These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

[Odyssey] Tech 1 Battleships - Amarr

First post First post First post
Author
Ruze
Next Stage Initiative
#1501 - 2013-04-18 01:19:05 UTC
Pelea Ming wrote:
Little Dragon Khamez wrote:
Bouh Revetoile wrote:
Pelea Ming wrote:
Perhaps some sort of boost to Cap Rechargers? Has the advantage of not affecting PvP (the overwhelming reason CCP provides for everything they've been doing the past year), yet helping Laser and Hybrid turret users as well as armor repper users for PvE in reducing the overwhelming slot cost involved in making these ships capable of the sustained fire required for serious missioning.

Serious missioning in a T1 ship ? Seriously ?


I think we should start ignoring the obvious troll posts like this. FYI most mission runners use tech 1 ships with t2 or faction modules attached, if they can afford it after becoming uber players they tend to go for t2 or t3, but there's more t1 out there than anything else.

Quite honestly, I clicked the option to hide Bouh's posts about 2 weeks ago. Only reason I even notice he's still on the thread is everyone keeps quoting him.


Ignorant me, but we can hide peoples posts now?

So many changes in the last two years. So many really ... good ... changes ...

If you're driven to threaten others with harm or violence because of what they do in game, you can't separate fantasy from reality. That "griefer/thief" is probably more sane than you are. How screwed up is that?

Bouh Revetoile
In Wreck we thrust
#1502 - 2013-04-18 01:19:54 UTC
Ruze wrote:
Ignorant me, but we can hide peoples posts now?

So many changes in the last two years. So many really ... good ... changes ...

Indeed !
Pelea Ming
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#1503 - 2013-04-18 01:25:42 UTC
Ruze wrote:
Pelea Ming wrote:
Little Dragon Khamez wrote:
Bouh Revetoile wrote:
Pelea Ming wrote:
Perhaps some sort of boost to Cap Rechargers? Has the advantage of not affecting PvP (the overwhelming reason CCP provides for everything they've been doing the past year), yet helping Laser and Hybrid turret users as well as armor repper users for PvE in reducing the overwhelming slot cost involved in making these ships capable of the sustained fire required for serious missioning.

Serious missioning in a T1 ship ? Seriously ?


I think we should start ignoring the obvious troll posts like this. FYI most mission runners use tech 1 ships with t2 or faction modules attached, if they can afford it after becoming uber players they tend to go for t2 or t3, but there's more t1 out there than anything else.

Quite honestly, I clicked the option to hide Bouh's posts about 2 weeks ago. Only reason I even notice he's still on the thread is everyone keeps quoting him.


Ignorant me, but we can hide peoples posts now?

So many changes in the last two years. So many really ... good ... changes ...

Lmao, yea, their name (listed under their avatar) is a link for a drop down menu.
Bad Messenger
Rehabilitation Clinic
#1504 - 2013-04-18 01:49:55 UTC
i just stopped to train amarr bs 5
Pelea Ming
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#1505 - 2013-04-18 03:09:13 UTC
stopped what? And kudos for training BS V, it will still help when you go to get into that marauder.
Drew Kaps
Pecuniam Enterprises
#1506 - 2013-04-18 03:12:16 UTC
Bad Messenger wrote:
i just stopped to train amarr bs 5


I just did the same! *high five*
Ruze
Next Stage Initiative
#1507 - 2013-04-18 03:34:09 UTC
Drew Kaps wrote:
Bad Messenger wrote:
i just stopped to train amarr bs 5


I just did the same! *high five*


I trained it a long time ago, to make my geddon more awesome.

If it weren't for my Pali, these changes would almost make me want to untrain it. *sniff*

If you're driven to threaten others with harm or violence because of what they do in game, you can't separate fantasy from reality. That "griefer/thief" is probably more sane than you are. How screwed up is that?

Drew Kaps
Pecuniam Enterprises
#1508 - 2013-04-18 03:57:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Drew Kaps
Ruze wrote:
Drew Kaps wrote:
Bad Messenger wrote:
i just stopped to train amarr bs 5


I just did the same! *high five*


I trained it a long time ago, to make my geddon more awesome.

If it weren't for my Pali, these changes would almost make me want to untrain it. *sniff*


Ugh, I can't wait to ditch the Domi. Gonna be a Caldari, flying an Amarr BS, shooting missiles and using Gallantean drones. *head explodes*
Avald Midular
Doomheim
#1509 - 2013-04-18 04:04:53 UTC
Bad Messenger wrote:
i just stopped to train amarr bs 5


If it gets you out of having to use the horrible Tier 1 lineup all the more power to ya.
Ruze
Next Stage Initiative
#1510 - 2013-04-18 04:20:35 UTC
Drew Kaps wrote:
Ruze wrote:
Drew Kaps wrote:
Bad Messenger wrote:
i just stopped to train amarr bs 5


I just did the same! *high five*


I trained it a long time ago, to make my geddon more awesome.

