These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Fanfest: Crimewatch

First post First post
Author
Grumpy Owly
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#541 - 2012-03-25 09:19:07 UTC
Darius III wrote:
Not sure if this is covered yet, and 27 pages is a long read too long to find out, but:

The can aggro mechanic should be left alone as it is used by many people to get hisec fights 1v1. This is an integral part of Eve and I strongly urge you to leave it unchanged, OR make a nominal fine, say 1 M isk to have only the victim of the theft and his corp get aggression, and give an option to not pay and say "screw the police" and get aggression to everyone. Give the players a choice and dont take our ability to have agreed upon 1v1 fights in hisec.


CCP Greyscale wrote:
Duelling we're planning to support with an explicit mechanic rather than the current hacky workaround.


Page 3.
Captain Sunnymuffins
Jita Customs and Excise
#542 - 2012-03-25 10:55:47 UTC
Darius III wrote:
Not sure if this is covered yet, and 27 pages is a long read too long to find out, but:

The can aggro mechanic should be left alone as it is used by many people to get hisec fights 1v1. This is an integral part of Eve and I strongly urge you to leave it unchanged, OR make a nominal fine, say 1 M isk to have only the victim of the theft and his corp get aggression, and give an option to not pay and say "screw the police" and get aggression to everyone. Give the players a choice and dont take our ability to have agreed upon 1v1 fights in hisec.

I also would urge that you make theft aggress the not only the corp you stole from, but the players gang at that time and also their entire alliance. This moves towards what you are trying to achieve with the suspect flag, but does not impinge on other aspects of the game.

I recently participated in a roundtable discussion with the most experienced War deccers, Griefers, Can flippers, gankers, hooligans, ninja salvagers, awoxers etc. Many Eve luminaries participated:


Alekseyev Karrde of Noir., one of the most stable and longest-running merc corps of all time
Cannibal Kane, can flipper, mercenary, and representative of the independent solo highsec pvper
Lithalnas, director of Privateers, the group that was so OP at one point that CCP had to redesign the wardec system around their tactics
Iam Widdershins of PRONS, known for their skill and prowess in nearly every aspect of Eve
Istyn of Tactical Knightmare (also representing Suddenly Ninjas)
Psychotic Monk (myself), CEO of The Skunkworks, known for their work in killing ignorant incursion runners and long-time wardeccers.
ToxicOz, CEO of Double Tap, who are one of the most effective merc corps in highsec today.
TS5P, director of The Orphanage, which needs no introduction

The discussion is on soundcloud, found here

Some of it was covered just after this meeting at fanfest and some of what was talked about is redundant but getting these guys together was productive and they truly represent the hisec combat playerbase



I'm sorry, Darius, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to agree with the carebear community on this one. I know your primary interest is in the area of ganking, but since the advent of the Tornado, the practice of ganking has become so endemic that it's impinging on the quality of gameplay in high sec. I don't believe in my years of experience in ganking I have ever seen so many gank ships in operation. The mechanics being brought in will make ganking considerably more difficult.

Virtually every gate between Jita and Amarr has its resident Tornados at this point; the same can be said for many of the lesser routes, and indeed out in the wilds of high sec space. It needs to be stamped out.

Griefing by flipping cans I'm not entirely sure about. It's very much a two-sided story: People who mine want peace and quiet, but at the same time they shouldn't be jettisoning their haul out into space where anyone can pick it up. Not really something I want to get into.

Duelling is an area which is easily fixed as was suggested by CCP Greyscale above.

CCP Greyscale
C C P
C C P Alliance
#543 - 2012-03-25 10:57:21 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Greyscale
Alice Katsuko wrote:
Seem like very good changes. I do think that preventing a player from defending himself against other players in any circumstances is a bad idea, but that seems to be off the table. Under no circumstances should one player be able to attack another with impunity that is enforced by game mechanics

This may have already been discussed, and so apologies in advance, but will a Suspect's corp/fleet members be able to return fire on someone who shoots the Suspect? Ninja fleets will probably just carry around remote-assist modules so that they can inherit the Suspect flag; forcing players to jump through hoops to acquire aggro doesn't seem like a good mechanic. And it might be good if prospective pirate-hunters had to worry about a Suspect's friends. At no point should the decision to open fire on a player's ship be trivial.

