These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Faction Warfare: Moving Forward.....

First post First post
Author
Krios Ahzek
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#941 - 2012-02-07 04:41:06 UTC
Hans Jagerblitzen wrote:
Krios Ahzek wrote:
Allowing the Capsuleer alliances to participate in the Great War between the Empires is a great start. They were previously an untapped resource. Some of the largest alliances possess humongous reserves of Titans and capital ships, enough to glass the surface of thousands of worlds and obliterate entire sector fleets before any defense could be mustered. Unfortunately, Concord's Jovian regionwide cynosural jammers still operate in high security space, preventing us from significantly upsetting the balance of power and perhaps even wiping an Empire from the face of the galaxy.


That's a pretty tragic story.


Forsoothe! The entire cluster, nay, the UNIVERSE must learn to bow to the Clusterfornication Coalition.

 Though All Men Do Despise Us

Har Harrison
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#942 - 2012-02-07 05:40:33 UTC
Krios Ahzek wrote:
Hans Jagerblitzen wrote:
Krios Ahzek wrote:
Allowing the Capsuleer alliances to participate in the Great War between the Empires is a great start. They were previously an untapped resource. Some of the largest alliances possess humongous reserves of Titans and capital ships, enough to glass the surface of thousands of worlds and obliterate entire sector fleets before any defense could be mustered. Unfortunately, Concord's Jovian regionwide cynosural jammers still operate in high security space, preventing us from significantly upsetting the balance of power and perhaps even wiping an Empire from the face of the galaxy.


That's a pretty tragic story.


Forsoothe! The entire cluster, nay, the UNIVERSE must learn to bow to the Clusterfornication Coalition.

With great power comes great responsability!!!

Lord Meriak
State Naval Academy
#943 - 2012-02-07 07:18:23 UTC
Ydyp (ARETR) Director at the time, Had a great time at fanfest Lol, he came home Reported back CCP did not attend the roundtable and not long after quit eve. Sad
Har Harrison (ARETR) then started a thread for us all,When eve forums changed,

Hans picked up the ball and ran with it thank you on behalf of all fw player's

Mr Hans your running for Csm can we trust you to change and balance npc even thow it will make the Minny life harder and missions harder not just 1 sb in a plex for 1 minuite and off.
Would you even be willing to join a Gal corp then a Cal and Amarr corp for say a month at atime.


To see Fw as a whole for the benfit of all?

LM
Hans Jagerblitzen
Ice Fire Warriors
Infinite Pew
#944 - 2012-02-09 00:07:07 UTC
Lord Meriak wrote:


Hans picked up the ball and ran with it thank you on behalf of all fw player's

Mr Hans your running for Csm can we trust you to change and balance npc even thow it will make the Minny life harder and missions harder not just 1 sb in a plex for 1 minuite and off.
Would you even be willing to join a Gal corp then a Cal and Amarr corp for say a month at atime.


To see Fw as a whole for the benfit of all?

LM


Absolutely. I have said from the beginning, consistently, that even though I admittedly whore FW missions in bombers to earn some coin, I think we Minmatar have it too easy.

The NPC balance is a critical issue, if we are to leave FW missions in the system at all. There should not be economic motivation to join one militia over another, as there is now because of the ease of the farmed missions.

Having easy missions hurts us, too. There are now so many farmers guys like me have to work way too much when I could be out PvP-ing instead. That's gotta change.



I appreciate you all being patient with me while I spend some time in my other thread in Jita Park. I hope you understand what we're up against, and why my efforts must be spent there at the moment. Making sure the EvE community knows about the disconnect between CCP and the customers, and why we need to elect a leader that can fight this, is the best thing we can do for Faction Warfare's cause right now, even more so than debating balancing details.

Feel free to keep up the discussion here though, I don't want this to become the Hans 4 CSM thread. We have another for that, and I like organized, focused forum behavior. I appreciate you keeping the "ways to improve FW" stuff here, and the campaign stuff over in Jita Park.

Thanks again for all the support, the community has been great, but than I again I always knew you were.....

CPM0 Chairman / CSM7 Vice Secretary

Damassys Kadesh
Strix Ridens
Lock Range Enjoyers
#945 - 2012-02-09 19:54:22 UTC
Can you drop a link to your CSM thread so we can check it out?

