These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

CCP We ALL want 12 hr Jump Clone delays not 24 hr.

Author
Just Alter
Futures Abstractions
#61 - 2012-04-19 12:57:32 UTC
Remove jump clones entirely.

Also remove the ability to change the medical clone station remotely.

The only way to move somewhere should be to FLY there, not use JC or change station and suicide your pod.
Grey Stormshadow
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#62 - 2012-04-19 13:04:50 UTC
IHaveCandyGetInTheVan69 wrote:
No we want 0H JC delays IF you are in the same station as your jump clone.

48H - Other Region
24H - Same Region
12H - Same constellation
6H - Same System
0H - Same Station

Eve is small enough as it is, buy something with a jump drive if you want to get around.


Yes this is something I've been suggesting before also and what I fully support.
Being able to switch clones in same station will not only make it more fun to play, but also increase the amount of PVP in game when ppl are able to get rid of their precious training clones just for 1-2 hour roam with random friends instead of staying out of trouble.

I would also slightly adjust one timer to prevent constant jumping;

48H - Other Region
24H - Same Region
12H - Same constellation
6H - Same System
3H - Same Station







Get classic forum style - custom videos to captains quarters screen

Play with the best - die like the rest

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#63 - 2012-04-19 13:09:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Krixtal Icefluxor
Less than 24 hours should be in-station or intRA-regional only.

Too much room for EXPLOITATION here.

goons (I can't capitalize it any longer) just wanna hop across the galaxy in 15 minutes if they could. RISK FREE of course.

That is ALL this is about anyway.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Aqriue
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#64 - 2012-04-19 13:21:53 UTC
Remove jump clone timer all together.

Instead, when you jump its considered the equivilent of podding and you lose skill points as if it wasn't updated. You can do this as often as you like, there will reach a limit to how often the player behind the avatar willing to risk instant travel for such a high cost and then the other guy might win.
Nu Tra
All Seeing Eye
#65 - 2012-04-19 13:23:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Nu Tra
Brooks Puuntai wrote:
The argument of overspending on implants is a poor justification. Like anything in Eve you shouldn't fly around with things you can't afford to lose, same applies to implants. However the issue of switching clones isn't the issue I personally have, its the instantly moving around the galaxy thats the problem.


What are you talking about? You can do that anyway regardless of JC timers via pod express. Provided you have enough ISK to pay for the replacement clone cover else should you be podded there is consequence.

If you don't like JC that’s fair enough and I would probably argue the position is valid. However typing out the garbage you have over the last few posts to justify your position and why you don't like them is contemptible even by your own extremely poor standards.
Corina Jarr
en Welle Shipping Inc.
#66 - 2012-04-19 13:25:09 UTC
In response to title: I don't. I want 13 hours. You're wrong.
Tobiaz
Spacerats
#67 - 2012-04-19 13:25:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Tobiaz
Grey Stormshadow wrote:
IHaveCandyGetInTheVan69 wrote:
No we want 0H JC delays IF you are in the same station as your jump clone.

48H - Other Region
24H - Same Region
12H - Same constellation
6H - Same System
0H - Same Station

Eve is small enough as it is, buy something with a jump drive if you want to get around.


Yes this is something I've been suggesting before also and what I fully support.
Being able to switch clones in same station will not only make it more fun to play, but also increase the amount of PVP in game when ppl are able to get rid of their precious training clones just for 1-2 hour roam with random friends instead of staying out of trouble.

I would also slightly adjust one timer to prevent constant jumping;

48H - Other Region
24H - Same Region
12H - Same constellation
6H - Same System
3H - Same Stationm




I disagree. It also takes a lot away from the consequences of your choice of implants. I can already go all slaves, hardwired for energy guns, and easily change to a full crystal set with all missile implants. Like someone mentioned before: you can basically count on most of the richer players always flying around with optimized sets because it (already!) is so easy to swap clones.

If people aren't PvP-ing because they have too expensive implants in their head they can't afford to lose, the game absolutely should not be changed to accommodate their spineless consequence-averse, min-maxing behavior.

Operation WRITE DOWN ALL THE THINGS!!!  Check out the list at http://bit.ly/wdatt Collecting and compiling all fixes and ideas for EVE. Looking for more editors!

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#68 - 2012-04-19 13:29:49 UTC
Nu Tra wrote:
Brooks Puuntai wrote:
The argument of overspending on implants is a poor justification. Like anything in Eve you shouldn't fly around with things you can't afford to lose, same applies to implants. However the issue of switching clones isn't the issue I personally have, its the instantly moving around the galaxy thats the problem.


What are you talking about? You can do that anyway regardless of JC timers via pod express. Provided you have enough ISK to pay for the replacement clone cover else should you be podded there is consequence.

If you don't like JC that’s fair enough and I would probably argue the position is valid. However typing out the garbage you have over the last few posts to justify your position and why you don't like them is contemptible even by your own extremely poor standards.


I'm pretty sure Brook's position has to do with moving around the galaxy RISK FREE.

Those two KEY words are often ignored, as they are wrapped up inside the very idea of Clone Jumping itself, by it's very nature.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Brooks Puuntai
Solar Nexus.
#69 - 2012-04-19 13:34:13 UTC
Nu Tra wrote:
Brooks Puuntai wrote:
The argument of overspending on implants is a poor justification. Like anything in Eve you shouldn't fly around with things you can't afford to lose, same applies to implants. However the issue of switching clones isn't the issue I personally have, its the instantly moving around the galaxy thats the problem.


What are you talking about? You can do that anyway regardless of JC timers via pod express. Provided you have enough ISK to pay for the replacement clone cover else should you be podded there is consequence.

If you don't like JC that’s fair enough and I would probably argue the position is valid. However typing out the garbage you have over the last few posts to justify your position and why you don't like them is contemptible even by your own extremely poor standards.


Death cloning is another issue, however this thread is about Jump cloning.

CCP's Motto: If it isn't broken, break it. If it is broken, ignore it. Improving NPE / Dynamic New Eden

Xython
Merch Industrial
Goonswarm Federation
#70 - 2012-04-19 13:46:30 UTC
I'd be happy with 20.

Effectively the same amount of time ("a day"), but prevents "timer creep" -- when you are jumping fairly regularly, but jump ~5-10 minutes later each time cause of the timer.
Joe Skellington
Sarz'na Khumatari
#71 - 2012-04-19 13:57:30 UTC
Alexandra Alt wrote:
How dare you speak for me ? No I don't want 12 hour JC's, and I would apreciate the end of misguided threads of altruist people thinking they're speaking in my behalf....


No ****, who the **** gave this OP permission to speak for me as well.

Please note that ASCII art is not permitted in the forum signatures. Spitfire

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#72 - 2012-04-19 13:59:11 UTC
Aqriue wrote:
Remove jump clone timer all together.

Instead, when you jump its considered the equivilent of podding and you lose skill points as if it wasn't updated. You can do this as often as you like, there will reach a limit to how often the player behind the avatar willing to risk instant travel for such a high cost and then the other guy might win.


Skill Consequences for THIS and not High Sec Suicide GANKING ? Bad idea.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Nu Tra
All Seeing Eye
#73 - 2012-04-19 13:59:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Nu Tra
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Nu Tra wrote:
Brooks Puuntai wrote:
The argument of overspending on implants is a poor justification. Like anything in Eve you shouldn't fly around with things you can't afford to lose, same applies to implants. However the issue of switching clones isn't the issue I personally have, its the instantly moving around the galaxy thats the problem.


What are you talking about? You can do that anyway regardless of JC timers via pod express. Provided you have enough ISK to pay for the replacement clone cover else should you be podded there is consequence.

If you don't like JC that’s fair enough and I would probably argue the position is valid. However typing out the garbage you have over the last few posts to justify your position and why you don't like them is contemptible even by your own extremely poor standards.


I'm pretty sure Brook's position has to do with moving around the galaxy RISK FREE.

Those two KEY words are often ignored, as they are wrapped up inside the very idea of Clone Jumping itself, by it's very nature.


Thanks for clarifying the previous posters concerns for me. Roll


Neither activity is risk free. It says so on the tin when you install the JC. The fortress systems seen in 0.0 are an irrelevance after the fact. According to the many Bears here in this forum in numerous threads supporting the posit, anything that incurs a 100% certainty of loss is not a considered a risk (pod express being one example). In addition when installing a clone in a null sec station, the pop up advising of uncertainty, is either a risk or it isn't! We cant just cherry pick when it suits us to call ANY loss or potential loss a risk or not. Yeah thanks your clarity really helped him.
Nu Tra
All Seeing Eye
#74 - 2012-04-19 14:04:09 UTC
Brooks Puuntai wrote:
Nu Tra wrote:
Brooks Puuntai wrote:
The argument of overspending on implants is a poor justification. Like anything in Eve you shouldn't fly around with things you can't afford to lose, same applies to implants. However the issue of switching clones isn't the issue I personally have, its the instantly moving around the galaxy thats the problem.


