These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Interdiction Nullfied Interceptors are not acceptable!!!

First post
Author
Gogela
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#181 - 2013-09-29 12:18:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Gogela
Solstice Project's Alt wrote:
Gogela wrote:
TharOkha wrote:
Gogela wrote:
Blockade runners can't be caught in lowsec.

P


Check out the Rancer and Negative Ten KB and you will find that BRs are not so "uncatchable".

You shut your ***** mouth. They are impossible to catch if a pod has the very basic fundamental skills of flying a blockade runner. If you loose one you are an idiot.
You are totally embarrassing yourself right now ...
... and i doubt your words.

Maybe you just lack the skills. I sense some serious madness in you. "You shut your ***** mouth" ...

Also: lose

Embarrassment doesn't enter it. Madness I'll accept. Pirates aren't PvPers in the context you think... pirates are cowards who see their opening, understand the risk factors, and engage in a calculated risk. GTG you can't possibly loose a BR in lowsec... likewise a cloaky nullified T3 anywhere. That's a fact. Set up a camp. Seriously. You say when and where and I'll blow through it. I'll even unstack some plex in my cargo hold to prove the point. Call your dev friends. Call CCP. Call Pandemic Legion (about the only group who's even bothered to try an kill me... and the only group that I think would have a chance) I don't give a s***. I'll blow your camp on your terms w/ my ships. You won't catch me. You will do nothing but sit there. It's not about skills. You want to see embarrassment? Build a camp. Sensor boost the hell out of it. You'd have nothing on me. The game is set up as it is, and right now some smack just can't be caught. ...but seriously. I'd love to see you try to contradict me. Let's set a time. Get some of your guys to stream it. It'll be the lamest stream ever put forth on the internet. If you have a BR in lowsec or a T3 cloaky nullified ship anywhere, you are a ghost an nobody can do a damn thing about it.

Madness? You bet. Stupidity? I'll have none of it.

Nut up or shut up.

btw... you got a perrrrrrty mouth.... Big smile

i will beat you...

Signatures should be used responsibly...

LittleTerror
Illuminated Foundation Trust
#182 - 2013-09-29 12:35:00 UTC
Axe Coldon wrote:
Gizznitt Malikite wrote:
stuff


I agree and it has nothing to do with gate camps. It gives way too much power to a cheap ship that doesn't take much skills. I am all for helping the new guys but this is over the top.


No its not, an interceptor is a piece of **** to combat, use warrior II's, a destroyer or a cheaper tech 1 frig, learn to play FFS..
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#183 - 2013-09-29 13:44:22 UTC
Kitty Bear wrote:
TharOkha wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

Your entire argument revolves around bad players being terrible at flying T3s therefore its fine.


Did you read my post or are you just ignoring the fact that i already wrote how to catch skilled t3 pilots?


like a number of nulsec posters, he only ever uses tiers 2-4 of the argument pyramid
ie ad hominem through to contradiction

for some allegedly intelligent people they appear to have remarkably poor debating skills, though it is possible some of them do it deliberately to avoid the forum rules regarding direct trolling & personal attacks (tier 1 of the argument pyramid) ... but either way you are being trolled

your best and easiest course of action
click their name just below the avatar
click hide posts

and say hello to a happier, more troll free forum.


Well I could go into how using his tactics is walking a very fine line as CCP do ban people for it. Hence why we do not use that tactic anymore and havent for years.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#184 - 2013-09-29 14:02:40 UTC
What are "carebears" doing in Interceptors anyway?

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

advii
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#185 - 2013-09-29 14:05:31 UTC
ITT: OP crying because he cant farm noobs with drag bubbles anymore LolLolLolLolLolLolLol
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#186 - 2013-09-29 14:17:10 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
What are "carebears" doing in Interceptors anyway?


Low volume high value cargo.
Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#187 - 2013-09-29 14:25:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Bagrat Skalski
I think that the nullified interceptors are perffectly ok. Not that they are any danger to a party. They have like 2 k hp. Lol
Onyx Nyx
The Khaleph
#188 - 2013-09-29 14:25:36 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
What are "carebears" doing in Interceptors anyway?


Low volume high value cargo.


PLEX, titan skillbooks, a collection of pricy t2 bpos?

I kill kittens, and puppies and bunnies. I maim toddlers and teens and then more.

  • Richard (http://www.lfgcomic.com/)
Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#189 - 2013-09-29 14:28:21 UTC
Onyx Nyx wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
What are "carebears" doing in Interceptors anyway?


