These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Duality Open Period - 26/10 to 30/10 and 05/11 - 08/11

First post
Author
SlayerOfArgus
Hermes Enterprises
#81 - 2012-10-28 03:51:00 UTC
Kenshi Hanshin wrote:
I was just on Duality before downtime. I was wondering if and when the new destroyers will be available to be flown? As I would really like to be able to test them myself! In addition, I tested the missile changes. The missile changes are good in my opinion. So I want to communicate my support and approval for those changes, even as a Caldari pilot.

Thank you very much for your time and effort!

When in Duality, go to the moveme channel and asked to be moved. You'll go to the test system where they have the new drones and ships, etc.
Rammix
TheMurk
#82 - 2012-10-28 12:59:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Rammix
del

OpenSUSE Leap 42.1, wine >1.9

Covert cyno in highsec: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=296129&find=unread

Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#83 - 2012-10-28 23:32:10 UTC
I am in a Vargur running Sansha Vengeance Level IV.

I have perfect gunnery skills, using 2 T2 Gyros and 2 T2 Tracking Enhancers.
I should have a range, according to YOUR ingame stats, of 3.9 km optimal, 62 km first falloff,. which jives with EFT.

I can't figure out why I seem to be missing everything, or barely touching it.
Oh yeah, I am being tracking disrupted, and my optimal plus falloff are like 15 km.
I found that out when I mouse-overed my guns, since the TD is not showing up on the HUD or in the overview.
The NPC's webbing icon does in both places though.

But since I can't tell which NPC's are tracking disrupting me, I can't try to target them.

And yes, I have filed a bug report on Duality.
Arienne Deveraux
Star Frontiers
Brotherhood of Spacers
#84 - 2012-10-29 00:49:27 UTC
Is there a timeframe on Crimewatch 2.0 deployment on Duality? Current implementation is ... inconsistent to say the least.
Sarah Porter
Perkone
Caldari State
#85 - 2012-10-29 01:23:53 UTC
I can´t put the mining frigate in the ship hangar of the rorqual.
CCP Audio
C C P
C C P Alliance
#86 - 2012-10-29 14:13:36 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP WhiteNoiseTrash
Thanks for the audio feedback, it's really nice to hear that you actually went through these. We in the audio department spent quite a lot of time updating all the turrets and making a lot of changes and cosmetic changes to the entire structure of the audio system, creating a much "bigger" experience, so we really need the feedback to meditate upon.

Pertuabo Enkidgan wrote:
I wasn't sure where to post this but here I go;

Are the turret audio final? Some of them sound somewhat similar and could use more distinction. They're also missing that extra *umpf*

The turrets are "final". Meaning that your feedback is really good to us and I will go over them an extra time to make sure that your experience of the "too little" changes between them is not just because some of them happen to have the same files.

Pertuabo Enkidgan wrote:

When a audio clip finishes there is no noticible audio recoil, like when it's charging down for the next volley.
Idea; you could make the tachyon/or large lasers sound something like a Reaper Laser from Mass Effect 3.

We are not sure if the guns actually have a recoil sound. Like you say it's hard to explain audio, but I think I get your points here. About the Tachyon and large lasers, you should try the x-large lasers instead. Blink

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bjørn Jacobsen | Deceased Audio Designer | EVE Online & EVE : Valkyrie | CCP Games | I might be slow at replying - but at least I'm bad at football.

Oberine Noriepa
#87 - 2012-10-29 15:24:52 UTC
CCP Audio: Do you guys ever plan on remastering the in-game soundtrack, or creating a new soundtrack altogether? I think remastering the current one would be nice since it sort of falls into the same philosophy as the rest of EVE's development: Basically turning the old into something new.

I emailed Jón Hallur not too long ago about this. He said that CCP doesn't have any plans for updating the soundtrack. I think that's rather unfortunate. What?

Doc Buddy
Nomad Mining Company
#88 - 2012-10-29 16:19:08 UTC
Thought the squares where fine the way they were. Not sure if circles are necessary. If the damage indicators ran clock wise, shields, armor, hull, it would be more intuitive.

The new damage notifications are very nice.

The salvage drones really need to be able to salvage on their own or give them more speed, alot more speed, to get from wreck to wreck. And if they don't salvage on their own not sure if anyone would use them.

The new Caldari desi, with poor missile skills, hits harder than a pre buffed hybrids, maxed skilled, Kronos. The Kronos has an amazing look with the new Mega hull.

The new Gallente desi works ok for ratting/missioning but is limited by the lack cpu and dps.
Warde Guildencrantz
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#89 - 2012-10-29 17:38:46 UTC
CCP Audio wrote:

Pertuabo Enkidgan wrote:

When a audio clip finishes there is no noticible audio recoil, like when it's charging down for the next volley.
Idea; you could make the tachyon/or large lasers sound something like a Reaper Laser from Mass Effect 3.

