These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dev blog: Half-Time Overview of EVE Online: Retribution

First post
Author
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#81 - 2012-10-31 13:48:16 UTC
Louis deGuerre wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:
Louis deGuerre wrote:
I like some things in the upcoming expansion, others not, but we will see.

Can we PLEASE get moveme bots on the test servers. This cannot be a hard task and it is superannoying when players make time free to test your stuff and then wait in vain for hours for someone to log in and move them.

Also, can we get a link to highres of that picture in your blog ? pretty please Blink

That would be handy, yes, but if you are waiting for hours why not simply just take a few minutes and fly there yourself?

I could make 30 jumps...or I could go out and take a stroll in the sun. The decision was not hard.

Yet you did neither. According to your post you instead "waited in vain for hours". Blink

There is this thing called autopilot, and these other things called shuttles... add them together and you get 30 jumps in roughly 30 minutes AND a nice walk outside in the sun.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Freelancer117
So you want to be a Hero
#82 - 2012-10-31 14:03:07 UTC
In early december my yearly sub runs out, after reading this list of inbound stuff consider my sub renewed™ Bear

Eve online is :

A) mining simulator B) glorified chatroom C) spreadsheets online

D) CCP Games Pay to Win at skill leveling, with instant gratification

http://eve-radio.com//images/photos/3419/223/34afa0d7998f0a9a86f737d6.jpg

http://bit.ly/1egr4mF

Elder Ozzian
Perkone
Caldari State
#83 - 2012-10-31 14:49:06 UTC
Vincent Athena wrote:
What has Team Avatar been working on for Retribution? Anything? Or have they all been loaned out to other groups for this expansion?

I'd like to know about this too...

I disagree!

Traidir
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#84 - 2012-10-31 15:12:48 UTC
That Shipyard shot looks like it would make a good station environment.

CCP Ripley wrote:

Finally, Team TriLambda is also working on the Planetary Visualizations for the EVE part of DUST 514.

You guys should to throw some of those assets into station vistas! I can see seams in these old station textures, there's very little animation: like people in the windows, repair crews, stevedores (the Amarr station at least has some cross traffic, which is commendable though limited), and windows on the stars wouldn't hurt (for so many reasons, both aesthetic and practical).
Lateris
#85 - 2012-10-31 17:49:13 UTC
I like the pic of the frigate on the bottom of the dev blog. That would be a nice C Q's for me.
Moraguth
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#86 - 2012-10-31 18:23:00 UTC
Louis deGuerre wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:
Louis deGuerre wrote:

Can we PLEASE get moveme bots on the test servers. This cannot be a hard task and it is superannoying when players make time free to test your stuff and then wait in vain for hours for someone to log in and move them.

Also, can we get a link to highres of that picture in your blog ? pretty please Blink

That would be handy, yes, but if you are waiting for hours why not simply just take a few minutes and fly there yourself?

I could make 30 jumps...or I could go out and take a stroll in the sun. The decision was not hard.

autopilot in a shuttle means you can do both :)

I got a Feature Added!

Stop calling an Abaddon "abba-dawn".  It is "uh-bad-in" dictionary.com/abaddon

Gizznitt Malikite
Agony Unleashed
Agony Empire
#87 - 2012-10-31 18:30:07 UTC
Moraguth wrote:
Louis deGuerre wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:
Louis deGuerre wrote:

Or for quick travel:
Clone Jump...
or
Change Clone station to somewhere nearby where you want to go and SD pod....

It's not like implants or isk should prevent any of those! If your meeting corp mates, have one of them purchase a corp office in the desired location and then you can all pod death there!!
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#88 - 2012-10-31 18:37:59 UTC
Gizznitt Malikite wrote:
Moraguth wrote:
Louis deGuerre wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:
Louis deGuerre wrote:

Or for quick travel:
Clone Jump...
or
Change Clone station to somewhere nearby where you want to go and SD pod....

It's not like implants or isk should prevent any of those! If your meeting corp mates, have one of them purchase a corp office in the desired location and then you can all pod death there!!

That would make a great corp title as well.
"Server of the Corporate Kool-Aid".

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Pak Narhoo
Splinter Foundation
#89 - 2012-10-31 19:28:12 UTC

I'm probably still living in the past but:

Why, after the entire Incarna firestorm did you give an ok on the inventory and released it as it was? With the two responsible devs telling us our feedback could not be trusted or even getting angry at the feedback telling them it was not ready for release?

