These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
First pagePrevious page8910
 

I'd like to see tags4faction the way tags4sec works

Author
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#181 - 2013-06-16 20:21:15 UTC
I'd like to see tags4faction the way tags4Sec works Cool
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#182 - 2013-06-16 20:22:10 UTC
I'd like to see tags4faction the way tags4Sec works Cool
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#183 - 2013-06-16 20:22:21 UTC
I'd like to see tags4faction the way tags4Sec works Cool
Smohq Anmirorz
State War Academy
Caldari State
#184 - 2013-06-16 22:41:40 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Then there would be no consequences for pve activities outside of "I might get ganked for my shinies".


yea i know, however it just feels like it hinders me to play the game to its full potential, maybe they should make it possible to pay down the negative standing with ISK, I don't know... mabe also reduce the power of the navy ships so you just have to fight in negative empire space but not get killed immediatley...


Training to fly a Titan takes more than a day, and is therefor hindering me from playing the game to it's full potential. CCP should change this!

Ok, turing off the Sarcasm, EVE is about CHOICES and CONSEQUENCES. Want to go into another faction's space, don't trash yous standings to them in the 1st place, simple as that.

See here "more subs" people, this is what you're want more of, people mentally unsuited to play EVE demanding changes....


god you just repeat the same sentence over and over again like robots, people like you should just leave eve because you are hindering the developement of the game, go buy a gamboy and play some old mario, those games never change


There's a reason people keep repeating the same thing. Because that's the part you aren't listening to. Because you don't want to hear it. You are only open to things that might get you what you want. Your arguments are starting to sound childish and petty because you are not discussing anything. You refuse to discuss. You refuse to concede that there may be valid reasons for the way that it is. You refuse to consider anything except "lvl 1 missions are boring, I shouldn't have to do them".

Grow up, dude. Listen to what people are trying to tell you. Stop trying to act like you and you alone know what's best for the game and it's development; I think pretty much everyone looking at this thread can assure you that you don't.
Maraner
The Executioners
#185 - 2013-06-16 23:16:11 UTC
Seems like a good idea. Low sec tags for sec seems to have a lot of people out ratting in belts, of which I approve as I get to kill them.

Tags for faction would seem a natural progression of this mechanic, they (CCP) would have done the hard work already, just make more tags for each faction. The biggest challenge would be what areas they would drop in. Perhaps in low sec as well, a further buff to getting people out of empire and ratting in low sec.

either way


Supported
Black Dranzer
#186 - 2013-06-16 23:19:17 UTC
See if tags4sec works out without any major issues. If so, bring on tags4faction. As long as somebody does the work, that's all that really matters. But It should probably only be used to repair damaged standings, rather than to try and boost your current standings to high places.
Galaxy Chicken
Galaxy Farm Carebear Repurposing
#187 - 2013-06-17 04:08:09 UTC
+1 tags4facstanding, my unwillingness to grind has resulted in my bad standings with everyone, I'd accepted that I'm simply not allowed to have jumpclones or Highsec POSes.
La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#188 - 2013-06-17 04:13:40 UTC
The obvious solution to this is to remove missions from highsec.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

Oggat
The Adam's Family
#189 - 2013-06-17 10:48:09 UTC
La Nariz wrote:
The obvious solution to this is to remove missions from highsec.


And you guys could sit in low sec stations waiting for the mission runners that never come. That will be fun, I'm sure.
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#190 - 2013-06-17 16:46:02 UTC
Oggat wrote:
La Nariz wrote:
The obvious solution to this is to remove missions from highsec.


And you guys could sit in low sec stations waiting for the mission runners that never come. That will be fun, I'm sure.


This post pretty much sums up the whole thread. Mission runners are unwilling to accept risk or consequences for their decisions.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Xonus Calimar
CaeIum Incognitum
#191 - 2013-06-17 18:22:31 UTC
So people have already mentioned this Data Center mechanic which is a one time "tags4standing". So all that is wanted is a way to repeat this mechanic?

Why does it need to be repeated? What activity are you doing that repeatedly trashes your standings with a faction? (to the extent that they attack you in space)
La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#192 - 2013-06-17 19:06:55 UTC
Oggat wrote:
La Nariz wrote:
The obvious solution to this is to remove missions from highsec.


And you guys could sit in low sec stations waiting for the mission runners that never come. That will be fun, I'm sure.


Boy howdy are you out of touch with reality. People run missions in lowsec.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

Zircon Dasher
#193 - 2013-06-17 20:57:10 UTC
Tippia wrote:
If anything, they encourage interaction because one of the solutions available to the OP's problem is to rely on other people for certain services.


By the same reasoning low sec status encouraged player interaction because a -10 character needed to rely upon a non -10 character for certain services.

Quote:
Tags-for-sec doesn't make sec grinding easier because you still have to grind to make use of it: either you grind rats for tags or you grind ISK for tags. When you start your trip back to Sec -2, you have neither because you've blown up people, which yields neither tags nor ISK.


The disjunct you provide is a false dichotomy and factually false. The negated disjunct is factually false.

Quote:
With tags-for-standing, you don't have to grind to make use of it: either you grind rats for tags (which you probably already picked up as part of the NPC killing that gave you the bad sec standing) or you grind ISK to buy tags (ISK you definitely already earned as part of killing NPCs). The grind that you're supposed to do to get back to neutral standings has already happened as part of the activity that led you to negative standings — it is skipped. The process is made hellalot easier.


I was reeaaallly tempted to quote Billy Madison here. Instead, I will say that your argument is extremely unclear and (seems) to rely upon vague language. Can you clarify your statement?


Nerfing High-sec is never the answer. It is the question. The answer is 'YES'.

Oggat
The Adam's Family
#194 - 2013-06-18 01:35:37 UTC
La Nariz wrote:
Oggat wrote:
La Nariz wrote:
The obvious solution to this is to remove missions from highsec.


And you guys could sit in low sec stations waiting for the mission runners that never come. That will be fun, I'm sure.


Boy howdy are you out of touch with reality. People run missions in lowsec.


And if I had a square ass I'd chit bricks.
Yea, we know, that EVE .0001% variable.
First pagePrevious page8910