These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

[MERC] Break-A-Wish Foundation

First post
Author
Angelique Duchemin
Team Evil
#521 - 2014-04-26 06:51:00 UTC
Vimsy Vortis wrote:
I wish someone would pay us to kill marmite. We seem to keep ending up in situations where we're doing it for free and I feel like someone out there would pay good money for that service.


Marmites kill stupid people for doing stupid things.

No one wants them to stop doing it.

The very sun of heaven seemed distorted when viewed through the polarising miasma welling out from this sea-soaked perversion, and twisted menace and suspense lurked leeringly in those crazily elusive angles of carven rock where a second glance shewed concavity after the first shewed convexity.

Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#522 - 2014-04-27 01:25:55 UTC
I'm sure some of those stupid people have money.
General Lemming
The Marmite Mercenaries
BLACKFLAG.
#523 - 2014-04-27 14:26:47 UTC
Vimsy Vortis wrote:
I'm sure some of those stupid people have money.
I suggest Goons pay you, as you do a way better job then Noir, who they hired for Burn Jita.
Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#524 - 2014-04-27 16:06:38 UTC
You'd have to be pretty out of touch to come up with Noir. as your preferred choice of mercs for a highsec event. I personally wouldn't want to pay people to sit around jita whoring on catalyst KMs.
Alekseyev Karrde
Noir.
The Network.
#525 - 2014-04-28 13:14:17 UTC
Vimsy Vortis wrote:
You'd have to be pretty out of touch to come up with Noir. as your preferred choice of mercs for a highsec event. I personally wouldn't want to pay people to sit around jita whoring on catalyst KMs.

Probably had something to do with us getting hired to bail out highsec mercs vs Goons/RVB just last month.

Pure speculation though, we're still pretty awful.

Alek the Kidnapper, Hero of the CSM

Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#526 - 2014-04-29 01:00:39 UTC
We recently declared our thousandth war. Currently we're contemplating what to give the lucky winners. I personally suggested keeping that particular war going indefinitely.
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#527 - 2014-04-29 21:37:04 UTC
Vimsy Vortis wrote:
We recently declared our thousandth war.
Then congratulations are in order!

On another note: I have removed a rule breaking post. Please regard my post as your daily bump.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Zeus Maximo
Mentally Assured Destruction
The Pursuit of Happiness
#528 - 2014-04-30 19:08:23 UTC
Fact: Break A Wish will break your ****ing WISH

"It is not possible either to trick or escape the mind of Zeus."

U-MAD Membership Recruitment

PoH Corporation Recruitment

Dramaticus
State War Academy
Caldari State
#529 - 2014-05-02 16:13:36 UTC
hey just an fyi yalls name owns

The 'do-nothing' member of the GoonSwarm Economic Warfare Cabal

The edge is REALLY hard to see at times but it DOES exist and in this case we were looking at a situation where a new feature created for all of our customers was being virtually curbstomped by five of them

Yu Sukk
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#530 - 2014-05-06 13:44:08 UTC
Vimsy Vortis wrote:
I wish someone would pay us to kill marmite. We seem to keep ending up in situations where we're doing it for free and I feel like someone out there would pay good money for that service.


Chat their Dictator Tora, ask for a mutual war, then laugh when he mutters some diplomatic BS like "we all have the same goals, and must be blue to each other.." under the guise of him actually crapping his pants IRL at the thought of having something decced that can actually fight back like a superior Merc alliance.


Solecist Project's Alt
Doomheim
#531 - 2014-05-07 11:30:31 UTC
Good people.
Absolutely recommended.

And she's kind of hot!
Sharker2k3
Collapsed Out
Pandemic Legion
#532 - 2014-05-14 13:06:20 UTC
Estella Osoka
Perkone
Caldari State
#533 - 2014-05-14 14:26:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Estella Osoka


Oh snap.

Lies, or is there any truth to it?

