These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

An insult to the spirit of Eve Online

First post
Author
Scalar Angulargf
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#101 - 2011-11-10 02:50:49 UTC
Wilhelm Riley wrote:
thetwilitehour wrote:


Other stupid rules exist, therefore this stupid rule is ok. That's the best argument you could come up with in support of this idiocy?


If you could murder someone without ever getting caught, does that make it okay?


Overblown analogies ITT
Harold Tuphlos
The Dark Space Initiative
Scary Wormhole People
#102 - 2011-11-10 03:07:04 UTC
Wilhelm Riley wrote:
thetwilitehour wrote:


Other stupid rules exist, therefore this stupid rule is ok. That's the best argument you could come up with in support of this idiocy?


If you could murder someone without ever getting caught, does that make it okay?

What's wrong with murder? I like getting pod kills.
spookydonut
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#103 - 2011-11-10 03:21:01 UTC
So many rules, and yet turbonigger is fine?
Corina Jarr
en Welle Shipping Inc.
#104 - 2011-11-10 03:22:41 UTC
Midge Mo'yb wrote:
Corina Jarr wrote:
thetwilitehour wrote:
Corina Jarr wrote:
This is CCP's channel, just like the Help channel and the Rookie channel. They can enforce whatever rules they so choose in their channels.

Local will never be effected like this. Local is a public channel. These are private (as they have ownership).


If you want to do recruitment scamming, just don't have the channel open and you are fine.


What if the scamee claims that they were in the recruitment channel with you at some point and that is where the scam began. how many man hours should CCP devote to investigating every single scam that occurs anywhere in Eve to see if it in any way had anything to do with the recruitment channel?

Simple. They would ask when this supposed encounter in the channel took place (as in both players being joined). Check the log. Takes 5 minutes.
If the scammers don't join the channel, they will have all the evidence they need. And the scamee will get a nice "don't abuse the petition system" message.



i am my corps honoUrable human resources manager, i have to be in the recruitment channel to perform my duties.

Then simply make sure you aren't the one that does the scam. Anything past 2 people is impossible to prove either way.
thetwilitehour
Caldari Provisions
#105 - 2011-11-10 04:31:43 UTC  |  Edited by: thetwilitehour
Wilhelm Riley wrote:
thetwilitehour wrote:


Other stupid rules exist, therefore this stupid rule is ok. That's the best argument you could come up with in support of this idiocy?


If you could murder someone without ever getting caught, does that make it okay?


Yes, and you are literally Hitler.

Also I'm pretty sure scamming in the recruitment channel of srs business eve online, a game marketed as one where scamming and griefing are not only tolerated, but actually celebrated, is not the same as murder.

Haha I can say turbonigger but can't invoke godwins law?
Pudgy McFudge
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#106 - 2011-11-10 04:40:50 UTC
I'm gay
Icemandk
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#107 - 2011-11-10 04:55:05 UTC
Free DurrHurrDurr.
The Illuminist
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#108 - 2011-11-10 05:38:26 UTC  |  Edited by: The Illuminist
I guess CCP's new stance on more communication and transparency doesn't apply to this thread. CCP is greatest failcascade.

Also, Free Durr.
Infinimo
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#109 - 2011-11-10 07:49:54 UTC
spookydonut wrote:
So many rules, and yet turbonigger is fine?

what's wrong with turboniggers? racist

Theta Squad best squad. Monocle crew represent~

Red Templar
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#110 - 2011-11-10 07:50:31 UTC
So when can we expect another apology letter? And here i thought CCP learned something during this year...

[b]For Love. For Peace. For Honor.

For None of the Above.

For Pony![/b]

Kharthis Jian
Shadowed Command
Tactical Narcotics Team
#111 - 2011-11-10 08:10:44 UTC
Ok, so have an alt lurk in recruitment channel and the scammer just get fed names of potentials...? Trial accounts can lurk in recruitment channel you say? :munch:
Wilhelm Riley
Doomheim
#112 - 2011-11-10 11:39:13 UTC
Scalar Angulargf wrote:


Overblown analogies ITT


It's not the analogy itself that matters. If something is against the rules but you can get away with it, it still doesn't make it right.

Besides, it's only one channel, find somewhere else to scam.
Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#113 - 2011-11-10 12:12:27 UTC
Wilhelm Riley wrote:
Scalar Angulargf wrote:


Overblown analogies ITT


It's not the analogy itself that matters. If something is against the rules but you can get away with it, it still doesn't make it right.

Besides, it's only one channel, find somewhere else to scam.

That's not the issue, the issue is that its wording is going to be abused.

"this includes, but not limited to, using the recruitment channel as a platform to find or target players to scam"

This means that the recruitment channel can't be used to even find them and pass them on to someone else and have them perform the scam. And this is going to be abused so hard by the scamvictims it'll make your head spin, mark my words.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.

RIP Vile Rat

Wilhelm Riley
Doomheim
#114 - 2011-11-10 12:43:59 UTC
Lord Zim wrote:


And this is going to be abused so hard by the scamvictims it'll make your head spin, mark my words.


Huh, yeah I can agree with that.

It's not like you can't find other places to scam people though, EVE is full of potential victims. And can't we have just one channel that's not full of spammers and scams?
CCP Phantom
C C P
C C P Alliance
#115 - 2011-11-10 12:48:12 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Phantom
Ranting and not contructive.

Thread locked.

If you have a reasonable suspicion that an employee is abusing his/her position in some way in the game, you can contact Internal Affairs directly by sending an e-mail to internalaffairs@ccpgames.com

You are also welcome to discuss this topic in a constructive and polite matter.

CCP Phantom - Senior Community Developer