Sourem Itharen > Congratulations Lady Kadesh, you have been selected by trial of fire and blood, under the watchful eyes of God, to represent Lord Khanid as his champion in the Imperial Succession trials -YC117

Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#946 - 2012-02-09 21:58:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Cearain
deleted

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Hans Jagerblitzen
Ice Fire Warriors
Infinite Pew
#947 - 2012-02-09 23:00:54 UTC
Damassys Kadesh wrote:
Can you drop a link to your CSM thread so we can check it out?


Sure thing!

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=66900&find=unread

CPM0 Chairman / CSM7 Vice Secretary

Damassys Kadesh
Strix Ridens
Lock Range Enjoyers
#948 - 2012-02-10 04:06:20 UTC
Hans Jagerblitzen wrote:
Damassys Kadesh wrote:
Can you drop a link to your CSM thread so we can check it out?


Sure thing!

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=66900&find=unread


TY!

Sourem Itharen > Congratulations Lady Kadesh, you have been selected by trial of fire and blood, under the watchful eyes of God, to represent Lord Khanid as his champion in the Imperial Succession trials -YC117

Veshta Yoshida
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#949 - 2012-02-12 06:49:42 UTC
All the talk about FW vs. Null in the CSM thread made me think about the only EHP grind we have and the eradication of same. Never liked the bunker-bust as it has not once in my time actually given the fights it was meant to and represents what I consider a failed development stratagem (EHP grind).

Two thoughts, one NPC based and one Player based.

1. Replace bunker with a Sleeper AI Carrier taskforce, the navy's last attempt at saving face after failing so hard in the plexes.
- Announce system vulnerability (Navy are saps, so think of it as a distress call) to holding side.
Can still blitz it but at much higher risk. Becomes a collaborate effort and should take longer than the 5-10 minutes that bunkers last these days so a defense has time to form.

2. Remove bunker; add three hour vulnerable period before system automatically flips (Why three you ask?).
- Announce system vulnerability (Navy are saps, so think of it as a distress call) to holding side.
No blitzing possible, attacker instead has the arduous task of preventing the enemy from taking a plex for what is a significant amount of time .. should yield some ferocious plex fights.

Which is better .. personally see the first as an ideal way of introducing rewards for flips (loot) but the second brings the pew which to me is reward in itself.

PS: Oh dear. Seem to have bumped the thread .. for shame!
Runawaypally
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#950 - 2012-02-15 03:18:36 UTC
Veshta Yoshida wrote:
All the talk about FW vs. Null in the CSM thread made me think about the only EHP grind we have and the eradication of same. Never liked the bunker-bust as it has not once in my time actually given the fights it was meant to and represents what I consider a failed development stratagem (EHP grind).

Two thoughts, one NPC based and one Player based.

1. Replace bunker with a Sleeper AI Carrier taskforce, the navy's last attempt at saving face after failing so hard in the plexes.
- Announce system vulnerability (Navy are saps, so think of it as a distress call) to holding side.
Can still blitz it but at much higher risk. Becomes a collaborate effort and should take longer than the 5-10 minutes that bunkers last these days so a defense has time to form.

2. Remove bunker; add three hour vulnerable period before system automatically flips (Why three you ask?).
- Announce system vulnerability (Navy are saps, so think of it as a distress call) to holding side.
No blitzing possible, attacker instead has the arduous task of preventing the enemy from taking a plex for what is a significant amount of time .. should yield some ferocious plex fights.

Which is better .. personally see the first as an ideal way of introducing rewards for flips (loot) but the second brings the pew which to me is reward in itself.

PS: Oh dear. Seem to have bumped the thread .. for shame!


+1
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#951 - 2012-02-17 03:39:28 UTC
Veshta Yoshida wrote:

2. Remove bunker; add three hour vulnerable period before system automatically flips (Why three you ask?).
- Announce system vulnerability (Navy are saps, so think of it as a distress call) to holding side.
No blitzing possible, attacker instead has the arduous task of preventing the enemy from taking a plex for what is a significant amount of time .. should yield some ferocious plex fights.



I really really like this idea. Did you just buy this character?

So you would have to prevent any plex from being taken for 3 hours. Even a minor plex? I really like the idea.

It could lead to some war heroes holding plexes or taking plexes. Perhaps if you take one of the plexes that save a system you would get a medal or a standings boost.

