These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Odyssey] Faction Navy Frigates

First post
Author
Jonas Sukarala
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#21 - 2013-03-11 14:45:26 UTC
and why so many utility highs on these ships? oh and seriously nerf the speed on the firetail.

'Tech3 ships need to be put down, like a rabid dog drooling everywhere in the house, they are out of line' CCP Ytterbium Nerf missile range into place where is the TD missile change?  ..projectiles should use capacitor. ABC's should be T2 HABC and nerf web strength its still too high

Sofia Wolf
Ubuntu Inc.
The Fourth District
#22 - 2013-03-11 14:47:39 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:

REPUBLIC FLEET FIRETAIL:
Capacitor (amount / recharge rate / cap per second): 280 (+30) / 140s (+47.5) / 2 (+0.667)

Should be
Capacitor (amount / recharge rate / cap per second): 280 (+30) / 140s (-47.5) / 2 (+0.667)

Jessica Danikov > EVE is your real life. the rest is fantasy. caught in a corporation. no escape from banality. open up yours eyes, peer through pod good and seeeeeee. I'm just a poor pilot, I need no sympathy. because I'm easy scam, easy go, little isk, little know. anyway the solar wind blows...

CCP Fozzie
C C P
C C P Alliance
#23 - 2013-03-11 15:01:39 UTC
Sofia Wolf wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:

REPUBLIC FLEET FIRETAIL:
Capacitor (amount / recharge rate / cap per second): 280 (+30) / 140s (+47.5) / 2 (+0.667)

Should be
Capacitor (amount / recharge rate / cap per second): 280 (+30) / 140s (-47.5) / 2 (+0.667)

Yes indeed

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

Bloodpetal
Tir Capital Management Group
#24 - 2013-03-11 15:03:05 UTC

Yay, Firetail sucking slightly less \o/

Where I am.

Allandri
Liandri Industrial
#25 - 2013-03-11 15:06:02 UTC
Would it be possible to change the missile velocity bonus on the Hookbill to a missile explosion velocity or explosion radius bonus? Just to differentiate the way the ship is used between a LML and a rocket loadout
Kaal Redrum
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#26 - 2013-03-11 15:08:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Kaal Redrum
I think CCP should use this opportunity to Rehaul the Firetail and further the alternate Matari doctrine of launcher hulls

You made the Cyclone fresh, do the same with the Firetail

You say Navy frigs are in between Inties and AFs, the Matari AF and Inty line is far too 1 dimensional

Wolf, Jaguar, Claw and Stilleto are all Autocannon platforms

Breacher, Talwar, Bellicose and Cyclone (future Typhoon), the Firetail as a launcher platform fits well in and adds freshness with much needed diversity.

The Slicer is great at Kiting point range
The Comet is most versatile can brawl in your face, scram range or kite point range
The Hookbill is the best scram range brawler and not a bad point range kiter

The Firetail as it stands, even buffed is just not unique enough - the Jaguar, Slasher and Rifter are far too similar to it, and it adds nothing in flavour over the other 3 Navy Frigs (apart from its supremely unique design)

Use this chance - keep up the great rebalance effort - and make the Firetail a fun rocket-LML boat
Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#27 - 2013-03-11 15:12:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Bienator II
Can't you move the empty utility high on the slicer somewhere else? Its one of those frigs which never fight in scram range. Its the only ship i use where i deliberately keep a slot empty.

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Capqu
Half Empty
xqtywiznalamywmodxfhhopawzpqyjdwrpeptuaenabjawdzku
#28 - 2013-03-11 15:13:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Capqu
can we expect when you do a pass of t2 ships that they will inherit most of the changes made to the base ship? where logical ofc, i don't expect to see hawks/harpies both have blaster bonuses (might we expect one of them to change to a t2 version of kestrel now that stealth bombers have their own models?)

i mostly ask because the idea of the t2 being an upgraded/specialized t1 has always seemed super cool to me, and i'd hate to see that fall by the wayside. plus i want a deimos with a tracking bonus

back on topic, i feel like the hookbil is too close to the kestrel and the firetail is too close to the slasher. the slicer is great and people do cool things with it all the time, and the comet is a nice cross between the tristan and the incursus. i think minimatar lack a speedy rocket frigate, and fast auto cannon ships are common as muck, so i'd like to see the firetail go in that direction. the hookbil on the other hand is just a kestrel with an extra mid that has to shoot scourge, and that's boring. as caldari like to use rails and have no fast frigate ship with a hybrid range bonus, i think the hookbil would do nicely. but both these changes are fairly radical, and it doesn't look like thats what you want to do. also contrary to what i just said from a gameplay standpoint, from an immersion standpoint the racial navy ship should really use the primary weapon system for that race, so im dumb.
Kahega Amielden
Rifterlings
#29 - 2013-03-11 15:15:01 UTC
Quote:
they don't have much in common with interceptors and AF's have 2 extra slots i think you underestimate how much an extra slot is worth over a bit of extra HP... nerf the speed a little on the firetail its as quick as the attack frigs

They don't have much in common with interceptors?

MWD velocities, align times

Claw: 4017 m/s, 3.26s
Firetail: 3519 m/s, 3.29s
Wolf: 2543 m/s, 4.23s

No, nothing in common at all.