We are not sure if the guns actually have a recoil sound. Like you say it's hard to explain audio, but I think I get your points here. About the Tachyon and large lasers, you should try the x-large lasers instead. Blink

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it is safe to say a 20 meter long weapon will have a recoil, just the same as a 1km long weapon will have a recoil. The 1km long one should simply be louder, or more noticable, and the 20m one you should be able to hear whilst zoomed in on your ship. Also, it would be great if there were intensified sounds when weapons are overheated.

TunDraGon ~ Low sec piracy since 2003 ~ Youtube ~ Join Us

The Doctor Galferrin
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#90 - 2012-10-29 19:39:08 UTC
i havent been able to log into duality at all in the last 12 hours, the launcher works but when it goes into the sign in page it wont launch it, i tried to use the repair tool and it reverted to tq or something but it had to repatch and after waiting through that it goes back to the same issue, im not having trouble with the tq server or the buckingham server sign ins just the duality, is anyone else having that problem or am i the only one?
Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
Masters of Flying Objects
#91 - 2012-10-29 19:40:15 UTC
The Doctor Galferrin wrote:
i havent been able to log into duality at all in the last 12 hours, the launcher works but when it goes into the sign in page it wont launch it, i tried to use the repair tool and it reverted to tq or something but it had to repatch and after waiting through that it goes back to the same issue, im not having trouble with the tq server or the buckingham server sign ins just the duality, is anyone else having that problem or am i the only one?

Fine for me

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

The Doctor Galferrin
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#92 - 2012-10-29 19:58:09 UTC
well i guess ill try the repair tool again.......... here goes a few hrs of my day!! lol
Salpun
#93 - 2012-10-29 20:01:23 UTC
well i guess ill try the repair tool again.......... here goes a few hrs of my day!! lol

you running windows or mac

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

The Doctor Galferrin
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#94 - 2012-10-29 20:09:09 UTC
running windows 7, but like i said i can see the sign ins for buckingham and tranq, just cant see the sign in for duality, so i really have no idea why its not showing, its almost like its actually trying to run its just not showing me the screen for it
Salpun
#95 - 2012-10-29 20:20:36 UTC
running windows 7, but like i said i can see the sign ins for buckingham and tranq, just cant see the sign in for duality, so i really have no idea why its not showing, its almost like its actually trying to run its just not showing me the screen for it

Run a log server and try it and send in the file before you run the repair tool.

I have also found if you deleted the settings folder you do not have to down load the full file again. Running the repair tool from in side the folder patches to the wrong place use the one in the launcher.

CCP BlueScreen
C C P
C C P Alliance
#96 - 2012-10-29 21:02:46 UTC
Hannott Thanos wrote:
CCP BlueScreen wrote:
Logan LaMort wrote:
CCP BlueScreen wrote:
Hannott Thanos wrote:
I am still sad panda, because you have still not fixed the Myrmidon texture issue.

What issue in particular are you referring to?

On the left 'arm' of the Myrmidon, above the third and fourth hardpoint is a black mark embedded into the hull, that isn't present on the right arm. It looks like a glitch with the bump map and you can easily see it in the ship viewer if you zoom and check above those hardpoints. It's been there since the V3 revamp as far as I can remember.

Right you are, I remember this issue actually, will look into why this isn't fixed.

Thanks.. CCP Zorba promised to send me a mail on the issue back at 2012.06.11, but he never did :\

Docked this baby for you and got busy with the sheet metal mallet.

Some permanent armor plating repairs and some nanites around that burn damage did the trick.
Also knocked out the worst of those mirroring plating seams for you.

We will keep it in the shop for some routine maintenance and its periodic ship inspection, should be good to go for the 4'th of DecemberBlink

Fly safePirate
The Doctor Galferrin
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#97 - 2012-10-29 21:32:37 UTC
Salpun wrote:

Run a log server and try it and send in the file before you run the repair tool.

I have also found if you deleted the settings folder you do not have to down load the full file again. Running the repair tool from in side the folder patches to the wrong place use the one in the launcher.

tried that and still its not working, making a new folder and just patching it and redirecting it i hope it works!!
Salpun
#98 - 2012-10-29 21:38:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Salpun
Salpun wrote:

tried that and still its not working, making a new folder and just patching it and redirecting it i hope it works!!

bug report it if it does not fix it this time dev team will thank you.
Double check the redirect just to be sure.

Namamai
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#99 - 2012-10-29 22:22:53 UTC
Quick question. The notes in the Team SuperFriends post said that the Target Spectrum Breaker's scan res penalty was reduced to 25%. However, on Duality, it's actually been bumped to -75%. Bug?
Salpun
#100 - 2012-10-29 22:23:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Salpun
NPCs at the gallente Academy Office targeted my rookie ship and I got yellow boxed that had never happened before. Is this supposed to happen might be a off shoot of the new AI.

Bug report 145864