These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Goons "legalising" botting!!

First post First post
Author
The Apostle
Doomheim
#81 - 2011-09-29 04:51:22 UTC
Quote:
Do I really need to link false dichotomy here? Really?

Yes you do. Read it. There is no dichotomy let alone a false one.

I have presented several points on this topic. But it comes down to the one fundamental question.

WHY do Goons need to have their own bots reported to the heirarchy? Why can't an ordinary Goon report a bot he finds without threat of expulsion? Why, given that it can be done anonymously anyway, is it even declared as policy?

Somebody in Goons hates bots, has acted and now Goons are all over it. Why?

Quote:
There's nothing in the EULA or TOS saying that you can't tell others not to report rulebreakers, or that you can't punish people who do.

So an absence of law makes it right?

Read my posts again (after you read the Dichotomy wiki).

I am ASKING for it to be included in the EULA and this is the perfect reason it should be. CCP needs to clarify a position here. Goons may have said "report to us and we'll deal". They said "don't report to CCP". Why?

It's sending the wrong message? Join Goons and you won't get reported to CCP but Mittens will decide your fate if he so choses!

Which might bring us to "A Dichotomy" if there is one.

Is an alliance (if they declare a policy of "report to diplo") now considered responsible for bots? If so then the alliance takes a hit if they're found with bots.

Or they are not responsible and must remain so. Leave it to the player report feature and CCP. Don't interfere in the process. Simple.

[i]Take an aspirin. If pain persists consult your local priest. WTB: An Austrian kangaroo![/i]

Simetraz
State War Academy
Caldari State
#82 - 2011-09-29 05:04:23 UTC
The Apostle wrote:

Either they are responsible for bot reporting/management and must pay the penalty (as an alliance) if caught or they are not and must allow the individual do their thing without fear of retribution due to corp policy if they do.

Alliances are not responsible for the actions of an individual.
You can't ban a 100 or 6000 person alliance because a Corporation in that alliance has a botter.

You can ban the botter.

Yes GSF leadership is once again showing there poor character, no surprise there.

But nobody can force you to do anything in this game.
IF your alliance has a no report policy you have 3 choices.
1. Leave the alliance (and report it to CCP)
2. Don't look for botters so you aren't put in that position. (you would surprised how many people turn a blind eye)
3. Do what the alliance leaders say.

If you want GSF banned as a whole it is not going to happen and they are not the only alliance with botters.
End of story.

mkint
#83 - 2011-09-29 05:12:37 UTC  |  Edited by: mkint
Weren't you defending Goon botting a few days ago? I made the claim that it's logical to assume that MIttens finances his life style not from being a retired lawyer (he's like how old? 15?) but from his RMT empire. And the assumption follows, that since in the past year CCP has made arbitrary game design decisions that actively reduce their competition/increase Goons' RMT profits, that a few key devs are in the pocket of the Goons.

edit: and unless Sreegs is actively cheating for his old buddies, reporting botters is anonymous. And if Sreegs is actively cheating and you get banned for your anonymous report, the rest of EVE needs to know.

Maxim 6. If violence wasn’t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.

Zirse
Risktech Analytics
#84 - 2011-09-29 05:27:07 UTC
mkint wrote:
Weren't you defending Goon botting a few days ago? I made the claim that it's logical to assume that MIttens finances his life style not from being a retired lawyer (he's like how old? 15?) but from his RMT empire. And the assumption follows, that since in the past year CCP has made arbitrary game design decisions that actively reduce their competition/increase Goons' RMT profits, that a few key devs are in the pocket of the Goons.

edit: and unless Sreegs is actively cheating for his old buddies, reporting botters is anonymous. And if Sreegs is actively cheating and you get banned for your anonymous report, the rest of EVE needs to know.

That was the biggest facepalm I've done in a while.

There are people that RMT in every alliance, but there's no way you couldn't lead anything but a minimum wage life on EVE. You expect paid employees of CCP to risk their jobs by helping out some ex-alliance friends for what would be the equivalent of a few cheeseburgers now and again?
Apollo-Moor
Omni Defense Intelligence Network
Get Off My Lawn
#85 - 2011-09-29 05:32:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Apollo-Moor
Simetraz wrote:
The Apostle wrote:

Either they are responsible for bot reporting/management and must pay the penalty (as an alliance) if caught or they are not and must allow the individual do their thing without fear of retribution due to corp policy if they do.

You can't ban a 100 or 6000 person alliance because a Corporation in that alliance has a botter.

You can ban the botter.

Yes GSF leadership is once again showing there poor character, no surprise there.

But nobody can force you to do anything in this game.
2. Don't look for botters so you aren't put in that position. (you would surprised how many people turn a blind eye)

If you want GSF banned as a whole it is not going to happen and they are not the only alliance with botters.
End of story.

Let's leave no room for error here. For there is an Option 4 and the best one in my opinion. Stay in the Alliance in this case GSF and report the **** out of every botter you see. You are perfectly protected and don't need to say a damn thing to your corrupt ass leadership..