Low volume high value cargo.


PLEX, titan skillbooks, a collection of pricy t2 bpos?


Disco domi?
Solstice Project's Alt
Doomheim
#190 - 2013-09-29 14:42:00 UTC
Bagrat Skalski wrote:
Onyx Nyx wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
What are "carebears" doing in Interceptors anyway?


Low volume high value cargo.


PLEX, titan skillbooks, a collection of pricy t2 bpos?


Disco hyperion?
Fixed that for you.
Makes much more sense, because of hidden hull-range bonus and the additional highslot.

Buy Solstice Project for PLEX4GOOD ! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=301266 (this alt-character will get deleted once the sale is done, on 6th of december)

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#191 - 2013-09-29 14:58:49 UTC
So what are these "Jump Freighter" things I hear about?

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Othran
Route One
#192 - 2013-09-29 15:19:13 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
So what are these "Jump Freighter" things I hear about?


400 times more expensive is what they are Roll
Zakarumit CZ
Zakarum Industries
Forgers United
#193 - 2013-09-29 16:11:31 UTC
Actually adding bubble immunity to interceptors seems like a step in a good direction to me. I think most players dont go to 0.0, because they know, they will die in the first bubble, if they wont have a blob with them. This finally makes small gang or solo 0.0 pvp available.
I actually think there should be a way how to breach bubble for almost every ship. Some kind of module that generates a propability to avoid bubble based upon energy used, size of ship, sensor strength or something like that. That would make 0.0 a land of the living instead of blue wasteland.
Sergeant Acht Scultz
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#194 - 2013-09-29 16:36:46 UTC
Mr Kidd wrote:
IDK, maybe you should use....um....interceptors to intercept the interceptors?




As simple as this might look like, it's a true serious question.


So, right now we have someone finding problems about something not even existing yet, not sure it will even be implemented yet but already speculating on whatever the heck it might happen and strongly disagreeing with everyone not sharing his opinion.

Wow...flash new should I say.

I speculate Op is hypochondriac. Am I right or am I not? -I say I am but I'm sure he'll say I'm not, so in the end how's right who's wrong?

On topic, if op stops gate camping with links/implants and shït alike, starts making some serious fleets (which Eve is not all about), he might understand at some point this is not a problem but for players unable to work in groups and this is what eve is all about: groups of players doing stuff together
So the lonely cowboy crying his mother and sister about stuff not even happening yet should take a break and a step back before getting in to conclusions this fast.
Clearly op has no idea about the majority of aspects outside his own gameplay, this is the only obvious part. How do you even want to have a serious discussion after this?

removed inappropriate ASCII art signature - CCP Eterne

Gizznitt Malikite
Agony Unleashed
Agony Empire
#195 - 2013-09-29 17:07:03 UTC
Zakarumit CZ wrote:
Actually adding bubble immunity to interceptors seems like a step in a good direction to me. I think most players dont go to 0.0, because they know, they will die in the first bubble, if they wont have a blob with them. This finally makes small gang or solo 0.0 pvp available.
I actually think there should be a way how to breach bubble for almost every ship. Some kind of module that generates a propability to avoid bubble based upon energy used, size of ship, sensor strength or something like that. That would make 0.0 a land of the living instead of blue wasteland.


There are many reasons players avoid nullsec, and I agree that fear of being destroyed is one of them. However, that is not a good reason to enable safe travel.

Have you paid attention to nullsec activity since Odyssey? There has been a major increase in players partaking in exploration. This is a form of game play that can be done from a covops or t3 (the two safest nullsec traveling ship classes), both of which were purposely revamped to BE exploration vessels.

In contrast, an interceptor is a combat vessel. Shouldn't it be chasing ships into bubbles, not avoiding them! These are fast, agile ships that don't need to be nullified, and if you want "safer traveling", use a covops!
Qolde
Valtam Of Nioavellir
The Wraithguard.
#196 - 2013-09-29 17:16:16 UTC
ceptors have needed a buff for a long time. smart bomb BS will come back. bubbles have needed a nerf. blockade runners are catchable in lowsec but the effort required is very high without multiboxing a ton of rokhs. ceptors are the absolute weakest ship in the game. they should have the decision on whether to engage or not.

If someone craps in your sandbox: 1. Light it on fire 2. Grab your shovel 3. Throw it back at them.

