These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

POSes: I am a small portion of the community

First post First post
Author
Taya Farrago
Eoghar Navy
#2241 - 2013-01-19 12:40:37 UTC
Jacabon Mere wrote:

your quoting irrelevant stuff.

CCP Unifex. (Page 37)

It would, however, only affect the group of people who manage POSes.

CCP Soundwave (Page 38)

On top of that, Soundwave added, the POS system by itself would only affect a small portion of the community.

The objections are to those. Any defence for them when it is quite clear that a lot of people have vested interests?

This is very true, in no way do even the current POSes affect only a small portion of the player. Added to that, new modular POS's would affect way more people as (hearing from everybody ive talked to about this) everybody wants their own starbase.

I truly believe that a new modular POS will bring many new players to Eve if this is done with care. As said before (dont remember who said it), I too experience that most of the new players ask the same question: How can i get my own base? When these new players are introduced with the current POS system they are dissapointed and let the issue go.

I hope CCP will realize that revamping the POS system is actually of great benefit in many ways.

Taya
ProDeka
AimBot Team
#2242 - 2013-01-19 12:51:19 UTC
W-Space for POS-changes!
Kara Kardan
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2243 - 2013-01-19 12:58:39 UTC
I have decided i will do the whole process from a new player standpoint and start at 0 and setup a pos.
I work with them daily but i want to see from the bottom up how they work now, to add more constructive criticism.
Maybe there will be a tale of my time with that.
Dyvim Slorm
Coven of the Morrigan
#2244 - 2013-01-19 13:06:37 UTC
+1 The rework of POS's is long overdue
Docta Rivers
Pocket Proprietors
#2245 - 2013-01-19 13:10:52 UTC
+1 Please, for the love of Bob
Crazy Janey
Pocket Proprietors
#2246 - 2013-01-19 13:12:56 UTC
Dudes, this is WAAAAAAAYYYYYY overdue. POS life sucks big hairy objects.
Nosler Richter
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2247 - 2013-01-19 13:14:57 UTC
Didn't we have riots the last time CCP ignored us like this?

+1 for POS fix
Farnfax
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#2248 - 2013-01-19 13:26:51 UTC
Support the thread and the issue of modular pos or as a minimum pos improvement. As a T2 producer, the use of public production facilities is not adequate which mandates a POS, but some of the design issues with the current POS system mean that a number of painful work arounds are needed that consume needless energy and time. Do not believe we are a small portion of the community.
Kadl
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#2249 - 2013-01-19 13:28:25 UTC
I do not personally work with POSes. I know that the interface should be fixed. Some of the modular stuff seems interesting.

There was a much more interesting idea posted over a year ago. That was in space housing. A home ship which people could setup in a system and use as a base. The base would be semi mobile (perhaps a jump drive only). It would disappear completely when it's owner/owners logged off. Otherwise it would be hidden except in certain circumstances. It would allow individuals and small groups to have a home base to try living on the unused parts of null sec. It could also help support wormhole residents. I liked this idea. Over time it became clear that CCP had not even noticed their own idea. They could revive the idea and slowly build it up to replace the current POS system.

Summary: I don't personally use POSes. I believe the POS system has problems. I would like to see personal bases which could be developed over time into modular POSes.
Hans Jagerblitzen
Ice Fire Warriors
#2250 - 2013-01-19 13:34:54 UTC
+1 I, too, am a small portion of the community. Currently own and operate one Large "Methstar" in lowsec for booster production, and would love to set up more POSes as well. But they are a pain in the ass to work with. One is fine enough for the time being, thank you. Twisted I'm looking forward to seeing how we can improve them ASAP.

CPM0 Chairman / CSM7 Vice Secretary

Ametius
DYNAMIC INTERVENTION
ORPHANS OF EVE
#2251 - 2013-01-19 13:57:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Ametius
I was just a player in my Corp for almost 3 years and for that time about half my Corp lived in WH Space. They always encouraged me to come out to WH Space to the HQ. I never liked the idea of living out of a suitcase (that what it seems like) if i was to move and live there and they were no facilities there for me to even do Industry in a meaningful way. It was just easier to do it all in High sec.

So about a few months ago I decided i'm give it a try and started gathering up some things in a WH Suitcase. Assembled some stuff in some Assembled GSC's for refitting ships, ammo, rigs, skill books and stuff needed modules and such. About a month ago I got a WH window in my region close by to move my stuff which some members of my Corp/Alliance helped with in moving into the WH via an Orca while I followed behind in my Covert Ops Buzzard.

I'd be honest to tell you it took a grand total of 1 minute to realize how a horrible mess the storage system was at POS. I'd be more honest to say it actually took less than 20 seconds once I decided to look while inside the shield with the other Corp mate asking where I wanted my stuff to go. I had no idea where he was to put my stuff. The Orca pilot had to wait in the shield with all my stuff while i had a Corp Director figure out where I could even put my stuff as he was messing with sorting out the awefull POS Role Management System. I'd try and it didn't quite work and he would have to play with roles again. That took some time. Then I would to get my stuff moved to a space tab on a Component Array. I couldn't even access it… more fumbling with the POS Role System by the Director as time rolls on. It became damn funny!

