These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New dev blog: Capital ship balancing

First post First post First post
Author
Keeley HaZZeLL
Doomheim
#2541 - 2011-11-28 13:30:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Keeley HaZZeLL
rebalancing minmatar carriers with add neutralizer & nosferatu capital version
plus mimmatar carrier have bonus on their.
idea
Invicta.
Advocated Destruction
#2542 - 2011-11-28 19:17:32 UTC  |  Edited by: idea
idea wrote:
The NYX BPC was 2-4bn 15 months ago.

The nyx BPC today is 250m~

The nyx BPO on market is 17bn

the nyx BPO on contracts researched is 13bn

Plexes are from 300m~ to 500m~ since the patch was announced, People dont buy plexes to build there supercapitals any more.

conclusion CCP killed supercapitals.

An another note im reading in the patch info on eveonline site that supers HP will go down from 10% to 20%... when first they said all supers -20%... without confirmation im willing to bet that the AEON will get -20% while most others will get -10% JUST because the aeon has a racial bonus for resistances... CCP thinking INSIDE THERE TINY LITTLE BOX ONCE AGAIN.

BWHAHAHAHA READING THE PATCH NOTES I CAN CONFIRM CCP DOING THIS!!!!!!

STUPID IDIOTS TRY TO MAKE EVERYONE FLY ALL SHIPS EVENLY NOT REALISING NOBODY WANTS TO FLY SHIELD SUPERCAPITALS... TARDS
killerkeano
Doomheim
#2543 - 2011-11-29 02:08:03 UTC
I cancelled my 3 accounts for a year after terrible patches, i have come back logged onto my nyx in 3ae, read the patch notes and logged off, there it shall remain till eternity.

All I will say is after playing this game for 6 years my end game was to fly a nyx, its not easy to own one,

so yeah they should be over powered.

unable to defend itself against anythign is ridiculous!! reduce the trackin, speed or something of drones not totally remove them!!! CCP .. like gary glitter in toys R us

total overkill, as usual.
grazer gin
Raving Rednecks
#2544 - 2011-11-30 04:13:03 UTC
with soo many crybabys quitting we might be able to run a normal fleet from now on without being hot dropped every 10 mins
Altolinchen
Disneys Empire
#2545 - 2011-11-30 10:32:55 UTC
grazer gin wrote:
with soo many crybabys quitting we might be able to run a normal fleet from now on without being hot dropped every 10 mins

Don't forget the biggest crybaby's were those kids with 500BC/BS who weren't able to kill a 50 to 100 SC and titan blob...
and now you will fly arround with your 250+ blob and will be blob by 500+ BS/BS and butt raped...
Guess what the blob will just get bigger.
with the t3 bc's who are designed to kill the old supers and just wipe the new nerft supers away like a BS a t1 cruiser...
You need to bring more blob more supers more titans..
This was just something to support goons etc.
even raiden and wn. profit from that because the have a huge super blob...
Even they don't like this changes cause they don't want to blob like the little crying kids...

In the end this nerf just makes the blob bigger bigger and the big alliances stronger and stronger...
and all small just will fall...
fu*k you CCP make it fair again.

Jita is a very dangoures place - concord killed me like 15 times today!

Charles Edisson
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2546 - 2011-12-14 10:36:07 UTC
Are the fule bays on almost every capital in game not too small. I know people are going to say put fule in the corporate hangers BUT that is not the intended use of the corporate hanger. The only etceptions to this appear to be the Rorqual and Jump Freighters.

Funny that the two ships with Fule bays of a reasonable size are the two classes that are used to move large volumes of supplies so having to set aside part of their corporate hanger/cargo bay would get complaints.
Fullmetal Jackass
State War Academy
Caldari State
#2547 - 2011-12-16 18:56:26 UTC
Bunch of cry babies... I swear do you all base you self worth on the cap ship you can fly? Or how great you alliance is vs others?

Good for CCP for trying to actually balance cap ships. Eve was never meant to be super caps online. Cap ships are tools like anything else in game. They are not "end game". They sure as hell weren't before bombers.
Nyla Skin
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2548 - 2011-12-16 21:08:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Nyla Skin
I dont think CCP succeeded in 'balancing'supercarriers, but killing them is a better option than letting them stay overpowered. Supercaps were a bad design choice from the beginning. They would have been much more acceptable if they would have actually died once in a while. It just shows whats wrong in them now that people opt to not log in their supercap pilot instead of actually using the thing once it was built. Is it better value that way..?

In after the lock :P   - CCP Falcon www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies

Airpizza II
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#2549 - 2012-01-23 23:34:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Airpizza II
I'm getting a useless mothership after 7 years on EVE . Saving ISK to get a nice and really useful ship gave us a goal to achieve, now our only goal is to wait for a buff.

