These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dev blog: Half-Time Overview of EVE Online: Retribution

First post
Author
Warde Guildencrantz
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#21 - 2012-10-30 17:14:04 UTC
Hiram Alexander wrote:
Oxandrolone wrote:
I normally get excited about devblogs, especially when they got Retribution in the title. But this contains nothing except stuff that should be kept internal such as what individual teams are called which is irrelivent to almost everyone who plays this game.

Was hoping for some new information thats actually useful as a player :(

btw i love your game but this devblog is worthless

If nothing else, it (as good as) confirms that Team Avatar have been binned. Some will be happy, others, not so much...

No, they are working on avatar shipwreck exploration, simply not for this release however.

TunDraGon ~ Low sec piracy since 2003 ~ Youtube ~ Join Us

Hiram Alexander
State Reprisal
#22 - 2012-10-30 17:15:13 UTC
Salpun wrote:
Hiram Alexander wrote:
Oxandrolone wrote:
I normally get excited about devblogs, especially when they got Retribution in the title. But this contains nothing except stuff that should be kept internal such as what individual teams are called which is irrelivent to almost everyone who plays this game.

If nothing else, it (as good as) confirms that Team Avatar have been binned. Some will be happy, others, not so much...

I sense a bait postTwisted

The force is strong in this one... Blink
Hiram Alexander
State Reprisal
#23 - 2012-10-30 17:19:21 UTC
Warde Guildencrantz wrote:
Hiram Alexander wrote:
Oxandrolone wrote:

No, they are working on avatar shipwreck exploration, simply not for this release however.

They aren't y'know... but that's a conversation for another thread...

On a more constructive note... Some v3's were mentioned, but others, like the Megathron re-build (nice), Sansha and T3 v3's, etc... weren't mentioned - any official news on that?
Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
Masters of Flying Objects
#24 - 2012-10-30 17:21:48 UTC
Hiram Alexander wrote:
Warde Guildencrantz wrote:
Hiram Alexander wrote:
Oxandrolone wrote:

They aren't y'know... but that's a conversation for another thread...

On a more constructive note... Some v3's were mentioned, but others, like the Megathron re-build (nice), Sansha and T3 v3's, etc... weren't mentioned - any official news on that?

Myr is getting fixed I think no one as sayed anything becouse they are not sure how many will get done before release.

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

Radgette
EVE Irn Bru Distribution
#25 - 2012-10-30 17:22:32 UTC
CCP Guard wrote:
We were looking at wall sized versions of the redone ship hulls on one of the meeting room projectors at the office the other day...they look reaaaaally good :p. The Vargur is my personal favorite this time around.

give the fleet pest back it's rectangular wingy bits !!!!
Jim Luc
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#26 - 2012-10-30 17:48:32 UTC
She posted a great shot of the hanger animation with the new destroyer, but didn't mention that we might be getting a new hangar? Please let me know if I should get excited for new hangars, or is this just trailer pron? Shocked
Lyron-Baktos
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2012-10-30 17:55:44 UTC
Would love a dev blog from the sound team
Lykouleon
Noble Sentiments
Second Empire.
#28 - 2012-10-30 18:05:32 UTC
Soon CCP Tuxford will be renamed CCP Scapegoat and the world will finally make sense.

Unless there's already a CCP Scapegoat, in which case he needs to be more vocal so we can pour our love and affection on him.

Lykouleon > CYNO ME CLOSER so I can hit them with my sword

Aineko Macx
#29 - 2012-10-30 18:10:49 UTC
The Navythron finally looks badass again, thank you! Big smile
Altrue
Exploration Frontier inc
Tactical-Retreat
#30 - 2012-10-30 18:13:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Altrue
A lot of great stuff incoming !

For my part, I especially love the new sounds (Seriously, yes !) that are greatly changing the feeling of playing EvE when you have all the audio activated. (Perhaps the pleasure of discovery, though)

But of course, UI improvements like damage logs or targeting interface are appreciated as well :)

Now I'm looking forward to see the new trailer !!

PS : One sad thing though, as a wormhole player we do not use battleship that much due to mass restrictions (except for chain collapsing, eh !) and we are a bit dissapointed to see that the best new modules are often for battleship class. We also don't see much use to this new micro jump drive, due to the fact of loosing of med for a 5 min CD item, but that's another debate !