GO HARD!
The Apostle
Doomheim
#86 - 2011-09-29 05:32:12 UTC
Quote:

Correct.

Except Goons HAVE assumed responsibility by saying "Thou shalt only report to thy leadership". Since when did Goons (or anyone) start accepting responsibility for actions against EULA violations?

They are VERY quick to say it's CCP's problem ("we're not cops for CCP") but disallow CCP intervention as a policy.

[i]Take an aspirin. If pain persists consult your local priest. WTB: An Austrian kangaroo![/i]

Apollo-Moor
Get Off My Lawn
#87 - 2011-09-29 05:35:52 UTC
The Apostle wrote:
Quote:

Correct.

Except Goons HAVE assumed responsibility by saying "Thou shalt only report to thy leadership". Since when did Goons (or anyone) start accepting responsibility for actions against EULA violations?

They are VERY quick to say it's CCP's problem ("we're not cops for CCP") but disallow CCP intervention as a policy.

I don't know how many cards out of the 52 Goons have left to pull.. LmAo

This post is TRUE!
Mara Tessidar
Perkone
Caldari State
#88 - 2011-09-29 05:37:49 UTC
All we've established in this thread is that Mittens is an evil 15-year-old former lawyer running a vast botting empire to fuel his RMT activities which he in turn lives off of in a lavish lifestyle somewhere in the Midwest South America.
Simetraz
State War Academy
Caldari State
#89 - 2011-09-29 05:42:04 UTC
The Apostle wrote:
Quote:

Correct.

Wrong
A person or persons in the Goon leadership have stated, not the alliance.
And once again it comes down to I am telling you go jump off that bridge.
My response is, that is nice you first.

Now if player (A) reported player (B) for botting to director (C)
Can any of the above be banned.
NO

IT is all talk, and nothing more.
CCP makes the determination if a person is a Botter not the players.

TheBadMan
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#90 - 2011-09-29 05:44:37 UTC
Im soon to be kicked for shootin blues so ill share some sekrets:
Only dumb goons bot in goonswarm fed. We teamed up with DRF ages ago and run big bot teams in the dronelands. You dont get invited to the drone botting crew until you are somewhat trusted so the problems here are more to do with the newbloods.
Top tier goons do not bot because our ccp insiders have hooked up some great 'perks'. If you submit invention jobs in dek with a certain item as a part of the job you get a guaranteed bpc return x10. There is also a key combination you can press when in the refine screen which gives 600% returns. Only the illuminati get access to these though for obvious reasons. Mittens retired so early because his sweet RMT empire which has been funded by these perks. I heard he is on his way to owning a nice property in the Sechelles.

Really botting is nothing compared to whats really going on!!
Simetraz
State War Academy
Caldari State
#91 - 2011-09-29 05:50:28 UTC
TheBadMan wrote:
Im soon to be kicked for shootin blues so ill share some sekrets:
Only dumb goons bot in goonswarm fed. We teamed up with DRF ages ago and run big bot teams in the dronelands. You dont get invited to the drone botting crew until you are somewhat trusted so the problems here are more to do with the newbloods.
Top tier goons do not bot because our ccp insiders have hooked up some great 'perks'. If you submit invention jobs in dek with a certain item as a part of the job you get a guaranteed bpc return x10. There is also a key combination you can press when in the refine screen which gives 600% returns. Only the illuminati get access to these though for obvious reasons. Mittens retired so early because his sweet RMT empire which has been funded by these perks. I heard he is on his way to owning a nice property in the Sechelles.

Really botting is nothing compared to whats really going on!!

ANd the best part about this whole thing is Goon's was the loudest screamers about BOB and there evil ways.
And now you could say Goon's screamed cause BOB was in the way of the Goonies own projects.

LolLolLolLolLolLolLol

DOn't forget to report all this to internal affairs.

Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#92 - 2011-09-29 05:50:51 UTC
Apollo-Moor wrote:
Simetraz wrote:

Let's leave no room for error here. For there is an Option 4 and the best one in my opinion. Stay in the Alliance in this case GSF and report the **** out of every botter you see. You are perfectly protected and don't need to say a damn thing to your corrupt ass leadership..

GO HARD!

Which exposes Simetraz's false trichotomy :)

Of course, the assumption is that there is no way for the names of capsuleers using the report bot feature to fall into the hands of the CSM Chairman.
Apollo-Moor
Get Off My Lawn
#93 - 2011-09-29 05:51:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Apollo-Moor
Simetraz wrote:
The Apostle wrote:
Quote:

Correct.

Wrong

NO

I know you can't be this blind or ignorant or just plain stupid. The point being made here is that the botter would not be reported. Saying "Come tell us and we'll handle it.." is bullshit. It will just be swept under the rug and nothing done about it except for a few Goon boardroom lulz..