Capqu
Half Empty
xqtywiznalamywmodxfhhopawzpqyjdwrpeptuaenabjawdzku
#30 - 2013-03-11 15:16:27 UTC
Kahega Amielden wrote:
Quote:
they don't have much in common with interceptors and AF's have 2 extra slots i think you underestimate how much an extra slot is worth over a bit of extra HP... nerf the speed a little on the firetail its as quick as the attack frigs

They don't have much in common with interceptors?

MWD velocities, align times

Claw: 4017 m/s, 3.26s
Firetail: 3519 m/s, 3.29s
Wolf: 2543 m/s, 4.23s

No, nothing in common at all.

i just hope ceptors get some lock range loving like these ships are. being forced into double ionics on every ceptor isn't fun
Montaire
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#31 - 2013-03-11 15:47:21 UTC
The missile change on the Hookbill is inelegant.

Instead of :

Caldari Frigate bonuses: +20% to Kinetic missile damage, +10% to EM, Explosive and Thermal missile damage and +10% to missile velocity per level

Maybe :

Caldari Frigate Bonus : +10% missile damage and missile velocity
Caldari Frigate Bonus : +10% ti Kinetic missile damage.

darmwand
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#32 - 2013-03-11 15:50:41 UTC
Glad to see that the faction frigates are getting some attention!

Now, speaking of the comet, what about repainting it in a nice black-and-white police-style look? Maybe with a flashing blue light?

"The pen is mightier than the sword if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp."

Hannott Thanos
Squadron 15
#33 - 2013-03-11 15:50:46 UTC
Montaire wrote:
The missile change on the Hookbill is inelegant.

Instead of :

Caldari Frigate bonuses: +20% to Kinetic missile damage, +10% to EM, Explosive and Thermal missile damage and +10% to missile velocity per level

Maybe :

Caldari Frigate Bonus : +10% ti Kinetic missile damage.

Caldari Frigate Bonus : +10% to Kinetic missile damage.

Role Bonus:
+50% to Kinetic missile damage.

Same end result at lvl 5 but looks better

while (CurrentSelectedTarget.Status == ShipStatus.Alive) {

_myShip.FireAllGuns(CurrentSelectedTarget);

}

Weasel Juice
Mayhem and Destruction
#34 - 2013-03-11 15:53:27 UTC
Can we expect to see a change to the Cruor as well?

I don't have any hard evidence to support the following claim, but in my life, I have seen all faction frigates a lot - except the Cruor. It's the one frigate that when you see makes me really think "what is this ship - is this some weird rare AT tournament price" every time I see it.
HazeInADaze
Safari Hunt Club
#35 - 2013-03-11 16:24:01 UTC
Firetail still looks out classed. Hook seems to remain king of the hill. I would love to hear how you plan on addressing the relative effectiness of missiles in the frigate class.
Drew Solaert
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#36 - 2013-03-11 16:35:21 UTC
Looks like a solid set of changes to me, I like the fact it is also going to be 10 slot and not 11, and has the hp bonus, enough to make it better than t1 without enroaching too heavily on Asault Frigs.

Would be nice to see more than one Navy frig for each race though... No real reason beyond wooo new ships.

I lied :o

RainbowDark
JUST SET TIMES
#37 - 2013-03-11 16:37:46 UTC
hookbill is still too imba with a loki boost.
ccp guys really need to see some fw fights, offgrid boost every where!!!!!!
it's unfair to fight against a light missle hookbill who have a 6000m/s speed
SmarncaV2
Doomheim
#38 - 2013-03-11 16:46:48 UTC  |  Edited by: SmarncaV2
When are you going to start changing T2 cruisers, Faction cruisers?

How about T2 bc?

Ppl are also complaining about moon goo wich is currently broken how about that?

We've seen mainly frigate changes in the past. I have news for you.

We don't all fly frigs.

Also offgrid boosting a lot of ppl have been complaining about that too or is it too hard?

EDIT: How about pirate frigates if u like frigs that much? Worm, Succubus, Cruor?
Warde Guildencrantz
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#39 - 2013-03-11 16:48:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Warde Guildencrantz
Keep the hookbill fast, the hawk and harpy are already tanky enough and the hookbill is supposed to be the faster brother of the hawk. It really doesn't need more tank.

Also, it's basically impossible to get MWD, warp disruptor, and 3 light missile launchers on a hookbill while not leaving some mid slots empty due to CPU, meaning it is confined to rocket fits unless you want to gimp your fit. It really just needs some more CPU in order to fix that...

I mean, it doesn't have to be a champ at using light missiles, but at least make it possible to fit it for light missiles in a decent way without 18 CPU upgrade mods or rigs.

TunDraGon ~ Low sec piracy since 2003 ~ Youtube ~ Join Us

TrouserDeagle
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#40 - 2013-03-11 16:52:23 UTC
Hookbill still has way more effective weapons, for some reason, and is the most able to abuse unbonused tracking disruptors. Don't pretend those utility highs are comparable.

I'm going to have to agree with smarn and sperg out here about links again. Doing anything other than fixing links is pretty bad. If you guys are unable to make them on-grid and give them a range limit, at least cut their effectiveness down to half or a third or something - that should be simple enough, and something you'd be doing as part of fixing them anyway. It would make pvp so much less bad for so little effort.