These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

POSes: I am a small portion of the community

First post First post
Author
Tuxedo Catfish
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#861 - 2013-01-17 15:27:10 UTC
Fix POS and POS mechanics will become relevant to more of your playerbase.
Keb Banu-Ring
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#862 - 2013-01-17 15:27:15 UTC
Player Owning Stars should be fixes.

:) You know why. Black wholes are deadly!
Tiberius Murderhorne
CONTRATTO
#863 - 2013-01-17 15:27:19 UTC
POS's are a POS Fix's must occur!

That is all!

Disclaimer : My posting does not always reflect my Corps views or my allience views.... Infact sometimes it does not even reflect my views!

Nair Alderau
The Blessed Chains of Freedom
#864 - 2013-01-17 15:27:22 UTC
Arkon Olacar wrote:
Pak Narhoo wrote:

CCP is scared for an Incarna 2.0. I don't blame them because version 1 almost killed them.
I still think if they do the POS revamp in little steps, 1 at the time they can avoid another furious rage.

Well thats ironic because the way things are going backpedalling on the POS revamp could cause Incarna 2.0


I believe you are both right. CCP is somewhat scared of trying the big thing - in case they fail.

But WiS and POS are different. POSes are more crucial to a sci-fi game than WiS ever was. POSes belong to the promised in-space content. Also, even a complete rewrite of the POS system should be way less development effort than Incarna was (this was a completely new graphics engine, after all).

So CCP should just take the jump, because by now, most of were expecting a POS revamp... and being denied might cause bitterness and all that follows.

Thankfully - in stark contrast to Incarna - we receive the opportunity to rage and interecede just at the right moment. It is the coming weeks that CCP nails down the content of the summer expansion. For once, we might actually be able to communicate our wishes early enough.

So stay constructive, but firm. Communicate on all channels available to you. Ask your corp members to join us here and add their thoughts about what is wrong with the current POS system and how to rework it.
Professor Dumbledore
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#865 - 2013-01-17 15:27:22 UTC
Fix POS's thanks
Money Magnet
Money Magnet Corporation
#866 - 2013-01-17 15:27:35 UTC
Fix POS's thanks
Gincro
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#867 - 2013-01-17 15:27:43 UTC
Confirming threadnaught status.
Mara Tessidar
Perkone
Caldari State
#868 - 2013-01-17 15:27:54 UTC
POSes are terrible to work with and affect huge areas of the game. To say that they aren't worth fixing is, at best, laziness, and at worst, idiocy.
Kismeteer
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#869 - 2013-01-17 15:27:54 UTC
A small portion of the community - Every pilot in W-hole space, almost every pilot in null sec, a lot of people with low-sec/high-sec pos...

I realize that some people like Greyscale might have over promised before looking at the code, but we obviously need improvements. So let's find common sense improvements we can do.

And if you say 'unsupported code base', then you have an obvious problem with your code!
Kieran Thiesante
Phi Theta Gamma
#870 - 2013-01-17 15:27:59 UTC
Fix POS's thanks
Shar Nightwhisper
Perkone
Caldari State
#871 - 2013-01-17 15:28:11 UTC
PLZ fix POS'er
Camy Iris
TunDraGon
Goonswarm Federation
#872 - 2013-01-17 15:28:13 UTC
Any self respecting corp has atleast a few POSs and they affect everyone in that corp in one way or another. how do you figure that they are not important enough.

I grant you that it will take a long time to fix. but gawd dam it dont just give up on it.
SaucyOne
Perkone
Caldari State
#873 - 2013-01-17 15:28:14 UTC
Fix POS's thanks
Bashar Hardin
Twisted Inc.
#874 - 2013-01-17 15:28:17 UTC
Winthorp wrote:
I was critical of Two Steps lack of response until i see now he would have been at the time working on this blog and post, MY apologies and thanks for making it as big as an issue as it really should be.


POS's are horrible as they are and need to be fixed above all else. Fixing POS's will in fact invigorate more gameplay in Wh's and in the greater EVE community, it will enable WH corporations to actively recruit without so much paranoia and vile towards the possibility of recruitment. It will allow HS, LS and NS POS's to be built in greater numbers.

+1 Two Step for the response we needed.


My WH corp is a group of RL friends who've played together for years.

We had this very discussion a couple of nights ago.

We caught and killed a miner in WH GRAV site and invited him to our ransom channel for his pod.
After the ransom was resolved (it's then we found out that he really was a new character and not a mining alt :P) we got to talking about getting some new characters interested in mining/production and introducing/getting them setup in our WH to supply resources to fuel our PvP.
The discussion broke down pretty quickly after we couldn't figure out an easy way to bring them in and give them what they needed while securing our personal assets. This has happened a few times over the years when we thought about bringing in more pilots (combat or otherwise) to the corp.
We have fun in our little group but the corp stagnates because we can't bring in new players/pilots because of security in wormholes.
Money Mate
Attack Zone
#875 - 2013-01-17 15:28:33 UTC
Fix POS's thanks
Alekseyev Karrde
Noir.
The Network.
#876 - 2013-01-17 15:28:51 UTC
Post.

Even beginning the undertaking in the smallest way would be encouraging, since the destination would be very very good for ALL of this game.

Alek the Kidnapper, Hero of the CSM

Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#877 - 2013-01-17 15:29:01 UTC
As a nullsec resident, cap pilot and sometime T2 producer, I use POS pretty frequently. The current system causes me nothing but grief, I dread tot hink how bad it is for wormhole guys, or even POS managers. POS are badly in need of a revamp.
BObbo
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#878 - 2013-01-17 15:29:03 UTC
POSes only affect a small percentage of the population? That'd be the enablers and the instigators. They, in turn, affect everyone. So your argument is invalid. Watermelon. Cat. Please make the POS revamp a high priority.
Viger
Tortuga Trading Company
#879 - 2013-01-17 15:29:06 UTC
Mara Rinn wrote:
Minutes wrote:
Unifex stated that what CCP did was spend effort and prototype what would make a good POS system. It would, however, only affect the group of people who manage POSes. Focusing that amount of time and effort on some small singular aspect of the game and delivering only that “is what will kill the business”.


A good POS system would impact upon the play style of:

  • W-space dwellers (all of them, regardless of roles)
  • Manufacturers
  • Researchers
  • Inventors
  • Miners
  • People using POSes as logistics bases in hostile territory
  • People competing with any of the above
  • People relying on any of the above for income or support


Of all the players in EVE, the only ones whose play style will not be impacted by revamped POSes are the ones who only ever spin their ships in stations (and even that is up for debate).

Revamped POSes will go a long way to ameliorating the sucking chest wounds of nullsec.

Revamped POSes will go a long way towards moving the entire EVE economy into player hands.

NOT revamping POSes will kill the game more certainly than spending a year fixing them.

Suggesting that the POS using population is small right now, thus no revamp required, is clearly putting the cart before the house (the causative link is actually: POSes suck, so only desperate people use them)


^ this, well said!

follow me on twit :   @viger1

knobber Jobbler
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#880 - 2013-01-17 15:29:09 UTC
The whole POS thing needs a rework.

They're peoples space castles and a core feature of EVE, how can CCP ignore them?