Second suggestion: make the Suspect flag reset every time someone shoots the Suspect or the Suspect shoots another player. This is to avoid situations where a pirate-hunter fleet lands on a Suspect only to find that half of them cannot engage the Suspect without getting Concorded.

Third suggestion: players flagged as Suspect should be subject to the same logoff mechanics as supercapital pilots. This is to prevent players who engage in criminal activity from simply logging off in space with impunity.

Fourth Suggestion: a ship whose maintenance bay is used by a Suspect should inherit the Suspect flag. This is to make swapping ships in an Orca and such somewhat more risky. However, with Suspect shootable by all of EVE, I don't think hotswapping in an Orca is a big issue.

Either way, look forward to finding out more, even if I don't live in high-sec anymore.


- My gut reaction is "probably not" but I've not really thought about it that hard. Will consider it more as we get the design more nailed down.
- Intent is that the flags are attached to the logoff timer countdown, so yeah, anything that refreshes the logoff aggro timer will refresh the flags too in the current design
- Everyone's subject to those logoff mechanics anyway, and as per the previous point, you'll get an aggro timer when you do anything illegal
- We need to do something about Orcas but not 100% sure what yet

Darius III wrote:
Not sure if this is covered yet, and 27 pages is a long read too long to find out, but:


Dude, you're asking me to listen to a 70-minute recording with no summary but this isn't important enough for you to read the whole thread?
Grumpy Owly
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#544 - 2012-03-25 12:34:56 UTC
Captain Sunnymuffins wrote:
Darius III wrote:
Not sure if this is covered yet, and 27 pages is a long read too long to find out, but:

The can aggro mechanic should be left alone as it is used by many people to get hisec fights 1v1. This is an integral part of Eve and I strongly urge you to leave it unchanged, OR make a nominal fine, say 1 M isk to have only the victim of the theft and his corp get aggression, and give an option to not pay and say "screw the police" and get aggression to everyone. Give the players a choice and dont take our ability to have agreed upon 1v1 fights in hisec.

I also would urge that you make theft aggress the not only the corp you stole from, but the players gang at that time and also their entire alliance. This moves towards what you are trying to achieve with the suspect flag, but does not impinge on other aspects of the game.

I recently participated in a roundtable discussion with the most experienced War deccers, Griefers, Can flippers, gankers, hooligans, ninja salvagers, awoxers etc. Many Eve luminaries participated:


Alekseyev Karrde of Noir., one of the most stable and longest-running merc corps of all time
Cannibal Kane, can flipper, mercenary, and representative of the independent solo highsec pvper
Lithalnas, director of Privateers, the group that was so OP at one point that CCP had to redesign the wardec system around their tactics
Iam Widdershins of PRONS, known for their skill and prowess in nearly every aspect of Eve
Istyn of Tactical Knightmare (also representing Suddenly Ninjas)
Psychotic Monk (myself), CEO of The Skunkworks, known for their work in killing ignorant incursion runners and long-time wardeccers.
ToxicOz, CEO of Double Tap, who are one of the most effective merc corps in highsec today.
TS5P, director of The Orphanage, which needs no introduction

The discussion is on soundcloud, found here

Some of it was covered just after this meeting at fanfest and some of what was talked about is redundant but getting these guys together was productive and they truly represent the hisec combat playerbase



I'm sorry, Darius, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to agree with the carebear community on this one. I know your primary interest is in the area of ganking, but since the advent of the Tornado, the practice of ganking has become so endemic that it's impinging on the quality of gameplay in high sec. I don't believe in my years of experience in ganking I have ever seen so many gank ships in operation. The mechanics being brought in will make ganking considerably more difficult.

Virtually every gate between Jita and Amarr has its resident Tornados at this point; the same can be said for many of the lesser routes, and indeed out in the wilds of high sec space. It needs to be stamped out.

Griefing by flipping cans I'm not entirely sure about. It's very much a two-sided story: People who mine want peace and quiet, but at the same time they shouldn't be jettisoning their haul out into space where anyone can pick it up. Not really something I want to get into.

Duelling is an area which is easily fixed as was suggested by CCP Greyscale above.



I don't want to disagree with your sentiment of supporting player policing mechanics. However, this proposal will not "stamp out" suicide ganking nor do I think that CCP has this opinion that such activities need to be.