The Orca pilot was getting agitated by how long it was taking and I was musing of horrible a mess figuring out all that role system was with the amount of players that also lived at the POS. I was an almost 3 year member of my Corp, well known inside my corp, I wasn't even a newbie. I had responsibilities in Corp management in a Wallet Division of the Corp. Imagine how much of a pain it is if I was a Newbie player or a younger Corp member moving to the WH POS. That's a llot of time a POS Director/Manager has to spend on that horrible role system at the POS sorting out roles. And I as a corp member was being affected by that, the Orca pilot was being effected by that as well having moved my stuff. And I still couldn't get access to put my stuff in a hanger or an array. Its not like a POS is the most easily livable place either in its current state.

It was so much of a mess that the Corp CEO who was on grid at the time in the WH POS shield decided it was likely faster if the Orca simply dumped the stuff/ships from Cargo out and help move it from there into some temporary spot in one the Component Array himself vs sorting out all the role access. There was a concern that jettisoning the ships some might go flying off outside the POS Shield. I though the thought of that was funny in itself if it happened. I had to re-board every ship dumped out inside the shield and one by one get them moved to another hangar for storage. This consumed allot of time and not fun or easy. It looked like a mess on DSCAN as someone in the Corp Alliance chat was now asking who has ship X, Y, Z on scan… in the WH of all places.

After that was all sorted out It became even more funny, because now being in my Buzzard ship and no hauler ship yet I couldn't even access my own GSC's now inside one the spare tabs on the Component Array due to the drop down tree on the POS Array. The most i could access was a very small secure container which was small enough in m3 to move it back and forth to my Cargo space. I had to constantly move back and forth from the Component Array to my Cargo space on my Buzzard to access its content. That was a pain in the ass and wasn't much in it either! The more important stuff was in the GSC which i couldn't access inside the Array tab. I couldn't move it to a hauler to access its content since I had none.

It was a few weeks later I was able to get out to empire and get my Transport ship in to be able to move a GSC to the ships hull just to access its content and move stuff back and forth. There was more stuff as well like when I actually brought the Transport ship in I couldn't even more the unassembled ship to a hangar. What was even funny I couldn't even Jettison the damn ships out of my ship cargo. I had to move the ships to a Component Array I had access to, then assemble the Ships in the Component Array, then move the ships from there to a SMA that happen to be in distance to move it. And that took forever to figure out as no one was around to help. Someone in Alliance Chat had to help me figure that out.

But just from that little snapshot of my first experiences just moving to WH Space to our corp POS that was not a fun experience at all and quite a frustrating one at best with POS Mechanics. I can only imagine the daily frustrations of the players that live at POS everywhere as well the security issues they have with storage access and roles as well as dealing with new players to their Corps that are accessing their POS.

On my first encounter with my Corp POS moving my stuff to the POS, it affected 4 players (The Orca pilot, The POS Manager, My CEO & Myself included) that was in no small way as CCP said a POS will only affect a small amount of players mostly POS managers.

And i'm sure if i twiddled my thumb more at the POS I could of find more stuff that was a source of frustration all on my first 4 hours at the POS. Imagine what other players endure living at POS for years.

Needless to say sadly I don't spend much time at the WH or the POS. Its not exactly an exciting place to live or work out of. It would be more fun if a POS was more livable and easier to use with easier role management for Managers and more security features as well.
SoHo White
Etoilles Mortant Ltd.
Solyaris Chtonium
#2252 - 2013-01-19 14:17:03 UTC
Played for over 7 years and agree that POS's need work.

As the CEO of an Alliance I would welcome help with POS's and access/security.

Everyone I have spoken to in my Alliance would support a modular POS system and more people would use them if they weren't so restricted as they are at the moment.
Adam Banisaba
Elite Death Force
#2253 - 2013-01-19 14:29:01 UTC
We REALLY need something done with the current POS system.

Please do something for the small portion of your player base...
Mirel Dystoph
Perkone
Caldari State
#2254 - 2013-01-19 14:58:20 UTC
This thread isn't paging fast enough.

"Nothing essential happens in the absence of noise." 

McSnarf
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2255 - 2013-01-19 15:02:15 UTC
Getting more usability out of a major investment like a POS? Absolutely!

WAY more important than "Duelling" :)
Green Guts
Capitalist Pig Enterprises
#2256 - 2013-01-19 15:23:10 UTC
Hans Jagerblitzen wrote:
+1 I, too, am a small portion of the community. Currently own and operate one Large "Methstar" in lowsec for booster production, and would love to set up more POSes as well. But they are a pain in the ass to work with. One is fine enough for the time being, thank you. Twisted I'm looking forward to seeing how we can improve them ASAP.

How do you respond to the comment s by Seleene as to the fact that Two Step should have known that CCP was not shelving POSs as communication is at an all time high (I presume this is not including the whole bounty hunting lack of communication).
And of course excluding the fact that there has been no public statement to the fact that any POS improvements will be included in the next expansion.
genddr
Crown of Swords Mining
#2257 - 2013-01-19 15:26:56 UTC
What just affects POS owners ?

NOT

Owners and all the members that use the pos as there homes.

Some security enhancements are needed that's the biggest issue on my mind.

And why are they doing/did away with faction towers again ? I started this game for its variety, and it is slowly being taken away.
Anna Kovalevskaya
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2258 - 2013-01-19 15:27:39 UTC
Please improve POS system. Corp rights, security, tabs, UI - everything is way too old and need to be fixed.
Don't NeedNo Man
Big Is Beautiful
#2259 - 2013-01-19 15:56:01 UTC
I'm a strong black woman and I don't need no man to be telling me what to do.

But it would be nice if you could improve POSes.

+1
Redragon
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2260 - 2013-01-19 16:27:57 UTC
As someone that has run POS for years now. Please CCP show us some love. The Current system makes me want to POD myself.