Read contest article button);
http://news.deviantart.com/article/133951/

All this was found in the first two responses to googling "Eve ship building contest"...

Fair enough. Happily retracted.
Jamaican Herbsman
I Love You Mary Jane
#50 - 2011-10-18 23:51:06 UTC
Vimsy Vortis wrote:

Haha don't be silly, T1 minmatar ewar is target painters, webs are a T2 bonus.

Enjoy your 7.5% bonus to target painter effectiveness and 5% bonus to large projectile turret rate of fire per level :)

Itsa giant belicose.

Probably this...

Kordoc wrote:
Limited Edition.
Quantity = One.
Lottery.
Tickets bought with AUR.

And/or some combination of these.

I just hope CCP won't F it up.
Forum Bottom Boy
Doomheim
#51 - 2011-10-19 04:12:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Forum Bottom Boy
St Mio wrote:
Epiphaniess wrote:
Oh, and who is the guy with the finger to his lips, and the guy working on the ship?

(from left to right) CCP Samson, CCP Rubber Wrists

CCP Duckface is looking hella hot in that pic all bent over that desk. More Duck face pics! Oh and the ship looks good too.
Jacob Holland
Weyland-Vulcan Industries
#52 - 2011-10-19 12:36:57 UTC
Kordoc wrote:
Limited Edition.
Quantity = One.
Lottery.
Tickets bought with AUR.

One of the primary values of NeX is the efficiency with which it uses art assets - that would be completely annihalated by the building of an entire new hull, skins...etc for a one off.

I would guess it will be a Thukker Faction ship using the pirate faction mould (Caldari/Minmatar) and that it will probably be available in the same way as the customs offices (though hopefully not at 20 billion per print).
Aeril Malkyre
Knights of the Ouroboros
#53 - 2011-10-19 15:24:16 UTC
Jacob Holland wrote:
One of the primary values of NeX is the efficiency with which it uses art assets - that would be completely annihalated by the building of an entire new hull, skins...etc for a one off.

Exactly this. It will be in wide availability, even if it's only through a faction loyalty store or something of the like.
Fronkfurter McSheebleton
Horse Feathers
CAStabouts
#54 - 2011-10-19 21:05:23 UTC
Hey I have that same mouse....it's quite nice.

thhief ghabmoef

Remarka Belle Locus
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#55 - 2011-10-20 00:15:12 UTC
Am I the only person that doesn't think the Tornado looks good? If I wasn't already convinced that many people have bad taste, I'd say that you are all so desperate for a new ship that you guys will overlook it's terrible design because you are all just so excited to be getting anything at all.
Headerman
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#56 - 2011-10-20 00:57:02 UTC
Remarka Belle Locus wrote:
Am I the only person that doesn't think the Tornado looks good? If I wasn't already convinced that many people have bad taste, I'd say that you are all so desperate for a new ship that you guys will overlook it's terrible design because you are all just so excited to be getting anything at all.

Well it won the 'Design a Ship' competition.. so obviously more than yourself really like it, don't you agree? Smile

Australian Fanfest Event https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=90062

Tar Omrir
Bregan D'aerthe.
#57 - 2011-10-20 01:28:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Tar Omrir
Dark Pangolin wrote:
You can't add a brand new BS for one race without adding them for the other races...can you?...unless its some BP you can only get in incursions or something :)

I agree. Oh and every single race needs a 4th BS/Frig/Cruiser, maybe work from biggest to littlest in terms of releasing them. GIVE CALDARI A GOOD SHIP FOR PVP!!!!! I think it would be really interesting to give in missles that follow ships into warp...plus a bunch of velocity bonuses, maybe give it a really high shield boost bouns so u dont need logi as much, rate of fire, kinetic damage, flight time. all are needed to actually make a missel BS actually affective. and the warp missels would nerf some problems missels have too...oh and use that cool runner up hull from the contest, aboslutely awsom.

Tar Omrir, Chairman, Cygnus Industries

Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#58 - 2011-10-20 01:46:01 UTC
well. amarrifying the tornado shouldn't be that difficult.
cut the wings, make it three times as heavy, twice as slow, build a brick wall of tungsten around it and give it 16 turrets with 50% reduced damage for the obligatory laser show ;)

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Tar Omrir
Bregan D'aerthe.
#59 - 2011-10-20 01:48:50 UTC
Bienator II wrote:
well. amarrifying the tornado shouldn't be that difficult.
cut the wings, make it three times as heavy, twice as slow, build a brick wall of tungsten around it and give it 16 turrets with 50% reduced damage for the obligatory laser show ;)

Nightmare. already a laser BS faction. factions are supposed to be a conflict of technologies, defencive and offensive, to create new ships using the best of both defense and offense across multiple races.

Tar Omrir, Chairman, Cygnus Industries

T'san Manaan
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#60 - 2011-10-20 02:12:35 UTC
How mad will you be to find out it is the reward for 1st place in the next alliance tournament?