These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Incarna/WiS Disappointment

First post First post First post
Author
Ghazu
#1261 - 2012-08-31 00:55:11 UTC
Flamespar wrote:
I wonder if social spaces will be moved up in priority due to the influx of Dust514 players and the need to allow them to meet and be ordered (and gun point if necessary) by EVE players.

No let's not let the first impression EVE proper to these potential new players be a bunch of dudes emoting each other.

http://www.minerbumping.com/ lol what the christ https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2299984#post2299984

Buylow Sell-High
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#1262 - 2012-08-31 01:42:43 UTC
Ghazu wrote:
Flamespar wrote:
I wonder if social spaces will be moved up in priority due to the influx of Dust514 players and the need to allow them to meet and be ordered (and gun point if necessary) by EVE players.

No let's not let the first impression EVE proper to these potential new players be a bunch of dudes emoting each other.

Could be worse, they could be subjected to your bitter, negative homophobic posts.

I mean really, grow up.
Ghazu
#1263 - 2012-08-31 02:03:56 UTC
Buylow Sell-High wrote:
Ghazu wrote:
Flamespar wrote:
I wonder if social spaces will be moved up in priority due to the influx of Dust514 players and the need to allow them to meet and be ordered (and gun point if necessary) by EVE players.

No let's not let the first impression EVE proper to these potential new players be a bunch of dudes emoting each other.

Could be worse, they could be subjected to your bitter, negative homophobic posts.

I mean really, grow up.

"A rose is a rose is a rose".

http://www.minerbumping.com/ lol what the christ https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2299984#post2299984

Buylow Sell-High
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#1264 - 2012-08-31 02:57:39 UTC
Ghazu wrote:
Buylow Sell-High wrote:
Ghazu wrote:
Flamespar wrote:
I wonder if social spaces will be moved up in priority due to the influx of Dust514 players and the need to allow them to meet and be ordered (and gun point if necessary) by EVE players.

No let's not let the first impression EVE proper to these potential new players be a bunch of dudes emoting each other.

Could be worse, they could be subjected to your bitter, negative homophobic posts.

I mean really, grow up.

"A rose is a rose is a rose".

It is what it is, and you is a homophobe.
Pipa Porto
#1265 - 2012-08-31 03:13:42 UTC
Buylow Sell-High wrote:
Ghazu wrote:
Buylow Sell-High wrote:
Ghazu wrote:
Flamespar wrote:
I wonder if social spaces will be moved up in priority due to the influx of Dust514 players and the need to allow them to meet and be ordered (and gun point if necessary) by EVE players.

No let's not let the first impression EVE proper to these potential new players be a bunch of dudes emoting each other.

Could be worse, they could be subjected to your bitter, negative homophobic posts.

I mean really, grow up.

"A rose is a rose is a rose".

It is what it is, and you is a homophobe.


He said he didn't like watching men virtually dance around wearing cartoons. How is that a mark of Homophobia?

He didn't say he didn't like watching men actually dance around. He didn't say he had a problem with men dancing around. He didn't say that men shouldn't be allowed to dance around.

He just said that there's no reason to devote endless developer resources to provide a way for men to virtually dance around wearing cartoons instead of devoting those resources to adding/improving actual gameplay to the game.

EvE: Everyone vs Everyone

-RubyPorto

Ghazu
#1266 - 2012-08-31 03:34:12 UTC
Buylow Sell-High wrote:
Ghazu wrote:
Buylow Sell-High wrote:
Ghazu wrote:
Flamespar wrote:
I wonder if social spaces will be moved up in priority due to the influx of Dust514 players and the need to allow them to meet and be ordered (and gun point if necessary) by EVE players.

No let's not let the first impression EVE proper to these potential new players be a bunch of dudes emoting each other.

Could be worse, they could be subjected to your bitter, negative homophobic posts.

I mean really, grow up.

"A rose is a rose is a rose".

It is what it is, and you is a homophobe.


Whoa perpetuate stereotypes much? Get out you bigot.

http://www.minerbumping.com/ lol what the christ https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2299984#post2299984

Buylow Sell-High
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#1267 - 2012-08-31 03:41:31 UTC
Ghazu wrote:
Whoa perpetuate stereotypes much? Get out you bigot.

Ummm, homophobes ARE bigots.
Buylow Sell-High
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#1268 - 2012-08-31 03:44:45 UTC
Pipa Porto wrote:
He said he didn't like watching men virtually dance around wearing cartoons. How is that a mark of Homophobia?

He didn't say he didn't like watching men actually dance around. He didn't say he had a problem with men dancing around. He didn't say that men shouldn't be allowed to dance around.

He just said that there's no reason to devote endless developer resources to provide a way for men to virtually dance around wearing cartoons instead of devoting those resources to adding/improving actual gameplay to the game.

How do you wear a cartoon?

Anyhow, he states "dudes emoting each other"(in every ******* post I might add)which is a wider statement than just /dancing.