Maybe they could have the plexes spawn more often during this three hour period, but also say maybe no more than x could be taken by the enemy in the 3 hour time. I have been thinking through the details and am not sure where the balance should be, but the idea sounds awesome.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Super Chair
Project Cerberus
Templis CALSF
#952 - 2012-02-17 09:01:42 UTC
Veshta Yoshida wrote:
All the talk about FW vs. Null in the CSM thread made me think about the only EHP grind we have and the eradication of same. Never liked the bunker-bust as it has not once in my time actually given the fights it was meant to and represents what I consider a failed development stratagem (EHP grind).

Two thoughts, one NPC based and one Player based.

1. Replace bunker with a Sleeper AI Carrier taskforce, the navy's last attempt at saving face after failing so hard in the plexes.
- Announce system vulnerability (Navy are saps, so think of it as a distress call) to holding side.
Can still blitz it but at much higher risk. Becomes a collaborate effort and should take longer than the 5-10 minutes that bunkers last these days so a defense has time to form.

2. Remove bunker; add three hour vulnerable period before system automatically flips (Why three you ask?).
- Announce system vulnerability (Navy are saps, so think of it as a distress call) to holding side.
No blitzing possible, attacker instead has the arduous task of preventing the enemy from taking a plex for what is a significant amount of time .. should yield some ferocious plex fights.

Which is better .. personally see the first as an ideal way of introducing rewards for flips (loot) but the second brings the pew which to me is reward in itself.

PS: Oh dear. Seem to have bumped the thread .. for shame!



Sounds pretty good from an RP perspective. However, regarding 2: The attackers can just park alts in plexes after they've been captured to prevent despawning (thus preventing respawning) of plexes so defenders wouldnt have any plexes to take in that 3 hour timespan. Plexes should despawn immediatly upon capture.
Alticus C Bear
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#953 - 2012-02-17 21:48:34 UTC
Veshta Yoshida wrote:
All the talk about FW vs. Null in the CSM thread made me think about the only EHP grind we have and the eradication of same. Never liked the bunker-bust as it has not once in my time actually given the fights it was meant to and represents what I consider a failed development stratagem (EHP grind).

Two thoughts, one NPC based and one Player based.

1. Replace bunker with a Sleeper AI Carrier taskforce
2. Remove bunker; add three hour vulnerable period before system automatically flipse


I like both these ideas.

How do people feel about Secondary objectives? Spawn in target system and surrounding systems when the system becomes vulnerable, at least one in each before doubling up.

No NPC’s but some NPC structures, neutral support ships, just for fluff.

Orbit timer, timer completes after 1 minute, Timer has to be held; if no ships are within activation zone then timer counts down from 60, affect ends when timer reaches zero or enemy militia pilot enters activation zone.

The secondary objectives could be in the form of Minor, Normal and Major plexes, providing targets for smaller ship types.

Option A - Fleet style bonuses.

  • Completing the timer provides a bonus to friendly militia pilots within target system
  • Examples but details could be changed, more examples are probably needed and I am unsure of the bonus level provided to make it worthwhile capturing but not overpowered.
  • Ship Maintenance Yard - 5% bonus to Armour and Shield Hitpoints
  • Communications Relay- 10% bonus to sensor strength
  • Power Relay station - 10% Bonus to ship Capacitor Capacity.


Option B - Affects applied to the Bunker/Carrier Taskforce affect applied depends on whether defender or attacker holds the objective.


  • Instead of fleet bonus these make the capture of the system easier/more difficult
  • Ship Maintenance Yard - Holding either boosts or reduces the resists of the bunker/NPC taskforce
  • Communications Relay- Prevents or triggers NPC reinforcement waves
  • Power Relay station - Starts or stops Bunker/Carrier Taskforce repair rates.

The basic ideas here are to spread the fight a little into adjacant systems and provide multiple small gang targets, hopefully resulting in multiple smaller engagements. I actually edge towards option B, Assuming the Attacker has the edge numbers wise they would not need the secondary objectives but the defender can make life more difficult by taking them and forcing the attacker to split his fleet and chase them down. Although if people like the 3 hour vulnerable period then maybe option A.
Veshta Yoshida
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#954 - 2012-02-18 00:05:25 UTC
Cearain wrote:
I really really like this idea. Did you just buy this character?

Hahahahaha, I do have some nuggets you know Cool
Cearain wrote:
So you would have to prevent any plex from being taken for 3 hours. Even a minor plex? I really like the idea.