Signature Tanking Best Tanking

[Ex-F] CEO - Eve-guides.fr

Ultimate Citadel Guide - 2016 EVE Career Chart

Magic Crisp
Amarrian Micro Devices
#31 - 2012-10-30 18:28:36 UTC
Salpun wrote:
Magic Crisp wrote:
What about fixing things, and making the UI more user and noob friendly? Like making rclick menus consistent (same rclick options in both market tabs, on characters on showinfo, context menu, whatever), making the logical (no me/pe/copy/etc options for BPCs, ever seen confused noobs?), doubleclicking on your own orders is not selling/buying but bumping, such things i call "user experience". Also, what about that new manufacturing interface we've been hearing about? And what about the mail window always shrinking the maillist to a few pixels so we _always_ have to resize it? And the chat windows blackening out when we click around the bottom of their tab? What about the things like the ragnarok BPO requires launcher parts but the ship has no launcher hardpoints? What about the *ugh* role "bitfield" system? Are any of the stuff that actually annoy us and ruining our "user experience" going to be fixed?

Looks like a post that also belongs on the little things threadBig smile
Please add some tabs so the devs will respond to all your issues.

I have written it down many times, they never respond. If it was their propose to make our everyday ingame life as hard as it can be. Sometimes they fix a little thing. Then the next tiniest patch within 2 weeks breaks the fix, and they don't even notice it. Regressions ftw.
Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#32 - 2012-10-30 18:42:27 UTC
I for one am looking forward to this

/c

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

adopt
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#33 - 2012-10-30 18:49:42 UTC
I foresee griefing DUST players becoming a reality.
Bagehi
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#34 - 2012-10-30 18:56:19 UTC
Quote:
Team Five-0 are also taking a look at the rogue drone regions so you will see new and improved content there.

This looks like it could be a blog all by itself. Any hints on what is being done to them in the meantime?
Vincent Athena
Photosynth
#35 - 2012-10-30 19:17:05 UTC
What has Team Avatar been working on for Retribution? Anything? Or have they all been loaned out to other groups for this expansion?

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

Alx Warlord
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#36 - 2012-10-30 19:18:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Alx Warlord
Hello CCP Ripley,

You are the one that will order the so much needed POS revamp? and the ring mining? and all other awesome stuff promised by CCP for the next expansion?!!?!? So you are the one that will receive all my LOVE/HATE depending on what happens next. I hope that the POS revamp meets our expectations , I'm really looking forward to it!

At the moment you are getting excellent results in this expansion, I can say that it will probably be one of the best expansion in EVE. This will really have awesome results in the game-play. I really admire you for this!

If you want to know our expectations about the POS system: NEW POS SYSTEM EXAMPLE

Also thx for this dev blog!
Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#37 - 2012-10-30 19:36:04 UTC
Oh dear, different playlists for sec level? Teletubbies & Lazytown themes for hisec Twisted
Xorth Adimus
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#38 - 2012-10-30 19:36:07 UTC
Destination SkillQueue wrote:
Does the highsec playlist include the carebears theme music? If it won't be included normally, will it be put in temporarily on april fools day?

Also, what are the actual differences in the music you plan on having between the different security areas and in which area(s) do you plan to use the current music?

Obligatory: 'EVE has sound?'
Niko Lorenzio
United Eve Directorate
#39 - 2012-10-30 19:41:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Niko Lorenzio
CCP Guard wrote:
Xercodo wrote:
You said tempest and vargur twice xD

That's because we're redoing them twice! First we change them, and then we change them back. That way you get twice as much for your money!

Ok, I'm not going to BS my way out of this one...it was an editing failure and I've fixed it Big smile

Thanks!

Man, I had the weirdest dream last night. I was in Iceland at CCP HQ being interviewed by CCP Guard and CCP Soundwave. They gave me a little booklet with psychological questions, and as I was answering them I realized that everyone at CCP is a bit crazy and that I will probably never get hired because my answers were too "normal".
Then I went back to the hotel room and while I wasn't hired yet I had to come to work the next morning, but I overslept and woke up at 10am Sad

Anyway, about the changes, love them all. I don't see a single thing to complain about. This will be one of the smoothest and best expansions in a long time. Still no major love for low or null sec but at least lots of great features and nothing being broken... yet!
Keep up the excellent work! I can't wait till December!

The CSM XI Election are now open until March 25th, 2016. Consider Niko Lorenzio for CSM XI.

CSM matters, your voice matters, your vote matters!

DarthNefarius
Minmatar Heavy Industries
#40 - 2012-10-30 19:55:51 UTC
Is this the place I start the auction for CCP NerfHerders corpse? Lol
An' then Chicken@little.com, he come scramblin outta the    Terminal room screaming "The system's crashing! The system's    crashing!" -Uncle RAMus, 'Tales for Cyberpsychotic Children'