The mechanics proposed do very little if anything in terms of changes to the actual activity of suicide ganking other than the issue of making it a bit more difficult or relevant for indivudals who engage in such activities to manage their secuirty status' better due to relevant changes or implications for having a signifciant poor status. And yet introduce more ways at the same time to correct poor status also. If you think these proposals will be the extinition of suicide ganking in high sec as a result then you are simply delluding yourself.
Captain Sunnymuffins
Jita Customs and Excise
#545 - 2012-03-25 14:05:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Captain Sunnymuffins
Grumpy Owly wrote:
Captain Sunnymuffins wrote:
Darius III wrote:
Not sure if this is covered yet, and 27 pages is a long read too long to find out, but:

The can aggro mechanic should be left alone as it is used by many people to get hisec fights 1v1. This is an integral part of Eve and I strongly urge you to leave it unchanged, OR make a nominal fine, say 1 M isk to have only the victim of the theft and his corp get aggression, and give an option to not pay and say "screw the police" and get aggression to everyone. Give the players a choice and dont take our ability to have agreed upon 1v1 fights in hisec.

I also would urge that you make theft aggress the not only the corp you stole from, but the players gang at that time and also their entire alliance. This moves towards what you are trying to achieve with the suspect flag, but does not impinge on other aspects of the game.

I recently participated in a roundtable discussion with the most experienced War deccers, Griefers, Can flippers, gankers, hooligans, ninja salvagers, awoxers etc. Many Eve luminaries participated:


Alekseyev Karrde of Noir., one of the most stable and longest-running merc corps of all time
Cannibal Kane, can flipper, mercenary, and representative of the independent solo highsec pvper
Lithalnas, director of Privateers, the group that was so OP at one point that CCP had to redesign the wardec system around their tactics
Iam Widdershins of PRONS, known for their skill and prowess in nearly every aspect of Eve
Istyn of Tactical Knightmare (also representing Suddenly Ninjas)
Psychotic Monk (myself), CEO of The Skunkworks, known for their work in killing ignorant incursion runners and long-time wardeccers.
ToxicOz, CEO of Double Tap, who are one of the most effective merc corps in highsec today.
TS5P, director of The Orphanage, which needs no introduction

The discussion is on soundcloud, found here

Some of it was covered just after this meeting at fanfest and some of what was talked about is redundant but getting these guys together was productive and they truly represent the hisec combat playerbase



I'm sorry, Darius, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to agree with the carebear community on this one. I know your primary interest is in the area of ganking, but since the advent of the Tornado, the practice of ganking has become so endemic that it's impinging on the quality of gameplay in high sec. I don't believe in my years of experience in ganking I have ever seen so many gank ships in operation. The mechanics being brought in will make ganking considerably more difficult.

Virtually every gate between Jita and Amarr has its resident Tornados at this point; the same can be said for many of the lesser routes, and indeed out in the wilds of high sec space. It needs to be stamped out.

Griefing by flipping cans I'm not entirely sure about. It's very much a two-sided story: People who mine want peace and quiet, but at the same time they shouldn't be jettisoning their haul out into space where anyone can pick it up. Not really something I want to get into.

Duelling is an area which is easily fixed as was suggested by CCP Greyscale above.



I don't want to disagree with your sentiment of supporting player policing mechanics. However, this proposal will not "stamp out" suicide ganking nor do I think that CCP has this opinion that such activities need to be.

The mechanics proposed do very little if anything in terms of changes to the actual activity of suicide ganking other than the issue of making it a bit more difficult or relevant for indivudals who engage in such activities to manage their secuirty status' better due to relevant changes or implications for having a signifciant poor status. And yet introduce more ways at the same time to correct poor status also. If you think these proposals will be the extinition of suicide ganking in high sec as a result then you are simply delluding yourself.


Not to stamp it out entirely, but as one of the side-effects of said will be that people can no longer gank outside of stations (because they'll become targets as soon as they loot), and looting with a hauler will be much riskier than before. A poor timing on the pick-up will mean certain death.

Sure there are ways around it, but it means more effort. Most of these players are unable to adapt beyond pressing F1, then clicking the "Yes" button.