So much obvious fear of human avatars to the point of being a phobia, the fact that it is always
focused on being "dudes" leads me to suspect that it is homophobic in nature.

Maybe you guys should get a room, and work out your demons?
Ghazu
#1269 - 2012-08-31 04:14:31 UTC
Buylow Sell-High wrote:
Pipa Porto wrote:
He said he didn't like watching men virtually dance around wearing cartoons. How is that a mark of Homophobia?

He didn't say he didn't like watching men actually dance around. He didn't say he had a problem with men dancing around. He didn't say that men shouldn't be allowed to dance around.

He just said that there's no reason to devote endless developer resources to provide a way for men to virtually dance around wearing cartoons instead of devoting those resources to adding/improving actual gameplay to the game.

How do you wear a cartoon?

Anyhow, he states "dudes emoting each other"(in every ******* post I might add)which is a wider statement than just /dancing.

So much obvious fear of human avatars to the point of being a phobia, the fact that it is always
focused on being "dudes" leads me to suspect that it is homophobic in nature.

Maybe you guys should get a room, and work out your demons?


You know that like and get liked thread? Things are bad enough as it is without avatars for dudes to emote each other in.

http://www.minerbumping.com/ lol what the christ https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2299984#post2299984

Pipa Porto
#1270 - 2012-08-31 04:22:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Pipa Porto
Buylow Sell-High wrote:
Pipa Porto wrote:
He said he didn't like watching men virtually dance around wearing cartoons. How is that a mark of Homophobia?

He didn't say he didn't like watching men actually dance around. He didn't say he had a problem with men dancing around. He didn't say that men shouldn't be allowed to dance around.

He just said that there's no reason to devote endless developer resources to provide a way for men to virtually dance around wearing cartoons instead of devoting those resources to adding/improving actual gameplay to the game.

How do you wear a cartoon?

Anyhow, he states "dudes emoting each other"(in every ******* post I might add)which is a wider statement than just /dancing.

So much obvious fear of human avatars to the point of being a phobia, the fact that it is always
focused on being "dudes" leads me to suspect that it is homophobic in nature.

Maybe you guys should get a room, and work out your demons?



That's what an avatar is. A cartoon that you wear.

Perhaps the fact that he mentions dudes is the demographic fact that the EVE playerbase is disproportionately Male?


Oh, and threads like these become repetitive because the Multiplayer CQ guys keep refusing to specify what actual gameplay a multiplayer CQ will add. And "it'll improve the 'social aspect' of the game" is not an answer.

Again, the Dungeon crawling adventures that Team Avatar has been working on are awesome. It's too bad they can't talk about them because every thread gets taken over by the guys calling for multiplayer CQ where we can walk around and do nothing with other people first.

EvE: Everyone vs Everyone

-RubyPorto

Buylow Sell-High
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#1271 - 2012-08-31 05:33:37 UTC
Pipa Porto wrote:
That's what an avatar is. A cartoon that you wear.

Huh? I'm pretty sure that a cartoon is an artistic representation of a character and not
something you wear.

Pipa Porto wrote:
Perhaps the fact that he mentions dudes is the demographic fact that the EVE playerbase is disproportionately Male?

...and you get your data from where? Link please.


Pipa Porto wrote:
Oh, and threads like these become repetitive because the Multiplayer CQ guys keep refusing to specify what actual gameplay a multiplayer CQ will add. And "it'll improve the 'social aspect' of the game" is not an answer.

How dare you imply that simple social interaction isn't gameplay for people. This notion that "actual" or "meaningfull" has to involve some sort of ganking/looting/pvp is absolute bull ****, and only serves the people who want to stall and delay WiS.

Pipa Porto wrote:
Again, the Dungeon crawling adventures that Team Avatar has been working on are awesome.

Really? They are? Please tell us about what they look like, and how awesome they are. Oh, and while you are at it, tell CCP,
because I dont think even they know what the duce you are talking about.

Seriuosly, just like every other anti-WiS poster you are just speaking nonsense and spreading lies and half truths, rather than adding some constructive input as to what the future could hold for EVE.

You're just another emote-o-phobic naysayer.
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#1272 - 2012-08-31 06:54:12 UTC
Keep it civil and on topic please. Thank you.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Ghazu
#1273 - 2012-08-31 07:05:45 UTC
Just leaving the TA prototype video here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ajnxq65D220

http://www.minerbumping.com/ lol what the christ https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2299984#post2299984

Pipa Porto
#1274 - 2012-08-31 08:05:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Pipa Porto
Buylow Sell-High wrote:
Pipa Porto wrote:
Oh, and threads like these become repetitive because the Multiplayer CQ guys keep refusing to specify what actual gameplay a multiplayer CQ will add. And "it'll improve the 'social aspect' of the game" is not an answer.

