These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dev blog: Half-Time Overview of EVE Online: Retribution

First post
Author
oldbutfeelingyoung
Perkone
Caldari State
#101 - 2012-11-01 21:36:55 UTC  |  Edited by: oldbutfeelingyoung
Vincent Athena wrote:
oldbutfeelingyoung wrote:
lol Team Avatar stated that there is not so much use anymore, to discuss WIS here on the forums ,they will bring the discussion to next Fanfest
So why asking about Team Avatar and WIS

Which is why I asked that, if team avatar is not doing WiS stuff for this expansion, are they doing? We have heard from the other teams what they are doing, but not team Avatar.

As stated in their last thread ,Unifex told that they have to do other things then Avatar related stuff ,for the time being.
So basically TA is gone for the moment and i am afraid that TA is gone forever.
The only thing they will do is show some meaningless stuff at fanfest ,to justify a year of prototyping

So no changes to that one room for now ,no promised tattoos , useless CQ will stay useless for the next few years.
maybe until CCP figures out ,how their own software works or it is certain that 99,999 percent of this community has the hardware to play the latest ubergames

R.S.I2014

Dersen Lowery
The Scope
#102 - 2012-11-01 21:55:55 UTC
Vincent Athena wrote:
oldbutfeelingyoung wrote:
lol Team Avatar stated that there is not so much use anymore, to discuss WIS here on the forums ,they will bring the discussion to next Fanfest
So why asking about Team Avatar and WIS

Which is why I asked that, if team avatar is not doing WiS stuff for this expansion, are they doing? We have heard from the other teams what they are doing, but not team Avatar.

Team Avatar has been disbanded, and its members disbursed to other teams to help with Retribution.

ETA for the Incarna content they were prototyping is now officially :18months:.

Proud founder and member of the Belligerent Desirables.

I voted in CSM X!

Vincent Athena
Photosynth
#103 - 2012-11-01 22:40:37 UTC
All that still does not answer the question: What part of Retribution are the people who were in Team Avatar working on?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

Utremi Fasolasi
La Dolce Vita
#104 - 2012-11-02 04:33:50 UTC
I'm hoping the splash screen music will be a little more militant and less sleep inducing than the current expansion.. Apocrypha, Dominion and Tyrannis all had music that captured the feel of the name of the expansion but Inferno music is like meh.
CCP Guard
C C P
C C P Alliance
#105 - 2012-11-02 10:55:29 UTC
Utremi Fasolasi wrote:
I'm hoping the splash screen music will be a little more militant and less sleep inducing than the current expansion.. Apocrypha, Dominion and Tyrannis all had music that captured the feel of the name of the expansion but Inferno music is like meh.

I heard the new Retribution score and it gave me goosebumps at least :)

CCP Guard | EVE Community Developer | @CCP_Guard

Rek Seven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#106 - 2012-11-02 11:06:02 UTC
Dersen Lowery wrote:

Team Avatar has been disbanded, and its members disbursed to other teams to help with Retribution.

Where did you here that? Link me please.
Warde Guildencrantz
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#107 - 2012-11-02 13:18:07 UTC
Rek Seven wrote:
Dersen Lowery wrote:

Where did you here that? Link me please.

tadah

TunDraGon ~ Low sec piracy since 2003 ~ Youtube ~ Join Us

Gunship
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#108 - 2012-11-02 14:07:41 UTC
Hi Ripley,

FW seams very broken right now, I hope you will spend some time on this issue and fix it.

What is CCP's goals with FW right now? That does not seem clear to me Shocked
Celestis Kudzu
Elliss
#109 - 2012-11-02 15:28:25 UTC
So.. no update starbase or research/industry on pos ?
Sad

Tornii
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#110 - 2012-11-03 17:06:49 UTC
CCP Guard wrote:
Utremi Fasolasi wrote:

So this confirms my question on the previous page. Thanks for finding the time to add more music to EVE.
Calha Nemarr
Perkone
Caldari State
#111 - 2012-11-09 19:23:17 UTC
If you're looking at the music, one thing that irritates me is that whether you enable shuffle or not, the same exact first track (Miner stories I believe, not sure) always plays when you first log into the game. I log/relog a lot and log in briefly to perform quick tasks a lot, so it actually gets really monotonous. I otherwise enjoy the music. It would be nice if "shuffle" worked on the first track of the play session.
MaverickScot
Diminishing Returns.
#112 - 2012-11-12 18:29:48 UTC  |  Edited by: MaverickScot
Daneel Trevize wrote:
I hope this is a sign that the Megathron hull redesign is being shelved for being strictly inferior to the current model & textures.

This. I don't like the new Megathron Hulls or the silly warp and jump sound effects that have been added. Still not convinced by the new UInv but it appears to be a little better. There is a lot to like though. Still working through the changes.

Mav
oldbutfeelingyoung
Perkone
Caldari State
#113 - 2013-01-04 23:31:17 UTC
CCP Guard wrote:
Utremi Fasolasi wrote:

So they sent in CCP Guard to give troll answers instead of real ones.
ooh well

R.S.I2014