These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Faction Warfare: Moving Forward.....

First post First post
Author
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#961 - 2012-03-16 19:54:49 UTC
Har Harrison wrote:
Any last minute discussion/points of interest to raise with CCP @ fanfest???

1) Would it be too controversial to make it so tech3 cruisers can't go in plexes that tech2 cruisers can't go in?

These might be more controversial and not necessarilly as easy to accomplish:

2) Perhaps tech3 boosts won't apply in plexes where tech 3 cruisers can't go in. So your loki booster bonuses will not apply to your dramiel in a minor plex. But it would apply to your dramiel in a major plex. That might get more confusing, I agree, so it might not be a good idea.

3) Boost the tags (either quantity or quality) in minor plexes. Killing them is not worth the ammo.

Have a great time I wish I was going.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Fidelium Mortis
Minor Major Miners LLC
#962 - 2012-03-16 20:09:06 UTC
@Hans:

An easy request on behalf of FW - the show info option for FW alliances should list their FW affiliation just as it's displayed next to a corp's logo.

ICRS - Intergalactic Certified Rocket Surgeon

Hans Jagerblitzen
Ice Fire Warriors
#963 - 2012-03-16 20:52:12 UTC
Fidelium Mortis wrote:
@Hans:

An easy request on behalf of FW - the show info option for FW alliances should list their FW affiliation just as it's displayed next to a corp's logo.

Duly noted. Thanks for the suggestion!

CPM0 Chairman / CSM7 Vice Secretary

Hans Jagerblitzen
Ice Fire Warriors
#964 - 2012-05-09 19:53:08 UTC
I've updated the original post to reflect the progress we've made so far! Many thanks to the community for all your ongoing feedback.

CPM0 Chairman / CSM7 Vice Secretary

Damassys Kadesh
Royal Khanid Hunting Society
Ragequit Cancel Sub
#965 - 2012-05-10 09:06:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Damassys Kadesh
Right-on brotha

Sourem Itharen > Congratulations Lady Kadesh, you have been selected by trial of fire and blood, under the watchful eyes of God, to represent Lord Khanid as his champion in the Imperial Succession trials -YC117

Draco Rosso
State War Academy
Caldari State
#966 - 2012-05-10 20:38:27 UTC
Victory! Today is victory DAY.
VoV
Draco Rosso
State War Academy
Caldari State
#967 - 2012-05-12 16:39:12 UTC
All hail Hans Jagerblitzen. All hail Hans Jagerblitzen
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#968 - 2012-05-22 17:05:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Cearain
Hans Jagerblitzen wrote:

5.) Lack of highly visible alert or intel system for when territory is threatened. If Faction Warfare is meant to deliver pickup and play PvP, an alert system (Captain's Quarters TV screen?) would get fights much faster than relying on aimless wandering patrols. Even just adding alerts in real time in the militia office tab (like POS fuel notifications in your mail, or broadcast history in fleets) would be great and increase frequency of PvP fights. *FIXED!! Brand new Faction Warfare UI coming in Inferno]

They did a pretty nice job updating the UI. But is there a "highly visible" alert or intel system for when territory is threatened? We see when an area goes contested but we saw that before.

Hans Jagerblitzen wrote:

Top Trending Major Underlying Issues "The Big Stuff"

3.) Faction Warfare missions easily farmable in a Stealth Bomber. Result is missions that encourage PvP as intended (by nature of being on overview), but do not encourage diversity of ship types or cooperative gangs to complete. “PvP” that surrounds current mission system is primarily limited to interceptors chasing bombers. NERFED!! Station Lockouts coming with Inferno will drastically reduce mission farming for the losing faction, forcing them to PvP in order to access agents again

Nerfed?? You are counting station lockouts as a nerf to stealth bomber mission farming? It seems to be a buff to cloaky ships. But yes the losing side will not be able to run many missions. That is true, but their lp is worthless anyway.

Hans Jagerblitzen wrote:

4.) Imbalanced EWAR fielded by mission NPC's means some missions are easier to run than others, resulting in imbalanced market value for faction items and causes certain militias to be flooded with mission farming alts. *CHANGES COMING!! Inferno brings a scalable LP store depending on Victory Conditions

I don't see what the scalable lp store has to do with npcs imbalanced ewar. Inferno's scalable lp store makes this less balanced in favor of the side that has the easier npcs because they can run plexes easier thus making their lp lmore valuable.

Inferno did address 2 of the 10 items you and the community raised. I think you are stretching inferno out of shape to claim it does more than that.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#969 - 2012-05-22 17:27:21 UTC
Hans Jagerblitzen wrote:
I've updated the original post to reflect the progress we've made so far! Many thanks to the community for all your ongoing feedback.

Thanks for the necro! P

Accidentally The Whole Frigate - For-newbies blog (currently on pause)

Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#970 - 2012-05-24 18:19:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Cearain
oops