If it weren't for my Pali, these changes would almost make me want to untrain it. *sniff*


Ugh, I can't wait to ditch the Domi. Gonna be a Caldari, flying an Amarr BS, shooting missiles and using Gallantean drones. *head explodes*


Fit at least one autocannon, neut, and ecm, and then hull tank it.

If you're driven to threaten others with harm or violence because of what they do in game, you can't separate fantasy from reality. That "griefer/thief" is probably more sane than you are. How screwed up is that?

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#1511 - 2013-04-18 04:22:34 UTC
Avald Midular wrote:
Bad Messenger wrote:
i just stopped to train amarr bs 5


If it gets you out of having to use the horrible Tier 1 lineup all the more power to ya.

Even in it's unpolished state I'd happily take the proposed geddon up against the current one... probably the Apoc as well.

But perhaps I'm just goofy that way. Smile

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Ruze
Next Stage Initiative
#1512 - 2013-04-18 04:31:11 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
Avald Midular wrote:
Bad Messenger wrote:
i just stopped to train amarr bs 5


If it gets you out of having to use the horrible Tier 1 lineup all the more power to ya.

Even in it's unpolished state I'd happily take the proposed geddon up against the current one... probably the Apoc as well.

But perhaps I'm just goofy that way. Smile


I'm willing to recognize that my attachment to the geddon is nostalgic. I'd still pay $20 if they would keep the geddon and drop the Abaddon.

I always thought that was an abomination anyhow. Haven't liked it since they introduced the damn thing. Except for it's capabilities. Ability wise, I was always jealous that it got what I felt the Geddon needed.

If you're driven to threaten others with harm or violence because of what they do in game, you can't separate fantasy from reality. That "griefer/thief" is probably more sane than you are. How screwed up is that?

Barrogh Habalu
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#1513 - 2013-04-18 04:34:30 UTC
I think I'm too late to the party, but I wanted to say that Amarr PvE apocalypse (sorry for lame pun, but I couldn't resist) isn't going to happen.

Despite everything, Abaddon was quite useable for missions before (been there, done that, wasn't that bad especially considering my SP at the time) and it will be even easier after the changes to energy turrets. Then there's drone line of ships for newbros to train along and I think that eventually Geddon will be able to handle L4s just fine; more hassle to progress past that ofc, but not leaving newbros who decided to go Amarr hanging in the air either. Not sure about Apoc, but it's not that every single ship have to be great for missions, so yeah.
Ruze
Next Stage Initiative
#1514 - 2013-04-18 04:59:11 UTC
Barrogh Habalu wrote:
I think I'm too late to the party, but I wanted to say that Amarr PvE apocalypse (sorry for lame pun, but I couldn't resist) isn't going to happen.

Despite everything, Abaddon was quite useable for missions before (been there, done that, wasn't that bad especially considering my SP at the time) and it will be even easier after the changes to energy turrets. Then there's drone line of ships for newbros to train along and I think that eventually Geddon will be able to handle L4s just fine; more hassle to progress past that ofc, but not leaving newbros who decided to go Amarr hanging in the air either. Not sure about Apoc, but it's not that every single ship have to be great for missions, so yeah.


I do kinda agree. I think the Apoc is going to fall even more off the grid, to be honest.

The Apoc is going to be the ship everyone looks at and goes, 'That looks just like the Paladin I want.'

If you're driven to threaten others with harm or violence because of what they do in game, you can't separate fantasy from reality. That "griefer/thief" is probably more sane than you are. How screwed up is that?

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1515 - 2013-04-18 05:32:05 UTC
I don't give a **** about PVE Apoc. That's not what this is about. I'm saying the ship needs an actual role, and right now it doesn't have much of one.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

ISD Tyrozan
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#1516 - 2013-04-18 07:19:45 UTC
Non-EVE link removed.

ISD Tyrozan

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

@ISDTyrozan | @ISD_CCL

Naso Aya
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#1517 - 2013-04-18 07:24:32 UTC
ISD Tyrozan wrote:
Non-EVE link removed.


What was the non-eve link? Twitch?
Hulasikaly Wada
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1518 - 2013-04-18 08:42:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Hulasikaly Wada
Just kidding.....but !!!!!!