Zakarumit CZ
Zakarum Industries
Forgers United
#197 - 2013-09-29 17:23:18 UTC
Gizznitt Malikite wrote:
Zakarumit CZ wrote:
Actually adding bubble immunity to interceptors seems like a step in a good direction to me. I think most players dont go to 0.0, because they know, they will die in the first bubble, if they wont have a blob with them. This finally makes small gang or solo 0.0 pvp available.
I actually think there should be a way how to breach bubble for almost every ship. Some kind of module that generates a propability to avoid bubble based upon energy used, size of ship, sensor strength or something like that. That would make 0.0 a land of the living instead of blue wasteland.


There are many reasons players avoid nullsec, and I agree that fear of being destroyed is one of them. However, that is not a good reason to enable safe travel.

Have you paid attention to nullsec activity since Odyssey? There has been a major increase in players partaking in exploration. This is a form of game play that can be done from a covops or t3 (the two safest nullsec traveling ship classes), both of which were purposely revamped to BE exploration vessels.

In contrast, an interceptor is a combat vessel. Shouldn't it be chasing ships into bubbles, not avoiding them! These are fast, agile ships that don't need to be nullified, and if you want "safer traveling", use a covops!


I agree with that. But I think bubbless are just too overpowered right now. They would be ok, if there was a way how to travel with subcaps without gates and thus avoid gatecamps. At a cost, of course. I can imagine a feature that allows inter-system travels in reasonable time to be implemented. It would cost much more time than a gate jumps, minutes at least, and possible drain the ships capacitor dry. But I think this would be the point when players can really believe they have a chance to reach their destination in 0.0, if they spend enough time and fit the ship well.
Now even with cov ops/t3 the risk in bubbles is pretty big. Swarms of drones, both assigned and jetcanned, some other garbage around and still sometimes 10+ ships with MWDs flying around just to decloak you.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#198 - 2013-09-29 17:44:18 UTC
Othran wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
So what are these "Jump Freighter" things I hear about?


400 times more expensive is what they are Roll


Well I thought the extra cargo space they have might be relevent, since there are apparently such amazing numbers of "carebears" flitting about 0.0 in Interceptors with Titan skillbooks in their holds these days that it's worth keeping an entire T2 shipclass irrelevant rather than tilt the balance away from the noble players who bravely attempt to stem this torrent, nay, flood.

I mean, not like a dreamed up edge-case or anything.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#199 - 2013-09-29 17:46:28 UTC
Gizznitt Malikite wrote:
Zakarumit CZ wrote:
Actually adding bubble immunity to interceptors seems like a step in a good direction to me. I think most players dont go to 0.0, because they know, they will die in the first bubble, if they wont have a blob with them. This finally makes small gang or solo 0.0 pvp available.
I actually think there should be a way how to breach bubble for almost every ship. Some kind of module that generates a propability to avoid bubble based upon energy used, size of ship, sensor strength or something like that. That would make 0.0 a land of the living instead of blue wasteland.


There are many reasons players avoid nullsec, and I agree that fear of being destroyed is one of them. However, that is not a good reason to enable safe travel.

Have you paid attention to nullsec activity since Odyssey? There has been a major increase in players partaking in exploration. This is a form of game play that can be done from a covops or t3 (the two safest nullsec traveling ship classes), both of which were purposely revamped to BE exploration vessels.

In contrast, an interceptor is a combat vessel. Shouldn't it be chasing ships into bubbles, not avoiding them! These are fast, agile ships that don't need to be nullified, and if you want "safer traveling", use a covops!


Never fear; Interceptors retain their bonus to the range of the warp disruptors they have fitted.

Honestly, this idea that giving inties bubble nullification is a "carebear" bonus is so hilariously wrong headed that I assume that the OP is a troll that has gotten so many bites that people are accidentally taking it seriously.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Princess Bride
Corripe Cervisiam Trade Consortium
#200 - 2013-09-29 17:57:55 UTC
I, for one, welcome our new interceptor-noob overlords.

CCP wants to encourage people to get out and try 0.0. But the reply has always been, "But those bubbles." T3 you say? Expensive. But interceptors aren't too pricey. For noobs practicing with frigates in pvp, they're a natural progression and path to 0.0 play. A bit more expensive, but not T3 expensive, and now...interdiction nullified! \o/

When I read this, I sent an evemail out to my corp. about it because I am very excited for what this means to my little nooblings in terms of 0.0 possibilities. SoE ships put us in low-sec for exploration if the price is right, and buffed inties put us into 0.0 for ??? after that. I'm really really really happy with the new toys. Big smile

http://eveprincessbride.wordpress.com/