They may also want to consider extending the period that a player is marked as a "suspect" where they have destroyed someone else's ship to perhaps an hour.
Grumpy Owly
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#546 - 2012-03-25 14:09:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Grumpy Owly
Captain Sunnymuffins wrote:
Grumpy Owly wrote:
Captain Sunnymuffins wrote:
Darius III wrote:
Not sure if this is covered yet, and 27 pages is a long read too long to find out, but:

The can aggro mechanic should be left alone as it is used by many people to get hisec fights 1v1. This is an integral part of Eve and I strongly urge you to leave it unchanged, OR make a nominal fine, say 1 M isk to have only the victim of the theft and his corp get aggression, and give an option to not pay and say "screw the police" and get aggression to everyone. Give the players a choice and dont take our ability to have agreed upon 1v1 fights in hisec.

I also would urge that you make theft aggress the not only the corp you stole from, but the players gang at that time and also their entire alliance. This moves towards what you are trying to achieve with the suspect flag, but does not impinge on other aspects of the game.

I recently participated in a roundtable discussion with the most experienced War deccers, Griefers, Can flippers, gankers, hooligans, ninja salvagers, awoxers etc. Many Eve luminaries participated:


Alekseyev Karrde of Noir., one of the most stable and longest-running merc corps of all time
Cannibal Kane, can flipper, mercenary, and representative of the independent solo highsec pvper
Lithalnas, director of Privateers, the group that was so OP at one point that CCP had to redesign the wardec system around their tactics
Iam Widdershins of PRONS, known for their skill and prowess in nearly every aspect of Eve
Istyn of Tactical Knightmare (also representing Suddenly Ninjas)
Psychotic Monk (myself), CEO of The Skunkworks, known for their work in killing ignorant incursion runners and long-time wardeccers.
ToxicOz, CEO of Double Tap, who are one of the most effective merc corps in highsec today.
TS5P, director of The Orphanage, which needs no introduction

The discussion is on soundcloud, found here

Some of it was covered just after this meeting at fanfest and some of what was talked about is redundant but getting these guys together was productive and they truly represent the hisec combat playerbase



I'm sorry, Darius, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to agree with the carebear community on this one. I know your primary interest is in the area of ganking, but since the advent of the Tornado, the practice of ganking has become so endemic that it's impinging on the quality of gameplay in high sec. I don't believe in my years of experience in ganking I have ever seen so many gank ships in operation. The mechanics being brought in will make ganking considerably more difficult.

Virtually every gate between Jita and Amarr has its resident Tornados at this point; the same can be said for many of the lesser routes, and indeed out in the wilds of high sec space. It needs to be stamped out.

Griefing by flipping cans I'm not entirely sure about. It's very much a two-sided story: People who mine want peace and quiet, but at the same time they shouldn't be jettisoning their haul out into space where anyone can pick it up. Not really something I want to get into.

Duelling is an area which is easily fixed as was suggested by CCP Greyscale above.



I don't want to disagree with your sentiment of supporting player policing mechanics. However, this proposal will not "stamp out" suicide ganking nor do I think that CCP has this opinion that such activities need to be.

The mechanics proposed do very little if anything in terms of changes to the actual activity of suicide ganking other than the issue of making it a bit more difficult or relevant for indivudals who engage in such activities to manage their secuirty status' better due to relevant changes or implications for having a signifciant poor status. And yet introduce more ways at the same time to correct poor status also. If you think these proposals will be the extinition of suicide ganking in high sec as a result then you are simply delluding yourself.


Not to stamp it out entirely, but as one of the side-effects of said will be that people can no longer gank outside of stations (because they'll become targets as soon as they loot), and looting with a hauler will be much riskier than before. A poor timing on the pick-up will mean certain death.

Sure there are ways around it, but it means more effort. Most of these players are unable to adapt beyond pressing F1, then clicking the "Yes" button.


Or I guess they will have to associate themselves under the recogonition of official corporations etc?
Corina Jarr
en Welle Shipping Inc.
#547 - 2012-03-25 14:12:13 UTC
Captain Sunnymuffins wrote:
[quote=Grumpy Owly]...

Not to stamp it out entirely, but as one of the side-effects of said will be that people can no longer gank outside of stations (because they'll become targets as soon as they loot), and looting with a hauler will be much riskier than before. A poor timing on the pick-up will mean certain death.

Sure there are ways around it, but it means more effort. Most of these players are unable to adapt beyond pressing F1, then clicking the "Yes" button.

They may also want to consider extending the period that a player is marked as a "suspect" where they have destroyed someone else's ship to perhaps an hour.

Many of the people who loot off of stations are not related to the person who did the attack. They are just vultures. Same with popular gank gates (like the Niajara gates)

And yes, we will adapt to still get yummy drops.
Scrapyard Bob
EVE University
Ivy League
#548 - 2012-03-25 14:24:33 UTC
Alice Katsuko wrote:

Fourth Suggestion: a ship whose maintenance bay is used by a Suspect should inherit the Suspect flag. This is to make swapping ships in an Orca and such somewhat more risky. However, with Suspect shootable by all of EVE, I don't think hotswapping in an Orca is a big issue.


This is too prone to abuse. Yes, the orca pilot has to go into Configure Ship and turn on the little checkbox to allow it, but it also would make it very easy to do a spai-thing where you aggress someone while fleeted with an orca pilot, use the orca and contaminate it with the suspect flag. Your buddies warp in, blow up orca, and don't have to deal with CONCORD.

And the Orca pilot didn't actively perform an activity that caused them to lose the ship other then checking that one little checkbox.

If you have CONCORD chasing you, you should not be able to:

- Exit your ship or board another one (this has already been fixed by CCP)
- Dock, except in a pod after CONCORD or someone else blows up your ship.
- Refit your ship. (Currently abused by offloading your expensive modules into an Orca alt.)
- Move cargo out of your hold (either via drag-drop or jetcans).

(Plus there's the current issue where CONCORD reportedly gives up chasing after 15 minutes.)
Nalha Saldana
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#549 - 2012-03-25 16:12:29 UTC
CCP Greyscale wrote:

1. You can't defend yourself. Silly but robust.
2. Anyone who attacks a suspect becomes a suspec. Robust, but effectively nullifies the penalties of the suspect flag because the risk of engaging a suspect becomes huge without fully comprehensive scouting (which with cloaking and high local-counts is pretty much impossible in hisec).
3. We reintroduce one-to-one flagging in its current form, which is nice in this limited scenario but causes endless breakages and exploits in aggregate, as we've discovered over the past decade or so.


The better solution is definitively 2, to make this balanced to punish the criminal more then the defender just give different timers for different crimes.
Something like this:
Shooting someone with positive sec status in lowsec - 30min suspect flag
Stealing from can/wreck - 15min suspect flag
Shooting a suspect in highsec - 1min suspect flag
Repping a suspect - Inherit the suspects current timer

This allows a system were trying to kill the thief is possible but he gets to protect himself. You dont get a long ass timer that limits you for doing this but there should always be a risk involved.
Laechyd Eldgorn
Avanto
Hole Control
#550 - 2012-03-25 17:30:12 UTC
Quote:
We need to do something about Orcas but not 100% sure what yet


simply remove ship maintenance bay and corporation hangars. compensate loss with normal cargospace.
Harotak
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#551 - 2012-03-25 18:02:21 UTC
Laechyd Eldgorn wrote:
Quote:
We need to do something about Orcas but not 100% sure what yet


simply remove ship maintenance bay and corporation hangars. compensate loss with normal cargospace.


Just make it impossible to interact with a ship maintenance bay if you have a weapons timer active.
Adunh Slavy
#552 - 2012-03-25 18:31:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Adunh Slavy
CCP Greyscale wrote:
- We need to do something about Orcas but not 100% sure what yet


Suspect flag, but no aggro timer.

They did assist, but they did not commit an aggressive act or activate any modules. Seems simplest to code and most consistent with the framework.

edit ... changed my view on this somewhat, https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=999722#post999722

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.  - William Pitt

Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#553 - 2012-03-25 20:06:26 UTC
Laechyd Eldgorn wrote:
Quote:
We need to do something about Orcas but not 100% sure what yet


simply remove ship maintenance bay and corporation hangars. compensate loss with normal cargospace.



That messes with the point of orcas, as mining support ships.

Direct ore transfer (rather than cans) and transport of mining vessels.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Kethry Avenger
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#554 - 2012-03-26 02:01:38 UTC
Having been both a pirate, and now having repented and joined Faction Warfare and living in low-sec I have a question. How are these changes with crimewatch going to effect lowsec?

Gate guns and Station guns?

And what about this proposal?

I like the idea of people who have negative standings being able to shoot each other at will in lowsec without gate gun intervention or standings hit..

I think pod kills should give a standings hit everywhere but 0.0

Just some thoughts/questions. Thanks for answering them Greyscale.
Destiny Corrupted
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
R I O T
#555 - 2012-03-26 02:15:14 UTC
Captain Sunnymuffins wrote:
Grumpy Owly wrote:
Suicide-ganking etc

Not to stamp it out entirely, but as one of the side-effects of said will be that people can no longer gank outside of stations (because they'll become targets as soon as they loot), and looting with a hauler will be much riskier than before. A poor timing on the pick-up will mean certain death.

