These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

People who ride bicycles (on roads) should be run down

Author
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#101 - 2011-10-25 00:48:04 UTC
Sir Substance wrote:
Slade Trillgon wrote:

Remember the police are not really there to [s]enforce the law[s] prevent criminal activity

The police have the authority to act independently to enforce the laws. That's their whole purpose. When criminal activity occurs right infront of their noses on a monthly basis, and they ignore it, they are not doing their jobs.

Here is the policemans oath from the UK:

"I, ... of ... do solemnly and sincerely declare and affirm that I will well and truly serve the Queen in the office of constable, with fairness, integrity, diligence and impartiality, upholding fundamental human rights and according equal respect to all people; and that I will, to the best of my power, cause the peace to be kept and preserved and prevent all offences against people and property; and that while I continue to hold the said office I will to the best of my skill and knowledge discharge all the duties thereof faithfully according to law."

Here is the new zealand one:

“I, [name], swear that I will faithfully and diligently serve Her (or His) Majesty [specify the name of the reigning Sovereign], Queen (or King) of New Zealand, her (or his) heirs and successors, without favour or affection, malice or ill-will. While a constable I will, to the best of my power, keep the peace and prevent offences against the peace, and will, to the best of my skill and knowledge, perform all the duties of the office of constable according to law. So help me God.

Maryland police deparment oath:

“I swear (or affirm) that I will support the Constitution of the United States, and that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to the State of Maryland and support the Constitution and laws thereof; and that I will, to the best of my skill and judgment diligently and faithfully, without partiality or prejudice, execute the office of police officer according to the Constitution and laws of this State.

note: refusal to intervent with cyclists because of political correctness is prejudice

I bolded the bit that you didn't seem to understand.

Well since the police are routinely throwing that whole "defending the Constitution" thing down the rat hole it's rather silly to expect them to enforce any actual laws.

What part of "lawless police state" are you having trouble with?

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#102 - 2011-10-25 01:25:05 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:

What part of "lawless police state" are you having trouble with?

As someone who lived in a 3rd world police state until after apartheid ended I will say that you have no idea what you're talking about.

When you've experienced the police entering your home and searching it just because they saw your house as they drove past then you can talk to me about a police state.

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Slade Trillgon
Brutor Force Federated
#103 - 2011-10-25 10:59:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Slade Trillgon
Sir Substance wrote:
Slade Trillgon wrote:

Remember the police are not really there to enforce the law prevent criminal activity, albeit that is the common missconception, but to intervene when the law is broken and to bring criminals to justice.

I bolded the bit that you didn't seem to understand.

I completed the sentence you selectively quoted and bloded the part that you fail to understand.

They are there to raise revenue, any crime prevention and/or solving is smoke and mirrors.

That is a derail topic any way.

Bikes, by law, are supposed to be on the road, and you have failed to prove otherwise.

EDIT: It seems that I previously failed to add the / to the [s] to line out the enforce the laws in an attempt to clarify my point. Well as said before that is a derail topic.

Slade