They also give a sense in so many words that if you report them its like "snitching" to CCP. This is false, you aren't going to tell some Reds about how you're coming to take their space and how you plan on doing it. You are reporting someone who is abusing/cheating in the game. Its outside the spectrum of breaking your loyalty to the Alliance. It's getting heaters.out of a game that does not allow/accept this type of "cheating".. CCP gives you an inch you scabs take a mile and null with it..
Simetraz
State War Academy
Caldari State
#94 - 2011-09-29 06:10:46 UTC
Apollo-Moor wrote:

I know you can't be this blind or ignorant or just plain stupid. The point being made here is that the botter would not be reported. Saying "Come tell us and we'll handle it.." is bullshit. It will just be swept under the rug and nothing done about it except for a few Goon boardroom lulz..

They also give a sense in so many words that if you report them its like "snitching" to CCP. This is false, you aren't going to tell some Reds about how you're coming to take their space and how you plan on doing it. You are reporting someone who is abusing/cheating in the game. Its outside the spectrum of breaking your loyalty to the Alliance. It's getting heaters.out of a game that does not allow/accept this type of "cheating".. CCP gives you an inch you scabs take a mile and null with it..

You need to reread my posts, you are obviously misinterpreting.
Oh and I will except your apology for the above accusations, you crossed the line there.
The Apostle
Doomheim
#95 - 2011-09-29 06:14:38 UTC
Quote:
Wrong

Errrmmm.... Which definition of "leadership" have you used?

Quote:
NO

Correct, but what are the consequences for Player A if Player B is good friend (or even the alt) of Director C?

Quote:

Aha..... You go it.

So should Goons be publically declaring that their players must tell ONLY alliance leadership about bots when they categorically state it's NOT up to the Goons to "police for CCP"?

We must either accept that Goons are a loyal little bunch and a blind bunch of non-thinking sheep or that they are in fact capable of making their own decisions.

Is Goons leadership assuming the former and to hell with what CCP think? (Read: We make our own rules. Comply peons!)

Or are they hoping to put the skids on the latter to get CCP off the botters backs? (Read: We're copping some flak from CCP about the number of bots reported guys, just go quiet for awhile please...)

Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#96 - 2011-09-29 06:51:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Solstice Project
Read 'till the second page.
Enough is enough.

Apostle, seriously, it makes you look stupid to argue about this.

We all - more or less - know what's happening,
but unless enough players get together to kick some asses,
it's like running to daddy crying about being hit with the plastic shovel in the sandbox.

He'd say "Man up and hit him back."

CCP - for whatever reason - doesn't do anything, (maybe because of lack of reports ? :)
so either start reporting, or get some friends/isk together...

Anyway, ...
Argueing with stupid sheep makes you look stupid too, so please stop.

Yours sincerely,
Daddy. ^^

Edit: We've got Kangaroos in Schönbrunn. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schönbrunn_Zoo)
Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#97 - 2011-09-29 06:53:47 UTC
KaarBaak wrote:
I hate botters as much as the next pilot, but reporting a blue player to CCP because they're botting all day and not taking your calls is pretty crappy thing to do in ANY alliance.

Why is it a crappy thing to do?

The report bot function doesn't cause any penalties to be imposed on the account. If CCP reviews the case and decides that the reported player is actually botting, CCP will impose penalties on the account. Those penalties will not get imposed as a direct consequence of one player using the report bot function.

If they're not botting, they won't be banned, regardless of how many times player use the report bot function to report that player.
The Apostle
Doomheim
#98 - 2011-09-29 06:57:42 UTC
Quote:
Anyway, ...
Argueing with stupid sheep makes you look stupid too, so please stop.

Yours sincerely,
Daddy. ^^

Advice noticed Dad...

Quote:
Edit: We've got Kangaroos in Schönbrunn. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schönbrunn_Zoo)

Woot. Can I have one for my birthday?

Jita Alt666
#99 - 2011-09-29 07:01:54 UTC
The Apostle wrote:
Quote:

Correct.

Since CCP made them assume responsibility for members breaking the EULA:

Quote:
In the past CCP has contacted alliance directors and ordered them to bring their alliance into line when individual members of that alliance have gone against the EULA examples I can remember from the goons include:
Posting of common world war 2 german phrases in local. (referring to Germans as being members of a certain political persuasion)
General Spam in local. (lag causing)
Creation of phallic shaped can arrangements in space. (obviously inappropriate)
Naming of Stations with names that are not approved by CCP. (comical and direct enough to make it to fanfest)
In all these cases a CCP GM contacted either a director or alliance CEO and insisted that individual police the alliance and limit the rule breaking.

CCP set the precedent. Now like all good organisations they have found a way to use it.
Hirana Yoshida
Behavioral Affront
#100 - 2011-09-29 07:21:05 UTC
So Goons have internal rules of conduct, who'd have thought!

You can be damn sure the exact same thing applies to all major alliances/blocs. Botting ISK is just too good, too easy and almost completely without repercussions if/when caught.

CCP needs to up the ante and hold space owners accountable for what transpires within their space.

Only then will bots become truly hunted prey.

On top of the personal warnings/bans, alliances should be hit with:
- First offence, a massive fine based on blown-out-of-proportion numbers that RIAA made so popular in the kangaroo court system of the colonies.
- Second offence, warnings to the entire leadership.
- Third offence, banning of leadership and forced dissolution of alliances involved.

There, fixed the botting problem. Next!