I just can't stand seeing my supercap toon logged off all time, those high-end and terrible ships meant that you managed to do something in EVE, now they're just totally pointless, even to shoot structures since dreads do almost the same DPS and are way cheaper.

Thank you ССР for nerfing my EVE experience.
Patri Andari
Thukker Tribe Antiquities Importer
#2550 - 2012-01-24 01:18:54 UTC
Airpizza II wrote:
I'm getting a useless mothership after 7 years on EVE . Saving ISK to get a nice and really useful ship gave us a goal to achieve, now our only goal is to wait for a buff.

I just can't stand seeing my supercap toon logged off all time, those high-end and terrible ships meant that you managed to do something in EVE, now they're just totally pointless, even to shoot structures since dreads do almost the same DPS and are way cheaper.

Thank you ССР for nerfing my EVE experience.

J'obtiens un ravitailleur inutiles après 7 ans sur EVE. Sauvegarde ISK pour obtenir un bateau agréable et vraiment utile nous a donné un but à atteindre, désormais notre seul objectif est d'attendre un buff.

Je ne peux pas supporter de voir mon toon supercap déconnecté tous les temps, ces navires haut de gamme et terrible signifiait que vous avez réussi à faire quelque chose dans EVE, maintenant, ils sont juste totalement inutile, voire de tirer sur les structures, depuis redoute faire presque les mêmes DPS et sont beaucoup moins cher.

Merci pour ССР nerfer mon expérience EVE.

Be careful what you think, for your thoughts become your words. Be careful what you say, for your words become your actions. Be careful what you do, for your actions become your character. And character is everything. - author unknown

matarkhan
ConHugeCo
Rusty Stargazers
#2551 - 2012-01-31 20:19:28 UTC  |  Edited by: matarkhan
Quote:
Titans:

• Remove drone bay from all titans.
  • Reduce Shield, Armor and Hull hitpoints by 20%.
  • Superweapon: Cannot shoot sub-capital ships.

When?

Quote:
Bunch of cry babies... I swear do you all base you self worth on the cap ship you can fly? Or how great you alliance is vs others?

Good for CCP for trying to actually balance cap ships. Eve was never meant to be super caps online. Cap ships are tools like anything else in game. They are not "end game". They sure as hell weren't before bombers.

I don't understand why you're throwing "self-worth" into this.

If you train your character for 5+ years, then put them into a supercapital that *can't dock*, you're making a huge commitment. Not only does it cost 20-90billion isk, it also means that your main character is stuck in that ship.

If that ship loses its luster, you'll be pissed.

Human nature.
Mauryce
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2552 - 2012-03-08 12:38:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Mauryce
After a reasonable time from the deployment of last expansion, some useful feedback:

1) The supers blob need a good group of support subcaps to deploy:

False.

Titans blow everything in its vicinity and while Motherships may have problems when deploying their fightersbombers, now are used as platforms for repair with massive Hp. Combined with repair carriers with Sentry remain a challenge for any fleet subcaps, even without support.

2) Super fights are more common:

False.

Since expansion implementation, we see more concentration in super blobs, increased to contrarest the risk of loggof in aggression. Its imposible to track any fights super vs super on KB in actual warzones around 0.0.

3) Dread Bost increased their use in combat.

False.

Continue to be the damsel in distress in all engange.

4) Shield tanked supers are now more useful than before and tank better.

False.

The super bonus shield still ridiculous for such condition (Hel) and remain apart at 0.0 engages in favor of armor supers . Repair Bonus was not enough to promote their use or recommend its inclusion in the current blob of energy/tank aeons and dps/tank nyxes.

CCP, thanks for the magic?

PD: bad gramar?? shame on goggle traductor.

S!
Subrahmaya Chandrasekhar
#2553 - 2012-04-28 03:12:26 UTC
If I was a new player, I would be totally put off by all this talk about nerfing the biggest and baddest ships in the game. What goal could be more cool to a new player than owning your own Titan someday? I have trained with them in mind for some time, and am disappointed to see that I share this single-sharded universe with masterminds who want to decrease, not increase their power.
Ugh
Upon reflection however, I must admit this massive pool of intellect contained within the developer and player base can not be wrong. To think that would certainly draw the ire of the great and grand swarms of supporters throughout space, not to mention defying mankind's predeliction to always be on the lookout for ways to decrease it's utilization of powerful and sophisticated weaponry. Human beings have always preferred the more primitive weapons. Rocks for example. Dirtclods. Now THAT is a direction CCP could genuinely embrace. Shocked