It's nice and appreciated to see the inventory is slowly getting into shape. Still my question remains, why was it placed into the build when it clearly (you are still fixing it) wasn't ready for prime time?

Maybe my question should be how much of the new stuff for the next expansion does CCP test intern, by how many people?
And how much of it is forced past Q&A with a "if its broken we'll fix it later?"
mine mi
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#90 - 2012-10-31 19:38:59 UTC
I did not understand why the destroyers, if you still do not know if the new frigates will be a threat and do nothing with the proliferation of supers.
olan2005
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#91 - 2012-10-31 20:18:53 UTC
while i applaud the change in attitude of ccp of fix the broke shitr. Can u sort out poses making them more secure and fraknly the should switch from this safe zone go inside the bubble to a mini station were u can attach or dock ships. Also tech the alchemy helped but realy not a permanant solution. Now is the time to make it more redily avialable so the entire playerbase can access there by ending monoplies
Louis deGuerre
The Dark Tribe
#92 - 2012-10-31 21:40:19 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
Louis deGuerre wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:
Louis deGuerre wrote:

Yet you did neither. According to your post you instead "waited in vain for hours". Blink

There is this thing called autopilot, and these other things called shuttles... add them together and you get 30 jumps in roughly 30 minutes AND a nice walk outside in the sun.

*Generic OMG I'm being trolled and I care post*
Lipbite
Express Hauler
#93 - 2012-10-31 23:58:36 UTC
Checked Duality.

Targeting interface is gooood. No more vertical-horizontal lines all across the screen.

NPC changes are ... interesting? (mission NPCs chew drones like sleepers)

Weapon sounds are great.

Bad news: no WiS changes. Could be nice to see EVE implementation of common (operation planning) rooms visible in "The way of the mercenary" Dust video @ 1m30s - asap (I guess they will be implemented sooner or later to interact with Dust players - why not implement them during winter? They are great.)
Flamespar
WarRavens
#94 - 2012-11-01 00:17:06 UTC
What happened to tattoos for the avatars?
Tornii
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#95 - 2012-11-01 15:38:59 UTC
"They are also making different music playlists play in hisec, lowsec and zero sec"

Does this mean there will be new soundtracks? Like the one in the new login screen video?
Selkie Dream
Doomheim
#96 - 2012-11-01 16:55:53 UTC
"The sound of battle"?

The sound of battle in space is dead silence, short of reverberations from your guns firing, and stuff impacting on your armor (Assumption: There is a tiny gap between your shields and your armor)
oldbutfeelingyoung
Perkone
Caldari State
#97 - 2012-11-01 17:03:05 UTC
lol Team Avatar stated that there is not so much use anymore, to discuss WIS here on the forums ,they will bring the discussion to next Fanfest
So why asking about Team Avatar and WIS

R.S.I2014

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#98 - 2012-11-01 17:31:56 UTC
Selkie Dream wrote:
"The sound of battle"?

The sound of battle in space is dead silence, short of reverberations from your guns firing, and stuff impacting on your armor (Assumption: There is a tiny gap between your shields and your armor)

You would obvously be able to hear any sound created by your own ship or impacting on your ship.

For those that are new to EVE lore, your ships computer generates appropriate sounds for you to make your job as a pilot easier. They are artificial sensory cues that make it easier to orient yourself and identify different weapons and other equipment in use around you. Likewise your camera drones use whatever sensors and filters necessary to give you the most complete view of what is going on around you, even though things like many of the various nebulae or particle clouds in EvE would be invisible to the naked eye.

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#99 - 2012-11-01 17:34:26 UTC
I was somewhat surprised at no mention of what was being done with the effects when a ship dies now... and I presume they aren't done yet. Smile

Vincent Athena
Photosynth
#100 - 2012-11-01 20:34:54 UTC
oldbutfeelingyoung wrote:
lol Team Avatar stated that there is not so much use anymore, to discuss WIS here on the forums ,they will bring the discussion to next Fanfest
So why asking about Team Avatar and WIS

Which is why I asked that, if team avatar is not doing WiS stuff for this expansion, are they doing? We have heard from the other teams what they are doing, but not team Avatar.

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction