These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

New dev blog: Next Unified Inventory Update

First post First post
Author
Jonuts
The Arrow Project
#741 - 2012-06-14 00:27:46 UTC
CCP Goliath wrote:

At absolutely no point should any hard working developer have to suffer a personal attack for doing the oh-so-terrible-thing of communicating with their customers or changing a feature in a game. Your behaviour in the Inferno 1.1 Sisi Feedback thread was atrocious which is why your posts were deleted. You didn't bring anything but ranting and namecalling to the table, and this is why you didn't get anything constructive.

Your comment about majority is way off. This thread has 113 unique users posting in it. It's called a vocal minority and is very common on forums, and it makes it seem like far more people are angry if you get a 33 page threadnaught going, but the average posts per user in this thread is 4, and 10% of the total posts in it have been made by one user. Approximately 45% of the total posts have been made by the top 10 posters in the thread, of who I am one. Someone trolling our devblog opening is not an indication of "the mood of many players at present". I don't debate that there is a number of people who are disaffected at the moment, but your estimation of their percentage of the player base is grandly overstated.

EDIT: "(no gameplay since 22.05.2012)" All this does is tell me that you haven't tried out any of the fixes and are just soapboxing.



And thus, CCP hath spoken. The UI is not a problem, but players being unhappy with it is. So Sayeth the CCP.

The thing about a Vocal minority that most people don't seem to get, is that if they aren't of the same group, odds are pretty good they're speaking for the majority, just louder. They only get a bad rap because often a vocal minority is nothing but a single distinct subgroup making noise to push their own political agenda, instead of a group is unrelated people who are all seeking redress. Considering the "active" posters here are for the most part utterly unrelated, it's pretty safe to assume that there is more to this vocal minority than just a single faction making noise. You have representatives from most, if not all, major sections of the game represented in this vocal minority. We aren't folks banded together under a charismatic leader that keeps us together. We're a bunch of pissed off players who had their gameplay experience trampled due to utter incompetence. Oh, and you guys already said we're too stupid to provide feedback which is why you ignored it all and brought this UI to live. That didn't help much either.

So sorry to say, but "vocal minority" doesn't really mean much. We have no leader. You can remove the top 10 posters, and you'll STILL have a vocal minority. Just a bunch of people upset about the UI changes, because of how poorly it was done.

Quote:


got to comment on this dude, the fact is ccp will never get threads of 100+ uniques of people happy ... why? because 99% of the forum are trolls, and the people that do like things dont whine on the forum ... they play the f*cking game.



ON A SEPERATE NOTE

Goliath can you please ask devs when they are bringing back the shortcuts to things like drone bay, corp hanger, fuel bay in the right click, i'm pretty sure they said they were going to bring them back, as it is the fact theres no direct way to open a window via shortcut to open drone or fuel bay is a valid complaint, cargo has a button the other bays dont, so if no button it should be back in the right click menu.


Now THAT is classic. Insults everyone who doesn't like the Unified Inventory, then asks about one of the biggest fixes we want. Congrats, you just added yourself to that same group you just called trolls. That being said, along with the right click issue, when can we expect neocom buttons to return and the opening of multiple windows to either be a default behavior, or able to be set as a default behavior? I should have Item Hanger and Ship hangar buttons on my side bar again, and clicking them both should separately open my ship hangar and my item hangar. The Neocom is customizable for a reason. Should have another menu subsection of inventory buttons, so we can drag the ones we want to the sidebar.
Jonuts
The Arrow Project
#742 - 2012-06-14 00:57:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonuts
CCP Goliath wrote:
Dennie Fleetfoot wrote:
...

They would also never, ever dismiss people complaining about the same thing as a vocal minority. They would ask where is it that we're doing wrong and how can we correct it.

...This group of people, this 'vocal minority' have found and highlighted so many bugs in UI, you should be thanking them for showing how lacking your QA protocols are.

...

Now Goliath, you say you can't speak as to Sisi feedback. I urge you to go and read that original feedback thread and you will see that every bug fix you've had to do since inferno with UI could've been avoided if you'd acted on it. How much of yours, Soundwaves and others time could've saved?

...


You seem to be rather insulted by the term vocal minority, which was not my intention. I don't see what's insulting about the term but I apologise to you if you feel marginalised by it. To me, a vocal minority is just that - a group of people less than the majority that are particularly vocal in their feelings.

The entire point of these devblogs and feedback threads has to been to find out what's wrong so we can make it better.

As to the comments about bugs and my department, you are not well informed on our development processes, so I encourage you to read my upcoming devblog on the topic. I would remind you that while players do indeed submit bug reports and discuss issues on the forum, we also test extensively in-house. Just because bugs get found doesn't necessarily mean there is time to fix them. Please do not make assumptions or talk down about my hardworking, talented department.

Remember the difference between bugs and feature requests. Container doesn't open when clicked - bug. Container doesn't open in a separate window when clicked - feature request.


You do realize that vocal minority is basically a dismissal of our concerns? I'm going to assume cultural differences on this. When you call a group a "Vocal Minority", it heavily implies that our concerns are meaningless and that no one agrees with us. Of course we're insulted when you call us a vocal minority. Yes, technically, every vocal group IS a vocal minority because most people don't let their outrage or disappointment be known. Since any outcry on the forums is going to be done by a minority, there is no reason to call us a vocal minority except to dismiss us and our concerns. So yes, it IS insulting when you call us a vocal minority.

Oh, and considering that pre-inferno, containers opened in separate windows, I postulate that containers no longer opening in separate windows is a bug report, not a feature request. What possible reason would I have for opening a container in the SAME window after all? If I'm opening one, odds are I'm opening it to move something into or out of it, which works much better with 2 windows. Ergo, it's a bug :)

Meh. I tried :(

Quote:
Folks, if we users have spewed so much hostility at developers that they limit their interactions for fear of inflaming us -- whose fault is it?


Normally, I'd say it's the player bases fault. I'm well aware that we're a bunch of assholes. But in this case, I'll blame both. The players for being assholes (You really can't get around that. Ever.) and the devs for ignoring feedback and pushing garbage. There comes a point when any reasonable person can look at the situations and honestly say "You brought it upon yourself". Walk around the bad part of town yelling loudly about how you have 20,000$ in cash on you? Yea, your fault you got stabbed/shot and someone ran off with your cash. This entire fiasco definitely falls under the heading of "You brought it upon yourself".
Dealth Striker
Perkone
Caldari State
#743 - 2012-06-14 02:10:31 UTC
CCP Goliath wrote:
Dream Five wrote:
ZaBob wrote:
Dream Five wrote:
I made an online poll here. Surprisingly it seems that CCP is still not convinced that the UI is bad, both the concept and implementation. I guess we can try to figure out the truth, since the opinion to roll back to old ui that most people here share can be dismissed as "vocal minority".

http://gopollgo.com/is-inferno-unified-ui-in-eve-better-than-the-old-ui

Please vote and spread the word.


OK, I voted, but I don't think it's a good idea, albeit well-motivated.

Mostly, it's a bad idea because of selection bias.

Spreading the word may help alleviate the bias, if the spreading is relatively unbiased. Since you've gone and done it, I may try to spread it within our alliance. There's a bias there, but less than "people who come to this thread to complain".

So far, the results are more positive than I would have expected; if the poll were based on a good sample, that would be even more interesting.

My other problem with the poll is that it is too narrow.

I voted "It's terrible", but if it were integrated with assets instead, I'd have voted positive, myself. And I'd really like to understand what people like (I might learn something I can integrate into my workflow). And it would be helpful to know which aspects people don't like.

I'm going to hold off on broadcasting this, in hopes that CCP Goliath (or someone) would seek out the data in a more careful way, perhaps with more detailed questions and a random sample. I was actually contemplating suggesting it in response to his 'Metrics > Hyperbole' comment.


I spammed it in Jita. Jita should be pretty unbiased i'd say. Besides what makes you think that people who post and read on forums are biased? Because they are more of power users?


I agree that there is more detail to it but the basic problem right now seems to be that CCP doesn't believe that enough people out there really dislike this new UI and would rather go back to the old UI.


That is not a good poll at all. You don't even give the feature its real name, and like ZaBob has said your polling base selection leaves pretty much everything to be desired. I can say categorically right now that that poll will not feature in the slightest in any of our decision making, nor will it change my opinion about the spread of dislike for the Unified Inventory.


Well how putting a poll on the login page where the adverts go?
That way all "clients" have the option to say whether they like the new UI or not,
That way you get those that do not follow the forums a chance to give CCP some feedback.
Striker Out!!
Diamonica Norya
Pro Synergy
#744 - 2012-06-14 03:10:17 UTC
Dealth Striker wrote:
-long quote-

Well how putting a poll on the login page where the adverts go?
That way all "clients" have the option to say whether they like the new UI or not,
That way you get those that do not follow the forums a chance to give CCP some feedback.


It's been suggested already, however it's then going to be either hard or near impossible to dismiss any subsets of the resulting stat regardless of For or Against as "vocal minority".

Once anybody decided to participate will be literally "vocal" anyway, and we all know that for a fact that there's quite a good portion of players who are simply not happy with the current state of the UI. That is most likely a fact that CCP knows and as such, they cannot promote people to vote as passionately as they did with the Rifter LEGO model votes via their Login Ad Banner.
Satee Shan
Grey Council Ru
#745 - 2012-06-14 03:53:23 UTC
Old inventory was alot better than new. I want it back.
Dream Five
Renegade Pleasure Androids
#746 - 2012-06-14 04:26:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Dream Five
It appears there are some weird shenanigans going on..

first i posted a poll:
http://gopollgo.com/is-inferno-unified-ui-in-eve-better-than-the-old-ui

i'm looking at it right now. There's 63/8/2/22 vote coming from the UK which works out to 66% fantastic :)
This is the link CCP Goliath replied to. I suspect it was distributed to CCP UK office.

Now if you look at this poll which i modified and it was distributed at 5 major trade hubs:
http://gopollgo.com/is-unified-inventory-in-eve-inferno-expansion-better-than-the-old-inventory

The numbers are completely different
37/55/52/80 for the UK, making it 17/25/23/36% for fantastic/better/worse/terrible

The only plausible conclusion seems to be that CCP actually bothered to doctor the first poll that I posted. I'm not sure why they would bother to do that but I can't think of any other explanation..

EDIT: this is probably because of people clearing cookies and voting over and over.
Callidus Dux
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#747 - 2012-06-14 05:18:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Callidus Dux
Even if we get an questionaire concerning the unified UI. What do you like, what do you hate or do you want back the old UI? etc.
We will NEVER ever get the official correct answer from CCP what was the result. I know there was a questionaire concerning the new overview which has a lot of annoyance functions (MouseOver lock What?). But did we get the results? Was there an analysis I can see?

Either CCP has hidden this result very good or there was never a public result available.

But I would like such questionaire; if it is not manipulated from CCP. Mr. Chribba is your man of the month. Let him organize this questionaire; out of CCP's server- and influence range.
Rommiee
Mercury Inc.
#748 - 2012-06-14 05:45:46 UTC
CCP Goliath wrote:
Rommiee wrote:
CCP Goliath wrote:
Rommiee wrote:
Gainard wrote:

You can not deny that what has been accomplished with few clicks before now takes more clicks and takes more time than before.
You can not deny, that there is still no proper explanation as to why you forced the UI upon us.


Goliath, what about those questions then ?


Already answered both of them. Read my post...


Ummm, well not really.

You did a bit of skirting around some questions but have not answered these two.

Since this whole fiasco started, every single Dev has avoided the second of those questions. We have had the odd vague response about something like “it was a design decision to facilitate other features”.

So how about an actual answer this time ?



I'll restate my position, that as I am not a designer, nor on the team responsible for the Unified Inventory, that it would be futile for me to comment on the design choice. This is the same answer I gave above (which is no way skirting around anything - if I asked you to teach me Swahili would you be skirting around the answer if you said you were not in a position to be able to do that?).

Perhaps getting someone in here who CAN answer the question would be more helpful than making some smartass comment

This is exactly the attitude that isn't making you any friends here.
Ribikoka
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#749 - 2012-06-14 08:05:43 UTC
Jonuts wrote:
CCP Goliath wrote:

At absolutely no point should any hard working developer have to suffer a personal attack for doing the oh-so-terrible-thing of communicating with their customers or changing a feature in a game. Your behaviour in the Inferno 1.1 Sisi Feedback thread was atrocious which is why your posts were deleted. You didn't bring anything but ranting and namecalling to the table, and this is why you didn't get anything constructive.

Your comment about majority is way off. This thread has 113 unique users posting in it. It's called a vocal minority and is very common on forums, and it makes it seem like far more people are angry if you get a 33 page threadnaught going, but the average posts per user in this thread is 4, and 10% of the total posts in it have been made by one user. Approximately 45% of the total posts have been made by the top 10 posters in the thread, of who I am one. Someone trolling our devblog opening is not an indication of "the mood of many players at present". I don't debate that there is a number of people who are disaffected at the moment, but your estimation of their percentage of the player base is grandly overstated.

EDIT: "(no gameplay since 22.05.2012)" All this does is tell me that you haven't tried out any of the fixes and are just soapboxing.



And thus, CCP hath spoken. The UI is not a problem, but players being unhappy with it is. So Sayeth the CCP.

The thing about a Vocal minority that most people don't seem to get, is that if they aren't of the same group, odds are pretty good they're speaking for the majority, just louder. They only get a bad rap because often a vocal minority is nothing but a single distinct subgroup making noise to push their own political agenda, instead of a group is unrelated people who are all seeking redress. Considering the "active" posters here are for the most part utterly unrelated, it's pretty safe to assume that there is more to this vocal minority than just a single faction making noise. You have representatives from most, if not all, major sections of the game represented in this vocal minority. We aren't folks banded together under a charismatic leader that keeps us together. We're a bunch of pissed off players who had their gameplay experience trampled due to utter incompetence. Oh, and you guys already said we're too stupid to provide feedback which is why you ignored it all and brought this UI to live. That didn't help much either.

So sorry to say, but "vocal minority" doesn't really mean much. We have no leader. You can remove the top 10 posters, and you'll STILL have a vocal minority. Just a bunch of people upset about the UI changes, because of how poorly it was done.

Quote:


got to comment on this dude, the fact is ccp will never get threads of 100+ uniques of people happy ... why? because 99% of the forum are trolls, and the people that do like things dont whine on the forum ... they play the f*cking game.



ON A SEPERATE NOTE

Goliath can you please ask devs when they are bringing back the shortcuts to things like drone bay, corp hanger, fuel bay in the right click, i'm pretty sure they said they were going to bring them back, as it is the fact theres no direct way to open a window via shortcut to open drone or fuel bay is a valid complaint, cargo has a button the other bays dont, so if no button it should be back in the right click menu.


Now THAT is classic. Insults everyone who doesn't like the Unified Inventory, then asks about one of the biggest fixes we want. Congrats, you just added yourself to that same group you just called trolls. That being said, along with the right click issue, when can we expect neocom buttons to return and the opening of multiple windows to either be a default behavior, or able to be set as a default behavior? I should have Item Hanger and Ship hangar buttons on my side bar again, and clicking them both should separately open my ship hangar and my item hangar. The Neocom is customizable for a reason. Should have another menu subsection of inventory buttons, so we can drag the ones we want to the sidebar.


+1
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#750 - 2012-06-14 08:17:27 UTC
Jonuts wrote:
Oh, and considering that pre-inferno, containers opened in separate windows, I postulate that containers no longer opening in separate windows is a bug report, not a feature request. What possible reason would I have for opening a container in the SAME window after all? If I'm opening one, odds are I'm opening it to move something into or out of it, which works much better with 2 windows. Ergo, it's a bug :)


It's not a bug, it's a blatant usability design overlook. Also called "feature".
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#751 - 2012-06-14 08:19:51 UTC
Rommiee wrote:
Perhaps getting someone in here who CAN answer the question would be more helpful than making some smartass comment

This is exactly the attitude that isn't making you any friends here.


If the guy in charge replied here, he would make you like CCP Goliath replies a lot more.
Dream Five
Renegade Pleasure Androids
#752 - 2012-06-14 08:40:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Dream Five
"CCP Goliath" wrote:
I don't debate that there is a number of people who are disaffected at the moment, but your estimation of their percentage of the player base is grandly overstated.


Statistics says with 95% confidence that 58+/-5.5% of players are unhappy with the new UI. Nuff said.
This is assuming 100k population and 300 sample. The sample was collected from trade hubs.

Can we stop with manufacturing synthetic damage control statements now? Your BPO is ME-20, not a good idea.
Ribikoka
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#753 - 2012-06-14 08:55:58 UTC
Dream Five wrote:
"CCP Goliath" wrote:
I don't debate that there is a number of people who are disaffected at the moment, but your estimation of their percentage of the player base is grandly overstated.


Statistics says with 95% confidence that 58+/-5.5% of players are unhappy with the new UI. Nuff said.
This is assuming 100k population and 300 sample. The sample was collected from trade hubs.

Can we stop with manufacturing synthetic damage control statements now? Your BPO is ME-20, not a good idea.


That's why they cosmetics this topics. They deleted so much post (+baned players) which told many players dont like this UI.
This is why they separated the UI topics and this is why they want to cheat with vote system.
But everyone know this UI the worst development parts in the Eve history. Just CCP dont want to acknowledge this mistake.

Dream Five
Renegade Pleasure Androids
#754 - 2012-06-14 09:09:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Dream Five
Ribikoka wrote:
Dream Five wrote:
"CCP Goliath" wrote:
I don't debate that there is a number of people who are disaffected at the moment, but your estimation of their percentage of the player base is grandly overstated.


Statistics says with 95% confidence that 58+/-5.5% of players are unhappy with the new UI. Nuff said.
This is assuming 100k population and 300 sample. The sample was collected from trade hubs.

Can we stop with manufacturing synthetic damage control statements now? Your BPO is ME-20, not a good idea.


That's why they cosmetics this topics. They deleted so much post (+baned players) which told many players dont like this UI.
This is why they separated the UI topics and this is why they want to cheat with vote system.
But everyone know this UI the worst development parts in the Eve history. Just CCP dont want to acknowledge this mistake.



Well.. i don't think the conspiracy goes that far if there's any at all.. they did solicit for feedback so they could get feedback, otherwise they wouldn't even ask. So yeah they didn't know. They just didn't expect a sh!tstorm. Now they regret it because they apparently really didn't realize just how bad it was. And they still don't want to believe it even though hard numbers tell the story in vivid colors.

Anyway now that we are all hopefully on the same page (faced with hard numbers) can we move on to some action items?

#1 Roll back the UI
#2 post-mortem, discuss, redesign, whatever i don't care
#3 feedback from Sisi really incorporated
#4 everyone is happy and we are BFF again (until next time)
CCP Goliath
C C P
C C P Alliance
#755 - 2012-06-14 09:28:48 UTC
Dream Five wrote:
It appears there are some weird shenanigans going on..

first i posted a poll:
http://gopollgo.com/is-inferno-unified-ui-in-eve-better-than-the-old-ui

i'm looking at it right now. There's 63/8/2/22 vote coming from the UK which works out to 66% fantastic :)
This is the link CCP Goliath replied to. I suspect it was distributed to CCP UK office.

Now if you look at this poll which i modified and it was distributed at 5 major trade hubs:
http://gopollgo.com/is-unified-inventory-in-eve-inferno-expansion-better-than-the-old-inventory

The numbers are completely different
37/55/52/80 for the UK, making it 17/25/23/36% for fantastic/better/worse/terrible

The only plausible conclusion seems to be that CCP actually bothered to doctor the first poll that I posted. I'm not sure why they would bother to do that but I can't think of any other explanation..


While your theory amuses me, I would just like to note that not only did I not tell anyone about this poll, for the reasons that I told you above, but the fact that you cannot accept that anyone at all would vote for one of the good options proves why you should not be running this poll in the first place. Our Newcastle office have better things to do with their time than "doctoring your poll". Also, the fact that you made a second poll just further invalidates your first one, because once people have voted for a poll they are pretty unlikely to vote in a second, nearly identical one.

CCP Goliath | QA Director | EVE Illuminati | @CCP_Goliath

Myriad Blaze
Common Sense Ltd
Nulli Secunda
#756 - 2012-06-14 09:30:39 UTC
CCP Goliath wrote:

Your comment about majority is way off. This thread has 113 unique users posting in it. It's called a vocal minority and is very common on forums, and it makes it seem like far more people are angry if you get a 33 page threadnaught going, but the average posts per user in this thread is 4, and 10% of the total posts in it have been made by one user. Approximately 45% of the total posts have been made by the top 10 posters in the thread, of who I am one. Someone trolling our devblog opening is not an indication of "the mood of many players at present". I don't debate that there is a number of people who are disaffected at the moment, but your estimation of their percentage of the player base is grandly overstated.


Usually I don’t post much on MMO forums about game mechanics, because frankly speaking I don’t think it’s worth it – typically it won’t change anything anyway. However, the referenced quote above contains a statement by CCP Goliath that seems to insinuate that I (and other people who remain silent) might be happy with the unified inventory just because I didn’t add my voice to the “vocal minority”. Well, I am not happy with it. And from what I read on the forums, the ingame rookie help channel and especially the ingame corp channel, I know that many other people aren’t happy with it either.

I’m a new player in EVE and started only a few days before Inferno went live. Nevertheless I started early enough to gather initial experience with the old inventory system. From what I know there was nothing wrong it. Actually it worked in many ways much better (for me).

With the unified inventory there are many “features” that are annoying or very annoying. I “hate” that the inventory stays open, when I loot a wreck in space (this comes close to game breaking for me). When I click on the cargo button in the “ship UI” I should get the ship inventory. When I click on the inventory button in the “station UI” I should get the station inventory. Instead I always get what was open when I last closed the inventory and have to click again to get the view I want (annoying). It is extremely annoying to have the same window size for all inventory types. And no, shift clicking to get a temporary new window is not a solution, not even a good workaround. The “tree” in the unified inventory – I’m sorry – is simply a bad idea (it might work for the asset window, though). Please consider to use tabs – ideally tabs that can be dragged to open into separate windows and dragged back to form a tab in the main window. And it would be extra nice if these windows remembered predefined size and sort preferences when detached from the main window.

Will the unified inventory make me quit my account? No, I think not. But if I run into other issues I don’t like, it might become a factor in a decision to leave one day.

M.B.

Smoking Blunts
ZC Omega
Goonswarm Federation
#757 - 2012-06-14 10:05:11 UTC
CCP Goliath wrote:
Callidus Dux wrote:
CCP has to think about it, why it was necessary to bring out two new forum rules.
Sure the hate and upcoming increased personal attack on CCP employees is not tolerable. But at least obvious. It is not so, that the majority of the eve community is upset because CCP did a good job or listened to the customer. It is because they force unwanted and unfinished things that where far away from ANY usability or improvement and completely ignore ALL customers who pays to play the game and do not want to test it; or being unable to play the game any longer because of this absolute terrible UI. It is a fact that barely one loves this UI. Have a look at all the different threads in the forum. (If you are able to find all of them.)

As it is now: CCP denies every statement what they will do in the FUTURE. They only let us know little things about the next week. What comes next month? What will you bring MORE to improve the UI? Just “Improvements” and “Listened feedback” is not enough to calm down the player base who don’t like the unified inventory.
I had a small “conversion” with two CCP’s in another thread. And not surprisingly; all I got was nothing constructive from them. I can not write or link the comments from them because they are deleted and a reconstruction from my memory would not give a proper picture.

So I would really suggest to bring a information website where all interested people can have a look at the planned changes for this UI. I, and perhaps many others, do not need a tight fit high-tech masterplan with all details and the correct time frame.
Just a list with all ideas which will come back to this UI. And an explanation why something will not come back. Denial of a right click menu or an icon at the NeoCom would be not a good idea. It would be easy to implement and would help players. Why deny this changes? That makes no sense.

The DEV’s and CCP’s are under enormous pressure. But its not the fault of the paying customer. Its CCP’s and its release dogma fault. So please stop forcing and do not ban people because they feel ignored from you and want a statement from you. Say something more than just empty phrases like “Improvements” and so on. WHAT exact do you plan? Why do you not rebuild (I want not a roll back) the old UI and degrade this unified UI to the asset window as many others asked?

I do not like your filters. WHY? I have containers which I can not access with this current UI.
I do not like the est. price calculation. It is always wrong, not useable and causes lag and calculation time.
I do not like to have elements into one window that doesn’t belong together.
I do not like to have more shortcuts or SHIFT+X solutions to have my windows back!
I just want double clicks and right click options and icons in the NeoCom. (without any shift)

Think about it and please react. Someone in the forum stated “Please stop beginning your DevBlogs with ‘Hello Spacefriends’. At this point we are no friends anymore.”
This alone should show the mood of many players at present.
Continue to act as you do since 22.05.2012 and EVE will possibly not reach the 10th anniversary.

CCP is your company; EVE is your child; but without enough customers you can not pay your bills and employ your people or develop the game. I am at the point where EVE has no fun for me anymore. Sadly- but it is the hard fact.

Callidus Dux
(no gameplay since 22.05.2012)


At absolutely no point should any hard working developer have to suffer a personal attack for doing the oh-so-terrible-thing of communicating with their customers or changing a feature in a game. Your behaviour in the Inferno 1.1 Sisi Feedback thread was atrocious which is why your posts were deleted. You didn't bring anything but ranting and namecalling to the table, and this is why you didn't get anything constructive.

Your comment about majority is way off. This thread has 113 unique users posting in it. It's called a vocal minority and is very common on forums, and it makes it seem like far more people are angry if you get a 33 page threadnaught going, but the average posts per user in this thread is 4, and 10% of the total posts in it have been made by one user. Approximately 45% of the total posts have been made by the top 10 posters in the thread, of who I am one. Someone trolling our devblog opening is not an indication of "the mood of many players at present". I don't debate that there is a number of people who are disaffected at the moment, but your estimation of their percentage of the player base is grandly overstated.

EDIT: "(no gameplay since 22.05.2012)" All this does is tell me that you haven't tried out any of the fixes and are just soapboxing.


i run 2 corps over my now 3 accounts, and while you are right in terms of the vocal minority. you are very wrong to conclude that people that dont post are happy with this new Ui.
would you like it if i made all my members come here and point out how much they hate this ui? is that what it woudl take for you to belive more people are pissed about it than just the few people here?
i think your estimation on how much people like this ui is greatly over estimated tbfh it lacks the basic functionality of the old. it lacks the persistance of the old and you have added many more steps compared to the old. i do not understand how you can not see this, its like you dont play this game to the extent that you player base does, if at all.

OMG when can i get a pic here

YaNNNa
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#758 - 2012-06-14 10:43:12 UTC
for the record, I also hate the new UI ...
Maul555
Xen Investments
#759 - 2012-06-14 11:21:51 UTC
Remembered window locations have 2 settings it appears. If I start out with no windows, and go over to my POS Ship Maint Array, right click and hit access vessels, it will open in a tiny window where my cargo hold is supposed to be. if I close that, and try again with Shift+click, it opens in a big window in another part of my screen where I want it. This is inconsistent and confusing. Please make open in a new window the default again. 9+ years of a good working system guys... 9 years... Stop being stubborn. I am sure that I am not the problem.
Ribikoka
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#760 - 2012-06-14 11:38:15 UTC
YaNNNa wrote:
for the record, I also hate the new UI ...


You are not alone with this dictum