EDIT: Look at activity in Pakkonen in the past 24 hours. The guy who lost the caps seems to be on a DIAF spree.
Pakkonen Kills
Roriii
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#534 - 2014-05-14 16:50:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Roriii
OmegaWolf1
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#535 - 2014-05-14 21:15:10 UTC
Roriii wrote:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/25ipo1/high_sec_griefers_fluff_up_their_killboard_after/ - LOL

See: http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=23439082

Trust me.... we all saw .....Roll
Adriel Malakai
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#536 - 2014-05-14 21:20:04 UTC
OmegaWolf1 wrote:
Roriii wrote:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/25ipo1/high_sec_griefers_fluff_up_their_killboard_after/ - LOL

See: http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=23439082

Trust me.... we all saw .....Roll


We freely admit we didn't take the required precautions when we lost the Moros. Nice work on the gank, though you did miss the other three dreads.

Despite what your alliance is purporting, we have no relation with the two idiots from Pakkonen.

Here is a detailed explanation of what happened.

Feel free to say and think what you like, but it should be rather obvious to anyone with a modicum of observational skills that the two Russians from Pakkonen lost quite a number of additional ships last night, without any of us on them (including a moros). If we were interested in padding our killboard, why would we throw away billions of ISK to the locals and not be on them?
OmegaWolf1
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#537 - 2014-05-14 22:02:52 UTC
Adriel Malakai wrote:
OmegaWolf1 wrote:
Roriii wrote:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/25ipo1/high_sec_griefers_fluff_up_their_killboard_after/ - LOL

See: http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=23439082

Trust me.... we all saw .....Roll


We freely admit we didn't take the required precautions when we lost the Moros. Nice work on the gank, though you did miss the other three dreads.

Despite what your alliance is purporting, we have no relation with the two idiots from Pakkonen.

Here is a detailed explanation of what happened.

Feel free to say and think what you like, but it should be rather obvious to anyone with a modicum of observational skills that the two Russians from Pakkonen lost quite a number of additional ships last night, without any of us on them (including a moros). If we were interested in padding our killboard, why would we throw away billions of ISK to the locals and not be on them?

I am not here to prove you padded your board. I'm here to give you a free bump. BAW did in fact kill the tower they came for.
Regular Stroking
Doomheim
#538 - 2014-05-14 22:13:59 UTC
Adriel Malakai wrote:


...though you did miss the other three dreads.



Damage control successfully applied.
Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#539 - 2014-05-14 22:34:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Vimsy Vortis
If we were trying to pad our killboard in an expensive way, it would be trivial to do it in a really safe, convincing way by building some super expensive mission boats, putting them in random highsec corps and then blowing them up with suspect flagged characters. Nobody would bat an eyelid at that and we wouldn't have to put any assets in to lowsec to do it.

That particular incident was so bizarre it defies explanation, I have no idea why the hell that guy kept warping every capital he had straight at us even though we had already blown up several. If a russian speaking person wants to contact him and figure it out then you're welcome to. There are only two explanations I can really think of, either the characters were bought by someone not very smart with near zero experience and was just doing stupid ****, or he was intentionally getting every ship he had blown up for some unknown reason (which is supported by the fact he later lost a crapton of subcapital ships to Norther Associates in the same system).

Personally I'm upset that people think we'd be so indiscreet about KB padding. Frankly, if we were actually doing it, you wouldn't know about it.
Fred B
The Pinecone Squad
#540 - 2014-05-14 23:14:13 UTC
Vimsy Vortis wrote:
If we were trying to pad our killboard in an expensive way, it would be trivial to do it in a really safe, convincing way by building some super expensive mission boats, putting them in random highsec corps and then blowing them up with suspect flagged characters. Nobody would bat an eyelid at that and we wouldn't have to put any assets in to lowsec to do it.


I'd recommend you consider sticking to doing trivial things in a really safe way. It would probably be much cheaper for your alliance in the long run.