Sure there are ways around it, but it means more effort. Most of these players are unable to adapt beyond pressing F1, then clicking the "Yes" button.

So you're saying that the people who have been setting trends since the game came out, and whose success is the result of making the most optimal use of game mechanics, as opposed to the bears whose only response to unwanted external stimuli is to whine to the developers, won't be able to adapt? I like that. You're pretty funny.

I wrote some true EVE stories! And no, they're not of the generic "my 0.0 alliance had lots of 0.0 fleets and took a lot of 0.0 space" sort. Check them out here:

https://truestories.eveonline.com/users/2074-destiny-corrupted

Bloodpetal
Tir Capital Management Group
#556 - 2012-03-26 04:55:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Bloodpetal
Can I ask one thing that really rubs me wrong.

If you log off while cloaked, mid-warp, without aggression - and you are shot, you still disappear in one minute. Can we please stop this and cause an aggression timer to stop logging off from working at all?



This seems totally unhinged. We lost a huge ambush we were preparing for days. It was going to be totally epic.

6 freighters and 2 orcas moving through low sec. We meta-gamed, got the intel, I paid ISK to get the information, we did all this. We planned for the log off timers, set up a cloaky smartbomb battleship on the exit point of the gate to hit them.

They saw the ambush coming within 30 seconds of arriving on the gate. They log off MID WARP, smartbomb battleship hits them.

They disappear in 30 seconds.

We all go. What. The. F#@!$K.

Like seriously? That's gotta change.

You get shot, your get an aggression timer, logoffski no worky no matter when you disconnected.

Sorry, it's EVE, worse **** happens - anything that revolves around a logoffski should not work.


Thanks for your attention to this matter.

Where I am.

Vila eNorvic
#557 - 2012-03-26 05:37:55 UTC
Zircon Dasher wrote:
Adunh Slavy wrote:
Zircon Dasher wrote:
So can flip = flagged to everyone?

How the hell am I supposed to web my freighter alt into warp without being shot at by every Tom,****,and Harry?



Same as today, your alt is in the same corp, right?


eww. Why would I do that?


Why wouldn't you?
Vila eNorvic
#558 - 2012-03-26 05:44:30 UTC
Diva Ex Machina wrote:
Vila eNorvic wrote:

None of which makes CCP's proposal unreasonable.


'It happens here on earth, why shouldn't it be like that far in the future?' is a not a reasonable justification for the proposal either.


Of course it is.

If it isn't unreasonable it must, by default, be reasonable.
Stormtemplar Andven
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#559 - 2012-03-26 06:08:39 UTC
I'm concerned about this. I don't want my salvage alt to be in my corp because we get wardecced by griefers, and while I love a fight (I live in low and fly around EC- tons), I do want to be able to make income, and that involves "Stealing" from my corpmates. Webbing frieghters was mentioned earlier as well. Hell, looting from my own missions or taking ore from my own can on a neutral alt (I don't mine, but hypothetically) would get me in trouble. That's STUPID. To combat this, I think we need a "No aggro" checkbox for characters that marks them as a friend and allows you to "steal" stuff and such (this should probably be required to be mutual) Also, to avoid stupid crap, make it last like an hour so you can't like...uncheck part way through a fight and get them suspected.
Grumpy Owly
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#560 - 2012-03-26 06:18:11 UTC
Stormtemplar Andven wrote:
I'm concerned about this. I don't want my salvage alt to be in my corp because we get wardecced by griefers, and while I love a fight (I live in low and fly around EC- tons), I do want to be able to make income, and that involves "Stealing" from my corpmates. Webbing frieghters was mentioned earlier as well. Hell, looting from my own missions or taking ore from my own can on a neutral alt (I don't mine, but hypothetically) would get me in trouble. That's STUPID. To combat this, I think we need a "No aggro" checkbox for characters that marks them as a friend and allows you to "steal" stuff and such (this should probably be required to be mutual) Also, to avoid stupid crap, make it last like an hour so you can't like...uncheck part way through a fight and get them suspected.


Or alternatively as a workaround if you want to run neutral salvage operations you could ask the people to abandon the wrecks for you?