Cap stable with 2 +3% cap implants with 1 repper OR mwd off

( Yes, cap stable 1 LAR + MWD perma on )

[Apocalypse, new LOL way]
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Armor EM Hardener II
Armor Thermic Hardener II
Large Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste
Large Armor Repairer II

Republic Fleet 100MN Microwarpdrive
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II

800mm Repeating Artillery II, Hail L
800mm Repeating Artillery II, Hail L
800mm Repeating Artillery II, Hail L
800mm Repeating Artillery II, Hail L
800mm Repeating Artillery II, Hail L
800mm Repeating Artillery II, Hail L
800mm Repeating Artillery II, Hail L
800mm Repeating Artillery II, Hail L

Large Capacitor Control Circuit I
Large Capacitor Control Circuit I
Large Capacitor Control Circuit I


Hammerhead II x5
Warrior II x5


810 and more dps with comparable traking as heavy pulse lasers

Still able to pop frigates at 50km with t1 dps ammo

Perma 1000+ m/s .... to speed tank and to close range to apply more dps...

The Apoc have already the best cap, no need more
As already pointed, problems with cap and laser in in base cap use on cap UNbonused hulls
Leaving all laser cap bonus have to come in a combo on a total revision on those ( a middle 30-40% can work, some kind plus - some kind less ) , even with the proposed ( pretty welcomed ) change on cap use , stuff like conflagrations and tachyons still usable only on 3 ADVANCED ships ( those with 4 guns / +100% dmg = 8 guns with 50% cap reduction PLUS utility slots )


Hula
AspiB'elt
Les chevaliers de l'ordre
Goonswarm Federation
#1519 - 2013-04-18 12:51:27 UTC  |  Edited by: AspiB'elt
HI Fozzi

I have tested the new Amarr BS and Guns.

I am very very disappointed.

The armagedon why not.

But apocalypse and abaddon are a big joke.

You still don't have enough power grid and cpu on the both ship to put beam.

Don't forget when you put laser you need to put some heavy capacitor booster + Mwd or afterburner of microjump drive.

But you don't have enough cpu and power grid. You lose all rigs to put ancilliary or copprocessor rigs.

After that your tanking is a **** compared to other race.

Have make a big fight with Amarr BS and logistics ....

When you are logistics it's very difficult to remote in same time armor and give some capa some other ship. Already the gardian are less tanking than oneiros and the fitting is also very difficult you need to collaborate with your cap boby and in same time transfert capa and remote armor and now you decrease the capa buffer on amarr ship...

The new amarr bs is too difficult to play with no advantage to be interesting. They have loss the tanking with the nerf 1% resistance.

Nightmare for the fitting.
Nightmare for capa.
Nightmare for logi

Explain to me. Why some people would like to play this race. When is more easy to play minmatarr or caldari in shield

No problem capa
No problem for fitting
You keep all low slot for dps en all medium for tanking (minus 1 for damage control in low and porpulsion mod in medium).
about logitics more easy you have only one broadcast to follow and the repair cycle is in the beginning.

They are absolute not interest to play Amarr today
Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#1520 - 2013-04-18 12:53:44 UTC
AspiB'elt wrote:
HI Fozzi

I have tested the new Amarr BS and Guns.

I am very very disappointed.

The armagedon why not.

But apocalypse and abaddon are a big joke.

You still don't have enough power grid and cpu on the both ship to put beam.

Don't forget when you put laser you need to put some heavy capacitor booster + Mwd or afterburner of microjump drive.

But you don't have enough cpu and power grid. You lose all rigs to put ancilliary or copprocessor rigs.

After that your tanking is a **** compared to other race.

Have make a big fight with Amarr BS and logistics ....

When you are logistics it's very difficult to remote in same time armor and give some capa some other ship. Already the gardian are less tanking than oneiros and the fitting is also very difficult you need to collaborate with your cap boby and in same time transfert capa and remote armor and now you decrease the capa buffer on amarr ship...

The new amarr bs is too difficult to play with no advantage to be interesting. They have loss the tanking with the nerf 1% resistance.

Nightmare for the fitting.
Nightmare for capa.
Nightmare for logi

Explain to me. Why some people would like to play this race. When is more easy to play minmatarr or caldari in shield

No problem capa
No problem for fitting
You keep all low slot for dps en all medium for tanking (minus 1 for damage control in low and porpulsion mod in medium).
about logitics more easy you have only one broadcast to follow and the repair cycle is in the beginning.

They are absolute not interest to play Amarr today



wowowow wait a second. Try to fit 6 1400MM T2 on a tempest and see how amazing the tank you can still fit.

You are not supposed to field a heavy tank with a full rack of largest weapons. The rokh capability of doign so is the out of line ....

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"