What are you talking about? You can do that anyway regardless of JC timers via pod express. Provided you have enough ISK to pay for the replacement clone cover else should you be podded there is consequence.

If you don't like JC that’s fair enough and I would probably argue the position is valid. However typing out the garbage you have over the last few posts to justify your position and why you don't like them is contemptible even by your own extremely poor standards.


Death cloning is another issue, however this thread is about Jump cloning.



The fact still remains. It is possible to traverse regions at the click of a button. Therefore the concerns you listed can be circumvented without need of a JC. It is only natural to then conclude that the issues raised in your list are not relevant issues at all.
THE L0CK
Denying You Access
#75 - 2012-04-19 14:04:52 UTC
As you brought it upon yourself to automatically include me without my given consent, I must automatically switch my vote to no and add your 12 hours to the current 24 as to request a 36 hour jumpclone just to spite you.

Do you smell what the Lock's cooking?

Real Poison
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#76 - 2012-04-19 14:10:38 UTC
i'd settle for a new skill that subtracts 1 hour of wait time per level.
or just go with infomorph psychology so i don't have to train anything new.
kthxbai
Brooks Puuntai
Solar Nexus.
#77 - 2012-04-19 14:11:41 UTC
Nu Tra wrote:



The fact still remains. It is possible to traverse regions at the click of a button. Therefore the concerns you listed can be circumvented without need of a JC. It is only natural to then conclude that the issues raised in your list are not relevant issues at all.


This argument is pointless, since I find death cloning to be a issue as well. I never brought it up because this thread is about JC. Anything that allows you to move large distances of space instantly is a bad design, this goes for cynos, JBs, titan bridges, JCing, death cloning.

CCP's Motto: If it isn't broken, break it. If it is broken, ignore it. Improving NPE / Dynamic New Eden

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#78 - 2012-04-19 14:11:42 UTC
Nu Tra wrote:
Neither activity is risk free. It says so on the tin when you install the JC. The fortress systems seen in 0.0 are an irrelevance after the fact. According to the many Bears here in this forum in numerous threads supporting the posit, anything that incurs a 100% certainty of loss is not a considered a risk (pod express being one example).



Oh, so you speak NOT from experience, but from crap posted by lying idiots in the Forums.

Great.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Nu Tra
All Seeing Eye
#79 - 2012-04-19 14:28:22 UTC
Brooks Puuntai wrote:
Nu Tra wrote:



The fact still remains. It is possible to traverse regions at the click of a button. Therefore the concerns you listed can be circumvented without need of a JC. It is only natural to then conclude that the issues raised in your list are not relevant issues at all.


This argument is pointless, since I find death cloning to be a issue as well. I never brought it up because this thread is about JC. Anything that allows you to move large distances of space instantly is a bad design, this goes for cynos, JBs, titan bridges, JCing, death cloning.



Now... This is a completely different position entirely and has little to do with JC per se'. Don't get me wrong, I understand the position you have taken, you may find I could be in agreement, however with reference to your previous post, this thread is about Jump Clones ONLY. As such the arguments you list against ONLY JC can be circumvented by other means rendering your listed arguments irrelevant. Again I'll reiterate that is not to say you have no argument against quick regional travel just that it is slightly misplaced in this particular thread.
Nu Tra
All Seeing Eye
#80 - 2012-04-19 14:31:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Nu Tra
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Nu Tra wrote:
Neither activity is risk free. It says so on the tin when you install the JC. The fortress systems seen in 0.0 are an irrelevance after the fact. According to the many Bears here in this forum in numerous threads supporting the posit, anything that incurs a 100% certainty of loss is not a considered a risk (pod express being one example).



Oh, so you speak NOT from experience, but from crap posted by lying idiots in the Forums.

Great.



I don't think you quite got the point of including that line in the post. I wonder if it would have helped if I had used a semi colon, on second thoughts probably not and semi colons are very addictive. For reference there is a thread here in GD where the poster 'Tippia' has been arguing a perfectly valid point on the subject of RISK. Not to worry though I'll just file your latest blinding insight under 'clarity' much like your previous post. Big smile