Normal rules would apply, so it is a three hour period in which any plex capped by defenders makes system "contested" , essentially resetting the timer .. goal for me is to stop the stupidity of the locust swarm that allows systems to flip daily and to bring back the "good fight" over plexes that I know and love.

Not sure it is necessary to increase spawn frequency, still think it is too high to begin with to be honest. Having to cover three sizes for that amount of time would make it require effort consistent with the effect .. it is about occupying entire systems dammit!
Balancing it is not the function of the idea, merely looking for a replacement mechanic to a part of FW which I (dare I say , We?) loathe - Bunkers. Smile
Super Chair wrote:
...Plexes should despawn immediatly upon capture.

Wasn't that just done in null so they slaves there could have a constant stream of sanctums even if a griefing cloaker was around? Nothing stopping whatever code they used there from being applied to plexes to achieve the same effect.
Alticus C Bear wrote:
...How do people feel about Secondary objectives?...

Have wanted to spread things out constellation wide since Incursions showed it was possible, so I am all for something like that .. not sure any sort of bonuses are needed though, just some sort of feedback effect on a system being fought over. An increase/decrease in plex timers for doing "other stuff, elsewhere" would be enough for fights to break out I should think.

Unfortunately the momentum of the demand for change has waned and the "aim" of the once critical mass has been lowered to small stuff that CCP can do over lunch .. just to get something .. anything. Sad, but Realpolitik can be a right proper ***** sometimes Cry
Veshta Yoshida
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#955 - 2012-03-09 20:32:12 UTC
So once political office is aspired to the base/origin is neglected?

Eve being a real-life simulation is all fine and dandy, but really .. had to resort to the inferior search to even find the damn thing. You may be a minne and all, but surely the taste of freedom has invoked some sort of integrity in your decrepit soul!
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#956 - 2012-03-09 20:36:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Cearain
Veshta Yoshida wrote:
So once political office is aspired to the base/origin is neglected?

Eve being a real-life simulation is all fine and dandy, but really .. had to resort to the inferior search to even find the damn thing. You may be a minne and all, but surely the taste of freedom has invoked some sort of integrity in your decrepit soul!


Do not assume Hans is in yet.

If you are reading this then stop, right now, and go vote for him.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Hans Jagerblitzen
Ice Fire Warriors
Infinite Pew
#957 - 2012-03-09 20:41:50 UTC
Veshta Yoshida wrote:
So once political office is aspired to the base/origin is neglected?

Eve being a real-life simulation is all fine and dandy, but really .. had to resort to the inferior search to even find the damn thing. You may be a minne and all, but surely the taste of freedom has invoked some sort of integrity in your decrepit soul!



Are you asking why I'm not in here commenting in this thread??

CPM0 Chairman / CSM7 Vice Secretary

Veshta Yoshida
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#958 - 2012-03-09 20:52:57 UTC
Already voted for the only non-sheep candidate available so that is sorted.

Problem I have is that said candidate seems to have forgotten what got the ball rolling .. just trying to keep the minnie honest .. honest! .. not a base bump of an eternally relevant thread!
Har Harrison
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#959 - 2012-03-16 10:16:19 UTC
Any last minute discussion/points of interest to raise with CCP @ fanfest???

Hans Jagerblitzen
Ice Fire Warriors
Infinite Pew
#960 - 2012-03-16 15:20:18 UTC
Veshta Yoshida wrote:

Problem I have is that said candidate seems to have forgotten what got the ball rolling .. just trying to keep the minnie honest .. honest! .. not a base bump of an eternally relevant thread!


I do have a name, you know. Roll

Point is, the best use of my time right now as far as helping the Faction Warfare community out, is to put all my energy into the election. I am in no way trying to neglect the group here, I look forward to not having election work to deal with so that I can back to talking about how we can fix the game. While I haven't had time to post much here, I've been following this thread as well as the FW-related threads and have continued to forward the community's ideas and feedback straight to the current CSM.

There's no way I could "forget" what got the ball rolling, because I've referenced this thread and the work I put into the community throughout my campaign. You guys are the reason it was possible, and I thank each and every one of you for participating in the discussion!

Just because I'm not here posting doesn't mean the conversation has to end, by all mean continue to share ideas and solutions, I'm still here, still watching, still taking notes!

CPM0 Chairman / CSM7 Vice Secretary