How dare you imply that simple social interaction isn't gameplay for people. This notion that "actual" or "meaningfull" has to involve some sort of ganking/looting/pvp is absolute bull ****, and only serves the people who want to stall and delay WiS.


Social interaction is facilitated by talking to people. I've seen no evidence that having an avatar to wear in any way facilitates that. If it did, don't you think you'd see people using IMVU instead of TS3/Mumble?

Quote:
Pipa Porto wrote:
Again, the Dungeon crawling adventures that Team Avatar has been working on are awesome.

Really? They are? Please tell us about what they look like, and how awesome they are. Oh, and while you are at it, tell CCP,
because I dont think even they know what the duce you are talking about.

Seriuosly, just like every other anti-WiS poster you are just speaking nonsense and spreading lies and half truths, rather than adding some constructive input as to what the future could hold for EVE.

You're just another emote-o-phobic naysayer.


Ummm... here's CCP t0rfifrans's presentation (in Germany, Ghazu sniped me with the Russian one) on the dungeon crawling that they've been working on. Do try to keep up with the thread before trying to call people out.

Locking other people inside and welding the door shut. That's actual, consequential gameplay. Walking around in an empty room with nothing to do but talk to each other (or other actions better done through extant interfaces) is not adding consequential gameplay. It's IMVU in space. Which isn't worth Dev time.

So, I'm anti WIS because I actually want it to succeed instead of launching another installation of "so, what do we do with this empty room" failure. Alrighty...

EvE: Everyone vs Everyone

-RubyPorto

Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#1275 - 2012-08-31 11:38:24 UTC
"Meaningful gameplay" is like a catchword. "Meaningful" to whom? To people who never cared of WiS or are against it? Meaningful to the people who want other ways to play EVE?

Does it matter at all? EVE was born crippled and will never be anything else than it is now. It does not even try.

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

Pipa Porto
#1276 - 2012-08-31 11:44:45 UTC
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai wrote:
"Meaningful gameplay" is like a catchword. "Meaningful" to whom? To people who never cared of WiS or are against it? Meaningful to the people who want other ways to play EVE?

Does it matter at all? EVE was born crippled and will never be anything else than it is now. It does not even try.


"Meaningful" = "Consequential" as in Gameplay which has Consequences.

Talking to each other Avatar to Avatar has no different consequences than talking to each other through Text Chat, Voice Chat, or Skype.

EvE: Everyone vs Everyone

-RubyPorto

Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#1277 - 2012-08-31 12:05:16 UTC
Pipa Porto wrote:
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai wrote:
"Meaningful gameplay" is like a catchword. "Meaningful" to whom? To people who never cared of WiS or are against it? Meaningful to the people who want other ways to play EVE?

Does it matter at all? EVE was born crippled and will never be anything else than it is now. It does not even try.


"Meaningful" = "Consequential" as in Gameplay which has Consequences.

Talking to each other Avatar to Avatar has no different consequences than talking to each other through Text Chat, Voice Chat, or Skype.


Consequences? They are highly overestated. Players only like the consequences that others suffer, but do whatever is in their hands to avoid consequences themselves and boast on how the consequeces they suffer are more than enough. Roll

Everyone is a minmaxer in a win/loss scheme, but then win/loss is not the only way to play.

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

Dajli
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1278 - 2012-08-31 12:21:11 UTC
Mittani don't like it… Rock the Casbah.
Ghazu
#1279 - 2012-08-31 12:45:37 UTC
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai wrote:
Pipa Porto wrote:
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai wrote:
"Meaningful gameplay" is like a catchword. "Meaningful" to whom? To people who never cared of WiS or are against it? Meaningful to the people who want other ways to play EVE?

Does it matter at all? EVE was born crippled and will never be anything else than it is now. It does not even try.


"Meaningful" = "Consequential" as in Gameplay which has Consequences.

Talking to each other Avatar to Avatar has no different consequences than talking to each other through Text Chat, Voice Chat, or Skype.


Consequences? They are highly overestated. Players only like the consequences that others suffer, but do whatever is in their hands to avoid consequences themselves and boast on how the consequeces they suffer are more than enough. Roll

Everyone is a minmaxer in a win/loss scheme, but then win/loss is not the only way to play.


If all you ever did was solo mine and mission, of course it's difficult to see any gameplay progression apart from extra percent in your wallet tick or mining yield.

http://www.minerbumping.com/ lol what the christ https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2299984#post2299984

Piter Bakunin
#1280 - 2012-08-31 12:53:28 UTC
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai wrote:

Consequences? They are highly overestated. Players only like the consequences that others suffer, but do whatever is in their hands to avoid consequences themselves and boast on how the consequeces they suffer are more than enough. Roll

Everyone is a minmaxer in a win/loss scheme, but then win/loss is not the only way to play.


Inflicting consequences on other players whilst attempting to avoid consequences being inflicted on oneself, sounds like actual gameplay, EVE gameplay. Finally a suggestion for WIS I can get behind. Big smile